Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President (45051 Views)

PDP: Plans To Bring Saraki As Chairman Suffer Setback / Reps Suspend Buhari’s $22.79bn Loan Consideration Indefinitely / Crowd Welcomes Bukola Saraki As He Arrives In Nasarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by DemolaUnbias(m): 9:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
And money spent on this one to become a Lawyer so?
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Dohak(m): 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
Mad thinking.
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Nifemi2512(m): 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
See dis Student lawyer.
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by XTHRONE(m): 9:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
Adayi1:

U allow ur emotions to get a better part of you.... Do I just heard say 'in saner clime'? Show me a chief justice in a sane country that will not resign or step aside after 24 hrs of admitting to a crime.
Which crime, the APC perceived crime, if APC think you are not on their side, they heap you with allegation just to get you out of the way. I still stand on it. Only retards will vote for Buhari, dude is just too overbearing and lawles. He just locked up Dasuki, despite court asking him to free the man, Buhari is just an illiterate acting above the law, if he is not put to stop he will do worse than Hitler. I hate dictators.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by DemolaUnbias(m): 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
Mr Lawyer has smoked Pawpaw leaf
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Bankoleyemi: 9:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
RealityShot:
CITIZENS OF NIGERIA!

you have been saying Buhari is NOT fighting corruption.

now he actually punished ONE corrupt person (CJN);
WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?

PERSECUTING HIM, REALLY?

VOTE BUHARI for continuity
Ganduje and Baba grass cutter, the money in Lagos mansion, Akpabio and Amaechi?
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by mank1234(m): 10:00pm On Jan 27, 2019
AlexReports:
ONNOGHEN: Senate Should Suspend Buhari and Declare Saraki As Acting President; says Lagos Lawyer; Gives Reason Why It’s Legal

Reacting to the removal of Justice Onoghen as CJN by President Buhari, Lagos-based Lawyer, David Agu Esq., in a humorous, but interesting, post on Facebook, has urged the Nigerian Senate to save Nigeria’s democracy by suspending President Buhari and his Vice, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo from the office of President and Vice President of Nigeria when they reconvene on Tuesday, January 29. Read his articulated humor below:

“There's something called anarchical approach to restoration of order (don't ask me who propounded that theory. I'm still looking for the person sef).

That is to say, most times, it takes a measure of madness to cure a mad man. Take Psychiatric doctors for example. Oh, you think they're normal?

Just like I had advised the other day, Senate has announced an emergency reconvening on Tuesday. And here's what I propose as a grand plan to appease the majority of the Nigerian masses at this time of anger: NBA should get to any Federal High Court first thing on Monday morning with a motion exparte, praying the court for an order directing the Senate to do all that is necessary to SUSPEND the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and his Vice, pending the restoration of the nascent Nigerian democracy to it's pre-2015 status quo.

The Senate should then, upon reconvening on Tuesday, move, as a matter of national emergency, to implement the order of the court, and forthwith suspend the President and his Vice, and proceed to swear in the Senate President as Acting Nigerian President.

Note that this does not amount to a breach of the Constitution. No Nigerian law provides for the suspension of the President, but it is trite law that the court can make law through their pronouncements, where loophole exists.

It's suspend they'll suspend him...not removal. Haba! Please, if we want to be mad in this country, let's be adequately mad. Let's go the full length. I don't like half-measures”

http://www.finishwork.com.ng/2019/01/onnoghen-senate-should-suspend-buhari.html?m=1

Sure license to jail. Only executive can do as they like and get away with it cos it controls the forces.
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Jesusloveyou: 10:03pm On Jan 27, 2019
discusant:
Leaders of the Executive, Legislative and Judicial Arms of a government:
None can suspend the other unilaterally without involvement of the other two.
President Buhari has acted like Hitler
The Senate, Judiciary and the world must hit Buhari like they hit Hitler
you are Wrong,
the constitution empower cct to verify the asset of every public Officers of the three arms of govt,
it is not njc that will do the work of cct,
njc work is to look into misconduct of its members,
asset Declaration is not misconduct, is criminal act,
why did thief saraki go to cct, why not the red Chambers look into the misconduct of Senate president when he fails to declare all his asset.
why didn't ganduje investigate himself since kickback is not a crime in the constitution.
but the appropriate institution handle it.
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Jesusloveyou: 10:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
XTHRONE:

Which crime, the APC perceived crime, if APC think you are not on their side, they heap you with allegation just to get you out of the way. I still stand on it. Only retards will vote for Buhari, dude is just too overbearing and lawles. He just locked up Dasuki, despite court asking him to free the man, Buhari is just an illiterate acting above the law, if he is not put to stop he will do worse than Hitler. I hate dictators.
is only corrupt dictator that is bad, like thief obj and ineffectual buffoon,
but incorruptible dictator like buhari that is good for nigeria just like what RAWLINGS did in ghana.
this is just the beginning.
vote buhari till 2023 and you will see a better nigeria
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by dareadewuyi: 10:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ghenghen!When an ordinary person is caught stealing a tuber of yam in the market, and the jungle justice is meted out, nobody speaks but when a big man is asked to come and answer for his deeds, all manner of characters rush to their defense. Nigeria and Nigerians are irredeemably stupid.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by chinedumoooo: 10:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
Tuen,what happen to the vice president if saraki become the acting president.all this backward and mumu lawyers.
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by XTHRONE(m): 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
Jesusloveyou:
is only corrupt dictator that is bad, like thief obj and ineffectual buffoon,
but incorruptible dictator like buhari that is good for nigeria just like what RAWLINGS did in ghana.
this is just the beginning.
vote buhari till 2023 and you will see a better nigeria
The better Nigeria you are having now.the one Amechi confirmed to us. I wonder how people reason, being comfortable when a grandfather , an ancestor rules over them with his archaic mentality. Why are Nigerians blinded easily by ethnicity and cheap lies. Can't you see dude is too weak, can't you just see he is sick. Spits. This country have a long way to go, the way people reasons baffles me.
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Sagay212: 11:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ipob miscreant lawyer. See him 10,000naira suit
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Jesusloveyou: 11:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
XTHRONE:

The better Nigeria you are having now.the one Amechi confirmed to us. I wonder how people reason, being comfortable when a grandfather , an ancestor rules over them with his archaic mentality. Why are Nigerians blinded easily by ethnicity and cheap lies. Can't you see dude is too weak, can't you just see he is sick. Spits. This country have a long way to go, the way people reasons baffles me.
even if buhari die in Office is still 100% better than to allow thief atiku.
which better nigeria are you looking for,
you want importation of every rubbish to sabotage our economy, that is the only business idea of thief atiku.
to sell nigeria.
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Yemi7up: 11:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
landmark86:
If you no the Lawyer is high on Oshogbo weeds can I see ur hands up
Wọ́n bí Bukola da tó bẹ
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Bianda24: 11:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
Madness everywhere......
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 27, 2019
Otoooooogeeeeee

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by wirinet(m): 11:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
This lawyer has not read supreme Court judgement SC.279/2012 read by Justice Onnoghen himself.

In the judgement of justice Onnoghen in 2012, je said the CCT has exclusive jurisdiction to try code of conduct violations, and the CCT also has powers to mete out punishments to violators.

Any allegation that a public officer has committed a breach of or has not complied with the provisions of this code shall be made to the code of conduct Bureau”. The foregoing provisions are clearly unambiguous and so construed literarily mean that any breaches of any provisions of the said 5th schedule or matters of noncompliance with any provisions of the Code shall, (meaning that it is mandatory i.e. must) be made to the code of Conduct Bureau that has established its Tribunal with the exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any violations of any provisions under the Code, if I may emphasise any violations shall be made to Code of Conduct Bureau. The provisions have made it mandatory to take any matters so covered by the 5th schedule (supra) to the code of conduct Bureau and not to any ordinary regular courts as has been done in this instance. If I may repeat the code of Conduct Tribunal has been established with the exclusive jurisdiction to deal with ail violations contravening any of the provisions of the Code as per paragraph 15(1). This provision has expressly ousted the powers of ordinary regular courts in respect of such violations. The Tribunal to the exclusion of other courts is also empowered to impose any punishments as specified under sub-paragraphs (2) (a), (b) & (c) of paragraph 18 as provided in sub-paragraphs 3 and 4 of paragraph 18 while appeals shall lie as of right from such decisions to the Court of Appeal.
- https://ilaw.com.ng/barrister-ismaeel-ahmed-v-alhaji-nasiru-ahmed-ors/

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Lovemaester: 11:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
DrGoodman:
On the 16th of FAILBUHARI, His Excellency Alhaji Atiku Olusegun Chimaobim Nosa Tamuno Inalegu Abubakar will be congratulated as the Incoming President of Nigeria by Donald Trump and other world leaders.

nigga it has do, u have been posting this sh.it on every page, we all know atiku is going nowhere near aso rock, las las u go dey alrite
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by slaypapa: 11:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
Charge and Bail lawyer looking for cheap popularity
grin
ORIENTATION101:
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by olashehu: 11:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
AlexReports:
ONNOGHEN: Senate Should Suspend Buhari and Declare Saraki As Acting President; says Lagos Lawyer; Gives Reason Why It’s Legal

Reacting to the removal of Justice Onoghen as CJN by President Buhari, Lagos-based Lawyer, David Agu Esq., in a humorous, but interesting, post on Facebook, has urged the Nigerian Senate to save Nigeria’s democracy by suspending President Buhari and his Vice, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo from the office of President and Vice President of Nigeria when they reconvene on Tuesday, January 29. Read his articulated humor below:

“There's something called anarchical approach to restoration of order (don't ask me who propounded that theory. I'm still looking for the person sef).

That is to say, most times, it takes a measure of madness to cure a mad man. Take Psychiatric doctors for example. Oh, you think they're normal?

Just like I had advised the other day, Senate has announced an emergency reconvening on Tuesday. And here's what I propose as a grand plan to appease the majority of the Nigerian masses at this time of anger: NBA should get to any Federal High Court first thing on Monday morning with a motion exparte, praying the court for an order directing the Senate to do all that is necessary to SUSPEND the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and his Vice, pending the restoration of the nascent Nigerian democracy to it's pre-2015 status quo.

The Senate should then, upon reconvening on Tuesday, move, as a matter of national emergency, to implement the order of the court, and forthwith suspend the President and his Vice, and proceed to swear in the Senate President as Acting Nigerian President.

Note that this does not amount to a breach of the Constitution. No Nigerian law provides for the suspension of the President, but it is trite law that the court can make law through their pronouncements, where loophole exists.

It's suspend they'll suspend him...not removal. Haba! Please, if we want to be mad in this country, let's be adequately mad. Let's go the full length. I don't like half-measures”

http://www.finishwork.com.ng/2019/01/onnoghen-senate-should-suspend-buhari.html?m=1

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by propsvila: 11:58pm On Jan 27, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
If only you know him
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by dareadewuyi: 1:26am On Jan 28, 2019
Almost everyone on social media voiced former Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun into resigning.
Some even asked that the President remove her to prove that he's truly fighting corruption. When the brilliant woman saw that she truly erred by submitting a fake NYSC Exemption certificate, she did the honourable thing.
She tendered her resignation letter and left. She RESIGNED!

By that time, those of you ethnic jingoists didn't see Kemi as a Southerner.
You screamed at her, cyber bullied her and even hurled abuses at her.
Now it is the turn of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, who admitted himself that he 'forgot' to declare his domiciliary accounts which was loaded with £23,409, €49,971 and $391,401, including 55 houses undeclared, and by so doing, he breached the Code of Conduct as a Public officer and was suppose to have resigned straightaway if he had any modicum of honour, integrity and shame as the custodian of the Nigerian Law,[code][/code] PDP you are a typical Corrupt Party of Impunity

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Mathiasa(m): 5:09am On Jan 28, 2019
XTHRONE:
Yes, I just wish this will happen. In a sane society, this is how it should have been done, if the president does any how the national assembly will bring him to his senses. I tell you , Buhari is unfit. If Osibanjo where to be the APC flag bearer, Atiku will not get a single vote, since it is the lifeless one, Every right thinking Nigerians should resist his satanic change and brutal agenda. no more lies. Vote wisely.
And in a sane world, the CJN would have stepped down to allow his case to be hard.
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Kayrich(m): 5:41am On Jan 28, 2019
'Sack Adeosun'
'Remove Amina Zakari' 'Remove IG of Police' 'Remove CP of Lagos' but don't touch CJN.
Awon were !!!
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:02am On Jan 28, 2019
RealityShot:
CITIZENS OF NIGERIA!

you have been saying Buhari is NOT fighting corruption.

now he actually punished ONE corrupt person (CJN);
WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?

PERSECUTING HIM, REALLY?

VOTE BUHARI for continuity
So removing a Southerner to replace with a sharia judge is fighting corruption, you think people are fools? what happened to main a that Jonathan sacked for corruption,why did buhari bring him back?
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by ameh99: 10:00am On Jan 28, 2019
All this upcoming charge and bail lawyers sef, looking for every means necessary to blow.
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by dukekingsley(m): 10:32am On Jan 28, 2019
What is he saying.
He's mad i thought
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by RealityShot: 2:27am On Jan 29, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
So removing a Southerner to replace with a sharia judge is fighting corruption, you think people are fools? what happened to main a that Jonathan sacked for corruption,why did buhari bring him back?
now you have spoken the true undertone of this argument.

But Justice stands above regional politics!

also, you want Buhari to make the mistake our Jonathan made during his time abi?

Buhari knows what that man can do for PDP.

so he uncovered his corruption at the right time!
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by switch47(m): 1:00pm On Jan 31, 2019
ClearFlair:

You don’t have a proper education. Always backup your claims with facts. How is he a bad leader? We are listening sir.
res IPSA the fact speaks for itself , by their fruits we shall know them . Buhari is a terrible leader . useless mumu
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by KufreUnwene: 7:37pm On Feb 17, 2019
Happening Now : Protesters Storm US Embassy, Demand Visa Ban On Justice

WATCH LIVE VIDEO: Protesters take over US demanding for visa ban.

http://www.walem.xyz/2019/01/happening-now-protesters-storm-us.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female IPOB Member On Horse Leads "No Election In Anambra" Campaign (Video) / Pastor Kumuyi Visits Governor Ikpeazu (Photo) / Olabisi Kolawole, First Female Police PRO In Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.