Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan (6714 Views)

The Culture Of Wedding Ring And Its Meaning In Nigeria / My Younger Brother's Wedding Plan Is Having Issues, Please Advise Me / What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by mis2sam: 9:09am On Aug 16, 2010
Dear Nairalanders,

My wedding is coming up very soon, in 3 month time and I've not really done anything about planning.I'm a christian to help your view.
Please can you help me with the list of items i need to pen down and start working on for the wedding

Thank you 4 always being there
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 16, 2010
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 16, 2010
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by mis2sam: 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2010
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE, I REALLY APPRECIATE UR RESPONSE
YES, I'M BASED IN LAGOS AS U GUESSED.
IF THERE IS MORE TO WHAT U HAVE EARLIER SENT, PLS DO NOT HESITATE TO KEEP ME POSTED
THANKS
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by yvyy(f): 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2010
am a wedding planner,i dont charge much but i'll help make your day filled w so much fun and colour.kindly do me a mial and we can either talk or chat am in lag.i will also forward u samples of my job and am in lagos.
email me at yvents&weddings@yahoo.com or yvluvu@yahoo.com so i can send u all u need  and with me,u need not ask or stress urself around.i take d wedding stress off u.u can even flash me i'll call u at 08087184740 or 08037988194.
thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Hotstepper(f): 2:40am On Aug 17, 2010
@chaircover, great job
do u mind putting a price tag on the items you have?
thanks
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 17, 2010
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by mis2sam: 9:23am On Aug 17, 2010
@ chaircover may be u forgot to put the website on ur post, i checked thru but can't find it
can u pls give us the site to look thru.
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 17, 2010
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Chomsy(f): 7:55am On Jun 17, 2012
Hello @Chaircover, How do one contact you then, cos the email address here does not seem valid. Can you at least put down your email address so i can write to you. Thank you
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 17, 2012
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Tgirl4real(f): 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2012
CC, did u say u are in Lagos or Ibadan? Me think u aren't based in Naija.

Btw, u mean u have a wedding gown as low as 35 grand? Where went u when I needed one? grin
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Tgirl4real(f): 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2012
chaircover: Tgirl e jo e ma binu ma

I am based in all the three cities that you mentioned wink

They are actually on sale at N15,000 cheesy
madam CC, please do u make profit, ur gowns are of good quality and very cheap, I'm just curious oh
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Cleverley(m): 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2012
Interesting
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Tgirl4real(f): 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2012
chaircover: Tgirl e jo e ma binu ma

I am based in all the three cities that you mentioned wink

They are actually on sale at N15,000 cheesy

Not even a thank u for the link I posted for u sad tongue
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 18, 2012
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by ronkebp(f): 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2012
Since we are talking about wedding here, i do not want to open a new thread for my question....grin

PLease people, asper yoruba culture....which family cooks for engagement and the reception on saturday....i just had an arguement over the weekend because i was thinking the brides family takes care of the whole engagement wahala while the groom's family takes care of the reception??.

This might benefit the poster too grin wink
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 18, 2012
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by ronkebp(f): 4:19pm On Jun 18, 2012
chaircover: This is one of those twist questions because nowadays a lot of other things come into play such as the financial capability of both families, how well the families get on, How well the grooms family trust the wives family to treat their guests well and so on.

officially & on paper LOL in yoruba culture, the brides family take care of the food at the reception and engagement because as per Yoruba culture the engagement and reception takes place in the brides terrain and they are the ones hosting the grooms family. What I have sometimes seen happen is for the grooms family to send a cow to the brides family to "help" towards feeding their guests.

Okay!!!!!! thank you so much......this is helpful....
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Tgirl4real(f): 4:32pm On Jun 18, 2012
chaircover: ejo e ma binu ma grin grin grin

Thank you for the link grin

How family?

Family dey o. I do events on the side. I will buzz you when I need stuff.
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Tgirl4real(f): 5:08pm On Jun 18, 2012
chaircover: This is one of those twist questions because nowadays a lot of other things come into play such as the financial capability of both families, how well the families get on, How well the grooms family trust the wives family to treat their guests well and so on.

officially & on paper LOL in yoruba culture, the brides family take care of the food at the reception and engagement because as per Yoruba culture the engagement and reception takes place in the brides terrain and they are the ones hosting the grooms family. What I have sometimes seen happen is for the grooms family to send a cow to the brides family to "help" towards feeding their guests.

In addition, to what you wrote. In modern day . . . the groom's family usually cater for their own guests.
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by ronkebp(f): 5:20pm On Jun 18, 2012
Tgirl4real:

In addition, to what you wrote. In modern day . . . the groom's family usually cater for their own guests.

That is exactly what i want, the bride should cook theirs' and the grooms should cook their own food too, it will just make the food to be more. But i guess because they have to travel from one State to the other, they want the food to be cooked together..which is not going to be a problem.
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 18, 2012

1 Like

Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by ronkebp(f): 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2012
Thank you CC and T-girl....my second question grin grin Is it better to use one caterer for both days or use different caterers for each day??
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2012
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by ronkebp(f): 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2012
chaircover: Ronke Queshion re ti n poju grin just joking

Depends on the number and the caliber of your guests. If you are going to have lots of VIP's then I suggest that you go for at least 2 caterers for each of the days. One to deal with the VIPs and the others to deal with the other guests.

2 caterers mean that you are not held to ransom by one single caterer and the serving points & serving staff etc is automatically doubled at both events.

. . . . . .So I would use the same 2 caterers on both days. It will also reduce wastage and theft, cos they will be watching each others moves and reporting back to you cool

nice......ok!!!! thanks.
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Tgirl4real(f): 11:16pm On Jun 18, 2012
ronkebp: Thank you CC and T-girl....my second question grin grin Is it better to use one caterer for both days or use different caterers for each day??

1 caterer ke? I didn't even use one caterer on one day.

Actually, u can use ur major caterer - a trusted hand on both days, but never use one caterer on d D-day, except if it's just a small gathering. Even for a small gathering sef, I would prefer to seperate d person making the general food like rice n swallow from d one making d specials like chinese, fish n fries, small chops, porridge, ewa agoin n dodo grin and may be tuwo.lol

No mind me o, I love good food. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by ronkebp(f): 11:23pm On Jun 18, 2012
Tgirl4real:

1 caterer ke? I didn't even use one caterer on one day.

Actually, u can use ur major caterer - a trusted hand on both days, but never use one caterer on d D-day, except if it's just a small gathering. Even for a small gathering sef, I would prefer to seperate d person making the general food like rice n swallow from d one making d specials like chinese, fish n fries, small chops, porridge, ewa agoin n dodo grin and may be tuwo.lol

No mind me o, I love good food. cheesy
Actually during my own wedding i used 1 caterer for both days, she has her own cooks like 5 different cooks and over 10 servers, all she did was oversee the cooking and everything was neat and perfect....i really enjoyed her services, i have no 'but' in all she did. She is a big time caterer in Akure....so was thinking we could use her again....but another caterer was telling me it was not advisable to use one caterer.

During the reception she had tables set in three different parts of the hall, and had servers on each side, it was really classy and her price did not cost 'ones whole body' smiley smiley
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Tgirl4real(f): 11:34pm On Jun 18, 2012
Since u have a trusted hand, then go for it. I was thinking dat way cos of 'our' kinda party. It's always too rowdy and 1 caterer can neva survive. grin

btw, na ya pikin wan wed. grin

just joking.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Is Flirting.... / "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" / How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.