Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,562 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos (49420 Views)

Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / Photos: Protest Port Harcourt Against Family Late Chief Nnamdi Wokekolo / Man Narrates How Lady Who Humiliated His Dad Years Back Suffered Ill-luck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by misslagos(f): 7:40pm On Jan 24, 2019
These beliefs are real...was in a relationship with an Esan guy for 2yrs and am from Enugu n he was his mama's favorite child(can u imagine)..to cut the story short,the woman was busy doing eye service whenever we visit Benin upanadan..if the son is around she would start being nice but the moment he steps out..fiam!she go change am for me sharply.As a sharp Igbo girl born in Lagos,I give myself brain say this woman no like me at all...wen I finally dumped his ass,the mama was like"I never wanted you to marry an Igbo girl"bla bla bla...my dear always run for your life before its too late..RIP to her cry

2 Likes

Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by ceejay80s(m): 7:45pm On Jan 24, 2019
Tetehjewels:

grin

Why are you running?

Come let me expose your people

I don't have time , I want to go make more money, carry chair Sidon for nairaland dey gossip like woman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by vickydevoka(m): 7:49pm On Jan 24, 2019
Dats de advantage of growing outside ur community. Am married to a banue gal. Who be dat person way fit stop me

1 Like

Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by asanwafo: 7:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
Imo ladies are always desperate to get married even if they are not accepted by the family of the husband to be they will force themselves in and creat disharmony among brothers. Once they succeed the man becomes the wife and they become the man of the house. They will make sure that no member of the husband's family comes close to whatever belong to the man again. That is why most people especially among the igbos are not so comfortable with their sons getting married to Imo ladies. That doesn't mean there is no exception

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by omooba969(m): 7:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
uzobaby:
It's becoming too much of most Anam bra people. ..feeling they are the best one can get in marriage. .even the unmarried ladies will still be ordering their brothers wife. ..you all can't marry only yourselves. If it's not the mother in law, it will be father in law or siblings giving the wife tough time..it's not a good thing..

Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by dangermouse(m): 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2019
post=75075261:

This is BARBARIC.
Let us all say no to HATRED!
This is why we keep talking about the Abolishment of the evil OSU CASTE SYSTEM

For those of us that have forever been wondering, what OSU OUTCAST means, here you have it.....

The Osu caste system, which is prevalent in Anambra, Imo and some areas in Ebonyi states, discriminates against families which in the ancient times were dedicated to the local deities because human sacrifice was required to cleanse the land of abominations. The Osu were mostly slaves and other categories of persons considered as “inferior”, as opposed to those who were “freeborn” or “Nwadiala”. As outcasts, they were discriminated against and not accepted by the mainstream of society.

In spite of efforts by clerics, political leaders and social crusaders to consign this system to the dustbin of history it is still being stubbornly observed in many communities. In 1956, the Eastern Nigerian House of Assembly had passed a law abolishing it, but it was not implemented.

There is no reason for this caste system to remain in these modern times. Slavery was abolished long ago, and no human sacrifice is going on anywhere in Nigeria except as a criminal offence linked to some dark cults. The constitution of Nigeria declares every person free and equal before the law. All Nigerians are constitutionally entitled to fundamental human rights, which include the right to freedom from discrimination and the dignity of the human person.

To end the Osu and similar inhuman caste systems wherever they are being practiced in Nigeria requires a combination of cultural reforms, law enforcement and active sensitisation. Serious legal actions need to be taken against any form of discrimination and dehumanisation.

We call on traditional authorities and churches in Igboland to prevail on every community still practising the Osu caste system to abolish it.

SAY NO TO OSU CASTE SYSTEM and let us all live as brothers and sisters in peace.
#EndOsu
Thank you!

You don't just open your mouth and talk what you dont know or know little about as In this case.
The osus lives among the people and are only discriminated upon when it comes to marriage.
In as much as I don't subscribe to the osu system.it is them the osus who willingly, as in most cases,dedicate and make themselves children to these gods in other to escape one punishment or the other from the society. Osu (begotten by a god or diety) and Ohu (a slsve) are two different things.
Whereby an osu who is a freeborn initially runs to a diety for protection having committed murder or another atrocity makes himself untouchable in the process while an ohu is simply a slave either bought or who enslaved himself to another for protection or financial gains.
Now these gods or deities are so strong and as blood covenant is always involved ,makes it a generational thing that can't be broken,try as they can.
Anybody who marries one authomatically becomes one and the gods and deities whom they have taken as their owner takes their lives whenever they want to do so.
In other words they prosper in all their endeavours but die mysterious and untimely deaths.
Its a situation that is beyond humans be you as mordenised and religious as you can, bebest advised to keep from marrying one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by friendl: 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2019
Nigerians are worst than satans

1 Like

Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:01pm On Jan 24, 2019
Do you know how many years I have lived with my wife who is from Aboh Mbaise in Imo state?
Don't generalise any negative or positive occurrence to any tribe or race.

CastedDude:
A man from Imo state has narrated how his sister died after getting married to a man from Anambra despite being hated so much by the family. It was revealed that all that was done to prevent the couple from getting married, didn't work as they tied the knot few years later after she conceived for him.

The deceased's brother narrated that a week after their wedding, his sister was brought back home after being poisoned. She later died a week after. 

Read the full story below shared by Cynthia Ify on behalf of the deceased's brother. 

Anambra people have this hatred for Imo women. Sometime I read a heartbreaking story concerning a marriage between an Anambra man and Imo girl,marriage only lasted for two months which the ended up throwing her properties out for her because the man’s family never liked the girl.now this.

You can only see peace in a marriage between an IMO state man and Anambra lady not the other way round. Please ladies give me your attention. 

Any relationship that your boyfriend's/fiancé parents doesn't approve of and you've done your best to make them love you yet they refuse.  Sweetheart, please in the name of God Almighty,run for your dear life. Your life is worth more than that.  Take a very good look at these pictures here, that was my sister though she's gone(Dead).

Well, some years back my big sis met this guy and they fell in love,they dated for over 7 solid years,but his parents were against their Union. The mother,father and his elder sister in particular hated her with passion. Despite the fact that she loves, respects and showers them with gifts.

His father's reason (according to his son) was that, he can't marry an Imo lady an educated one at that.  His mother's reason was that she wanted a very light skinned lady for her son. While his sister's reason was that she was too pretty to make a good wife for her brother (stating that pretty ladies cheat)..

We tried all we could to separate them including involving the police, but all to no avail, he vowed that he'd rather die than break up with her and so did my sister.  Meanwhile, while they were still dating, sometimes his parents come to my sister's abode and beat her up warning her to stay away from their son. And she kept it all away from us(Her family).

Along the line she took in and had a son for him. Yet his parents vowed and said over their dead bodies would they ever consent to their union.  Five years later,his family finally came to us pleading and saying that they have agreed that their son should finally tie the nut with my sister. But I refused,likewise my mom and my siblings.

The traditional marriage was held on the 20th Feb 2012 in my hometown.  She followed her in-laws home that same day(As tradition demands). About a week with them in their home in Oba Anambra state,they brought her home very sick.

A week later she passed on in Usman Danfodio Teaching Hospital Sokoto state(UDUTH). After the doctors discovered she had food poisoning which was meant to kill her slowly. She died right in my arms in the hospital,after vomiting so much blood.

About three years later,his parents got him another woman from their home town who unfortunately has now become a torn in their flesh. And also maltreats my little nephew so much that it always makes me cry.  Not only that, She also engages her so called in-laws in physical combat,and recently her father in-law passed on mysteriously.

So my dear,there's more to marriage than just you and your spouse. The both families have to appreciate,love and give their consent otherwise you might not find peace in that home, that's if you don't end up loosing your precious life along the line. Like my sis.

Nobody is worth dying for all in the name of love. Cus the moment you're gone they'll move on with their lives. Be wise my sister.
Now my sister & bestie is gone to return no more all in the name of Love.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/01/how-lady-was-killed-by-poison-after-getting-married-against-family-wish-photos.html
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by Bonab: 8:09pm On Jan 24, 2019
Why do folk generalise everything. What about marriages between people from the same state that ended badly. She was right, until she brought in that Anambra and Imo dichotomy.
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 24, 2019
chuksanambra:

Omambala are the best Igbos. Suck it up.
not if this marriage attitude to non-anambrarians continue

1 Like

Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by Adefemiaderoju1: 8:15pm On Jan 24, 2019
nosiebaba:
Later they will say they want biafra. I guess anambra and enugu people hate ebony I people also. Racism and hatred is still embedded even in the family and community level.. In a family you can see two brothers with extreme hatred for each other. Even if Nigeria is divided into 6 parts hatred will still abound.. We need to change our mindsets
We should be divided first I believe it would be far better than this Nigeria we find ourselves today

1 Like

Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2019
dangermouse:

You don't just open your mouth and talk what you dont know or know little about as In this case.
The osus lives among the people and are only discriminated upon when it comes to marriage.
In as much as I don't subscribe to the osu system.it is them the osus who willingly, as in most cases,dedicate and make themselves children to these gods in other to escape one punishment or the other from the society. Osu (begotten by a god or diety) and Ohu (a slsve) are two different things.
Whereby an osu who is a freeborn initially runs to a diety for protection having committed murder or another atrocity makes himself untouchable in the process while an ohu is simply a slave either bought or who enslaved himself to another for protection or financial gains.
Now these gods or deities are so strong and as blood covenant is always involved ,makes it a generational thing that can't be broken,try as they can.
Anybody who marries one authomatically becomes one and the gods and deities whom they have taken as their owner takes their lives whenever they want to do so.
In other words they prosper in all their endeavours but die mysterious and untimely deaths.
Its a situation that is beyond humans be you as mordenised and religious as you can, bebest advised to keep from marrying one.
true. ..they are always very rich and connected. .I used to think oh u is just difference in dialect
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Igbos are known to demand that their widows drink the water used to wash the corpse of a dead husband and swear they had no hand in his death.

Don't you also know that Igbos are asked to marry the corpses of peopl[/b]e they never traditionally wedded?

Go to Owerri and see how [b]Igbo ladies are cheaper than tissue paper
all in the name of prostitution.

You would do well not to ascribe cross river practices to Akwa ibomites
WOW!!! What about Warri?
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by Sweetcollins: 8:23pm On Jan 24, 2019
AverageAnnie:
So scared right now. ..having similar case,I'm IMO he's Deltan.....

Over beauty dey worry you
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by scholachatcopyw(f): 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2019
nosiebaba:
Later they will say they want biafra. I guess anambra and enugu people hate ebony I people also. Racism and hatred is still embedded even in the family and community level.. In a family you can see two brothers with extreme hatred for each other. Even if Nigeria is divided into 6 parts hatred will still abound.. We need to change our mindsets

How is racism involved in this case?
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by wellmax(m): 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2019
donbenie:
Yes,Mr Impartial Judge..why don't you hear from the second party before passing your guilty verdict..
Food poison does not necessarily mean her food was poisoned nor was it proven she was murdered,but you would jump to swallow the story hook line and sinker since it passes your narrative.. shocked
And by the way you can shove your Christianity..

Read the text I quoted before you spew thrash.
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2019
Angela777:

WOW!!! What about Warri?

What about them?
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by 1kingwriter: 8:32pm On Jan 24, 2019
RIP to the late lady.

But ain't you wrong about Anambra and Imo marriages?
Absolutely!

My Mum is from Owerri, my wife is from Owerri too and no squabbles.
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 24, 2019
Tetehjewels:

What about them?
I mean what about them having weird cultural things as in Owerri or how do they relate to women? Same as in Owerri, the women are worthless to them? I am interested in to know cultural differences and Warri, Ugheli regions, how is there any tribe issues? and discrimination between tribes there or any weird bad relation toward women?

1 Like

Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by alizma: 8:39pm On Jan 24, 2019
the hatred is not for that lady in particular but for Imo women as a whole. there is this believe among many, even among some imolites that Imo women cheats even when they are married.
Anambra men are known for being hard working to the point of not being steady at home in most cases, as a result of this, it is believed among anambra people that a marriage between anambra man and Imo woman will eventually leads to broken home someday. upon this believe, most anambra parents vow to do anything humanly possible not to thrust their sons home unto the care of an Imo woman while they are alive.

1 Like

Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2019
alizma:
the hatred is not for that lady in particular but for Imo women as a whole. there is this believe among many, even among some imolites that Imo women cheats even when they are married.
Anambra men are known for being hard working to the point of not being steady at home in most cases, as a result of this, it is believed among anambra people that a marriage between anambra man and Imo woman will eventually leads to broken home someday. upon this believe, most anambra parents vow to do anything humanly possible not to thrust their sons home unto the care of an Imo woman while they are alive.
It looks like nobody is good for their sons, they better marry between them
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by sunnyde11: 8:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
people are wicked sha.. haba!
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 24, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Nnewi the drug barons zone.

Soo many akwaibomites doing house girl jobs in the "drug baron zones". Mistakenly beat them when they mess up, and they will either kill u with witchcraft or shit inside ur pot of food when u are not around; and feed that to ur child/ren.

If people dey talk about wickedness, People from akwaibom should seriously hide their heads.

1 Like

Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by donbenie(m): 8:59pm On Jan 24, 2019
Tetehjewels:

You refer the practices of cross riverians aka calabar people to us Akwa ibomites.

It shows you know nothing about us.

Speaking in defence of my calabar friends I am proud to say, they are at least not engaged in illicit drug businesses and internet fraud.
Nobody knows you,being inconsequential has its advantages..
When you don't amount to anything,people call you by your brother's name..
Atleast Cross River is known for something,what exactly is Akwa Ibom known for,good or bad?.grin

1 Like

Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by pretty16(f): 9:09pm On Jan 24, 2019
nosiebaba:

You have hit the nail on the head. I wonder why they are talking about biafra, when there's no unity amongst the igbos. If you give them the biafra, they will still fight over it. I am Igbo, I know what I am saying. It's sad but there's No love.

2 Likes

Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by mechanics(m): 9:10pm On Jan 24, 2019
Imo babes are beautiful, they killed her because of jealousy, even the woman they brought for their son is even worse than his late wife, the man made a mistake, he shouldn't have allowed his late wife go with them to his family house knowing fully well they don't like her.
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by jibrilELsudan: 9:17pm On Jan 24, 2019
AM SUSPECTING THIS HUNKLE.

Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by damocool(m): 9:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
CaptainGOOD:
Sad fools are already making it tribal.
This is just individual hatred from a bad family.

Even in yoruba land it exists, where and osun girl usually have hatred for ijebu man.
I always hear other yorubas say bad things about ijebu people.
This is just individual hatred.
This is a post where a Yoruba man is lamenting about his parents being it gainst his marriage
https://www.nairaland.com/3354941/why-yoruba-parents-discriminate-against
It's not about fools making it tribal, I think I can confirm the claim about resentment between imo and anambra as my oga would never say anything good about anambra people. And its all boils down to superiority..
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 9:21pm On Jan 24, 2019
Tetehjewels:
Imagine Anambra hating IMO yet all are Igbo.

Spits!! Igbos and hatred are 5 and 6 even among themselves
OSU people fighting themselves. I wonder how they will achieve biafra when they are this disunited

Igbo amaka
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by mikkyjay(m): 9:22pm On Jan 24, 2019
This is the sort of rubbish that gullible people swallow all the time, some idiots are even making this nonsense a tribal issue,
Pay tell who was there when the so called lady was supposedly poisoned by her inlaws?
I guess now that I'm married to an imo lady I did it out of hate.
Bunch of fools
Re: How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos by sunbilor(m): 9:24pm On Jan 24, 2019
AverageAnnie:
So scared right now. ..having similar case,I'm IMO he's Deltan.....
Abort. It doesn't always end well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? / How Can Someone Cheat On You BUT Still Say They Love You? / The Meaning Of "Next Of Kin"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.