Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) (114481 Views)

Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR / 2012 Ranking (from Richest To Poorest) For Gross Domestic Product Based On PPP / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by occam(m): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2010
The top 5 are all southern states; and of the top 10 only 2 (Kano & Kaduna) are Northern states

Those northern polilticians should focus on getting their people to work, instead of trying to grab power by al means
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by seanet02: 5:22pm On Aug 20, 2010
occam:

The top 5 are all southern states; and of the top 10 only 2 (Kano & Kaduna) are Northern states

Those northern polilticians should focus on getting their people to work, instead of trying to grab power by al means

SIMPLE INSTRUCTION

enomakos link=topic=498954.msg6608557#msg6608557
date=1282319339:

where is my state?

www.autoinsurancequotesmarket..com
www.nigeriastudentdebtconsolidation..com
ARE YOU OKAY ? OF WHAT USE IS THIS TO THE TOPIC? cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by 13volts(m): 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2010
occam:

The same applicable to all state governors, the current GDP is a far cry if prudent management of resources is enforced. is not a northern southern thing TRIBALIST
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by chelseabmw(m): 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2010
UP EDO STATE
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by eridah2007(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2010
hahahaha
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by chelseabmw(m): 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2010
Up Edo State
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by mamagee3(f): 6:45pm On Aug 20, 2010
This ranking is a little bit dumb. . .

What about Abuja? Isn't it one of the richest if not the richest state in Nigeria.

Imo state at number 5? shocked shocked. . .Wasn't expecting it.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by seanet02: 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2010
chelseabmw:

Up Edo State
ARE YOU FROM AKOKO EDO ?
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by seanet02: 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2010
OGUN MAKES IT TO TOP TEN AGAINST ALL ODDS
THANK GOD OOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by seanet02: 6:59pm On Aug 20, 2010
imo and abia should be 50 or 60 honestly this two states is nothing but fraud
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by THEAMAKA(f): 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2010
some people sef, stop hating on Ndi Igbo.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by seanet02: 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2010
THE AMAKA:

some people sef, stop hating on Ndi Igbo.
is that hate? its my view because i have visited the two states more than five times, bros its nothing to write home about
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by occam(m): 7:08pm On Aug 20, 2010
13volts:

The same applicable to all state governors, the current GDP is a far cry if prudent management of resources is enforced. is not a northern southern thing TRIBALIST

This is not about tribal sentiment. Yes, the current state of things is an indictment on all leaders of every state. However, compared to the south, the northern sates are not doing very well.

So if any policy maker sees this number, the logical question is why do we have this regional disparity? And if I’m the state Executive of Taraba or Gobe, I want to know how I can improve; same for Ekiti state. Sadly, any discourse about our country somehow leads to charges of tribalism.

looking at this numbers, Ekiti should never have separated from Ondo state.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by AloyEmeka5: 7:20pm On Aug 20, 2010
Rich in what aspect? Human resources or material and natural resources?.  If it is human and material resources Anambra state is 50x richer than the whole states in SE combined. Quote me. But may be Imo came #5 due to natural resources. Whoever did this ranking is dumb. Imagine Edo state richer than Ondo and Zamfara richer than Ekiti. na wao, at this rate Jigawa may become richer than Lagos in the next ranking.  .
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Mariory(m): 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2010
mama-gee:

This ranking is a little bit dumb. . .

What about Abuja? Isn't it one of the richest if not the richest state in Nigeria.

Imo state at number 5? shocked shocked. . .Wasn't expecting it.

Abuja is not a state.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by komando: 7:29pm On Aug 20, 2010
Lagos number 1? Igbo kwenu! Yaa! Alaba kwenu yaa! Ladipo nko? Yaa! Idumota mmamma nu! Yaa!
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by member479760: 7:48pm On Aug 20, 2010
Of course, we are using Whiteman's criteria for developing countries to determine economy prospect but in reality, Lagos suppose not to be in the first place.
China is the world #two economy but majority of Chinese are living on less than $100 a month, one can do the maths base on 1.3 billion people.
So we have everywhere professors only develop we can develop even with professor as president same shit.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by mamagee3(f): 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2010
Mariory:

Abuja is not a state.
At least it's in Nigeria. . .And it's a wealthy place at that.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by tennyalad(m): 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2010
interesting, but its a bit outdated, anyone with the current list after changeover from obasanjo to yaradua.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by becomrich5: 9:23pm On Aug 20, 2010
This is a lie. Bayelsa state is the richest state in Nigeria. Seun and his many fraud.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by mamagee3(f): 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2010
^^Bayelsa state, the richest state in Nigeria?

I laugh in Abeokuta!

PLease, don't make this a comedy, there's no way bayelsa is the richest state.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by chelseabmw(m): 9:57pm On Aug 20, 2010
eridah2007:

hahahaha

y r u laughing? lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by chelseabmw(m): 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2010
seanet02:

ARE YOU FROM AKOKO EDO ?

No am from Las vergas. . .

is akoko edo a state? thats a LG in edo state

to ans ur question,No am not from akoko edo
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 20, 2010
mama-gee:

I laugh in Abeokuta!

I laugh in Abeokuta, shout in Lokoja and almost wept in Umahia
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 20, 2010
mama-gee:

I laugh in Abeokuta!

I laugh in Abeokuta, shout in Lokoja and almost wept in Umahia
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2010
Lol, how come muslim states r at d bottom of d list, "to be exact majority", hehehe!

Oya attack me, but yeah I said it!
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by goggs(m): 10:28pm On Aug 20, 2010
the richer the state, the bigger the loot. Unfortunately the people of the richer states do not enjoy commensurate standard of living. Its time that the Nigerian people begin to ask their governors questions.

The governors, especially the Niger Delta governors need to translate this 'riches' to better life for their people instead of all these excuses they are giving. I fear that with the present scenario, even 100% resource control may not transform anything for the life of the common man on the street. We need to get back to the basics by overhauling the dysfunctional system that allows such mind boggling corruption to thrive with no justice or punishment.

I fear the term richer or poorer state means nothing in the Nigerian context. We are all losers unless things change, and change real fast.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by akano1: 11:15pm On Aug 20, 2010
no wonder why alao akala don't want to leave office. oyo state is rated number 4 he will not want to leave because of the shuashua he got from the office. the people of oyo please open your eyes or shine your eyes for the next election at the corner.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by SapeleGuy: 11:28pm On Aug 20, 2010
Stop celebrating mediocrity - Suffer dey everywhere kokoroko.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by chiogo(f): 11:38pm On Aug 20, 2010
^^ I know, right?

Funny how people are here shouting my state is # bla bla bla with excitement. Y'all still poor!! lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by phantom(m): 11:42pm On Aug 20, 2010
@chiogo, lol, easy abeg!
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by rhymz(m): 11:45pm On Aug 20, 2010
The gross domestic product (GDP) or gross domestic income (GDI) is a measure of a country's overall official economic output. It is the market value of all final goods and services officially made within the borders of a country in a year. It is often positively correlated with the standard of living,[1] though its use as a stand- in for measuring the standard of living has come under increasing criticism and many countries are actively exploring alternative measures to GDP for that purpose.
The gross domestic product (GDP) or gross domestic income (GDI) is a measure of a country's overall official economic output. It is the market value of all final goods and services officially made within the borders of a country in a year. It is often positively correlated with the standard of living,[1] though its use as a stand- in for measuring the standard of living has come under increasing criticism and many countries are actively exploring alternative measures to GDP for that purpose.
Now going by the explanation and my understanding of the definition of GDP, I don't see how Imo(which happens to be my homestate), Oyo( which is still basking in its past glories, in reality, the state has no real viable economy), how then could it have come up tops, let alone occupying the 4th position, all these states almost do not ve any economy one can associate them with. Delta state obviously is soaking in oil wealth that explains her position, Imo state, makes rubbish of the stats, Imo state almost does not produce anything yet it is directly below Oyo- a badly managed state. . Scheeew. . This stats is very mediocre in every ramification. What exactly were the criteria used cos obviously the stats is not a reflection of the realities.
Seriously speaking, if we were to go by states' economic size, output, expenditure and per capital income, the only state that could ve beaten Anambra to it is Lagos state. I ve been live in Owerre for over 5yrs now and I make bold to say, Imo state does not ve any real viable economy besides its tourism and service sector. Onitsha still has the biggest market in the whole of west Africa, Main Market. The economic activities that go on in that market alone are bigger than the whole economies of delta, Imo and Edo state, let alone the whole of onitsha or Anambra state. Anambra state almost as many industries as Lagos, if you doubt me, go to Nnewi, Onitsha,Awka just to mention a few. Anambra is not just commerce as many ppl think, they ve industries as well, they have the 3rd largest bank branches. Per capital income, Anamberians have the best spread of income, that is a fact, it is just not a case of the bulk of the wealth being in the hands of a few, wealth is almost evenly spread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / President Buhari's 'Louboutin' Shoes Got People Talking (Photos) / 28+ Funny Photos Of Jonathan Vs Buhari Presidential Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.