Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,163 members, 7,856,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 03:28 AM

BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension (30130 Views)

Confusion Over CJN’s ‘resignation’ - The Nation / Ben Bruce Attacks Oby Ezekwesili Over CJN Suspension / BREAKING: PDP Suspends 2019 Presidential Campaign Over CJN Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by artofseduction: 4:47pm On Jan 26, 2019
Ok
Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by T051N(m): 4:47pm On Jan 26, 2019
nomenclature:

Bastard,wish i can meet you one on one and put a bullet in your empty skull
I stay in Lagos what's up. Should I send you my address??
Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by Fan01(m): 4:49pm On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:
I have noticed that Nigerians are very ignorant on the unassailable power of the constitution so you hear them make very ignorant statements like " this should not be allowed to stand " "This must be reversed " but in reality and in the presence of the sacred constitution "NOTHING HAPPENED" !!!!! as Buhari neither has the power to niether select the CJN no replace him nor sack him or suspend him so in reality there is nothing to reverse here as Buharis action is totally ultra vires and as such the Status quo is the reality , a reality where Justice Onnoghen remains CJN till something constitional happens .

The questions doubting zombies should ask themselves are:

1 : Can the Senate President suspend the President?

2 : Can the CJN suspend the President?

3: Can the President suspend the Senate President?

4 : Can the CEO of MTN suspend the CEO of Airtel?

5: Can you suspend who you didnt employ and who doesn't work for you?

If your answer to any of the above is No then you should know Buhari is wrong.

What options does Buhari have now?

As it stands Buhari has just 3 options and they are :

1 : Respect the constitutional status quo

2: Beg Onnoghen to resign and then lobby the NJC to nominate Tanko .

3 . Lobby the NJC to recommend Onnoghen for removal and submit to the National assembly to vote on.

anything outside this is a stranger to our constitution and there null and void!!!

Can I copy this please? You made so much sense here.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by Moukandjo: 4:49pm On Jan 26, 2019
nomenclature:

Bastard,wish i can meet you one on one and put a bullet in your empty skull
You dey threaten to kill person for wetin?
And you will live forever after killing him na! Where them dey get these deluded chest-beating things with warped thinking from sef

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by ClearFlair: 4:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
IBBG:
This illegality must be roundly condemed and not allowed to stand. Nigeria's democracy is critical to Africa as a whole. If Nigeria goes down, the entire African continent will be affected. That is how strategic Nigeria is to Africa.

After roundly condemning it. We will watch Buhari do another four years. Deal? Don’t bother. It’s sealed already.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by Ihateyoumod: 4:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
IBBG:
This illegality must be roundly condemed and not allowed to stand. Nigeria's democracy is critical to Africa as a whole. If Nigeria goes down, the entire African continent will be affected. That is how strategic Nigeria is to Africa.

There is nothing u can do or anyone can do, d president has spoken except u want to impeach him....if u can't he has just made use of his executive power
Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by artofseduction: 4:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
wristbangle:

Please just shut up. I'm Yoruba and against CJN's removal.
I apologize on his behalf.

Not all Yoruba are gullible.
Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by clapbest(m): 4:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
For very selfish reasons people will still appreciate anarchy that is steering us in the face and will want us to still vote for Buhiri

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by Asshurbanipall: 4:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
Buhari will soon face the world powers

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by Ihateyoumod: 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2019
Omeokachie:
This singular act marks the end of Buhari presidency.

He has written his name amongst the likes of:

Mobutu Sese Seko
Idi Amin
Emperor Bokasa
Gnasingbe Eyadema
Laurent Gbagbo
Hissene Habre
Sani Abacha

Let's see how he intends to subdue 200 million people who now have the backing of the international community.

Go and undo his suspension, the ex cjn should go any were near his office nah.....and c what will happen to him
Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by jamezman(m): 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2019
IBBG:
Oga all man must die his death.
Africa is always a no go area when it comes to democracy.
If Nigeria falls it falls afterall there was once a powerful nation called "Babylon".
Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by penplus: 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2019
Pride comes before a fall

2019 is over for bubu

Daura awaits him

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by SalamRushdie: 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2019
Fan01:

Can I copy this please? You made so much sense here.

yes sir you can !!!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by IBBG(m): 4:53pm On Jan 26, 2019
wincolove2018:

Shut up!!! Nigeria wen nor get common electricity
chairman use your head to reason and stop sounding like a motor park tout. Lybia that has been distabilized, the other countries in africa are suffering the cosequences as a result of the spill overs. Niger, cameroon and chad are also suffering the consequence of boko haram, ethiopia and kenya are suffering the consequence of a distabilized somali.
If Nigeria with the largest market in the african continent, should be plunge into crisis the entire african continent including southafrica of which Nigeria happens to be its largest market in Africa will suffer. So don't come online and rant rubbish you know nothing about.
Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by Ihateyoumod: 4:53pm On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:
I have noticed that Nigerians are very ignorant on the unassailable power of the constitution so you hear them make very ignorant statements like " this should not be allowed to stand " "This must be reversed " but in reality and in the presence of the sacred constitution "NOTHING HAPPENED" !!!!! as Buhari neither has the power to niether select the CJN no replace him nor sack him or suspend him so in reality there is nothing to reverse here as Buharis action is totally ultra vires and as such the Status quo is the reality , a reality where Justice Onnoghen remains CJN till something constitional happens .

3 . Lobby the NJC to recommend Onnoghen for removal and submit to the National assembly to vote on.

anything outside this is a stranger to our constitution and there null and void!!!

Let me tell u how this would end, u would talk n talk n talk....after a yl, all this like every other thing would die down n everybody would be okay
Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by nonsobaba: 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2019
The hopes of this satanic party called PDP have been dashed again with these cautious statements from the EU & US. These oyinbo people clearly don't have a grasp of the CCT order which empowered Buhari to suspend the CJN. They are just showing general concern in the matter based on the hot air that PDP is blowing over the issue, and asking all sides to respect the law(which Buhari has already done with the CCT order). To the utter shame of Atiku, onnoghen, wike and PDP, the US & EU have refused to call for the suspension to be reversed.
Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by RTSC: 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2019
The only fortunate thing is that the opposition now has a leg to stand on.

The foreign powers clearly are already seeing the well known tell tales of an emerging African dictator.
They have seen it countless times.

If the 2019 elections is anything less than perfect, and pdp decide to not take it since there is no more Jonathan to preach calm, the foreign powers would back them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by gawu1: 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Nice points. I recommend that Onnoghen appoints you to head the 50 SAN defending him. The dollars are still much in the vouch.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by IBBG(m): 4:56pm On Jan 26, 2019
Ihateyoumod:

There is nothing u can do or anyone can do, d president has spoken except u want to impeach him....if u can't he has just made use of his executive power
Lol. Except we are in a full blown military dictatorship. Is like you are underating the power of democracy. Nigeria is too important and strategic to be ignored.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by DemolaUnbias(m): 4:57pm On Jan 26, 2019
EU are not so glaring in judging a sensitive issue like this, they would have read what Mr President wrote and grasped that the CJN can not judge his own case and he has already suspended the 88th general meeting which this issue could also discussed. A number one Judge of a Country shouldn't have such a stain

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by RTSC: 4:57pm On Jan 26, 2019
nonsobaba:
The hopes of this satanic party called PDP have been dashed again with these cautious statements from the EU & US. These oyinbo people clearly don't have a grasp of the CCT order which empowered Buhari to suspend the CJN. They are just showing general concern in the matter based on the hot air that PDP is blowing over the issue, and asking all sides to respect the law(which Buhari has already done with the CCT order). To the utter shame of Atiku, onnoghen, wike and PDP, the US & EU have refused to call for the suspension to be reversed.
You must be reading something else different from the rest of us.

By the time the US and EU disavow the buhari administration, we will see how much presidential work he will be able to do.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by Fan01(m): 4:58pm On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:

yes sir you can !!!!

Thanks. I've and I quoted your moniker too.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by Moukandjo: 4:58pm On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:

PDP sycophants trying so hard to make sense! How will Buhari lobby NJC to recommend Onnoghen's removal when Onnoghen has suspended the sitting of the NJC INDEFINITELY for no reason? Is that not tyranny?

The ineffectual "hero of democracy" from Otuoke was advised by this same NJC to recall Justice Ayo Salami as he was found innocent of all allegations. Did he obey?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by dermmy(m): 4:59pm On Jan 26, 2019
IBBG:

Nigeria is already down.
Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by charlycharles(m): 5:00pm On Jan 26, 2019
wristbangle:

Please just shut up. I'm Yoruba and against CJN's removal.
You r among the just very few my brother...
Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by SalamRushdie: 5:02pm On Jan 26, 2019
Fan01:

Thanks. I've and I quoted your moniker too.

Thank you boss

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by Ategberoson(m): 5:04pm On Jan 26, 2019
etebefia:
Yoruba desperation for power in 2023 is making them support everything wrong from buhari.
I have this feeling that after onnoghen, osinbajo will be next.
Something tells me el rufai is seriously warming up to take osinbajo's position after the 2019 election.

even if el rufai take it next month. southwest we vote for Buhari reelection. that man had tried for Nigeria and I am sure he will do more

I enjoy light 22hrs in a day you this enemy of this nation. during PDP regime 4hrs in a day

many unemployed graduates are now going into entrepreneur under this govt

another sector is showing signal to contribute to the GDP.

Buhari deserve second term and he has gotten it. wail with sense pls
Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by Moukandjo: 5:07pm On Jan 26, 2019
clapbest:
For very selfish reasons people will still appreciate anarchy that is steering us in the face and will want us to still vote for Buhiri
So you want us to vote a shameless international thief who colluded with his boss to seize a whole Lagos' allocation for 3 whole years for no reason ahead of someone who, in addition to states' allocation, gave states bailouts twice to pay salaries
You PDP sycophants are not even serious!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by DMerciful(m): 5:11pm On Jan 26, 2019
The Constitution did not say he should resign if he admits in fact it said he should not be sent to CCT if he admits. Read and be guided!
BabaO2:
PDP is struggling feeding international bodies with messy and wrong information.
The ex-cjn ought to have resigned having admitted to his questionable undeclared accounts..

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by InvertedHammer: 5:12pm On Jan 26, 2019
/

Something is cooking.

History is about to be repeated.

Watch and learn

/

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by nomenclature(m): 5:14pm On Jan 26, 2019
Re: BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension by nonsobaba: 5:14pm On Jan 26, 2019
RTSC:

You must be reading something else different from the rest of us.

By the time the US and EU disavow the buhari administration, we will see how much presidential work he will be able to do.
You are too dense. You don't understand international diplomacy. Don't put your hopes on periodic statements issued by foriegn missions over one or two concerns in their host countries. You will only make sense if you are smiling that they have summoned the Nigerian ambassadors in their countries for explanation. As it stands Buhari is in the clear both at home and abroad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pro-Buhari Rally Staged In Abuja (Photos) / Lagos State Suspends NURTW Operations / Afenifere, Ohanaeze Disagree As President Says Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.