Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,279 members, 7,822,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

ff - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ff (1990 Views)

Study In Romania......advice Needed.... / Overstayer In The UK - Advice On What To Do? / Travelling To Sa (advice Needed ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ff by MOBO444(f): 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2010
ff
Re: ff by kadman(m): 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2010
I just finished a masters too. I live in Leeds, rent is cheap and there's a reaosnable amount of jobs compared to smaller cities.

However I'm still running to London. . me and the rent go battle am cheesy cheesy
Re: ff by kadman(m): 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2010
Re: ff by MOBO444(f): 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2010
dd
Re: ff by usewisdom: 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2010
I think BRADORD (West Yorkshire) is excellent in terms of job, house retting more cheaper,
My guess question from u might be ''Why i did not move there myself'''
But the aswer is ''Lived there for good 4yrs & have to join my family here in Dublin. If not, pls hail BRADFORD west yorkshaire as the most peaceful city in UK and very low house renting there, It's just up to you anyway!

Goodluck,
Re: ff by kadman(m): 7:31pm On Aug 16, 2010
usewisdom:

I think BRADORD (West Yorkshire) is excellent in terms of job, house retting more cheaper,
My guess question from u might be ''Why i did not move there myself'''
But the aswer is ''Lived there for good 4yrs & have to join my family here in Dublin. If not, pls hail BRADFORD west yorkshaire as the most peaceful city in UK and very low house renting there,  It's just up to you anyway!

Goodluck,

Dude you gotta to be kidding me. I did my masters at University of Bradford,and ran off to Leeds immediately, yes houses are cheap but that's about it. The town is horribly boring, there are no job prospects since the Pakistans run everything and the whole town is depressing. Leeds is 20 mins aways and rent difference is like £100 a month. Dudeeeeee.
Re: ff by usewisdom: 10:37pm On Aug 16, 2010
@ kadman, stop discouring this man, How is cheaper in connection with either your relative/family friend. I'm talking about direct house rent from the Estate Agent' it's totaly cheap in BRADFORD. Either you finished your masters or masters it's non of my business, that's proudness in you that clearly appeared to everyone here, The bitter truth is: Let the guy try to visit BRADFORD to confirm first and if he's not satisfied then he can wecome your idea too. There's no harm in this, but an advice 4u is to try stop prouding. Millions of people already studied masters in different university in UK.
Wake up man !!! grin grin grin grin grin Prouder,
Re: ff by justwise(m): 10:50am On Aug 17, 2010
usewisdom:

@ kadman, stop discouring this man, How is cheaper in connection with either your relative/family friend. I'm talking about direct house rent from the Estate Agent' it's totaly cheap in BRADFORD. Either you finished your masters or masters it's non of my business, that's proudness in you that clearly appeared to everyone here, The bitter truth is: Let the guy try to visit BRADFORD to confirm first and if he's not satisfied then he can wecome your idea too. There's no harm in this, but an advice 4u is to try stop prouding. Millions of people already studied masters in different university in UK.

Sorry i have to agree with kadman Bradford is pakistan simple, i know Bradford far too well, moving from Bradford to Leeds is like moving from pakistan to England. Jobs? Where did u see decent job in bradford? Rent is low only in those dodgy areas. Bradford is only good for a starter but if you want to move to England then say bye bye to Bradford.
Re: ff by MOBO444(f): 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2010
ff
Re: ff by justwise(m): 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2010
MOBO444:

Justwise how are you doing,i live in Stockton,close to middlesbrough,i am looking forward to moving to leeds,manchester, edinbrough or london,please i need your advice on leeds and its job prospect, there is not much going on in stockton or middlesbrough,they are just both small town with lots of lack.

I see Leeds as London of Yorshire, there are more job opportunities there compared to other yorkshire cities, Manchester is another big city bigger than Leeds (i think) i never lived there b4 but the cost of living will not be too high. I don't know much about edinbrough but if i were u, i will narrow my search to Leeds and Manchester.
Re: ff by kadman(m): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2010
usewisdom:

@ kadman, stop discouring this man,  How is cheaper in connection with either your relative/family friend. I'm talking about direct house rent from the Estate Agent' it's totaly cheap in BRADFORD. Either you finished your masters or masters it's non of my business, that's proudness in you that clearly appeared to everyone here,  The bitter truth is: Let the guy try to visit BRADFORD to confirm first and if he's not satisfied then he can wecome your idea too. There's no harm in this, but an advice 4u is to try stop prouding. Millions of people already studied masters in different university in UK.

Based on your spellings and your lack of ability to write common sentences, I see why you love Bradford, you belong there with the Pakistans.
I only said I just finished with my masters because the poster is in the same boat as me, it's not my fault you've never seen the four corners of a higher institution before.
And oh, why shouldn't I be proud ? My fees probably cost more than you've seen in your life you silly cow.
Re: ff by usewisdom: 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2010
@ kadman, i don't blame you, I'm jubilating your new award,

HAIL THE FOOL OF THE YEAR 2010 , KA-D-M-A-N grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ff by kadman(m): 12:13am On Aug 18, 2010
usewisdom:

@ kadman, i don't blame you, I'm jubilating your new award,

HAIL THE FOOL OF THE YEAR 2010 , KA-D-M-A-N grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Stupid [i]and [/i]immature, be happy, your family must be proud of you.
Re: ff by usewisdom: 11:10pm On Aug 18, 2010
@ Kadman,
It seems you're jobless,
You are very naughty
Yeye fow
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#000099][/color][b][/b]
Re: ff by MOBO444(f): 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2010
df
Re: ff by yommyuk: 5:59am On Aug 28, 2010
@MOBO444?

U've got master right? What did u study? Have you got UK or Nigerian work experience? What skills and experience have u got?
Re: ff by MOBO444(f): 10:23am On Aug 28, 2010
ff
Re: ff by yommyuk: 5:57pm On Aug 28, 2010
Again I insist ,what did you study and what kind of experience have u got? What are your plan in regards to work. Do you seek a job that relates to the skills and education you have acquired or is it anything goes work u seek. However I do understand your reluctance on revealing it on NL.

Advice
Out of the three cities u've listed, Manchester is your best bet. Loads of 9ijas reside there if u need to network. Rent is reasonable, loads of jobs but pay is low if compared to Birmingham, London, or SE England. However, ur lack of UK work experience can be a hindrance because there is stiff competition in the job market at the momment. Sell yourself via your CV by enhancing your Naija work experience. Some jobs/disciplines are less reliant on UK experience as long as you can prove your worth.

If you are seeking anything goes jobs, once your papers are ok, seek and ye shall find.
Re: ff by MOBO444(f): 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2010
d
Re: ff by yommyuk: 9:31am On Aug 29, 2010
Therefore u shouldn't have a problem as long as u've got the working papers needed. Try Manchester or Birmingham. They have a lot of Industries there with a huge multicultural presense.

As per the HR course u are doing, why not try to learn SAGE payroll. This may give you a foot in the door. Good luck.
Re: ff by MOBO444(f): 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2010
d

(1) (Reply)

Study In India/visa / Tourism Management As A Discipline In Nigerian Universities / Fatal Accident Along Onitsha - Owerri Express Road - Pictures And Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.