Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,933 members, 7,810,597 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

‘Return Home, Your Former Boss And Mentor Obasanjo Is Atikulated’, AYF Tells Oby - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Return Home, Your Former Boss And Mentor Obasanjo Is Atikulated’, AYF Tells Oby (14364 Views)

Borno Is Atikulated - Arewa Influencer, Hayatu / "Anambra Is Atikulated" - Jennifer Douglas, Atiku's Wife Shares Video / Dele Momodu Dumps President Buhari, Gets Atikulated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: ‘Return Home, Your Former Boss And Mentor Obasanjo Is Atikulated’, AYF Tells Oby by SEONaijaExpert: 5:20pm On Jan 24, 2019
fordunit:

Atiku does not need to win Buhari in the core Northern States. All he needs to do is divide the votes in NE/NW then take North Central States. If you think Buhari is taking any state in SS and SE without rigging u are dreaming.
SS and SE is just like what you said about Atiku in the North. President Buhari doesn't have to win those areas, all we need is just 1/3 votes and that's way too possible.
Re: ‘Return Home, Your Former Boss And Mentor Obasanjo Is Atikulated’, AYF Tells Oby by madridsta007(m): 5:37pm On Jan 24, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

One thing I'm yet to understand is whether you don't read the stated submissions or you just want to be defensive.

You made mention of the 3 so-called areas that was doing well from 2005 - 2015. In all three, you goofed big time.

I didn't show you the chart from 2012 maybe that's why you can type lies here even with confidence.

Prices of oil started dwelling from 2013 and at that time the country was already in crisis but because there was still money and leftovers, it was not visible.

As at 2015, the world went into recession, it was a massive hit and many countries was affected likewise, the price of oil dropped drastically and that obviously was our economic reliance.

You made mention of the agricultural sector and outrightly as at 2012 - when President Buhari took over in 2015, there were several difficulties facing the farmers.

* There was serious resistance to loan procurement. It was like finding a needle in an ocean.

* Their farm produce had no market opportunities because the government at that time depended solely on importation.

* There was no release of fertilizers and these things were been imported.

In particular, the importation of rice per annum exceeded $1 billion

See these are not fallacies these are facts, I still have the Nigeria Agriculture Sector Performance report with me for these years I mentioned. Hence, I wondered where you got your frivolous claims from.

The moment oil prices hit the rocks, President Buhari activated the diversification programme. Nothing was working in the agricultural sector until this program came to light. Now there are more access to loan and fertilizers made available and the agenda is still on going to spread across every arm of farming.

You also mentioned good macroeconomic management. Then again, I wondered if you missed those years in your year count.

This is one area that made it obvious you know nothing about what you're typing. What was the unemployment rate within these years? How much was expected as our foreign reserve and how much did President Buhari inherited? What were the serious issues that faced budgeting within those years? In fact we had a messed up budget implementation in 2014. From 2011 to early 2015 most highlighted matters in budget had no implementation. The most visible was that of farmer's allocation. The macroeconomic policies put in place as at that time produced the trouble we are in presently. In 2005 the exchange rate was at N132, in 2014 ending it was about N180 and early 2015 it went to over N200. Can you see the build up to Nigeria's problem?

I would like to see your rebuttal on the aforementioned because the views stated here shows you've lied without remorse.

I will implore you speak from the position of knowledge when next you're replying and obviously the only thing I know about you is absolute lack of knowledge of the Nigerian system.

Defending incompetence must be pretty hard. Again, I do not know how you guys do it.
Everything I wrote in my submissions are factual. I could provide reference for them, if you so wish. [Since you mentioned NOI] please read the introductory chapter in her book, "Fighting corruption is dangerous".

Terrible and muddled up macroeconomic policy will take even the richest country in the world, the United States, into recession. That is the key thing the market and market indicators look at.

Your shifting of goalposts are as obvious as daylight. And embarrassing too. You mentioned "corruption and a drop in oil prices" as the reason why Nigeria went into recession. Unless you live in the moon, Nigeria has been a corrupt nation since before it gained independence from the British. I have produced easily accessible figures to show that, when Buhari took Nigeria into its recession during his first term of 1983 - 1985, oil prices were as high as $80pb. Yet, high inflation rates and ultimately, recession. He is incompetent, something he has hinted before.

Incompetence is a terrible thing. Why you defend it is something no one can really explain.
Re: ‘Return Home, Your Former Boss And Mentor Obasanjo Is Atikulated’, AYF Tells Oby by SEONaijaExpert: 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2019
madridsta007:

Defending incompetence must be pretty hard. Again, I do not know how you guys do it.
Everything I wrote in my submissions are factual. I could provide reference for them, if you so wish. [Since you mentioned NOI] please read the introductory chapter in her book, "Fighting corruption is dangerous".

Terrible and muddled up macroeconomic policy will take even the richest country in the world, the United States, into recession. That is the key thing the market and market indicators look at.

Your shifting of goalposts are as obvious as daylight. And embarrassing too. You mentioned "corruption and a drop in oil prices" as the reason why Nigeria went into recession. Unless you live in the moon, Nigeria has been a corrupt nation since before it gained independence from the British. I have produced easily accessible figures to show that, when Buhari took Nigeria into its recession during his first term of 1983 - 1985, oil prices were as high as $80pb. Yet, high inflation rates and ultimately, recession. He is incompetent, something he has hinted before.

Incompetence is a terrible thing. Why you defend it is something no one can really explain.
I think when reality calls, it's important we drop sentimental reasoning. Everything I've seen has nothing to do with incompetence. Everything, both facts and figures so far seconded that there was a build up to an economic decline and the ends could no longer meet. If not for the fact that Atiku cannot win this election, I would have been expecting to see how he's going to manage the problems his party created. But of course even from the policies he has rolled out so far, nothing gives hope.

Also, I never said corruption started at the time of decline, we've always had corruption issues in Nigeria but obviously it was at another peak since the time of Abacha at that time and even the then Minister of Finance in all her accolades and proven track records could only agree to one thing that's coming to hit Nigeria - recession.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Attributes Violence In Nigeria To People With Resources, Influence / Imo Bye-Election: 100 INEC Staff Abducted, Forced To Thumbprint – REC / NLC To Begin Two-day Nationwide Warning Strike Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.