Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Cancer Tasting Pure Water: What Is Nafdac Doing? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cancer Tasting Pure Water: What Is Nafdac Doing? (1347 Views)

Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos / Is There Anything Like An Overdose Of Drinking Water? What Are The Consequences? / Chocolate Royale Shut By NAFDAC For Distributing 1billion Naira Expired Goods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cancer Tasting Pure Water: What Is Nafdac Doing? by Danielqwer: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2010
Am I the only person to notice the added chemical like taste in some sachet water? Is nafdac telling me that this is healthy? Pay a visit to any pure water company, they have all these extremely cheap filters (because every business is concerned with margins). A carton containing 15 filters cost ten thousand naira, this is absolutely insane.
My company imports filters from WRAS (Water Regulatory Advisory Scheme, water fittings regulators in England) accredited dealers in Norway, and I know first hand that first class filters are not cheap.
Nafdac go around putting their numbers on this “cancer tasting water” and encourage the masses to drink it, there is a problem. A compromise on a quality filter is a compromise on health.
www.nwsnigeria.com. For a free demonstration contact 08023305728 / 07090039966 (Lagos), 08071752560 (Rivers)
Re: Cancer Tasting Pure Water: What Is Nafdac Doing? by missuzoma: 11:58am On Aug 18, 2010
This is not the best way to sell your filters. You are just disgusting everyone with your scare tactics. Go and get trained in the art of salesmanship. You seem not to know much about cancer or filters or chemicals or even nafdac regulations on sachet water. Go get trained dear.

Will never recommend you to anyone wanting to buy filters.
Re: Cancer Tasting Pure Water: What Is Nafdac Doing? by Danielqwer: 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2010
Just my opinion uzoma, people need to ask for a demo b4 buying filters especially our pure water makers. It’s a health related issue, there is a weird taste in some (not all, I’m glad to say). That chemical like taste doesn’t sit right with me, again am I the only person who notices the odd taste? I have visited loads of pure water makers across Nigeria as part as sales research to back this, and I cant figure out where the taste comes from, but it is there.

So we cannot challenge our regulators to better, do you believe nafdac is perfect? Pay a visit to pure water factories yourself, taste different sachet water against a well known bottled water brand like evian or swan, there is an odd taste in most.
Research the price of water filters and find out how much our pure water makers are paying for theirs, naturally people will cut corners wherever they can especially in business to make a profit.
Yes, our market here is filled with fake substandard water filters and some of the sachet water people are using it and selling by the bucket loads, it is worrying and a big health issue.
Nafdac need to do more.
Ask for a demonstration before you buy a water filter that’s all I am saying.
Tanx
Re: Cancer Tasting Pure Water: What Is Nafdac Doing? by Danielqwer: 12:04pm On Aug 21, 2010
www.nwsnigeria.com, Nordic water has a water purification system developed to produce drinking water from water sources with poor quality.

The purifications system removes:

1. bad smell

2. bad taste

3. bothersome colour

4. dangerous chemicals

5. some heavy metals like lead & iron

6. 99.99% of pathogenic bateria (E.coli, salmonella, legionella, cholera, shigella, typhoid)

7. 99.99% of parasites (cryptosporidium, giardia)

8. 97% chlorine

9. 99.7% turbidity

10. particles

11. humus.

For a demo contact 08023305728 / 07090039966 (Lagos), 08071752560 (Rivers)
Re: Cancer Tasting Pure Water: What Is Nafdac Doing? by Danielqwer: 9:59am On Aug 31, 2010
ps, i think we're the only nation where one regulator regulates condoms and drinking water, something's not too right
Re: Cancer Tasting Pure Water: What Is Nafdac Doing? by daddyk1: 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2010
@DANIEL
How much is your water purification sys plant, ??
Re: Cancer Tasting Pure Water: What Is Nafdac Doing? by Danielqwer: 5:21pm On Sep 05, 2010
www.nwsnigeria.com, check the prices there
Re: Cancer Tasting Pure Water: What Is Nafdac Doing? by james1(m): 11:58pm On Sep 05, 2010
@missuzoma.why are you that vexed with the filter man?it is business to go round and organise seminar's for awareness if the need to use quality filter's that will compromise the health of the citizen's.ask yourself this question's:doe's NAFDAC have monitoring team's that really do the monitoring?my dear,no!there are quite a few horrible tasting sachet water in the market;if NAFDAC had monitoring team's or if they work at all they would have cleared those life threating water from the market and have those wicked businessmen/women thrown in jail.
Do you operate pure water business?
Are you aware the in the U S companie's pay $100m to get approval and then?people still die from the adverse effect's of some of these drug's.then good thing is the food and drug's administration move's fast to stop and widraw these now harmful drug from circulation.

(1) (Reply)

Trychloroacetic Chemical Peel Needed Urgently! / Have I Lost My Pregnancy / NOSE Blockage Pls HELP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.