Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday (3662 Views)

Secondary School Students Arrested For Cultism Pictured With Gov Okorocha / GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV / GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by musbaunow(m): 2:02pm On Jan 17, 2009
Chat Live with His Excellency Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State
eNowNow is proud to announce that it will be taking part in His Excellency Governor Fashola's 600 days in office celebratory press event.

As well as answering questions from the press and invited guests, this televised event will also see the governor engaging directly with visitors to our chat room. The entire event will also be "textcast" into our chat room so that visitors from anywhere in the world can take part.

The chat room will open for this event at 12 noon on Sunday the 18th of January 2009, if you'd like to take part in this monumentous occaison then please register at www.enownow.com/community/fashola/ . Then on Sunday simply visit www.enownow.com and click chatnow.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 2:51pm On Jan 17, 2009
I've registered in order to be able to voice my opinion so people'll not refer to me just as an armchair analyst, we'll see how this PR works out to be.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2009
uumm, how do you know it is even real? For all we know, this could just be a ploy to get more people registered on the site
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 2:55pm On Jan 17, 2009
Kobojunkie:

uumm, how do you know it is even real? For all we know, this could just be a ploy to get more people registered on the site

That's very very true you know, lol, probably someone involved in an affiliate marketing and using us to get some cheap traffic, nice one.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by nduaj(m): 3:00pm On Jan 17, 2009
you can never be sure till you try!
I heard it will be live on LTV and other local TV stations as well soooo that way we can kno if na real or fake, anyway, am goin to register incase na thru. LETS GO THERE!!!
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2009
1) How long will the chat session last?

2) What exactly is the reason for his wanting to Chat with folks?

3) What part is the media expected to play in this?
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by musbaunow(m): 3:30pm On Jan 17, 2009
The chat start @1;30pm till 3pm.

Its for the Executive governor to give is stewardship account in the last 600 days in office.

The governor want to connect to every one and get direct feedback from the real people, its also a unique medium of connecting with the governed.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by ilaugh1: 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2009
If they say it is happening in America, these same imbeciles will never doubt it, but because it is Nigeria, they claim it is otherwise. A country that you wish so bacd for, can only return one thing back to you, the same bad wishes. plain and simple.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Jan 17, 2009
musbaunow:

The chat start @1;30pm till 3pm.

Its for the Executive governor to give is stewardship account in the last 600 days in office.

The governor want to connect to every one and get direct feedback from the real people, its also a unique medium of connecting with the governed.

No Seriously, when does it start and when does it end? You have it listed as 12pm above. Stewardship account? How many minutes dedicated to getting feedback from the public? I would not want to log on only to have rhetoric and kissing up done for 2 and half hours and then only 1 second left to express my concerns.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2009
i_laugh:

If they say it is happening in America, these same imbeciles will never doubt it, but because it is Nigeria, they claim it is otherwise. A country that you wish so bacd for, can only return one thing back to you, the same bad wishes. plain and simple.

Yes, the so called "imbeciles" would never doubt it if was in america because in most case there its so true while in naija; every single person lies like no tomorrow.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by hajifaty: 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2009
I have registered. Lets see the outcome
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by homosapien(m): 6:40pm On Jan 17, 2009
if this is actually real i would love to really participate in the forum.but the question is how many question can he answer in a seconds blocs i already have prepare mine so is other people
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by nduaj(m): 7:45pm On Jan 17, 2009
homosapien:

if this is actually real i would love to really participate in the forum.but the question is how many question can he answer in a seconds blocs i already have prepare mine so is other people

it is better to try and fail than fail to try, just try
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by nduaj(m): 8:06pm On Jan 17, 2009
homosapien:

it is better to try and fail than fail to try, just try
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2009
Guys, kindly register on this website. It seems the governor is going to be answering our questions but now they've said it's gonna be 3pm (Nigerian time).
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 1:23pm On Jan 18, 2009
Oh Please Stop @B.O.S.S.

now na 3pm dem dey talk ! Which one>>
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 1:28pm On Jan 18, 2009
I'm only hoping and thinking the whole thing would not just tun to a big waste of my precious time. I'm just hoping it's a mere demonstration of Nigeria's indiscipline when it comes to keeping time.

I hate the fact that we cannot send comments to the field directly though. It's always going to the moderators and people don't even get to see it. It's ridiculous. They're trying to cherry-pick our questions for the governor and it'll probably turn out the one he sees are those of people reighning heaps of praises on him because our questions would be filtered and not make it to the gov.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2009
That's the first thing I noticed. I just sent questions now, hoping that be stopped but I guess HIS EXCELLENCY needs to be spared INAPPROPRIATE messages and content. lol
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by SkyBlue1: 1:57pm On Jan 18, 2009
So the online event is meant to coincide or run after or parallel to the televised press event too? That's a bit silly, i mean how much time can be dedicated to the online chat session? Better to have one event with good quaetions that warrant a comprehensive and deep response that touches on a lot of areas than bite sized one liner response warranting questions. Should have perhaps made them two seperate events. Anyway, guys who are going for it, have fun and let me know how it goes smiley.
@Kobo exactly how inapropriate was too inappropriate with regards to your message? LOL
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2009
Apparently, everything is INAPPROPRIATE. No one's comments is posted on the screen. Only the Admin gets to post comments. He just announced that the governor will be online in less than an hour.

admin: WE ARE AWARE THAT PEOPLE MAY ATTEMPT TO POST INAPPROPIRATE MESSAGES OR CONTENT TO HIS EXCELLENCY
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by lucabrasi(m): 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2009
@post
its not by force to post comments or questions to the lagos state governor and no one is forcing any individual to comment as lagosians in lagos state NIGERIA are more than grateful and enough to contribute and ask the governor objective questions devoid of pre-judgement,its an initiative he selflessly decided to support by giving his time and shouldnt be rewarded by naysayers who have no mission but to embarass his person
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 2:56pm On Jan 18, 2009
admin: we are awaiting the arrival of His Excellency

5 minutes to 3pm
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2009
TextCast: the governor is greeting dignatories present and taking his seat

Peeps, it's still not late to join in,
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Jan 18, 2009
lol @B.O.S.S Kiss ass session begins. . . Lets wait to see if our questions get posted . lol
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 3:04pm On Jan 18, 2009
Trust me, so much ceremony all in the name of the public servant trying to show off what he's done,
wink
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 3:08pm On Jan 18, 2009
My first comment since the arrival of the gov: Thanks for showing up early.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On Jan 18, 2009
You mean I waited 4 hours for this? Lol
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 3:09pm On Jan 18, 2009
Lol, well, I only waited 2hrs 30mins, we'll see. I'm not predicting doom though.

I'm raising my hopes.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 3:11pm On Jan 18, 2009
TextCast: hounourable memebrs of the Lagos State House of Assembly, my able colleagues members of the lagos state executive council. members of the permanent secretaries, cahiirmans of local governments who are here present, our royal fathers, present here in large numbers, the Oba of Lagos, his royal majesty, our party leaders, also here in their large numbers, and of course leaders of the party
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by SkyBlue1: 3:11pm On Jan 18, 2009
If you don't want to post questions don't post questions and if you want to then do so and see if it gets answered. If it doesn't then you can complain. @B.O.S.S. and Kobo, the irony is that you guys are actually the people that seem to be making the biggest deal out of this "event". Must be fascinated with the guy. LOL.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 3:14pm On Jan 18, 2009
TextCast: THE CHAT IS MODERATED SO YOUR COMMENTS WON'T IMMEIDEIATELY BE SEEN, AS TEH GOVERNOR  HAS A COMPUTER IN FRONT OF HIM TO SHOW YOUR QUESTIONS
@ SkyBlue, I'm quite fascinated o. Else they'll say I'm not doing my utmost for Nigeria.

You know, ti aa ba nowo, aa nora (If we cannot spend money, we'll spend ourselves).
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Jan 18, 2009
Sky Blue:

If you don't want to post questions don't post questions and if you want to then do so and see if it gets answered. If it doesn't then you can complain. @B.O.S.S. and Kobo, the irony is that you guys are actually the people that seem to be making the biggest deal out of this "event". Must be fascinated with the guy. LOL.

You need to be in here to know what we mean. I have been posting questions all morning and still nothing. You can not even see your own posts come up on the screen. It is tightly moderated and there is no way of verifying if this is real. It is not a matter of wanting to post questions or not. Fact is, this seems to be highly moderated and so your posts are likely not to show up if you ask questions that are too much for him or something.

Oh my gosh!! Nigeria1 is in here. Asking for the governor's phone number . lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? / Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma / Bloodshed Will Occur In Nigeria On January 25--prophet Okafor Predicts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.