Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan (6710 Views)

The Culture Of Wedding Ring And Its Meaning In Nigeria / My Younger Brother's Wedding Plan Is Having Issues, Please Advise Me / What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by ronkebp(f): 11:35pm On Jun 18, 2012
Tgirl4real: Since u have a trusted hand, then go for it. I was think dat way cos of 'our' kinda party. It's always too rowdy and 1 caterer can neva survive. grin

btw, na ya pikin wan wed. grin

just joking.

My sister.....pickin ke? it will take another 28 years By God's Grace oooooo smiley
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Tgirl4real(f): 11:46pm On Jun 18, 2012
ronkebp:

My sister.....pickin ke? it will take another 28 years By God's Grace oooooo smiley

haba! U neva born am ni? 24 -25 don do to marry o. Make dem no tey for house like we grin
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 19, 2012
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by ronkebp(f): 2:21pm On Jun 19, 2012
chaircover: Unless the wedding is a small one, you will need a lot more than 10 servers. If you have two thousand guests then it means one server is serving 200 people and out of those 200 people there are guaranteed to be 20 fussy guests who will engage the caterers with one complaint of meat size or the other. You also cant just throw the food down at the feet of VIP guests. You ask them what they want, then you bring the food with courtesy, style and panache LOL.

Ronke catering aiye isin ti yato o! I have a caterer that only uses Damask material as table cloths.

Like Tgirl said one caterer can do one thing and the other to do something else. Even the small chops sef na another caterer I go use so that my main caterer can focus on serving my guests.

Its the food and music that makes or breaks a party. God forbid one spends millions and millions of Naira and your guests go home hungry while coolers and coolers of food are getting spoilt in the caterers van.

Gat you wella.....should we then do a caterer and an olokpo?....me, i don't want to pay 500k naira each to two different caterers ooo, i don't have that money ooowink wink wink
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by moremi2008(m): 7:05pm On Jun 19, 2012
chaircover: n

OMG! Chaircover is a razz Ibadan mama, forming Lagos/London babe on Nairaland!!!! The wind don blow oh! And what the wind has revealed is rather shocking! grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2012
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by moremi2008(m): 1:13am On Jun 20, 2012
Last I heard, Ibadan Zoo is empty! All the animals escaped to Lagos! Even my "friends" at the zoo know better than to keep living in that dead village! I haven't been back there in more than a decade and I am surprised that giant, sprawling mess still exists! grin

From a business angle, are you sure an Ibadan bridal shop makes sense? Were you fleeing the saturation of Lagos markets or did you open the shop to capture the under-saturated Ibadan market? You do know that most people from Ibadan village travel to Lagos for shopping right? I know because I have this ancient aunt that used to stay with us on her regular shopping trips to Lagos to stock her fabric shop at a place called Bagi Market.

So tell us, how has the experience being so far? Is market selling? Do you take out ads in the dailies or on TV? Who is in charge of your shop while you're chasing Mr CC for kpekus in London? Has the person stolen you blind yet? I am so curious about people that run small businesses in Nigeria, especially in places outside Lagos. Much respect for your entrepreneurial spirit madam! Please make sure the children don't develop Ara-Oke accents! grin
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 20, 2012
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by moremi2008(m): 8:13am On Jun 20, 2012
chaircover: LOOOOLLLLLLL Moremi you are mad mad mad grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ok without spilling too many of my business secrets I can tell you that for ME Ibadan is more lucrative than Lagos lipsrsealed

The Ibadan that you diss AKA Brown roof city LOL is not too bad. Inu ikoko dudu ni efo funfun tin jade grin Besides, where else apart from Oje market in Ibadan that you can buy a basket of oranges for N500.

The Zoo still dey o! and your friends are still there and at only N200 (I think) entrance fee its superduper value for money. Apparently they have a lot of sponsorship from foreign conservation departments. The animals are well fed and looked after and there are a lot of different species there.

. .. and what you said about animals escaping to Lagos is a family joke grin word has it that during the ogunpa flood in ibadan, all the animals at agodi gardens escaped and we tease the person who told us the story that when the python met up with the tiger in Abakaiki, the python asked the tiger if he had heard any news on the flood subsiding and if it was safe to go back to Ibadan grin

LOL! Jokes aside, I am happy things are working out in "IB" as my sister calls it. I didn't even know that naija oranges come in baskets! Just like tomatoes from the North? Chai! I learn something new everyday.

More power to you CC! Too bad I don't have any friends that would do their wedding shopping in Ibadan! I would happily send them your way! grin
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Tgirl4real(f): 11:27am On Jun 20, 2012
chaircover: LOOOOLLLLLLL Moremi you are mad mad mad grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I agree a million times grin grin grin

Would u two stop derailing this innocent thread Railway workers kiss
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Enoquin(f): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2012
@chaircover: been to your site...quite a cool site...I must really commend you...well done.
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 21, 2012
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by reinedamse: 1:22pm On Jun 22, 2012
wow!!!!! so chaircover you are IB based and you own dat shop in ance along d road to martha"s kitchen.wowww!!!!!!! I've actually been admiring you on nairaland(I'm female). i draw wisdom from every of your post.i'm IB based too and i promise to start patronizing u. can't even wait to meet you in person kiss kiss kiss.Pls do you do wedding planning too? won't mind you being my wedding planner. wink wink
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Tgirl4real(f): 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2012
reinedamse: wow!!!!! so chaircover you are IB based and you own dat shop in ance along d road to martha"s kitchen.wowww!!!!!!! I've actually been admiring you on nairaland(I'm female). i draw wisdom from every of your post.i'm IB based too and i promise to start patronizing u. can't even wait to meet you in person kiss kiss kiss.Pls do you do wedding planning too? won't mind you being my wedding planner. wink wink

*clears throat* ahem . . . errmmm . . . CC, we have to do this job together. You possibly can't kick me out after using "My section" to do free publicity. As a matter of fact, I have to collect 10% owo mogbo before we can even continue the biz discussion. grin grin grin
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by ronkebp(f): 2:20pm On Jun 22, 2012
Chaircover...we plenty that will be paying you a visit....I know Jericho wella....will be visiting soon wink wink.
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Tgirl4real(f): 4:08pm On Jun 22, 2012
reinedamse: Pls do you do wedding planning too? won't mind you being my wedding planner. wink wink

YES!!! wink
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by ronkebp(f): 4:19pm On Jun 22, 2012
^^^^^^^^Alert!!!!!! OLe!!!! in the house wink wink wink
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Tgirl4real(f): 4:45pm On Jun 22, 2012
ronkebp: ^^^^^^^^Alert!!!!!! OLe!!!! in the house wink wink wink

Truth. . . to oto. . . tongue
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Tgirl4real(f): 11:42pm On Jun 22, 2012
chaircover:

Wow what a small world. Ive been hearing so much about this Martha's Kitchen but I dont know where it is. Reinedamse thank you for your encouragement. Looking forward to meeting you too. kiss

Tgirl thank you oooooooo; oya you too gba kiss kiss

Kini month fe fi kiss se

Why not gba contract? tongue
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by WeddingFever: 1:01am On Apr 25, 2013
Please for a newly engaged person, pls where does she start from and how many months should i give for the planning?
I picked august 23rd and 24th. Do you think i need more time?
Re: I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan by Tgirl4real(f): 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2013
WeddingFever: Please for a newly engaged person, pls where does she start from and how many months should i give for the planning?
I picked august 23rd and 24th. Do you think i need more time?

I believe August is fair enough, but six month is better. U should start first by you both determining your budget for the ceremony and the type of wedding u want.

P.S

I'll be moving this thread to Events section so that we can get better responses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! / Dealing With Mood Swings In Pregnancy / How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.