Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt (20068 Views)

IPOB Threat: Count Us Out Of Operation Python Dance, Say South East Governors / Onnoghen: Magu Says EFCC Investigating Embattled CJN For Money Laundering / Onnoghen: Atiku Thanks US, UK, EU, Says Not Fighting for Embattled CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by madri4u: 11:10am On Jan 27, 2019
Lord Lugard was right in handing power and leadership to the north. He sees north as a unitied people with one accord. No wonder he didn't hand over power and leadership to the south -south. He sees south-south as salvage people with no unity. Click like if the north are united or click share if the south-south are dis-united.
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by COMPAQ(m): 11:10am On Jan 27, 2019
globalresource:
Money don exchange hands. Dont worry maybe when buhari is done removing all the ijaws and replace all with northerners

An Hausa man will never say this

That doesn't make it right
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by Segunboss8(m): 11:14am On Jan 27, 2019
7inches:

U are an idiot, why saying even though u are igbo, is the judge igbo?
Or is davido who spoke out yesterday to defend him igbo?
Some of u are really mad here but don't know it
You’re mad. I didn’t quote you, so Go and die and go to hell
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by Newmans: 11:15am On Jan 27, 2019
Onnoghene, ijaw youths, f g, which one of them put food for your table, THE ONLY TRUTH I can tell you is to remain relevant 24hours online,
Continued to make your own money by dialling this Numb or WhatsApp 08186392863, when ever you are in need of a technician to fix your PHONES, TABLETS, LAPTOP'S, don't look back don't forget to call or WhatsApp, 0 8 1 8 6 3 9 2 8 6 3. Consider it done.
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by Ategberoson(m): 11:25am On Jan 27, 2019
Igbo youth had been crying here. they would rather protest at asorock or charge ipob up

south south should be a majority over Igbo. Igbo ego caused disunity we are seeing today among southerners. just imagine a southern region with south south and southwest

despite obj nuisance against gej, gej still went ahead to visit him. south south people are the most matured people in southern Nigeria after west. what they need is to fight away subordination with Igbo, they'll be ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by jossy4joseph(m): 11:33am On Jan 27, 2019
Faceless youths
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by Gforce2019: 11:43am On Jan 27, 2019
emmyreb:

sowing is not a problem so far you'll pay me

Ha! Madam , you can be part of my grass to grace story by donating your Canon camera for my business FOC....

Thanks in anticipation for your kind gesture
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by nonsobaba: 11:54am On Jan 27, 2019
Esseite:

We SS again.... Buhari's popularity is really low in the SS, its next to nothing. With Seyeifa and Onnoghen it sealed it permanently.

What then was Seyeifa's crime?
Stop making noise. The election will tell. We have passed the era of fake PDP popularity in south-south when they allocate votes to themselves.
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by 7inches: 11:55am On Jan 27, 2019
bantudra:

then stop supportin corrupt people....most igbos do that....

Yet yorubas support mc oluomo, a criminal. And worship Tinunbu, and drug Lord. undecided
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 27, 2019
nonsobaba:
Stop making noise. The election will tell. We have passed the era of fake PDP popularity in south-south when they allocate votes to themselves.

So what era are we at?.. the one you discriminate and marginalized them but want vote allocation.
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by awelas252(m): 12:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
Agritech:
Youths from Ijaw speaking part of the country have described the suspension of Justice Walter Onnoghen, as the Chief Justice of Nigeria, by President Muhammadu Buhari, as apt, timely and welcome development.
Justice Onnoghen

The youth group, while declaring a persona non grata on the embattled CJN, said people from south-south region were not thieves.
The United Niger Delta Youth Council, which said that Justice Onnoghen is a shame to the Niger Delta region, wondered he failed to exhibit a high level of decency in his conduct as the number one Judicial Officer in the country.

Jackson Bob- Manuel, President of the youth group at a press conference on Saturday, called on the embattled jury to face the law and stop looking for sympathy.
He said, “We are of the opinion that Justice Walter Onnoghen having risen to the exa
lted position of Chief Justice of Nigeria should have exhibited a high level of decency in his conduct as the number one Judicial Officer in the country.

“It is, therefore, inexcusable for a man of such high standing to feign ignorance to the law as regards the declaration of assets in the country under the Code of Conduct Act. And if that is the case, then such a person is not fit to hold the exalted position of Chief Justice of Nigeria.

“We also wish to use this medium to state that corruption as a social vice knows no tribe, race or religion. It is a cankerworm that has eaten deep into the fabric of the Nigerian society over the years, and so, therefore, those that using the suspension of Justice Walter Onnoghen to wipe up ethnic and religious sentiments should desist from such acts as they cannot cry more than the bereaved.

“Justice Walter Onnoghen a Niger Delta son that is supposed to serve as a role model to us has indeed failed woefully and brought shame and disgrace to the people of the Niger Delta region.

“When they steal government funds and buy choice properties for themselves and their families, they are Mr. A or Mr. B., but when they are caught, they become Niger Deltans who are suffering political persecution.

“The United Niger Delta Youth Council says enough is enough of this treachery by political allies from the Niger Delta region. They must be held responsible for their actions and inactions as regards their conduct in office. And the case of Justice Walter Onnoghen should not be politicized to look like ethnic persecution.

“The fact remains that he failed to declare some of his assets as stipulated by the law and so, therefore, he has committed an offense which requires that he faces the full wrath of the law. And as the number one law officer in the country, he should know better.

“The United Niger Delta Youth Council frowns at the insinuations coming from certain quarters that the government persecutes justice Walter Onnoghen. While this is far from the truth, it is merely an attempt to cover up for a crime that was committed and deceive the public.
“The United Niger Delta Youth Council, therefore, calls on all Niger Delta Sons and Daughters in Nigeria and the Diaspora to disown Justice Walter Onnoghen how has brought nothing but shame to us as a people.

“When he filled his accounts with dollars and pounds, he wasn’t a Niger Deltan. When he refused to provide educational assistance to scores of needy people, he wasn’t a Niger Deltan. When he bragged like he was a mini-god, he wasn’t a Niger Deltan.

“But now that his atrocities have come out to the open, he is now a Niger Deltan. We the United Niger Delta Youths Council rejects such hypocrisy and would never be a part of such all on the name of ethnicity and religion.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/onnoghen-ijaw-youths-disown-embattled-cjn-say-south-south-people-are-not-corrupt/
These are people that have brain to think. Not all those bigots who are just shouting all over the media like mad dogs. Kudos to the Ijaw youths, you guys worth your salt.
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by michoim(m): 12:40pm On Jan 27, 2019
Na soo we dey roll
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
Mujtahida:

I support the CJN fully ooo, I do. And the reason is simple: we are all culpable in this nation, we are in one way or the other guilty of corruption, of compromising the system, of cutting corners or taking undue advantage of office. A society of thieves - that's what we are.

A thief will sit down confidently to judge another thief. You know why? It's the system. We have created a corrupt system. This whole hunt after individuals is a scam.

Imagine Danladi Umar the CCT Chairman who has criminal cases pending on him seating down to judge the CJN. Nobody asked him to excuse himself but they say the CJN should excuse himself. Musa can get away with his crimes but Okoro cannot. Where is the justice in such a system?

Why Support anyone at all? They are all cutting corners. So any who gets served should not complain. They are all eating from the same pot of corruption. Onnoghen is just sad that he was the one who got burnt.
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by Mujtahida: 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Why Support anyone at all? They are all cutting corners. So any who gets served should not complain. They are all eating from the same pot of corruption. Onnoghen is just sad that he was the one who got burnt.
I support him if selective justice is being applied. I support him because I know that this is not about fighting corruption. It's ethno-tribal agenda wearing anti corruption mask to witch hunt it's enemies.

It's not only them who cut corners. 99.9% of Nigerians do. The only distinction is the degree.
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2019
Mujtahida:

I support him if selective justice is being applied. It's not only them who cut corners. 99.9% of Nigerians do. The only distinction is the degree.

As long as he is also cutting corners too, none have my support.
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by Mujtahida: 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

As long as he is also cutting corners too, none have my support.
You, don't you cut corners? Can you on your honour say that in your life as a Nigerian you have never cut corners or compromised the system?

We find it easy to judge others. Fact is that I regard any, I mean any one punished for corruption as an unfortunate victim. You do not create a corrupt system and then start punishing individuals. You overhaul the system like the President of Tanzania is doing.
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by LegacyB: 1:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
What surprises most is the masses supporting those who Robb them blindly. While these thieves knows there is no tribe, religion or creed in loot sharing. Haba lets wise up nawh......
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by emmyreb(f): 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2019
Gforce2019:

Ha! Madam , you can be part of my grass to grace story by donating your Canon camera for my business FOC....

Thanks in anticipation for your kind gesture

I never said i can't sow, I'll sow but you'll pay as an exchange
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
Mujtahida:

You, don't you cut corners? Can you on your honour say that in your life as a Nigerian you have never cut corners or compromised the system?

We find it easy to judge others. Fact is that I regard any, I mean any one punished for corruption as an unfortunate victim. You do not create a corrupt system and then start punishing individuals. You overhaul the system like the President of Tanzania is doing.

Let everyone cut corners but when the person get burnt, I will not throw in my support. As for me, I have sacrifices I have made that cost me because I refused to cut corners.
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by Gforce2019: 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
emmyreb:

I never said i can't sow, I'll sow but you'll pay as an excuse

Okay o!
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by mechanics(m): 2:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
hmmmmm, let's see how the case will end before concluding.
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by Friend01(m): 3:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
Esseite:
If its not IYC (Ijaw youth council)... others are just BMC annex.

This group started existense 2hrs ago... grin

"The United Niger delta youth council" does not even have a single history.. grin

This is the first publication, not even a fan page or social page.. grin

Whether the organisation was formed two minutes ago or since 1880 it doesn't matter.
The truth of the matter is,they have spoken the truth.
The truth will always come out whether pretenders like you like it or not.
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by zoedew: 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
When will they speak out in this manner about Goodluck Ebele Jonathan a.k.a. Fortunatus the worst instead of their best the ND gave us as President!
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by Friend01(m): 3:35pm On Jan 27, 2019
Authoreety:
Money for hand back for ground

This kind money na correct and legit money. because dis one no be lie lie money.
Re: Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt by Friend01(m): 3:40pm On Jan 27, 2019
Asshurbanipall:
Useless APC is now sponsoring another useless election-time group to yap rubbish.

APC is a curse to Nigeria. PDP was never this bad and terrible.

If what these Ijaw youths did makes them useless. Bros, abeg count me join.

No wonder Jesus was reported to have said, seeing they see not, hearing the hear not...
no wonder you are blind to the truth despite having eyes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians, Don't Allow Fayose Escape – Lauretta Onochie / PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS / Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.