Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch (39124 Views)

Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by Staro: 5:28am On Jan 26, 2019
Why Buhari hurriedly sacked CJN – Investigation

More facts emerged in Abuja on Saturday on why Buhari could not wait for the court to determine the fate of the CJN.

Onnoghen, it was gathered, was billed to inaugurate judges that will adjudicate over the conduct of the 2019 elections in the country.

The suspended judge had fixed Saturday (today) for the inauguration of the election petition panels.

Details of tomorrow’s election panels to be sworn in, according to a dependable sources at the Supreme Court are 250 judges.

The source said, “There are a total of 250 members who would sit on the election panels.  The panels comprise National Assembly Election Petition Tribunals, Governorship Election Petition Tribunals, and State Assembly Election Petition Tribunals.

“His sudden removal was aimed at either stopping the event or removing some judges on the lists. That is what will happen.”

It was gathered that judges that would make the panels had arrived Abuja, with the hope that they would be inaugurated on Saturday.

https://punchng.com/uproar-as-buhari-suspends-onnoghen/

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by bajosky: 5:33am On Jan 26, 2019
And we call him" APC REPENTANT DEMOCRAT"

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by three: 5:33am On Jan 26, 2019
kahal29: All these conspiracy theories here and there doesn't deal with the substance of the matter at hand.... The main question still remains..... Did Chief Justice Onnoghen forget to declare his assets properly or not? Claiming that over $3 million that was traced to his account was a mistake?

That will be determined by the CCT the case duly referred to them by the National Judicial Council.

EVEN IF WE DISAGREE INDIVIDUALLY WE ARE PRACTICING A CONSTITUTIONAL DEMOCRACY.

Buhari has DESECRATED the constitution he swore to uphold and should be impeached

There are SPECIFIC rules and procedures for removing (as the constitution does not recognise suspension) a CJN. Or in the event of a vacancy (again no suspension)

Vacancy can be by retirement, death or removal.

There is only one way outlined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for suspending OR removing a Chief Justice EVEN when it is a matter emanating via Code of Conduct.

BUHARI REQUIRES TWO-THIRDS of the SENATE.

This desecration of the constitution he swore to uphold is gross misconduct by Buhari and an IMPEACHABLE offence

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#FederalExecutive

292. (1) A judicial officer shall not be removed from his office or appointment before his age of retirement except in the following circumstances -

(a) in the case of -

(i) Chief Justice of Nigeria, President of the Court of Appeal, Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Chief Judge of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Grand Kadi of the Sharia Court of Appeal of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja and President, Customary Court of Appeal of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, by the President acting on an address supported by two-thirds majority of the Senate.

(ii) Chief Judge of a State, Grand Kadi of a Sharia Court of Appeal or President of a Customary Court of Appeal of a State, by the Governor acting on an address supported by two-thirds majority of the House of Assembly of the State,

Praying that he be so removed for his inability to discharge the functions of his office or appointment (whether arising from infirmity of mind or of body) or for misconduct or contravention of the Code of Conduct;

(b) in any case, other than those to which paragraph (a) of this subsection applies, by the President or, as the case may be, the Governor acting on the recommendation of the National Judicial Council that the judicial officer be so removed for his inability to discharge the functions of his office or appointment (whether arising from infirmity of mind or of body) or for misconduct or contravention of the Code of Conduct.

(2) Any person who has held office as a judicial officer shall not on ceasing to be a judicial officer for any reason whatsoever thereafter appear or act as a legal practitioner before any court of law or tribunal in Nigeria.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by haryorbarmie83(m): 5:38am On Jan 26, 2019
I support Buhari on this, CJN is corrupt, we need more of PMB in this country. Only those who enjoy free money during PDP era will continue to wail. Work hard for your money, no more free money. Argue with your forefather's.

96 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:39am On Jan 26, 2019
No need to say more about this Corrupt soul of a judge anymore.
Interesting times are here. A civil servant, who has no other business and he has not touched his salary for years!!
He has forgotten $3m in account.
Bought 55 houses, and some youths whose future is being stolen away are crying!
There was a country!!

We are on our way to a New Nigeria, if you don't feel like going, you can stay behind.
God bless all the sane, good, honest and hardworking Nigerians.
God bless our President MUHAMMADU BUHARI.
God bless Nigeria

We humbly welcome Justice Ibrahim Tanko Muhammed on board, as he Joins President MUHAMMADU BUHARI to take us to the NEXT LEVEL, AKA the land flowing with milk and honey. 
No more impunity in our land.
A new and better Nigeria is what we want. 
FVCK CORRUPTION and LOOTERS

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by dokie: 5:41am On Jan 26, 2019
After Kaduna pdp rally and APC south east rally, APC was sure that they had lost the election. The only way out for them would be to rig, and to concertise the rigging, they have to be in charge of the judiciary.

I knew the CJN would be hacked.

118 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by HtwoOw: 5:44am On Jan 26, 2019
A CTheif judge will definitely recommend other thieves , i'm pretty certain there's been lobbying alerts in usd .ngn are entering the idiots account

Election tribunal is a goldmine for judges, no matter what they pay suspended CJN to be on the list , they'll make x10

i support stopping the event to remove corrupt judges from the list

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by orion7: 5:48am On Jan 26, 2019
zombies. rejoice not.

if buhari sinks Nigeria you guys will suffer the consequence too.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by artofseduction: 5:51am On Jan 26, 2019
This country I'd going down but some zombies re cheering him on.

But what do I know.

Even Abacha had supporters.

41 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by hucienda: 5:52am On Jan 26, 2019
Buhari has removed all pretense and has gone for broke.

This mistake of a tribal and religious bigot must never again be found at the helm of affairs of a diverse multi-ethnic country. As it stands, even if Atiku wins the election in three weeks time, you don't need a soothsayer to tell you INEC would not declare him president-elect. Danger lurks ahead.

It is up to Nigerians to save Nigeria.

May God help us.

104 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by Oblang(m): 5:52am On Jan 26, 2019
orion7:
zombies. rejoice not.

if buhari sinks Nigeria you guys will suffer the consequence too.

Chest beater..Buhari need to suspend ur brain..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by TreasureJunky: 5:55am On Jan 26, 2019
Yoruba's should help us to remove this tyrant.. No betrayal this time,,, I take God beg them

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by Staro: 5:58am On Jan 26, 2019
Punch is right.
All the côck and bull stories about corruption charges are all lies.

I knew Onnonghen won't last beyond yesterday the moment he
granted this interview

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by handie(m): 5:58am On Jan 26, 2019
I don't know about the legality of the CJN's sack(I leave that to the lawyers) and tho all evidence point to d man being guilty, I feel the timing is wrong and will unnecessarily overheat the polity this close to an election.... Another thing all the CJN drama highlights is the fact that Buhari can still be that hard nosed tough man we voted for in 2015 who takes decisions without fear of backlash so far he feels such decision is best. Seriously, I ain't in d Buhari is a dictator murdering our democracy bandwagon cause seriously, the CJN ain't denying d charges but is rather fighting the legality of his ouster... And Buhari actually relied on a court order...... But still on still, this ain't needed this close to an election..... He could and should have waited till after February 16th and as for PDP, their wailing over this issue is just pathetic..... Buhari's 2nd term won't be funny

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by three: 6:00am On Jan 26, 2019

ALL WELL MEANING NIGERIANS SHOULD PREVAIL ON THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY AND ITS MEMBERS TO IMMEDIATELY COMMENCE IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS BORDERING ON GROSS MISCONDUCT OF THE PRESIDENT & VICE-PRESIDENT

NO MORE NO LESS

Hucienda I had to delete your quote. My apologies

8 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by Borderless: 6:02am On Jan 26, 2019
kahal29:
All these conspiracy theories here and there doesn't deal with the substance of the matter at hand.... The main question still remains..... Did Chief Justice Onnoghen forget to declare his assets properly or not? Claiming that over $3 million that was traced to his account was a mistake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CtpE4w1Veg

And would two wrongs make a right?

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by helinues: 6:02am On Jan 26, 2019
Its politics
Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by SalamRushdie: 6:06am On Jan 26, 2019
kahal29:
All these conspiracy theories here and there doesn't deal with the substance of the matter at hand.... The main question still remains..... Did Chief Justice Onnoghen forget to declare his assets properly or not? Claiming that over $3 million that was traced to his account was a mistake?

How does what you wrote justify Buharis attempt to rape and kill our constitution? Buhari acted illegally , he acted ultra vires !!! he acted in total bad faith ..

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by 1shortblackboy: 6:07am On Jan 26, 2019
i have a lot to say but i cannot argue with shallow minded legal laymen. just know that your freedoms and liberties are almost completely gone

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by EponOjuku: 6:08am On Jan 26, 2019
Yesterday morning, Ipob pigs, PDPigz, thieves and looters were calling Buhari the lifeless one. Less than 12 hours later, they were calling him a tyrant.

I swear, thieves and looters are in trouble in this country.

Buhari go show una shege!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by EponOjuku: 6:08am On Jan 26, 2019
1shortblackboy:
i have a lot to say but i cannot argue with shallow minded legal laymen. just know that your freedoms and liberties are almost completely gone

Of course, thieves and looters should have no liberties.

Let the house rat go and tell the bush rat. The big cat is back, stealing is now corruption.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by Stalwert: 6:09am On Jan 26, 2019
grin grin PMB obeyed the law. Go to court to overturn CCT order. Simple, besides why did an innocent Onnoghen postpone the NJC meeting? Useless pouch of lies should find another tale to tottori wailing idiotic Igbos

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by earthsync(f): 6:11am On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:

How does what you wrote justify Buharis attempt to rape and kill our constitution? Buhari acted illegally , he acted ultra vires !!! he acted in total bad faith ..

When the corrupt judge an acclaimed CJN claimed he forgot to declare his asset wasn't that a rape to the constitution? ? I'm sorry for your pains

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by Ololanla: 6:13am On Jan 26, 2019
He will regret that action

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by SalamRushdie: 6:13am On Jan 26, 2019
earthsync:

When the corrupt judge an acclaimed CJN claimed he forgot how such money got into his secret banks wasn't that a rape to the constitution?? I'm sorry for your pains

there is no pains as Buharis action remains ultra vires and at best is just a figment of his own imagination ..He possesses no such powers in reality and has only succeeded in amusing himself and his band of zombie Jesters ..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by alezzy13: 6:14am On Jan 26, 2019
The signs are not good

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by EponOjuku: 6:14am On Jan 26, 2019
Ololanla:
He will regret that action

PDP has already suspended campaign.

They are mourning with the former CJN who is their member.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by Staro: 6:14am On Jan 26, 2019
Buhari has thrown caution to the wind
after all the pretence, the lies, the denials

It's all about 2019

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by EponOjuku: 6:15am On Jan 26, 2019
Staro:
Buhari has thrown caution to the wind
after all the pretence, the lies, the denials

It's all about 2019

Which of the Buharis?
The lifeless one, the tyrant or the one from Sudan?

Chai Buhari badt guy, they never experrerit. It's turirorirown.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by abumeinben(m): 6:16am On Jan 26, 2019
kahal29:

Exactly!

Same question should be thrown at Mr. President Integrity, that's if he ever declared it.

Hypocrisy everywhere.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. / Ekiti 2022: Labour Party Collpases Structure For Biodun Abayomi Oyebanji / INEC Releases Statement On The Supreme Court Judgment On Zamfara Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.