Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,749 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:05 AM

Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down (9287 Views)

Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos / I Have Wike’s Records: Amaechi Dares Rivers Governor-elect On Probe / Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by jason123: 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2010
abadaba:

Monkey, am from Rivers state as well. Does it mean because am from Rivers state am not Igbo. You mean the Igbo are found only in the South east. Iidiot, do you not think that those who identify as Igbo in Rivers state feel insulted by your moronic post?. Go and lick your mothers's shitt if you are worried about the Igbo in Rivers state. Brain-dead pig.

SHUT YOUR LYING A55 MOUTH!!! ANDRE UCHE, YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED!!! just to make sure they call themselves igbo, you have to use a abadaba (MULTIPLE USERNAME). SHAME!!!
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by udezue(m): 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2010
Afrodiva, I asked you a question and u answered me with a question? Are u that moronic? Biko answer me. I am not going to answer yours until u answer mine coz I posed the question 1st but u are avoiding it bcoz u fear it will contradict all the moronic lies u have been telling.
AGAIN
How many alphabets are in Ekpeye language?
What is "come" in Ekpeye?
How many Market days do u have in Ekpeye?

As for ur Ojukwu not invited every village chief in Ekpeye LOLOLOLOL I don't even know whether he invited Aro king or Igwe of Awka. He didn't have to silly.

Aro and Abiriba have significant influence from efik-Ibibio but guess what no Aro or Abiriba man will deny being Igbo just because his name is Archibong, Mang, Ofong, Obasi, Eni, etc. Maybe its due to our level of education and also contacts with many people so we tend to not be as ignorant and uneducated as our mba mmiri neighbors.

In many Igboid communities the greeting vary, we have several like,

Ndewo (central Igbo), Njokwa (Abakiliki, Afikpo) , Ajeh (Ukwuani, Anioma), etc.

Kedu (central) , Olia (ngwa) , Nda (ikwerre, aro), etc.

Nne Yoruba language have dialects just like the Igbo and Ijo.

The last time they wanted to install EzeNdiIgbo in Rivers state it leader of Ikwerre Liberation Movement who came out opposition to it and his reason was that majority of River state ppl and their culture is Igbo hence there is no need having an Eze Igbo in Rivers since it contradicts the belief that his Ikwerre ppl and other subgroups are Igbo. U don't have Eze Igbo Delta state. Do you?

As for Ekpeye having their own group and Ikwerre having their Ogbako Ikwerre, AFRODIVA!!!! Arochukwu also has NZUKO ARO, and other Igbo groups have their own respective groups coz just as much as we recognize our common Igbo heritage we also recognize our distinct local identities.

What Igbo group influenced Ekpeye, made the change their names, their language, their attire coz the last time I checked Igbo subgroups were very independent of eachother unlike Yoruba, Fulani who moved most of the time as one entity.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by afrodiva: 2:19am On Dec 25, 2010
at udezue alias "one great igbo nation "
you make me chuckle.i have told you i am ekpeye so i have nothing to prove. you on the other hand insist i must call myself igbo, like I've said severally and at the risk of sounding like a broken typewriter. If abiriba ,ukwani, aro, even if Scottish people decide to call themselves igbo that is not my cup of tea . what other tribes/ethnicity's choose to call themselves is up to them, my duty as a well educated citizen ,with political savvy is to respect their wishes not go to war with them over their ethnicity ,so quit giving me your expired and worn out aro ,ajali,abiriba or whatever you call them examples. i am ekpeye period .
secondly i am not avoiding your question .rather i am trying to educate you.
To your questions
1.i am not sure of the exact number of alphabets ekpeye has i can research that (most african alphabets are taken from english language anyway).
2.we have a dual market day/calender system .we have the one in four where "eke" is the main market day like some igbo, the other days are called Ehwo, Udhie and izu and then we also have an eight day system
3.come in ekpeye is Jaa (pronounced like the english word jar ,with the R been silent). you can go to the ekpeye site on facebook to confirm .
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by afrodiva: 2:48am On Dec 25, 2010
more on dialects
fistly the word dialect probably does not exist in my ekpeye or your igbo language (please educate me if it does) so we can safely assume that we learnt it from the british . if we agree on this then lets take some european languages as an example
e.g the name peter
peter : english
pierre : french
pedro : spanish
pietro : italian
peter  : german
even with the obvious similarities each of them is classified as a different  language , different nations   not "englishoid"  pray tell why should my ekpeye with much more variation than this languages be called igbo?
if some of the groups you say are "igbo" had populations in the millions e.g if ikwerre had twenty million people and spoke the same language as they currently do would you still insist on  them  been igbo? (just asking ).
besides political reasons and maybe economics is there really any other reason e.g love for your brethren that makes you want to claim these groups ? because if it was really love then you would not get so aggressive, and abusive , quick to label them silly ,moronic,foolish ,idiotic , backward . love the  bible says is patient ,kind,caring ,not envious, longsuffering. it is not domineering, controlling and brash, cursing people out just because they say they are not igbo.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by afrodiva: 3:20am On Dec 25, 2010
The classification of Ikwerre as an Igbo dialect remains a subject of controversy among a minority in the Ikwerre community, although most publications classify it as an Igboid language.

Based on lexicostatistical analysis, Kay Williamson originally asserted that the Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ogba, Etche and Igbo languages belonged to the same language cluster or related languages, but maintained that they are not dialects of each other.[4] Subsequent studies by both Williamson and Roger Blench concluded that the Igbo, Ikwerre, Ogba and other sister languages, except Ekpeye, form a "language cluster" and that they are somewhat intelligible among them.[5] If there was an original Ikwerre language separate from Igbo, then that language has been lost and replaced by a language that is sister to Igbo with no evidence of it ever existing. Taking the dominance of the Igbo language into consideration, the linguistic affinity between the two languages and the high frequency of bilingualism among the Ikwerre community, researcher Kelechukwu Ihemere supports the classification of Ikwerre as an Igboid language, and that there are indications that the Ikwerre society was bilingual even in the pre-colonial Nigeria, with people speaking other Igbo dialects and Ikwerre.[6] He carefully adds, however, that if the relationship between Ikwerre and Igbo is solely due to contact, further studies into a proto-Ikwerre language would be necessary.[6] No such language has been proven to exist.

Phonology
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by MrChyz: 3:28am On Dec 25, 2010
afrodiva:

The classification of Ikwerre as an Igbo dialect remains a subject of controversy among a minority in the Ikwerre community, although most publications classify it as an Igboid language.

Based on lexicostatistical analysis, Kay Williamson originally asserted that the Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ogba, Etche and Igbo languages belonged to the same language cluster or related languages, but maintained that they are not dialects of each other.[4] Subsequent studies by both Williamson and Roger Blench concluded that the Igbo, Ikwerre, Ogba and other sister languages, except Ekpeye, form a "language cluster" and that they are somewhat intelligible among them.[5] If there was an original Ikwerre language separate from Igbo, then that language has been lost and replaced by a language that is sister to Igbo with no evidence of it ever existing. Taking the dominance of the Igbo language into consideration, the linguistic affinity between the two languages and the high frequency of bilingualism among the Ikwerre community, researcher Kelechukwu Ihemere supports the classification of Ikwerre as an Igboid language, and that there are indications that the Ikwerre society was bilingual even in the pre-colonial Nigeria, with people speaking other Igbo dialects and Ikwerre.[6] He carefully adds, however, that if the relationship between Ikwerre and Igbo is solely due to contact, further studies into a proto-Ikwerre language would be necessary.[6] No such language has been proven to exist

Phonology

You're totally off mark."Igbo" language and "Ikwere" language? What exactly is "Igbo" language.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Obiagu1(m): 3:33am On Dec 25, 2010
@ afrodiva,

Going by your argument, I am not Igbo as well. I have my own clan.

So who is Igbo? Where do Igbos live?
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by afrodiva: 3:45am On Dec 25, 2010
at chyz
thats an article from a journal that i quoted ,pls read properly.
secondly try to check up the meaning of the words language and dialect and this should help clear some of your confusion .  a dialect is also a language by itself .
in the study that late proffesor kay williamson and roger blend did, the central form of igbo was referenced as the standard igbo language .
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by MrChyz: 3:53am On Dec 25, 2010
afrodiva:

at chyz
thats an article from a journal that i quoted ,pls read properly.
secondly try to check up the meaning of the words language and dialect and this should help clear some of your confusion .  a dialect is also a language by itself .
in the study that late proffesor kay williamson and roger blend did, the central form of igbo was referenced as the standard igbo language .

Can you post the link.And what exactly is the non-standard "Igbo"?
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Onlytruth(m): 5:40am On Dec 25, 2010
The funny thing is that Igbo question is not even left to Igbos to decide who is Igbo or not. Other Nigerians do that job very well.

When Peter Odili wanted to run for presidency of Nigeria as a "Rivers man" Edwin Clarke quickly reminded him that he is Igbo.

The same thing happens when Yorubas and Hausas deal with Easterners. They simply look at us, watch how we speak and act, and our general cultural practices and simply group us together whether we like it or not.
So, in effect it is less stressful to not split hairs 'cos other Nigerians ain't buying it, especially when they start scheming us out or planning our marginalization in Nigeria.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't want to be some tiny minority in a jungle like Nigeria. You'd be eaten up without anyone batting an eye.

We are even having this conversation because there are also folks from these areas who boldly identify as Igbo.
Igbo are an emotional group and would not want to toss out the baby with the bathwater.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by excanny: 6:03am On Dec 25, 2010
Please let's just knock this argument off, and never discuss it again. Ekpeye is not Igbo(id), Ikwerre is not Igbo(id).

Can people go to sleep now?
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by sotiteli: 4:56am On Jun 10, 2011
@  Rhino.5dm

Just quoting you:

1. "The okrika people are sub-humans  ("untermenschen"wink and need to be treated as one."

It's the sort of statement that Hitler made to his countrymen to justify the massacre of 6 million Jews. That shows your level of intelligence. Where is he today? Be very, very careful!

2. "The clash between you and that winch called patience Jonathan still remains fresh in my heart, when the half-baked, eveninig (evening) class hawker with a certificate of mis-education is insisting that you mustn't use the word  must"

I'm very sure you meant 'witch' not 'winch' and you call her 'half-baked'? Would you be describing yourself then?

3. "What do you expect when her husband is a mooron."

You spelt the word in bold above wrongly. Would that make you a 'slowpoke' too?

4.  "that notorious savage's name should ring a bell. Sagoma goerge"

Do you mean 'Soboma George'? Also notice how 'George' is spelt?

There are more, but I'll stop there; I'm sure you get the point. Go and get a proper education or at least try and behave like a civilized Ikwerre man; you're not doing your people any favours here by behaving like a slowpoke. This is the 21st century and you should rise above tribal sentiments. It's unfathomable that people of your ilk still exist in the 21st century! Travel the world and interact with forward-thinking people, or at least open up your mind; read good books, watch good movies, documentaries etc and widen your horizons.

I expect some backlash which you can be sure, I will not respond to. I hope that in your quiet moment(s) - if you have one - you will consider what I've written down here and take steps towards being a more productive citizen of our great country. You are much better than all of this.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by emekagh(m): 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Pygru: 9:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Abagworo(m): 1:49am On May 26, 2015
From the archives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Budget Padding: Saraki Inaugurates Technical Committee / Hundreds Of Igbos Training How To Shoot Gun PICS VIDEO / Monguno: Zulum Shares ₦275 Million, Food, Clothes To 90,000 Displaced Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.