Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Babangida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida (936 Views)

…babangida Defends Buhari / Babangida, Otedola, Elumelu Win Bids For Nigeria’s Power Plants ( Same Poo ) / Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babangida by Beaf: 1:24am On Aug 18, 2010
[size=14pt]He was at her wedding as best man. . . He signed her into widowhood.[/size]

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHREK7gf6UU?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Babangida by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 18, 2010
There was a law on ground
break it and face the concequences

No body is above the law my friend
IBB should be commended for that action .He let the law take it course
Re: Babangida by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 18, 2010
is the johnny brigade getting desperate ?
Re: Babangida by Sharonf(f): 10:50am On Aug 18, 2010
Question1: Define Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida.
Answer: A cold blooded murderer. . . a paranoid egomaniac. . .a killer of friends and foes alike. . .a gap-toothed failure.

Score: 10/10. 1st Position. 1st Class Answer.
Re: Babangida by MyJoe: 11:10am On Aug 18, 2010
I like these threads that are coming up. Let's educate Nigerians who have forgotten or are too young to remember.
Re: Babangida by paddylo1(m): 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2010
Babangida did bad by killing his best friend. . . .and making this woman a widow

A man like him should be getting ready to meet his maker and asking Nigerians for forgiveness for his many sins. . .

I feel bad for the lady. . .
Re: Babangida by Beaf: 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2010
paddy_lo:

Babangida did bad by killing his best friend. . . .and making this woman a widow

A man like him should be getting ready to meet his maker and asking Nigerians for forgiveness for his many sins. . .

I feel bad for the lady. . .

The woman says IBB held a grudge for her husband from secondary school days! Can you imagine? Yet, this was the same man that Vatsa thought was his best friend, he was Vatsa's best man and who could walk into Vatsa's house in the middle of the night, demand food, sleep over and the next morning, leave wearing some of Vatsa's clothes. . . Yet, he killed him!

. . .Some say, it was because Vatsa was increasing seen as the only brainy intellectual in the regime, his status as writer and poet was also growing at pace. IBB got jealous and that was Vatsa's end.

General Mamman Vatsa was one of a handful of top military men that was honest and professional to the core. The man never stole a single pin, he was a great loss to Nigeria.
Re: Babangida by naso2(m): 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^
I am against IBB in every sense.

His name should not appear on the ballot sheet even for the least popular party, I know of Dele Giwa,gloria okon, C130,june 12, gulf war windfall, however I dont seem to understand this Vatsa angle to the crimes he committed. Are we saying there was no coup plot by Vatsa?
Re: Babangida by paddylo1(m): 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2010
na_so:

^^^^^^^^^^^

His name should not appear on the ballot sheet even for the least popular party, I know of Dele Giwa,gloria okon, C130,june 12, gulf war windfall, however I dont seem to understand this Vatsa angle to the crimes he committed. Are we saying there was no coup plot by Vatsa?

I dont know the full story sha as i was too young then however, i think it was a case of phantom coup. . .

U know where u just round ppl up and accuse them of plotting a coup. . .

In most other repressive Govts ,such ppl are usually jailed for life or something. . not executed
Re: Babangida by Beaf: 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2010
na_so:

^^^^^^^^^^^

Indeed.

There are very strong reasons to believe that such never occured. Please read this and weep, http://www.dawodu.com/vatsa.htm
Re: Babangida by chidichris(m): 5:04pm On Aug 18, 2010
what is all these issues with the death of mama vasta? is he the only one who died in that incident? why talking abt him without others?
mama vasta was a military man and a senior one in that regards and he knew the implications of whatever step he took.
will this woman be saying all these things had it been her husband was successful?
women are always like this. it is possible she pushed her husband into this death in her inordinate ambition to be first lady. what happened to all these women whose husbands were successful in their coups? is any of them coming to seek our sympathy from time to time?
madam mama vasta, u must learn to enjoy in times of success and bear the pains of loss in times like this as i urge u not to make this a public issue.
Re: Babangida by Beaf: 5:21pm On Aug 18, 2010
chidichris:

what is all these issues with the death of mama vasta? is he the only one who died in that incident? why talking abt him without others?
mama vasta was a military man and a senior one in that regards and he knew the implications of whatever step he took.
will this woman be saying all these things had it been her husband was successful?
women are always like this. it is possible she pushed her husband into this death in her inordinate ambition to be first lady. what happened to all these women whose husbands were successful in their coups? is any of them coming to seek our sympathy from time to time?
madam mama vasta, u must learn to enjoy in times of success and bear the pains of loss in times like this as i urge u not to make this a public issue.

Because the others might have planned something, but it is 99% certain that Mamman Vatsa was 100% innocent.
Re: Babangida by OAM4J: 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2010
Beaf, you are giving IBB an undeserved publicity, making it looks like he is the man to beat.

This man and his followers should be ignored like a rotten egg.
Re: Babangida by agitator: 5:29pm On Aug 18, 2010
ferari90:

There was a law on ground
break it and face the concequences

No body is above the law my friend
IBB should be commended for that action .He let the law take it course

When u see dumb people, it shows from a mile away. wondered why everybody is ignoring your post?

Tell them how IBB came to power.
Re: Babangida by Beaf: 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2010
OAM4J:

Beaf, you are giving IBB an undeserved publicity, making it looks like he is the man to beat.

This man and his followers should be ignored like a rotten egg.

In very many ways, you are right. But in creating the thread, I looked at it from the point that, so many folk don't have a clue about who the man is.
Many have never heard of the contrived plane crash that wiped out a crop of promising officers, because IBB was scared they might one day usurp his position.
Many do not know of the thousands that died after June 12 and how live ammunition, amoured cars and tear gas bear bearing helicopters were deployed against the civilian population.

Hopefully, people can begin to learn those things.
Re: Babangida by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 18, 2010
agitator:

When u see dumb people, it shows from a mile away. wondered why everybody is ignoring your post?

Tell them how IBB came to power.
alligator or whatever you call yourself. If you think you can come from Togo to insult me here in Nigeria,I say to you, you are a joker

You must be very dumb to think that am dumb grin
Re: Babangida by agitator: 8:19am On Aug 19, 2010
ferari90:

alligator or whatever you call yourself. If you think you can come from Togo to insult me here in Nigeria,I say to you, you are a joker

You must be very dumb to think that am dumb grin

As a wise man may be you were the campaign manager during the elections that babangida won to replace buhari. tongue tongue tongue tongue

(1) (Reply)

Finally, Goodluck Jonathan Declares For 2011 Presidential Election! / Abiye Sekibo Joins Acn / The “419”nigerian Consulate (in New York) And The Indian Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.