Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:25 AM

Man Insists On N15,000 Alimony As Marriage Crashes - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Insists On N15,000 Alimony As Marriage Crashes (300 Views)

Ex-wife Walks Away With $1bn In Record Divorce Alimony / When A Girl Insists On No Sex Before Marriage / Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Insists On N15,000 Alimony As Marriage Crashes by GistMeMore: 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2019
A middle-aged printer, Mr Folorunsho Oyedele, on Thursday told an Agege Customary Court, Lagos, that he could only afford N15,000 as final alimony.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that alimony is financial support paid by one ex-spouse to the other after a marriage legally ends.

Folorunsho prayed the court to dissolve his six-year-old marriage to Mojisola over alleged threat to his life and lack of love, insisting he would give her only N15,000.

He said that he was no more interested in the marriage which has yet to produce children.

The petitioner, who resides at Agege, also claimed that his wife was fetish.

“Mojisola is diabolical, she always comes home with charms, and my fear is that she may kill me one day if I do not end the marriage,” he submitted.

Folorunsho equally described his wife as arrogant.

“My wife likes hurling insults at me and threatening to deal with me,” he added.

He urged the court to end the marriage, saying he was no longer in love with her.

In her response, Mojisola, a pepper seller who lives at Ojodu Berger, an outskirt of Lagos, denied all the allegations but consented to the dissolution of the marriage.

“I am also fed up with the union,” she told the court.

She appealed to the court to urge the petitioner to settle her financially.

The petitioner promised to give her N15,000, saying he could not afford more than that.

The Court President, Mrs Patricia Adeyanju, urged the estranged couple to maintain peace, and adjourned the case until March 5 for judgment.

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/man-insists-on-n15000-alimony-as-marriage-crashes

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Missyb3

Re: Man Insists On N15,000 Alimony As Marriage Crashes by Mediahelm: 6:59pm On Jan 24, 2019
grin
Re: Man Insists On N15,000 Alimony As Marriage Crashes by CreepyBlackpool: 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2019
Why should he even pay her sef

does she go to work with the man undecided

apart from sex what else was she giving the man while he housed her, fed her, probably clothed her too.
She couldn't even give him a child!angry

in fact she should be the one to pay him!
Re: Man Insists On N15,000 Alimony As Marriage Crashes by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 24, 2019
Lol why would he pay her?
I don't know when males will wise up

(1) (Reply)

This Is 2019 Make Money With Giftnaija Income Program / When You Receive From Opposite Sex. / Davido Reveal Preferred Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.