Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,585 members, 7,955,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:14 PM

Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down (9291 Views)

Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos / I Have Wike’s Records: Amaechi Dares Rivers Governor-elect On Probe / Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by chyz(m): 9:33pm On Aug 18, 2010
ugoani:

I don't understand this mix-up, are you saying that ikwerres are igbos? Pls can any ikwerre extract clear us on this claim

Why not clear it yourself if you have without a doubt that people from ikwerre are not igbo.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by AndreUweh(m): 9:50pm On Aug 18, 2010
ugoani:

I don't understand this mix-up, are you saying that ikwerres are igbos? Pls can any ikwerre extract clear us on this claim
What do you not understand or are you pretending. Should I write that in Igbo language for you to understand?. Once again, Ikwerre people are Igbo people. Any one who thinks otherwise should go and hang.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Abagworo(m): 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2010
Andre Uweh:

What do you not understand or are you pretending. Should I write that in Igbo language for you to understand?. Once again, Ikwerre people are Igbo people. Any one who thinks otherwise should go and hang.

this ikwerre-igbo issue is supposed to have died long ago.it is wiser to say that ikwerre language is igbo language and not that ikwerre is igbo.it is left for ikwerres to determine who they are.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Afam4eva(m): 11:38pm On Aug 18, 2010
Abagworo:

this ikwerre-igbo issue is supposed to have died long ago.it is wiser to say that ikwerre language is igbo language and not that ikwerre is igbo.it is left for ikwerres to determine who they are.

And who are the ikwerre people? The ones that are divided about the issue?
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by ChinenyeN(m): 12:55am On Aug 19, 2010
Some of you apparently do not understand how annoying you sound, constantly shouting "Simply Igbo. Period!" Just leave the Ikwere alone, and stop forcing this identity issue. It is not a must for them to identify like others have. Goodness. Abi di rest of Igbo go dai off without Ikwere? A begi. Focus on more pressing matters.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by chyz(m): 1:04am On Aug 19, 2010
Anywayz back to the topic.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by EzeUche22(m): 1:17am On Aug 19, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Some of you apparently do not understand how annoying you sound, constantly shouting "Simply Igbo. Period!" Just leave the Ikwere alone, and stop forcing this identity issue. It is not a must for them to identify like others have. Goodness. Abi di rest of Igbo go dai off without Ikwere? A begi. Focus on more pressing matters.

Sharrap Ngwa small boy! We already know where your clannish sef belongs.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by ChinenyeN(m): 1:53am On Aug 19, 2010
I'm siding with you and others on this Ikwere issue, and you tell me to shut up? What exactly is wrong with your head, nwa Aro? You know what? I'm not even sure I really want to know. Just use your sense next time and read my post carefully, before replying me.

Chyz, over to you. Take us back to the topic so that we can avoid wasting time on a long dead and buried issue.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by chyz(m): 1:59am On Aug 19, 2010
So how do you think this whole Okrika thing can work out for the best and after the water front is brought down,where will those people go?
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by ChinenyeN(m): 2:07am On Aug 19, 2010
First, I want to say that I agree with the view that 9jaganja put forth. BUT, if they insist on going forth with this, then I hope they understand that they simply can't just relocate a people like that. They must also properly accommodate and provide them reparations. Do they have the budget for that? Do they monetarily have what it takes to properly execute this project? They have to keep in mind that this is a people's land they are just ransacking like this. It will raise deep sentiment, and more especially, it'll intensify this Igbo-Ijaw situation.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by ChinenyeN(m): 2:09am On Aug 19, 2010
Are they prepared for future complications?
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by ow11(m): 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2010
As usual, the main issue has been clouded by tribal sentiments. Why would a democratic governor go to a town hall meeting to bully and intimidate his people?

A man who knows why and how the terrorism rife in the waterfronts began should know better than to make flimsy excuses behind the idea to demolish people's houses. Would he offer compensation? Would he not sell the land to a big business man like what his mentor Odili did to Rainbow town?

I do not see this as an affront on Okrika people because many tribes live there. I just see it as a desperate move and his lack of tact in making his point known leaves a lot to be desired.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by asha80(m): 10:56pm On Aug 19, 2010
ChinenyeN:

First, I want to say that I agree with the view that 9jaganja put forth. BUT, if they insist on going forth with this, then I hope they understand that they simply can't just relocate a people like that. They must also properly accommodate and provide them reparations. Do they have the budget for that? Do they monetarily have what it takes to properly execute this project? They have to keep in mind that this is a people's land they are just ransacking like this. It will raise deep sentiment, and more especially, it'll intensify this Igbo-Ijaw situation.

How will it intensify igbo-ijaw situation if 'igbos' are not involved?
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by ChinenyeN(m): 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2010
asha 80: How will it intensify igbo-ijaw situation if 'igbos' are not involved?
grin Well, that's often how these things get translated.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by afrodiva: 7:53am On Dec 22, 2010
Andre Uweh:

I do understand the cultural/blood admixture of Ndigbo and Okrika people. Yet Okrika people are not Igbo. Their ethnic group is Kalabari. The Igbo groups in Rivers state are the Ikwerres, Ekpeyes, Ogbas, Egbemas, Ndonis, Ndokis, Asas, Omumas and Etches.
ekpeye people are not igbo what admixture do yu exactly understand? .ekpeyes have no ancestral links to igbo and ekpeye language is significantlly different from igbo . some okrika  villages  speak  a lect of igbo as first  language and bear igbo names,if you don't consider them igbo then why ekpeye . the problem in naija is  bigger groups wants to assimilate a  smaller group. this was also part of the problem with your biafran war .the old cunning leopard hasn't changed its spots.  stop your igbo expansionist agenda .we can coperate with you without being labelled igbo.and pls dont give me that crap about how the rest of naija sees us or people bearing igbo names you cant determine my ethnicity and political affiliations for me .prior to the civil war a lot of okrika and kalabari would kill you if you called them ijaw ,then original ijaws did not push the issue .they welcomed those who wanted to associate with them . it was not by force, but for yu igbo na by force .leave us alone even before the war we wanted to be part of the cor (cross rivers ogoja and rivers state so stop using the war as an excuse ). it is now politically convenient for my okrika /kalabari peeps to claim ijaw, some however  till date say they are not ijaw. bottom line there a lots of minorities  who are admixtures and have varying cultural influences don't force igbo ethnicity on them.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by AndreUweh(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2010
afrodiva:

ekpeye people are not igbo what admixture do yu exactly understand? .ekpeyes have no ancestral links to igbo and ekpeye language is significantlly different from igbo . some okrika villages speak a lect of igbo as first language and bear igbo names,if you don't consider them igbo then why ekpeye . the problem in naija is bigger groups wants to assimilate a smaller group. this was also part of the problem with your biafran war .the old cunning leopard hasn't changed its spots. stop your igbo expansionist agenda .we can coperate with you without being labelled igbo.and pls dont give me that crap about how the rest of naija sees us or people bearing igbo names you cant determine my ethnicity and political affiliations for me .prior to the civil war a lot of okrika and kalabari would kill you if you called them ijaw ,then original ijaws did not push the issue .they welcomed those who wanted to associate with them . it was not by force, but for yu igbo na by force .leave us alone even before the war we wanted to be part of the cor (cross rivers ogoja and rivers state so stop using the war as an excuse ). it is now politically convenient for my okrika /kalabari peeps to claim ijaw, some however till date say they are not ijaw. bottom line there a lots of minorities who are admixtures and have varying cultural influences don't force igbo ethnicity on them.
Stop chatting crap here, your post clearly displays outright stupidity that has been discussed here for ages. To start with, does it mean you know better than Rivers state govt officials whom in their website described Ekpeye people as Igbo. Probably, you are not Igbo, but a lot of Ekpeyes see themselves as Igbo including the Nwuche's. The problem with non brainers is that they do not know the difference between a language and a dialect. Nonsense.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by afrodiva: 1:25pm On Dec 23, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Stop chatting crap here, your post clearly displays outright stupidity that has been discussed here for ages. To start with, does it mean you know better than Rivers state govt officials whom in their website described Ekpeye people as Igbo. Probably, you are not Igbo, but a lot of Ekpeyes see themselves as Igbo including the Nwuche's. The problem with non brainers is that they do not know the difference between a language and a dialect. Nonsense.

I have read a lot of the crap and lies that you you tell on this forum .Hiding behind a computer and typing crap seems to be your stock in trade , but sorry to burst your virtual bubble. firstly have you been to any ekpeye town or village ? how many ekpeye people do you even know ? iam yet to see one ,just one  genuine ekpeye person come on this forum and agree with you . so where are the "lots of  ekpeyes''  you described above hiding .The rivers state Govt website that you all happily quote describes the language as lower Niger  or igboid .  in my  dictionary the  suffix oid means  "sharing some properties of"  not sameness , But since you went to a school in your war (biafra )stricken village i don't expect you to know the difference . The ogba people you so gleefully claim  have a standing rule not to sell land to an igbo person since the biafra war .Going by your assertions that means that they do not sell land to themselves  how ironic . It is  quite pathetic that you  spend time arguing with other  people about their ethnicity it really is pathetic Mr Andrew uweh .This people you constantly claim are obviously not clamouring to be recognised as igbo why is that?  most of them   do not play active roles in your ohaneze and they are not even clamouring to be included in any south East state . An individual or family may have strong ties with the igbo and therefore  identify  with igbo but that does not speak for the entire ethnic group . so stop mentioning one person or family rather you should  show me  political associations and organisations of the ekpeye clamouring recognition as igbo .lastly lets not even go into the dialect vs language issue because your entire argument is defeated  if you choose  to go that route .i know my history and my roots and my identity .   your pathetic assertions do not change anything .if there even be some  remote confusion about my identity let that be my worry  not yours.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by udezue(m): 2:14pm On Dec 23, 2010
Afro,
Like Andre said stop chatting crap. The Ekpeye fought in Biafra and faced a lot repression after it for their support so who forced them? Ekpeye is clearly Igbo so go sit ur butt down with that Igboid crap coz for ur info the same way Ekpeye is Igboid is the same way Awka or Ukwuani is Igboid. Going by ur moronic assertion I should conclude that Abiriba or Arochukwu is Ibibiod since there are certain similarities and sharing of same words.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by macjive01: 2:22pm On Dec 23, 2010
@afrodiva, im nt disputing you but do u realise that no tribe is wholly one?

"The ogba people you so gleefully claim  have a standing rule not to sell land to  igbo person since the biafra war .Going by your assertions that means that they do not sell land to themselves  how ironic "

if the above is your strongest argument on this then sorry but its weak. it happens everywhere, in owerri there was a time -owerri people, were going about urging their peopl not to sell to Mbaise people. does that make them more igbo or less for the mbaise?

in Aba, it happens every time , Ngwa urge their folks not to sell to other igbo. does that mk them-ngwa, not igbos?

Imo state and Anambra are always having beef , u need to visit idomota and see for ursef.

anyway the point being no tribe is wholly one -in the sense of dialect, tradition and customs.

-1,   most igbo upnorth understand ikwerre far better than the wud ever understand Ngwa or Afikpo
-2-   marriage and customs- the mbaise custom is more related to okirika than it is to anambra. tho of late there has been lots of borrowing from the latter.
-3-   for instance ijebu in ogun state, are they not yorubas? they re of course but their language and custom is way different. so does that mean if a few disfranchised politicians loses out tmw then decides to go thru with  " WE RE NT YORUBAS , WE RE IJEBU" then it wud be so.

After the war the FED in an effort to weaken the igbos bought a few politician who went about agitating and claiming non-igbo despite a traceable history and culture and custom. that was the time all those dont sell land to igbo, dont inter-marry came about.

moreover, one question what makes one an igbo?
who is the true Igbo?
whose custom is the true Igbo?
whose language is the True igbo - ( nt minding the legally accepted one)

There was a compromise to accept one, which is call igbo izube (or something like that) that thereby meant no sub-div owns the accepted dialect  but all are urged to speak/ write it for study reasons and as the legal igbo.

Also on your point of why igbos worry what some politician or people claim for themself ( if the re igbos or nt). look those politician dont hav the write to claim poo. as my earlier ex, if ijebu man starts claiming non yoruba, does it mean history has to be re-writed to accommodate his rant?  everybody has a contribute to mk to protect and preserve history as it is.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by afrodiva: 3:54pm On Dec 23, 2010
udezue:

Afro,
Like Andre said stop chatting crap. The Ekpeye fought in Biafra and faced a lot repression after it for their support so who forced them? Ekpeye is clearly Igbo so go sit your butt down with that Igboid crap coz for your info the same way Ekpeye is Igboid is the same way Awka or Ukwuani is Igboid. Going by your moronic assertion I should conclude that Abiriba or Arochukwu is Ibibiod since there are certain similarities and sharing of same words.
of course if udezue the champion of the igbo expansionist movement didnt reply with abusive language as usual his day would be miserable .you make such an awful poster child for igbo unification.you really put people off with your attitude which is more likely to shrink the igbo population .you are already loosing chinenye the ngwa representative .please stick to facts and answer my questions/points that i have brought up . if ukwuani ,abiriba want to call themselves igbo it is up to them not up to you or me. do you even know who coined that term igboid and in what context it was initially used ? who told you all of ekpeye fought in biafra the reason you spew such ignorance is because all you know about ekpeye people is what you read off the internet and i know where you got that from .for your education the ekpeye like most other groups in old rivers state were divided .i know people who fought for biafra and people who fought for the Nigerian army. what repression did they face? please give me some examples . it is not in your place to argue with me over my ethnicity let my ekpeye brothers or sisters who consider themselves igbo champion that cause .i know that you love the idea of one great united igbo country but trust me sitting behind a computer and trying to bully people with fictitious tales is not the answer .go and spend time in these places and get to know the people and their history .
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Rhino5dm: 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2010
Go Ameachi Gooooooooooo!

Water front must go down. Period!

The okrika people are sub-humans and need to be treated as one.

>>> The clash between you and that winch called patience Jonathan still remains fresh in my heart, when the half-baked, eveninig class hawker with a certificate of mis-education is insisting that you mustn't use the word must.

" no you must not use must"

But she is equally exploring the word must.
can you believe that! What do you expect when her husband is a mooron.

>>> anyway the water front is known as a potential hatch and breeds of militants and other small rascals threaten the peace of rivers state. that notorious savage's name should ring a bell. Sagoma goerge

>>> i expect by now water fronts is down! To hell with that bi.t.c.h and bring in more develoopment to rivers people. Let her continue to whine like a swine afteral that's the best the water frontiers could afford.

Ikwerre le!!! Go ameachi goooo!!!
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by AndreUweh(m): 5:20pm On Dec 23, 2010
afrodiva:

of course if udezue the champion of the igbo expansionist movement didnt reply with abusive language as usual his day would be miserable .you make such an awful poster child for igbo unification.you really put people off with your attitude which is more likely to shrink the igbo population .you are already loosing chinenye the ngwa representative .please stick to facts and answer my questions/points that i have brought up . if ukwuani ,abiriba want to call themselves igbo it is up to them not up to you or me. do you even know who coined that term igboid and in what context it was initially used ? who told you all of ekpeye fought in biafra the reason you spew such ignorance is because all you know about ekpeye people is what you read off the internet and i know where you got that from .for your education the ekpeye like most other groups in old rivers state were divided .i know people who fought for biafra and people who fought for the Nigerian army. what repression did they face? please give me some examples . it is not in your place to argue with me over my ethnicity let my ekpeye brothers or sisters who consider themselves igbo champion that cause .i know that you love the idea of one great united igbo country but trust me sitting behind a computer and trying to bully people with fictitious tales is not the answer .go and spend time in these places and get to know the people and their history .

I'm an Igbo Youth leader in the U.K and my position in the Igbo organisation in the U.K has afforded me with the opportunity to interact with Igbo politicians, monarchs etc both in Nigeria and in the U.K. Only last October, the Eze of Rebisi, Rivers state was in London and we had a meeting with him and Igbo affairs both home and abroad featured prominently. If we do not believe he is Igbo, we will not schedule to meet him and if he does not accept the term Igbo, he will refuse. Based on this, if I say Rebisi people are Igbo, am sure you will say am lying. It is not by force that you should accept being Igbo but do not act as if Ekpeye people are not Igbo. Hon Chibudum Nwuche's father is one of the patrons of Ohanaeze Ndigbo in Rivers state. Is he not Ekpeye and Igbo?. Earlier you did mention Ogba people, but mind you it was an Ogba titled man -Francis Ellah who represented Ohanaeze at the constitutional conference in Abuja in 1995. Here on nairaland, I have read posts of people from that area who are proud Igbo. Leave them alone.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by udezue(m): 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2010
@ Afro,
And there were upperland Igbos like Ukpabi Asika, Ike Nwachukwu who also fought against Nigeria so does that make them non-Igbo? Please don't try to act innocent because ur comment to Andre wasn't the nicest hence I feel no need to be nice to you either ODE. What makes Ekpeye non Igbo and Abiriba Igbo? Can you tell me that? No you don't get to choose who you are because God created you already as whatever. I can't just wake up one day claim to be only Awka or Aro but not Igbo. Thats very stuppid.
The term Igboid language means dialect of the Igbo language.
An Awka dialect is way different from Afikpo dialect.
An Aro dialect is way different from Ukwuani dialect.
Igboid languages are Awka, Aro, Abiriba, Ezza, Igbanke, Ekpeye, Ikwerre, Ndoni, Kwale, Okigwe, Olu, Enugu-Wawa, Owerri, Mbaise, etc.
Most Igbos like me who grew up in cosmopolitan cities like Enugu speak the central dialect and also mixture of these other Igboid dialects due to our mixed background of several Igbo communities. I am still not fluent in Awka and Aro. I haven't even dared to learn Agbo dialect / langauge.
Please leave Chinyen out of this. It shows your desperation. FYI Chinyen is proudly Igbo. His disagreement with many Igbos in NL has a lot to do with his overly in-ward attitude towards Igbo affiars especially Ngwa issues not becuase he denies being Igbo. I know him both on NL and Facebook and we agree and also disagree on issues.

How many alphabets are in Ekpeye language?
How many market days do you have in Ekpeye?
What is "come" in Ekpeye?

Honest answers please.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by afrodiva: 4:42am On Dec 24, 2010
at uduezue and mr andrew
as usual  you both use the same tired and worn out arguments that do not make political relevance . naming one family or person here and there ,using the issue of dialects that is so controversial . being a patron or associating with an organisation does not neccesarily make you igbo. i dare chibudoms father to go to his own  hometown and announce to them that they are igbo .you say  i may not be igbo but ekpeye are igbo are you not contradicting yourselves ?.
I do not deny the fact that the ekpeye have had significant influence on their language and culture by the larger igbo nation but  they have also been influenced by the  ijaw , the  igbani  and their edo roots as well .you talk about francis ellah yet you forget to mention the upheaval that his stance at the constitutional conference  caused him when he went back to omoku .Ask any ogba man  well versed in political affairs if he was not almost lynched and asked to withdraw as their rep. Address the obvious  issues i have raised, like if a great majority of ekpeye agree to be igbo  why is there presence not visible in ohaneze .Why do we have a sovereign ekpeye body called uzugbani ekpeye like ikwerres have ogbakor ikwerre?, why do we have an eze ndigbo in ahoada town? ,  why did we opt to be part of the COR state  and niger delta region even before the war ?,why is there no clamour to join the south east? ,why did our reps at the constitutional conference opt to be in south south since the "great majority of ekpeye are igbo .
   At uduezues question ,you tell me the name of my ekpeye market days and how many ,you tell me what come means in ekpeye  and tell me the alphabets  since you claim to know much and while you are at it tell me how ekpeye people greet . ( when all the igbo groups were summoned to announce biafra why didnt ojukwu summon ekpeye ?). you still havent told me if you have been to any ekpeye town or village .  the issue about who fought and didnt fight against biafra was to totally disprove your lie that all of ekpeye supported biafra .
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by afrodiva: 4:46am On Dec 24, 2010
at udezue 
if you dont get what come is in ekpeye then please quit this forum .and if you get it right then tell me how much  it sounds like  your igbo" bia ". iam eagerly awaiting this particular response . in fact as for udezue you didnt even know the real name for ekpeye until recent .you kept saying "ekpaffia" in your previous posts which you obviously saw online.and you have the nerve to define my ethnicity!!!!!!. the good lord did not name any ethnicity man did .

Guess what! udezue we get to choose who we are because we are in a state and region that we want to be in not with you in the south east or in imo or abia state so honey we do get to choose. we also got to choose the more popular option naija not biafra hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( thanks to my british friends with their more sophisticated mojos). with people like you and andrew  trying to define who iam, life would sure have been hell in biafra.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Onlytruth(m): 4:59am On Dec 24, 2010
afrodiva:

at udezue if you dont get what come is in ekpeye then please quit this forum .and if you get it right then tell me how much it sounds like your igbo" bia ". iam eagerly awaitingthis particular response

I have often advised my Igbo brothers not to join issues with anyone over their Igbo or otherwise identity. Believe me, with the way things are in Nigeria, there is nothing to gain by extending warmth and inclusion to anyone who does not BOLDLY declare he/she is Igbo.

I boldly state that groups like Ekpeye stand to gain more by claiming Igbo than the other way round. The problem most Igbo have though is that a lot of folks from these so called "Igboid" groups proudly identify as Igbo. So, folks like myself are condemned to keep an open mind whenever we meet them. I am Igboid too, but I'm from Nnewi.

I have enough going on in my life as an Igbo man. I don't think I have time to care about folks with identity issues.
I heard Jonathan is Ekpeye (Igbo), which is part why majority of Igbos are backing him. Not me though. I back him for a different reason.

Basically I don't care. I'm busy. undecided
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by afrodiva: 9:01am On Dec 24, 2010
at macjive 01
thank you for your respectful use of language .we can actually have a discourse because you have exhibited openmindedness/maturity i will respond to your points the next time i log in.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by jason123: 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2010
Ha ha? Na by force? Afrodiva, let them alone jare!
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by johndoe200: 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2010
Why is it that all sorts of useless people come on this forum to shout this guy in Rivers is ibo, that one is ibo, when they are not from the state? I am from the state and it irritates the hell out of me to keep reading the posts of these ibo rejects who come here and pontificate on my state.

I usually refrain from these ethnic bashing threads but please, if you are not from RIVERS STATE, please shut your mouth. I can not see how I can start to trade words about my state with some cretin from those nyamiri states.

This kind of crap is why you are universally hated by the people in and from that state.

As for the governor's actions, he will have to face the reality that you can not dislocate and disrespect a people without consequences. In any case he has already seen that easy to do.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by abadaba(m): 4:21pm On Dec 24, 2010
johndoe200:

Why is it that all sorts of useless people come on this forum to shout this guy in Rivers is ibo, that one is ibo, when they are not from the state? I am from the state and it irritates the hell out of me to keep reading the posts of these ibo rejects who come here and pontificate on my state.

I usually refrain from these ethnic bashing threads but please, if you are not from RIVERS STATE, please shut your mouth. I can not see how I can start to trade words about my state with some cretin from those nyamiri states.

This kind of crap is why you are universally hated by the people in and from that state.

As for the governor's actions, he will have to face the reality that you can not dislocate and disrespect a people without consequences. In any case he has already seen that easy to do.

Monkey, am from Rivers state as well. Does it mean because am from Rivers state am not Igbo. You mean the Igbo are found only in the South east. Iidiot, do you not think that those who identify as Igbo in Rivers state feel insulted by your moronic post?. Go and lick your mothers's shitt if you are worried about the Igbo in Rivers state. Brain-dead pig.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Rhino5dm: 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2010
Even if you are a devil you should be able to see changes in Rivers state.

>>>Peter odilli was a total failure!

If you dont like what amaechi is doing, i have cyanide. Just few drops will take your miserable life out.

Go amaechi gooooo!
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by afrodiva: 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2010
abadaba:

Monkey, am from Rivers state as well. Does it mean because am from Rivers state am not Igbo. You mean the Igbo are found only in the South east. Iidiot, do you not think that those who identify as Igbo in Rivers state feel insulted by your moronic post?. Go and lick your mothers's shitt if you are worried about the Igbo in Rivers state. Brain-dead pig.
abadaba ,if you indeed are from ahoada like you claim , answer my questions i posed to you in another thread and then lets continue this conversation in ekpeye. if you tell me you cant speak the language then you automatically are not fit to rep my people .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Nigeria Become A Developed Country? / WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? / Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.