Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,125 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. (3681 Views)

"Twitter Suspension? I Will Keep That To Myself" - Buhari / Sowore: Falana Tells NBA To Discipline Osinbajo, Other Lawyers In Cabinet / Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by idu1(m): 7:11pm On Jan 25, 2019
Charge and bail lawyers abi?

We don't know them grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 25, 2019
In other countries, u see men stake their lives for what is good for their country
In Nigeria, it's only in social media they have power.

It just started.

Cowards everywhere. If its to body shame women you will see them in action.

And as it is now, it's these women that have taken over the role of bread winner in majority of the homes.

So shameful

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by imam07: 7:27pm On Jan 25, 2019
nymphomaniac:
Upon reading the shocking news that president Muhammadu Buhari has suspended the CJN Walter Samuel nkanu onnoghen on the advice of the NJC, I realized that this administration has no regard for the 3rd arm of government.

It is true that we lawyers have our share to blame by not speaking out early enough when he declared national security to be superior to the rule of law as well having kept quiet during this one-sided and loopsided anti-corruption campaign of this administration, but the impunity of Mr president has reached his peak.

It is clearly stated in the constitution the procedure for the removal of the CJN and failure to abide by due process makes such action a nullity.

I urge all lawyers to speak up against this autocratic order and in succession, do the needful by voting in someone who will uphold the sanctity of the rule of law and due process.

#Nymphomaniac

Cc lalasticlala mynd44
Judiciary is one of our problem in Nigeria. Lawyers are for the rich and not for the masses. We masses we not support you. You will all shout and nothing will happen.
Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by SalamRushdie: 7:29pm On Jan 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

The NJC recommended this move... What other due process do you need

The same due process lawyers like you have used to let currupt people off the hook? Oga go and sleep

Is he guilty or not

NJC? you are too old for such lies abeg ..look at your child looking at you in your living room
Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by Harpyeagle(m): 7:33pm On Jan 25, 2019
My problem is, why are they replacing him with a northerner or Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by Bighead9: 7:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
nymphomaniac:
Upon reading the shocking news that president Muhammadu Buhari has suspended the CJN Walter Samuel nkanu onnoghen on the advice of the NJC, I realized that this administration has no regard for the 3rd arm of government.

It is true that we lawyers have our share to blame by not speaking out early enough when he declared national security to be superior to the rule of law as well having kept quiet during this one-sided and loopsided anti-corruption campaign of this administration, but the impunity of Mr president has reached his peak.

It is clearly stated in the constitution the procedure for the removal of the CJN and failure to abide by due process makes such action a nullity.

I urge all lawyers to speak up against this autocratic order and in succession, do the needful by voting in someone who will uphold the sanctity of the rule of law and due process.

#Nymphomaniac

Cc lalasticlala mynd44

Oga, go and sit down. Ononghen is corrupt and he admitted it with his own hand writing. So you expect the FG to look the other way when the Nation's judiciary is being drawn to the mud by Ononghen?
Where were you when Goodluck Jonathan sacked Salami, the former President of the Court of Appeal. Buhari did the right thing and he deserves an applaud from all Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by rusher14: 7:42pm On Jan 25, 2019
idu1:
Charge and bail lawyers abi?

We don't know them grin

grin

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by rusher14: 7:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
Harpyeagle:
My problem is, why are they replacing him with a northerner or Muslim.

Next in line.
Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by DLondonboiy: 7:45pm On Jan 25, 2019
Pharaoh350s:
Like for ATIKU
Share for BUHARI

Will you stop this nonsense, Are you mad?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by Goke7: 7:58pm On Jan 25, 2019
Fuckuignos:
The Judiciary allowed itself to be strangulated when they became corrupt ,he should have resigned when his yansh was opened,no nation will take us serious when our CJN is being accused of corruption.

God bless you o, the way Nigerians are supporting corruption stinks to the high heavens even when a corrupt person has been highly exposed. We cry foul when it was adeosun, babachir Lawal and they got fired. Now it's the cjn and Nigerians are saying otherwise hiding under the njc that has members appointed and headed by the same cjn.

Nigerians are just hypocrites!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by EponOjuku: 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
They supported a corrupt CJN and those who were crying for Biafra 4 months ago suddenly want to lay down their lives for Nigeria.

Funny clowns. They have sworn for you people that you must support thieves.
Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by themonk(m): 8:50pm On Jan 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

The NJC recommended this move... What other due process do you need

The same due process lawyers like you have used to let currupt people off the hook? Oga go and sleep

Is he guilty or not
Mr media Judge. Have they proven him guilty?
Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by Mujtahida: 8:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
EponOjuku:

Onnogen admitted that he concealed hidden sums which he couldn't account for how he made them.

The noise now is not whether he's innocent or guilty but whether a Chief Justice who is in breach of the law should be in charge of the law.

You see, I don't pity the CJN and the Judiciary. You see the CJN has turned himself into Wike's houseboy and other Judges of lower courts have turned themselves into houseboys to politicians and their respective state Governors.

If you are close to the judiciary, do you know that judges fight themselves to be posted to oil rich states for election petition? Why? Because of bribe.

When they did this same thing to Justice Isa Ayo Salami, Wike was a Minister under Jonathan. Did he utter a single word?

Say what you will, by the time they start investigating the sources of the funds in Onnoghen's account, he'll be fighting to stay out of prison.

Let them go and sort themselves out. When they were collecting dollars, they didn't call us.
So what do you think is the legal effect of his admission? Do you know that section three of the code of conduct bureau and tribunal act provides that once a person ADMITS to a breach or non compliance with the Act a reference to the tribunal SHALL not be necessary? Here's the proviso:Provided that where the person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or non-compliance, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary.

You think he made that admission for nothing?

And furthermore do you know that there's a distinction between false declaration of asset and non-disclosure of assets? Do you know that the Act itself places an obligation on officials of the CCB to examine the assets declaration and ensure that they comply with the Act? Check section 3 of the Act!

Una go just dey yarn without any real knowledge of the issues at stake. Fools who think this is about fighting corruption. I pity you guys. If only you guys know the truth.

In Animal Farm old Benjamin kept on saying Napoleon is always right just as some idiots now say Buhari is fighting corruption. So you think this is about fighting corruption? How incredulous can you guys be? Can't you see this thing for what it is?
Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by ogtavia(m): 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2019
I have been very busy and so unable to follow the CJN's brouhaha, who can kindly give me a highlight of the whole situation
Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by EponOjuku: 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2019
[s]
Mujtahida:

So what do you think is the legal effect of his admission? Do you know that section three of the code of conduct bureau and tribunal act provides that once a person ADMITS to a breach or non compliance with the Act a reference to the tribunal SHALL not be necessary? Here's the proviso:Provided that where the person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or non-compliance, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary.

And furthermore do you know that there's a distinction between false declaration of asset and non-disclosure of assets? Do you know that the Act itself places an obligation on officials of the CCB to examine the assets declaration and ensure that they comply with the Act? Check section 3 of the Act!

Una go just dey yarn without any real knowledge of the issues at stake. Fools who think this is about fighting corruption. I pity you guys. If only you guys know the truth.

In Animal Farm old Benjamin kept on saying Napoleon is always right just as some idiots now say Buhari is fighting corruption. So you think this is about fighting corruption? How incredulous can you guys be? Can't you see this thing for what it is?
[/s]

When PDP did same to Justice Isa Ayo Salami, were you in coma then?

You fools can go cry yourselves to death. Look at Paul Usoro the NBA President, that one too is facing trial for money laundering.

See, Wike's secret with the Supreme Court has leaked. They should go and check Mary Odili'd temperature before hypertension kills her.

By next week, they would start investigating the sourced of funds in the accounts Onnoghen refused to declare. That's when you dumb supporters of thieves would cover your faces in shame.
Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by Corrinthians(m): 9:45pm On Jan 25, 2019
nymphomaniac:
nobody said he should not be removed if found guilty. Due process wasn't followed is all we are screaming about!!!!!!!!
What due process did he follow in stealing? You may as well resign in protest and join the crook in sitting at home.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by nymphomaniac(m): 10:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
Mujtahida:

how chilled do you like your beer sir and what brand?
Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by bskyb(m): 11:12pm On Jan 25, 2019
mokset123:

Young man be smart, buratai was accused of having properties in Dubai, how does an army officer acquire such wealth? he was exonerated and every thing swept under the carpet, babachir lawal is still walking a free man today after the over 200m grass cutting scandal. Look at the timing of the tradermoni and we are talking of vote buying. Look at the likes of tinubu, amechi, oshimole, where did they get their wealth from? Look at the lekki gate scandal we still don't know the truth about it? A president that brings in retired persons in the case of customs, Dss to head them, a government that has not reshuffled its cabinet, what have the likes of ogbonnaya onu, adamu adamu, Solomon dalung contributed.

Please lets tell ourselves the truth

This government is being very selective and is not transparent. If he wants to suspend the CJN let him follow due process. We have to wake up as a nation

When you start addressing someone you have never met as "young man", it says a lot about you.
In any case, you have not said that the CJN is not corrupt, all you have tried to argue is that they should leave him alone and go after other theives. it's the same song that has been sang over and over.
Next time you catch a theif in your house, tell him to go away and enjoy his loot while you try to catch the one the came the previous year
Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by bskyb(m): 11:20pm On Jan 25, 2019
nymphomaniac:
nobody said he should not be removed if found guilty. Due process wasn't followed is all we are screaming about!!!!!!!!

People can be removed based on compelling evidence. The CJN never said the account wasn't his, he simply said he forgot to declare it (we all know better) . That is quite compelling.
Secondly, the question should be, can the CCT's recommendation be considered acceptable. Note that the president acted on CCTs recommendation. Now, that's the key question. And it appears they have the powers to do so
Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by nymphomaniac(m): 12:37am On Jan 26, 2019
bskyb:

People can be removed based on compelling evidence. The CJN never said the account wasn't his, he simply said he forgot to declare it (we all know better) . That is quite compelling.
Secondly, the question should be, can the CCT's recommendation be considered acceptable. Note that the president acted on CCTs recommendation. Now, that's the key question. And it appears they have the powers to do so
bros they acted ultra vires.
Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by deomelo: 12:44am On Jan 26, 2019
nymphomaniac:

#Nymphomaniac

Cc lalasticlala mynd44

When was the last time you spoke up against the crooked and corrupt judiciary?

Apart from this crooked and corrupt CJ, the head of your professional body, the NBA is currently on trial for corruption so face your own rotten profession first. Shouldn't you even be asking this corrupt and self-confessed CJ to resign and quit dirtying your profession instead of grandstanding on the internet?
Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by mokset123: 6:43am On Jan 26, 2019
bskyb:

When you start addressing someone you have never met as "young man", it says a lot about you.
In any case, you have not said that the CJN is not corrupt, all you have tried to argue is that they should leave him alone and go after other theives. it's the same song that has been sang over and over.
Next time you catch a theif in your house, tell him to go away and enjoy his loot while you try to catch the one the came the previous year

Never be in a haste to comment read my last paragraph. Laws were created for a reason. A government that came in on the premise of change mantra should lead by example.
Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by bayelsaowei(m): 7:11am On Jan 26, 2019
Parada:
Buhari must annihilate one side of Nigeria corruption. When PDP gains power maybe in 3020 they will annihilatw the other half.
very stupid statement ... you are as dull as Buhari..
Re: Onnoghen Suspension: I And Other Lawyers Have Lost Faith In Buhari. by Mujtahida: 8:06am On Jan 26, 2019
EponOjuku:
[s][/s]

When PDP did same to Justice Isa Ayo Salami, were you in coma then?

You fools can go cry yourselves to death. Look at Paul Usoro the NBA President, that one too is facing trial for money laundering.

See, Wike's secret with the Supreme Court has leaked. They should go and check Mary Odili'd temperature before hypertension kills her.

By next week, they would start investigating the sourced of funds in the accounts Onnoghen refused to declare. That's when you dumb supporters of thieves would cover your faces in shame.
Answer to what the proviso to section three of the CCB & T Act says before yapping like a rabid dog spewing irrelevancies all over the place.
Monorail brain always seeing corruption in others but not in your self. Stand before the tribunal of your own soul and judge yourself whether you are clean.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News The Chief Fire Officer For Anambra, Engr Agbili Has Been Sacked / Bright Chiemezie Clarifies His Appearance At The APC Ebonyi State Rally / Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.