Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,426 members, 7,864,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:24 AM

If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore (9462 Views)

Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year / Don't Distribute Anambra Election Materials From Hope Uzodimma's State -APGA / Unclad Girls In Lekki: LASAA Suspends Firm's Licence Over Indecent Advertisement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by olajide8(m): 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2019
Realdeals:

There are ground the licenses can be revoked, are the companies fulfilling their part of the agreement?

Where is the meter they are meant to install for everybody?
Is it part of their agreement to reject loads?

Do you think they don't know? But if the supply of pre-paid meters was one- don't you think it would have been revoked since-

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by vickylincon(m): 1:35pm On Jan 24, 2019
Omololu001:
Gencos are producing enough power, but Discos are not buying from Gencos.

Gencos now generate close to 7000MW, but Discos don't buy from them.
let me help you a little bit. Transmission company carry the power from genco and give to transmission company. D transmission company does not have the capacity to transmit 7000... Only 5000. So all disco together can only share 5k. We are 170m. How do you think they can successfully share the light? Let the govt increase the capacity of the transmission coy first. Then, we can talk. In the mean time, fight for prepaid meter
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by Omololu001: 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2019
vickylincon:
let me help you a little bit. Transmission company carry the power from genco and give to transmission company. D transmission company does not have the capacity to transmit 7000... Only 5000. So all disco together can only share 5k. We are 170m. How do you think they can successfully share the light? Let the govt increase the capacity of the transmission coy first. Then, we can talk. In the mean time, fight for prepaid meter
thanks bro... I totally understand where you're coming from, the power sector needs more money/investment.

Past government after Gowon really messed up this country, especially from the tenure of IBB, most of them didn't generate up to 1000MW throughout their tenure.
If each government has been generating up to 5000MW we won't be at this level.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by allanphash7(m): 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2019
The guy is so so confident
lordkay10:

Honestly I've been laughing uncontrollably since yesterday anytime I remember that response grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by ednut1(m): 3:05pm On Jan 24, 2019
slimfit1:

These are companies that have people who have milked this country badly. In a same world most countries would do exactly what he said. He doesn't need to work in the company. This is the problem we have in this country you don't know your right.
if only u how deep this shit is lol. let him come into power and see the kinda agreement the discos signed with the govt u go fear. nigeria is beyond redemption and we all know it. sowore is only a noise maker
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by 247ibile: 6:22pm On Jan 24, 2019
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by biosilicon: 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2019
olajide8:

The best they can do is to audit the payment - and request for refund of the differences, (ie Remita, that was initially collecting is it 10% or so of all monies collected on behalf of the federal govt, until the Nass intervened and it was reduced- the contract was not revoked) or then go to court to request for a set aside of the agreements signed with the discos and the discos in their own wisdom would certainly not allow it to get to that level, knowing the terms they agreed too-

Quite frankly, i dont understand anything you just said
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by 247ibile: 9:36pm On Jan 24, 2019
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by olajide8(m): 9:55pm On Jan 24, 2019
biosilicon:

Quite frankly, i dont understand anything you just said

I was following your analogy and explaining it to you- you said something about a N1b a day and canceling an agreement on that basis - I said, this particular agreement is not a simple one, that you can just cancel, I also went ahead to give u an example, using Remita and the initial charges and review and negotiation to its reduction - now, the clauses in this agreement does not afford nigeria the opportunity to cancel only renewal or refusal to renew, that how bad the contract/agreement is - and this was done in in exchange for a few hundred million dollars, by the PDP- while it was sold to friends, just the way they want to sell nnpc to friends (which is also very much impossible because except the law establishing nnpc has changed, nnpc is owned by all states of the federation) - it's the worst agreement any govt can go into- it's so bad, if the govt revoke it - we would pay these crooks billions and billions of dollars for no reason for years- it was so badly irked out that the FG thru the CBN is syndicating loans and standing as collateral for these discos - for better emphasis "they are using our own money to render useless service to us*

2 Likes

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by mechanics(m): 10:19pm On Jan 24, 2019
Na so.
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by Pataricatering(f): 12:05am On Jan 25, 2019
You can’t seize their license when they signed non - revoke clause with Jonathan’s government ! Most people including sowore don’t understand the battle governing Nigeria is ! They will just be talking trash - when you get there your eyes will clear !
VaselineCrew:

I don't get what you are saying bro, shouldn't he do the right thing? If Discos refuse to buy and distribute available power from Gencos, should there be repercussions?
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by 9jaRealist: 3:47am On Jan 25, 2019
VaselineCrew:
I don't get what you are saying bro, shouldn't he do the right thing? If Discos refuse to buy and distribute available power from Gencos, should there be repercussions?
And who will buy anything for N52 that they will not be allowed to sell for more than N38?

Unless Mr. Sowore does the right thing on tariffs, he will simply end up with a bunch of licenses clogging up his desk.
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by 9jaRealist: 4:01am On Jan 25, 2019
Mayflowa:

I am not canvassing for Sowore. To be candid, there is a lot of electricity generated in this country that are not distributed. The Generating companies (GENCOS) are different from transmission company. And they are also different from distribution companies (DISCOS). The gencos and discos were privatized while FG retained transmission company for a reason. The FG transmission company buys all the energy generated from the GENCOS with millions of dollars daily and sell to the distribution companies to pass to our houses. Now, the distribution companies hardly want to buy sufficient energy from FG. They buy a little that they can give to industries that would make them the most profit and leave residential zone in darkness.

Transmission company buys all that the gencos produced so they won't go into bankrupt through Nigeria Bulk Electricity Ttading PLC (NBET). You may not have heard of this company ( http://nbet.com.ng/about-us/board-of-directors/ ) but I believe lots of shady deals go on there with FG monies

First, each of the DISCOs are 49% owed by the federal government.

Nonetheless, in a country of almost 200 million which somehow only has 6 million registered electricity consumers (which includes the military and the MDAs that refuse to settle their electricity bills), no person should rationally blame the DISCOs for not taking on electric power that it cannot collect payments for. More importantly, so long as NERC refuses to sanction cost-reflective tariffs (whereupon price of electricity generated at N58/kWh is capped at N32/kWh) and many consumers continue to steal power, there will not only continue to be a large amount of “stranded” power (that is, power generated but not distributed) but the DISCOs will continue to be both unable (and unwilling) to make the sorts of massive investments necessary to improve power supply - and neither will commercial banks provide the necessary finance!

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by justfash50: 6:34am On Jan 25, 2019
slimfit1:

The more government produce people citizens like you the more this country sinks. So frame works that are not well drafted can't be adjusted to suite all the parties is that what you saying.

You just display the same ignorance with sowore, it is not the Discos fault for PDP to skew the agreement and signed unbehalf of you and I in favour of the Discos. Do you want the Nation to start unending fight with Discos in court and expect no consequences in terms of service delivery and to burst your bubble a sensitive sector for that matter. This is pure business gone wrong and not political. Go and read abeg and stop displaying ignorance everywhere.
Re: If You Don't Distribute Electric Power, We'll Seize Your Licence - Sowore by slimfit1(m): 4:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
justfash50:

You just display the same ignorance with sowore, it is not the Discos fault for PDP to skew the agreement and signed unbehalf of you and I in favour of the Discos. Do you want the Nation to start unending fight with Discos in court and expect no consequences in terms of service delivery and to burst your bubble a sensitive sector for that matter. This is pure business gone wrong and not political. Go and read abeg and stop displaying ignorance everywhere.

So it's a lifetime agreement that can't be redraft?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Report: How Civil Servants, Politicians Colluded To Loot Kwara Properties / Get Over Your Electoral Defeat, Hon. Ben Kalu's Aide Mocks Chima Anyaso [VIDEO] / Kolmani Oilfield: Gombe, Rift Oil Sign Mou To Explore Hydrocarbon Discovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.