Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,259 members, 7,864,364 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:47 PM

If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore (9459 Views)

Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year / Don't Distribute Anambra Election Materials From Hope Uzodimma's State -APGA / Unclad Girls In Lekki: LASAA Suspends Firm's Licence Over Indecent Advertisement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by Mayflowa(m): 10:26am On Jan 24, 2019
REDshouse:
.if there is no electricity to distribute , u will still come and seize licence.....see licence siezer...you better throw in toewel like oby has done and join the next level wagon

I am not canvassing for Sowore. To be candid, there is a lot of electricity generated in this country that are not distributed. The Generating companies (GENCOS) are different from transmission company. And they are also different from distribution companies (DISCOS). The gencos and discos were privatized while FG retained transmission company for a reason. The FG transmission company buys all the energy generated from the GENCOS with millions of dollars daily and sell to the distribution companies to pass to our houses. Now, the distribution companies hardly want to buy sufficient energy from FG. They buy a little that they can give to industries that would make them the most profit and leave residential zone in darkness.

Transmission company buys all that the gencos produced so they won't go into bankrupt through Nigeria Bulk Electricity Ttading PLC (NBET). You may not have heard of this company ( http://nbet.com.ng/about-us/board-of-directors/ ) but I believe lots of shady deals go on there with FG monies

3 Likes

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by Oweku: 10:28am On Jan 24, 2019
What is this 1 saying, did he tell you that he will seize licence of distributors that do not have power and not give it.
REDshouse:
.if there is no electricity to distribute , u will still come and seize licence.....see licence siezer...you better throw in toewel like oby has done and join the next level wagon

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by chloride6: 10:33am On Jan 24, 2019
slowpoke
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by chloride6: 10:33am On Jan 24, 2019
Oweku:

What is this 1 saying, did he tell you that he will seize licence of distributors that do not have power and not give it.

Even this doesnt make sense
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by biosilicon: 10:35am On Jan 24, 2019
REDshouse:
bro talk is cheap

So how so you know one can do anything if you dont give them any chance.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by Omololu001: 10:36am On Jan 24, 2019
olajide8:

Rhetoric as usual- what agreement did the previous administration sign? And how much would be paid if the agreement is breached? The first priority and responsibility of the president is to uphold the constitution - so there is a limit to what the president can do

The best any administration can do, is to do this, wait for them to come for renewal and refuse the renewal
do you know there are terms the discos must meet for the agreement to be legit and one of them is distributing prepaid metres for free.
GEJ caused all this rubbish sha.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by j1mmy: 10:37am On Jan 24, 2019
Oweku:
No place for thieves in Sowore's government grin
Nigerian citizens worship thieves so he will not win.

4 Likes

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by Omololu001: 10:39am On Jan 24, 2019
REDshouse:
bro talk is cheap
so you want us to continue with buhari that has taking no bold step in the power sector?

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by persius555(m): 10:42am On Jan 24, 2019
Electricity Distribution companies are nothing but official extortionists. They prey on public pocket because they know they can get away with it.
Nigerians can hardly come together to fight a common enemy just as the politicians have a filled day toying with our intelligence.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by ednut1(m): 10:55am On Jan 24, 2019
Reasons i dislike this Sowore man. Lack understanding and civility. The discos have been rejecting power because they cannot recover the revenue from the one sold. With all the illegal connections and refusals to pay
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by REDshouse(m): 11:14am On Jan 24, 2019
Omololu001:
so you want us to continue with buhari that has taking no bold step in the power sector?
power is improving and it needs to keep improving till we get it right.....

Power is not what u will go to china and start using

It requires a lot and processes....

I Blieve there are many obstacles in the power sector from our past leaders who have never done a bit but share the money....

At least some people can affirm that power generations has increase to 7000m of recent ....and very soon mambilah will come up and other thermal generation stations....

The truth is that i so much Sowore but he cant get there now.....
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by Realdeals(m): 11:38am On Jan 24, 2019
ednut1:
Reasons i dislike this Sowore man. Lack understanding and civility. The discos have been rejecting power because they cannot recover the revenue from the one sold. With all the illegal connections and refusals to pay

Your argument is flawed, at the time these Disco's were sold, one of the things Nigerians were told is that these Disco's will provide meters to all consumers, have they done that? Was there any part of the agreement that says they must recover all debt before metering?

Provision of meters will curb illegal connection and refusal to pay.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by slimfit1(m): 11:42am On Jan 24, 2019
justfash50:

I hate it when people of Sowore calibre do not prepare adequately for a debate and come on air to ridicule himself more on discourse he knows nothing about.

He should for once go and read the legal frameworks that establish all the stakeholders in the power sector...........to the regulator before coming on air spew ru.....sh.

The more government produce people citizens like you the more this country sinks. So frame works that are not well drafted can't be adjusted to suite all the parties is that what you saying.

2 Likes

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by slimfit1(m): 11:46am On Jan 24, 2019
ednut1:

If sowore lack understanding surely sir you don't have one to dilute his understanding. Every same soul understand him, insane people don't understand him.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by lordkay10(m): 12:01pm On Jan 24, 2019
allanphash7:
The last response of Sowore to the question by the anchor really got me cracking

Anchor: if you loose will you accept?

Sowore: if the election is free and fair we can't loose
Honestly I've been laughing uncontrollably since yesterday anytime I remember that response grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by Moreoffaith(m): 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
ednut1:

And how do they stop illegal connection and refusal to pay?

Meter every houses and once they exhaust the free units that comes with the meter they pay up their debt to continue with the meter ..But estimated bills makes them billionaires monthly without rendering services they were paid for.
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by skywalker240(m): 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2019
biosilicon:

So by your logic if the previous government signs an agreement with a consultant to pay the consultant a billion naira daily. The next government comes in and discovers the consultant actually does not do any job and is just another way to siphon money. They should sheepishly continue paying because an agreement has been signed right? Or as you said continue paying until it is time to renew the contract again.

Sir your logic is flawed.
Brother, Buhari sheat don full dat guy brain. 100.100% zombie grin
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by ednut1(m): 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2019
Realdeals:

Your argument is flawed, at the time these Disco's were sold, one of the things Nigerians were told is that these Disco's will provide meters to all consumers, have they done that? Was there any part of the agreement that says they must recover all debt before metering?

Provision of meters will curb illegal connection and refusal to pay.
are people no bypassing meters
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by Moreoffaith(m): 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2019
REDshouse:

I Blieve there are many obstacles in the power sector from our past leaders who have never done a bit but share the money....

At least some people can affirm that power generations has increase to 7000m of recent ....and very soon mambilah will come up and other thermal generation stations....

I agree with with you power generation has increased to 7000mw recently but where is the light?

Where I stay we only use 7hrs light daily, multiply that by 20 days in a month cos they do 2 days on 1 day off, that's 140 hrs of light a month. Pls divide that by 24 hrs...140/24hrs=5days 8hrs monthly and I pay roughly 5000 monthly to this thieves...
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by ednut1(m): 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2019
slimfit1:

If sowore lack understanding surely sir you don't have one to dilute his understanding. Every same soul understand him, insane people don't understand him.
i have worked for a disco and a genco on projects. Has sowore done same He has zero knowledge

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by Realdeals(m): 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2019
ednut1:
are people no bypassing meters

They do, prepaid meter installation is now outdoor on the pole itself or wherever anyone can see it, it cannot be bypassed any longer.
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by REDshouse(m): 12:34pm On Jan 24, 2019
Moreoffaith:

I agree with with you power generation has increased to 7000mw recently but where is the light?

Where I stay we only use 7hrs light daily, multiply that by 20 days in a month cos they do 2 days on 1 day off, that's 140 hrs of light a month. Pls divide that by 24 hrs...140/24hrs=5days 8hrs monthly and I pay roughly 5000 monthly to this thieves...
reason why i said the distribution is no problem if there is no adequate prepaid metering of all homes..
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 24, 2019
What about moving on to solar energy, thereby reducing the burden on the electricity companies? Coupled with Inverter tech.
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by ednut1(m): 12:35pm On Jan 24, 2019
Moreoffaith:

And how do they stop illegal connection and refusal to pay?

Meter every houses and once they exhaust the free units that comes with the meter they pay up their debt to continue with the meter ..But estimated bills makes them billionaires monthly without rendering services they were paid for.
are people not bypassing the meters
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by Omolomo4eva(m): 1:02pm On Jan 24, 2019
Tunasco4u:
Sowore I like you to be a President buttttt come back next time undecided undecidedbecause the fact is you cannot win this race it belong to someone else which is Alh Muhammad Buhari grin grin
This is watching Fela called ANIMAL TALK
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by slimfit1(m): 1:10pm On Jan 24, 2019
ednut1:
i have worked for a disco and a genco on projects. Has sowore done same He has zero knowledge

These are companies that have people who have milked this country badly. In a same world most countries would do exactly what he said. He doesn't need to work in the company. This is the problem we have in this country you don't know your right.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by olajide8(m): 1:19pm On Jan 24, 2019
biosilicon:

So by your logic if the previous government signs an agreement with a consultant to pay the consultant a billion naira daily. The next government comes in and discovers the consultant actually does not do any job and is just another way to siphon money. They should sheepishly continue paying because an agreement has been signed right? Or as you said continue paying until it is time to renew the contract again.

Sir your logic is flawed.

The best they can do is to audit the payment - and request for refund of the differences, (ie Remita, that was initially collecting is it 10% or so of all monies collected on behalf of the federal govt, until the Nass intervened and it was reduced- the contract was not revoked) or then go to court to request for a set aside of the agreements signed with the discos and the discos in their own wisdom would certainly not allow it to get to that level, knowing the terms they agreed too-

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by Omololu001: 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2019
REDshouse:

power has increase to 7000MW but power supply to people homes have not increased. I have a house in ikorodu, and have another house in lekki, I have a cousin living in magodo, power supply is terrible in the areas I do stay in those three places. There has been no change in the power supply during the tenure of GEJ and PMB.

The DISCOS are not even given out prepaid metres to people, they have breach the contract so the FG can take back any of them license. But fashola does not want to do that, I'm sure he has his reasons.

GENCOS is generating enough power, but DISCOS are refusing to buy, even when mambilla and others come up, the DISCOS won't still buy power supply from the transmission company.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by BluntBoy(m): 1:22pm On Jan 24, 2019
Youthful exuberance cannot help the country. Rather, it would destroy it. Sowore still needs a lot of learning to do.

What did Fashola's initial highhandedness do? Nothing!!!

Anyway, Sowore, I like you, but 2019 is not your year. Your time will come.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by olajide8(m): 1:23pm On Jan 24, 2019
Omololu001:
do you know there are terms the discos must meet for the agreement to be legit and one of them is distributing prepaid metres for free.
GEJ caused all this rubbish sha.

Are you also aware that if the term is not met, this administration would have gladly revoked the agreement already - and maybe looked for their own disco operators

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

North Korea Confirmed 19 Coronavirus Patients – All Shot Dead / Reps Ask NERC To Suspend Planned Electricity Tariff Hike / Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate History (1972-2022)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.