Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members (17836 Views)

Wike: We Will Help PDP Lose 2023 Election / With Okowa As Atiku's Running Mate, Will PDP Win The Presidential Election? / 2023: Why Picking Wike As Atiku's Running Mate Will Help PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by Chikiletta: 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2019
The Akwa Ibom State governor, Udom Emmanuel, has urged members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on election duty to help the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) win the forthcoming general elections in the state.

The presidential election, including national assembly elections, holds on February 16, while the governorship and state house of assembly is on March 2.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), as it has become the practice, would be using NYSC members as ad hoc officials for the conduct of the elections.

Mr Emmanuel made the shocking appeal on Saturday at a political rally in Obot Akara Local Government Area of the state.

The governor after acknowledging the presence of his wife, Martha, and other dignitaries at the rally, went on to ask if there were NYSC members at the rally.

“Yes!” some voices responded from the crowd.

“You are the ones that will do elections!” Mr Emmanuel said from the stage where he stood to address the rally.

“You know how you do it!

“When you are doing it, remember PDP!

“When you are doing it, remember PDP-o!” the governor said.

“Gowon is a member of PDP, in case you don’t know,” the governor continued, after asking the crowd if they knew who started the NYSC programme in the country.

The NYSC is a scheme for Nigerian youth in place of mandatory military conscription which is non-existent in the country.

The programme was initiated in 1973 during the military administration of Yakubu Gowon.

Mr Gowon, 83, is not known to be currently involved in partisan politics.

At the Obot Akara rally, Mr Emmanuel expressed hope that the PDP candidate for Akwa Ibom North-West District election, Chris Ekpenyong, would defeat the incumbent senator, Godswill Akpabio.

Mr Akpabio, a former governor of the state, is seeking re-election as a senator under the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The senator had defected from the PDP to the APC in August last year, igniting a political storm in Akwa Ibom and across Nigeria.

“I can sign my signature on him, he will not betray you people, and he will not betray PDP” Governor Emmanuel said at the rally while soliciting votes for the PDP candidate, Mr Ekpenyong. “Nobody loves Obot Akara and Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District like Chris Ekpenyong.”

The governor urged the people of Obot Akara to give Mr Ekpenyong 100 per cent votes in the election.

He said it would make a perfect combination for Mr Ekpenyong to be at Abuja, while he, as governor, controls the state.

“I have checked records, this is the first time Obot Akara is going to produce a senator,” he added.

The governor, who said his administration has built roads and bridges in Obot Akara, promised to do more for the area if he is elected for a second term.

In his remarks at the rally, Mr Ekpenyong told Governor Emmanuel, “We have finished campaigns, we have finished the election. We are only waiting for the D-day.

“We know how to do elections,” he assured Mr Emmanuel. “When we finish in Obot Akara we will move on to another part of the state to give support to those who don’t know how to vote.”

The governor smiled.

Mr Ekpenyong warned those who have “federal might” not to dare step foot on Obot Akara and the entire state on the Election Day.

“We will surely extend our boundary from Obot Akara to all parts of Akwa Ibom,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/306848-help-pdp-win-elections-akwa-ibom-governor-tells-youth-corps-members.html

2 Likes

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by Chikiletta: 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2019
Wow. So governors are now encouraging INEC officials to rig for them. This Nigeria don tire me

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by Mynd44: 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2019
Ha!

5 Likes

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by peter1994(m): 6:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
Don't dull cheesy
Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by Ayoswit(f): 6:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
Udom would be returned as the governor of akwaibom state and there is nothing that buhari and his cabals can do about it. angry because Akwaibom is PDP and PDP is Akwaibom.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by femmy2010(m): 6:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
Lol

TSUNAMI BUHARI sweeping through Nigeria's political landscape.

PMB is a MOVEMENT

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by obembet(f): 6:31pm On Jan 21, 2019
Let me hear u say u lose

1 Like

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by kasheemawo(m): 6:31pm On Jan 21, 2019
grin cheesy
Buhari ti take over

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by KenOne: 6:32pm On Jan 21, 2019
Nigerians can now see that every bad thing in Nigeria was brought by PDP led government.

Rigging through INEC PDP brought it.

Boko Haram PDP brought it.

Kidnapping PDP brought it.

Militancy PDP brought it.

Looting PDP brought it.

Corruption in judiciary PDP brought it.

Politisation of military PDP brought it.

SANs turning government contractors like Mike Ozehkhome PDP brought it.

Pastors turn politicians like Oyedepo, Apostle Suleman, Paul Enenche, PDP brought it.

Now they've introduced another new one in the block asking non partisan and innocent NYSC members to rig election for them.

I cause PDP this day for trying to destroy our only trusted institution the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC).

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by Trouble1: 6:32pm On Jan 21, 2019
Mynd44:
Ha!

The fear of Buhari popularity is the beginning of wisdom grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by magzey: 6:32pm On Jan 21, 2019
Please don't spoil my letter naaaaa grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by EdidemOluomo: 6:32pm On Jan 21, 2019
We will rise to the fate of greatness... Dakkada
Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by TimFisher2: 6:32pm On Jan 21, 2019
undecided

Inasmuch as i am in support of Atiku winning the Presidential election

I will not support injustice

Gov Emmanuel you crossed the red line

Allow INEC to do their job

So that Democracy will flourish

16 Likes

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2019
This is my state and Udom knows he and his PDP are dead in Akwa Ibom. We are all solidly behind our leader Chief Godswill Akpabio CON.

We have had enough of PDP in Akwa ibom. Udom the deceitful Deacon should return to Lagos where he came from.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by WisdomFlakes: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2019
shocked shocked Did he truly say that? Because that is all shades of wrong. Such an appeal from a governor is unacceptable. Udom fall my hand. shocked shocked

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by Yusuf54: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2019
Obasanjo must hear this........lolllllllllllllllllllll

7 Likes

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by Omeokachie: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2019
Absurd propaganda by the violent party, just like their laughable Boko haram allegation bullshit.

Vote for the PDP to get Nigeria working again.
Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by Onyekachi419(f): 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2019
This is serious sad shocked

3 Likes

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by TOBACCO19(m): 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2019
We are getting the leaders we deserve. See the statements of a governor cry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2019
Mynd44:
Ha!

Are you shocked? cheesy

Udom Emmanuels time is up and he knows it

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by Daviddson(m): 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2019
gringrin

I follow foreign politics very well and I can boast that if this had happened in a country like South Korea, Japan, or the US, this governor would be arrested before today is over whether he's in the ruling party or not.

Late last year, south Korean police raided one of the offices in the presidential palace over an allegation that it's illegally spying on civilians.
An American governor who was dating his secretary was impeached and removed and sentenced to community services.
In US, a president was once arrested for over speeding on horseback. grin
And a Trump's lawyer's office was raided, and he was arrested, and is currently serving a 2 year+ jail term.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by yrex01(m): 6:35pm On Jan 21, 2019
Only youth coper with no future will do that.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by YurFatHer: 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2019
hmmnnn... implications will spread everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by BubuZombi: 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2019
D
Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by Mopolchi: 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2019
Dat one na sure banker.
Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by SEONaijaExpert: 6:38pm On Jan 21, 2019
Hahahahahaha. This man is a joker!

1 Like

Re: Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members by Pavore9: 6:38pm On Jan 21, 2019
Any video on that?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: I Won’t Be Regional President, Buhari Has Killed Nigeria – Bala Mohammed / Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? / Buhari Will Campaign At Akwa Ibom International Stadium, Federal Govt Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.