Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. (12393 Views)

Disabled: Debola Daniel Shares His Frustration Living In Nigeria With Disability / Juremi Foundation Commends Federal Government For Signing Disability Bill / Disability Bill Osinbajo LIED: See Letter Confirming Presidency Received Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by supereagle(m): 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2019
https://leadership.ng/2019/01/23/pmb-assents-to-discrimination-against-persons-with-disabilities-bill/
Leadership Nigeria Newspaper

NEWS

PMB Assents To Discrimination Against Persons With Disabilities Bill

Published
 1 min ago
on
 January 23, 2019

By
 Jonathan Nda-Isaiah 

President Muhammadu Buhari has assented to the Discrimination Against Persons with disabilities (Prohibition) Act, 2018.

According to a statement by the senior special assistant National Assembly (Senate) Ita Enang, this Act prohibits all forms of discrimination on ground of disability and imposes fine of N1, 000, 000 for corporate bodies and N100, 000 for individuals or a term of six months imprisonment for violation concurrently it guarantees right to maintain civil action for damage by the person injured against any defaulter.
He said the bill provides for a five-year transitional period within which public buildings, structures or automobile are to be modified to be accessible to and usable by persons with disabilities, including those on wheelchairs.

He said the Act further provides: ‘Before erecting any public structure, its plan shall be scrutinized by the relevant authority to ensure that the plan conforms to the building code.
“A government or government agency, body or individual responsible for the approval of building plans shall not approve the plan of a public building if the plan does not make provision for accessibility facilities in line with the building code.

“An officer who approves or directs the approval of a building plan that contravenes the building code, commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine of at least N1, 000, 000 or a term of imprisonment of two years or both.’’
Enang further said discrimination is prohibited in public transportation facilities and service providers are to make provision for the physically, visually and hearing impaired and all persons howsoever challenged. This applies to Seaports, Railways and Airport facilities.

According to him, the rights and privileges include education, healthcare, priority in accommodation and emergencies.

Furthermore, he noted that all public organisations are to reserve at least 5 % of employment opportunities for these persons.

“The National Commission for Persons with Disabilities is also established in Section 31 with Executive Secretary as the head,” he said.

18 Likes

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by Stocking: 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2019
As a cursed Ipob jew . I’m not happy about this
What will pdpigz campaign with now

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by SalamRushdie: 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2019
the same bill he and Osinbanjo denied being in possession of on National TV just last week ...Osinbanjo is such a huge liar !!!! I can still see his face saying "we don't have it " :"we are not aware" and then saying we returned it back to the house ....such a barefaced liar

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by baby8ace(m): 9:26pm On Jan 23, 2019
Please help a friend ,am in need of a job.
Qualification- HND in Statistics
Location-Ibadan
Contact- mail - henryify33@gmail.com
Mobile -08030643812.

1 Like

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by amaham(m): 10:02pm On Jan 23, 2019
The bill osunbade lied that it has not been passed by the national aasembly. They huriedly assented the bill when they saw the approval letter received by the ita enang on social media. The lies and hypocrisy of this govt is legendary

52 Likes

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by ALAYORMII: 4:27am On Jan 24, 2019
Since the president himself is disabled

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by smile11s(m): 4:29am On Jan 24, 2019
Welcomed development. What about tax breaks for companies that hire people with disabilities?

2 Likes

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by Stephenabudu960(m): 4:30am On Jan 24, 2019
is that so
Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 4:30am On Jan 24, 2019
I'm sure he doesn't know what he signed,he couldn't understand what it meant during the recent interview. Buhari is no longer fit to govern any community, a vote for APC is a vote for cabals,let's use our sense this 2019,let us be patriotic and send Buhari and his cabals away from Aso Rock.

19 Likes

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by Lawyer777: 4:31am On Jan 24, 2019
The bill will favour Buhari because he's already falling like a "dilapidated" building. #GreedyOldMan

11 Likes

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by vastolord4(m): 4:31am On Jan 24, 2019
Disability bill Are all these kind of bill not supposed to be already part of the constitutional law? It's just so amazing that these guyz take us unseriously..
I think nigeria needs a revolution

6 Likes

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by mykelswa(m): 4:32am On Jan 24, 2019
Nice one babu.
Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by Binikingdowm: 4:37am On Jan 24, 2019
Stocking:
you simply need help

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by princeade86(m): 4:40am On Jan 24, 2019
they can denial it oooo later
Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by buchilino(m): 4:41am On Jan 24, 2019
Stocking:

TELL UR BARBARIAN BABA 2 SIGN D ELECTORAL LAW JACK ASS

8 Likes

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by InaNla(f): 4:41am On Jan 24, 2019
Thank you, Mr. President.

We believe that you have overstayed your welcome in Aso Rock and is time to return back home.

4 Likes

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by buchilino(m): 4:42am On Jan 24, 2019
vastolord4:
Disability bill Are all these kind of bill not supposed to be already part of the constitutional law? It's just so amazing that these guyz take us unseriously..
I think nigeria needs a revolution

IT'S A SIMPLE MATTER OF TIME NOT WEN
Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by InaNla(f): 4:43am On Jan 24, 2019
Stocking:

Hatred filled soul, this is too early sir?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by InaNla(f): 4:44am On Jan 24, 2019
Lawyer777:
The bill will favour Buhari because he's already falling like a "dilapidated" building. #GreedyOldMan

You mean Buari will be the first beneficiary of the new bill? shocked

6 Likes

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by johnjay4u2u(m): 4:45am On Jan 24, 2019
I thought he said he doesn't know about the bill and hasn't seen it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by bluecircle470: 4:56am On Jan 24, 2019
amaham:
The bill osunbade lied that it has not been passed by the national aasembly. They huriedly assented the bill when they saw the approval letter received by the ita enang on social media. The lies and hypocrisy of this govt is legendary

Yes they’re actually not different from the PDP government then. APC and PDP are both dissaster

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by SEONaijaExpert: 5:00am On Jan 24, 2019
I'm very impressed. There should in no way be any act of discrimination against the incapable.
Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by Yankee101: 5:09am On Jan 24, 2019
After denying you've not seen it

5 Likes

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by zelexotunla(m): 5:10am On Jan 24, 2019
These people denied having this bill in their possession. How come accelerated action like this, hmmm I fear desperate politicians ooo. there is nothing they can't do. How I wish youths can change the tide on this election periods and vote a fresh set of people. I can't wish us to go back to our vomit (PDP and Atiku for that matter) Atiku is a packaged shit for the progress of this country. Buhari and Osinbajo are also caged by cabal. We can't see a better nation if we continued to be deceived by same set of people just changing party upandan.

7 Likes

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by orisa37: 5:16am On Jan 24, 2019
ALAYORMII:
Since the president himself is disabled

Opari. Chikena. It's finished.
Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by RealTrump: 5:32am On Jan 24, 2019
SalamRushdie:
the same bill he and Osinbanjo denied being in possession of on National TV just last week ...Osinbanjo is such a huge liar !!!! I can still see his face saying "we don't have it " :"we are not aware" and then saying we returned it back to the house ....such a barefaced liar

There was no denial, pmb didn't just know what the bill is. My guess is that his assistants explained it to him after the interview.

Trust me, I am not Buhari's fan

3 Likes

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by helinues: 5:33am On Jan 24, 2019
Is this not the bill Pdp accused Apc of not signing?
Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by ivandragon: 5:33am On Jan 24, 2019
hmm...

PMB has a knack for exposing his buharideens, especially those on NL, as the brainless & unthinking louts they are.

when it was shown that the 'bill' had been sent back to PMB for assent, some of his goons were still arguing blindly.

now that PMB has signed it, what will they say?

you cannot support PMB & have a conscience nor reason properly.

2 Likes

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by udumosam23(m): 5:48am On Jan 24, 2019
Pls can someone explain in clear terms what this disability bill is all about.

1 Like

Re: PMB Passed Disability Bill Into Law. by Judybash93(m): 6:15am On Jan 24, 2019
Lawyer777:

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Budget Was Not Based On Zero Budgeting-Auditor General / Anyim Pius Anyim Celebrates His 56th Birthday Today / I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.