Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix (4680 Views)

Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? / Acura Mxd 08 Or Lexus Rx330? / Would You Buy This Beautifully Restored 1972 BMW 3.0 CSL For N35.7m? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by Jbleenk: 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
I’ve own and driven a Bmw before (although not within the shores of Nigeria) I loved each and every seconds I spend driving it.

I haven’t experienced Lexus on the other hand but I’m sure it must be a great ride.

My dilemma

Every cells in me is longing for a Bmw, but I’ve been getting bad reviews about it being unreliable on Nigerian roads and how expensive maintenance could get plus no readily available mechanics with adequate experience blah blah blah but I still feel like going for it against all odds.

People have been asking me to go for the Lex for obvious reasons being not expensive to run and maintain and what have you.

For those that have experienced driving any of the wheeps in Nigeria, can you please set the record straight so I can make an informed decision.

Thanks.

Pix are just for illustration

1 Share

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by nurey(m): 6:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
Just buy the 2, then we enjoy it 2geda, when you get bored of 1 we switch. But I will be the owner of the IS while you will be rightful owner of the E90

bros for life

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
IS, definitely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by Day169: 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
..so in summary, the BMW is a better car to drive while the Lexus IS is a more reliable car to own.
Against this backdrop, I'd say the Lexus is a better bet.

7 Likes

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by Alvin007: 7:44pm On Jan 27, 2019
nurey:
Just buy the 2, then we enjoy it 2geda, when you get bored of 1 we switch. But I will be the owner of the IS while you will be rightful owner of the E90

bros for life

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by MotorGuru: 8:24pm On Jan 27, 2019
The IS 250.
But why not the IS350? The IS250 is a direct injection engine which is prone to carbon buildup on the intake valves which over time could cause random misfires.

The IS 350 has both port and direct injection which totally elinimates this problem and of course has more power.

7 Likes

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by alphaNomega: 9:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
Since you have experience with the BMW I'd suggest you go for the e90. It's an excellent ride to own and run around.

Any car can be a lemon, make sure you do proper inspection before paying for your new car.

That Lexus IS is just a tricked out Yaris.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by Alvin007: 9:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
alphaNomega:
Since you have experience with the BMW I'd suggest you go for the e90. It's an excellent ride to own and run around.

Any car can be a lemon, make sure you do proper inspection before paying for your new car.

Fallacy!

5 Likes

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by dokyOloye: 3:39am On Jan 28, 2019
I have a friend who owns an 05 E90.
The parts of that car is far more expensive when compared to those of a newer C class Mercedes,like say 09 W204.
Dunno if its his mechanics that have been "chopping" him sha.

1 Like

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by alphaNomega: 3:43am On Jan 28, 2019
Alvin007:

Fallacy!

Lol grin

I said what I said. If you want to enjoy your Lexus sedan, do the ES, LS or GS

3 Likes

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by alphaNomega: 3:44am On Jan 28, 2019
dokyOloye:
I have a friend who owns an 05 E90.
The parts of that car is far more expensive when compared to those of a newer C class Mercedes,like say 09 W204.
Dunno if its his mechanics that have been "chopping" him sha.

They have been chopping him

5 Likes

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by Foolishbuhari: 5:06am On Jan 28, 2019
Jbleenk:
I’ve own and driven a Bmw before (although not within the shores of Nigeria) I loved each and every seconds I spend driving it.

I haven’t experienced Lexus on the other hand but I’m sure it must be a great ride.

My dilemma

Every cells in me is longing for a Bmw, but I’ve been getting bad reviews about it being unreliable on Nigerian roads and how expensive maintenance could get plus no readily available mechanics with adequate experience blah blah blah but I still feel like going for it against all odds.

People have been asking me to go for the Lex for obvious reasons being not expensive to run and maintain and what have you.

For those that have experienced driving any of the wheeps in Nigeria, can you please set the record straight so I can make an informed decision.

Thanks.

Pix are just for illustration

The bolded is a fallacy Bro... Perhaps cheaper parts but with my experience from normal running costs of a Lexus (Rx330 and Es330) and all that, maintaining it isn't as cheap as what people make you believe especially fuel oo Lol. So don't fail to expect surprises from the IS250 as it may not be the angelic Saint you think it to be oo LOL

I find running my Benz cheaper as per fuel economy mostly sha cheaper by far

7 Likes

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:32am On Jan 28, 2019
alphaNomega:

Don't say things you have no idea about. A Yaris and an IS have nothing in common.

alphaNomega:

Lol grin

I said what I said. If you want to enjoy your Lexus sedan, do the ES, LS or GS

Funny, because a GS is actually just a stretched out, slower, worse handling IS with a better interior. What are you even saying?

4 Likes

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by Timagex(m): 2:12am On Jan 29, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Don't say things you have no idea about. A Yaris and an IS have nothing in common.

Funny, because a GS is actually just a stretched out, slower, worse handling IS with a better interior. What are you even saying?
u r saying the is 250 is better than the GS 300?

1 Like

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:59am On Jan 29, 2019
Timagex:
u r saying the is 250 is better than the GS 300?

No?
Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by Timagex(m): 12:04am On Jan 30, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

No?
Oya, explain yourself cool
Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:34am On Jan 30, 2019
Timagex:
Oya, explain yourself cool

I'm not sure what's there to explain. Read my comment again.
Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by fuckboys: 10:49am On Jan 30, 2019
drop both cars and take up a 2006 e350

2 Likes

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by 9icetoo(m): 1:17pm On Jan 30, 2019
alphaNomega:

You lie
Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by adanny01(m): 4:55pm On Jan 30, 2019
Everybody knows this one; performance give it to the BMW, reliability give it to the Lexus, efficiency give it to the Lexus.

1 Like

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by sacajawea: 9:59am On Jan 31, 2019
So this is your "dilemma"?

3 Likes

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by jcflex(m): 5:09am On Feb 01, 2019
adanny01:
Everybody knows this one; performance give it to the BMW, reliability give it to the Lexus, efficiency give it to the Lexus.

Mak una no dey confuse person with grammar abeg.

which performance is BMW given you, when it not efficient and reliable according to your standard.

bth efficiency and reliability, performance cap them all.

4 Likes

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by Lexusgs430: 6:20am On Feb 01, 2019
alphaNomega:

Tricked up yaris my big black ass..........

1 Like

Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by alphaNomega: 5:42pm On Feb 08, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Tricked up yaris my big black ass..........

cheesy grin grin grin
Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by nams77: 6:58pm On May 03, 2021
sacajawea:
So this is your "dilemma"?
Lol. This is a sweet dilemma, aswear grin

Jbleenk, how did the dilemma pan out?
Which one did you eventually get
Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by PAQ(m): 11:51pm On May 03, 2021
alphaNomega:

Where you go learn this one from? Am sure not America sha, cos even the Americans have respect for the Lexus IS!

Chassis of both cars are different, engines are different, both technologies are totally different. Hope you know what the term tricked out means.

Haba Bros!!!
Re: I’m In A Dilemma: Bmw 3 Series Or Lexus IS 250, Which Is A Better Ride. Pix by Lummid(m): 2:04am On May 04, 2021
MotorGuru:
The IS 250.
But why not the IS350? The IS250 is a direct injection engine which is prone to carbon buildup on the intake valves which over time could cause random misfires.

The IS 350 has both port and direct injection which totally elinimates this problem and of course has more power.

Well said. IS350 is quite scarce tho.

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Cars Should I Buy / Is G35x 2007 Reliable? / Showcasing Classic Toyotas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.