Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos (25522 Views)

IPOB Kills 13 Northern Traders In Enugu, Imo In One Week / Northern Traders Call-Off Strike, Say FG Agreed To Pay N4.75bn Compensation / We Would Rather Lose Goods — Northern Traders Adamant As Boycott Hurts Both Side (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by CastedDude: 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2019
A group of northerners were chased away from Ekpoma in Edo state by indigenes of the area few weeks ago.

According to Ajayi Obazu, the Hausa men were spotted in front of Ambrose Alli Hall, opposite the local government secretariat in Ekpoma after biking their motorcycles and were loading bags of groundnut into a truck.

The Hausa men revealed that they were travelling to Warri in Delta state, to offload the bags of groundnut. 

The residents who alleged that the men might have ulterior motive ahead of the election, chased them out of their community and followed them till they left. 

Meanwhile, some Nigerian internet users have condemned the action of the residents, labeling it as tribalistic and uncalled for.

Facebook user Paragon Iruonagbe Sylvester wrote; am from around Ekpoma, if there is a case of insecurity, it should be promptly reported to the security agents, we should not label all hausa people evil, lots of them are good people and have rights as Nigerians to live wherever they wish, but if any if them is involved in any crime whatsoever, that person should be made to face the law.

Watch the videos below.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/01/northern-traders-chased-away-by-residents-in-ekpoma-edo-state-photos.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by CastedDude: 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2019
Watch the videos HERE.

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by Mystick: 9:29pm On Jan 29, 2019
This country is even more divided now than before. Someone has divided us more through his actions and inaction. None trust the other any more. Not even a little trust as it used to be.

124 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by Xander85: 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2019
LOL@ 'followed them to make sure they left'! grin

37 Likes

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by vicdom(m): 9:35pm On Jan 29, 2019
wink
Where is that frustrated Bini man bastardising Igbos for nothing in the other thread?? Pls come and defend your masters as they are being fleed out of intimation by your co-Binis. Idiotic clown like you.

#spit#

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2019
ONE NIGERIA
PLS LETS LEARN TO LIVE IN PEACE WITH ALL HUMANS

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by osemoses1234(m): 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2019
vicdom:
wink
Where is that frustrated Bini man bastardising Igbos for nothing in the other thread?? Pls come and defend your masters as they are being fleed out of intimation by your co-Binis. Idiotic clown like you.

#spit#
sense fall on you Idiot

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by iluvdonjazzy: 10:15pm On Jan 29, 2019
not fair at all

4 Likes

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by chinjo(m): 10:39pm On Jan 29, 2019
This is election period. All communities should be vigilant of who come into their communities especially those coming with truck leads of goods from the North. They may be transporting weapons. Next time they should ask them to offload all the goods and load them back. ESAN Oyee

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by TIGRITIS: 11:04pm On Jan 29, 2019
chinjo:
This is election period. All communities should be vigilant of who come into their communities especially those coming with truck leads of goods from the North. They may be transporting weapons. Next time they should ask them to offload all the goods and load them back. ESAN Oyee
You will certainly get this treatment you spelt out here outside your hometown except if you are just a local champion who doesn't leave your environment, in which case, you are safe. But as long as you have reason to leave your environment to elsewhere, such treatment awaits you, watch out for it.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by escapefromusa(f): 11:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
These guys are going home to cast their votes. Wakeup undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by dokyOloye: 11:19pm On Jan 29, 2019
You can't blame Ekpoma ppl.
Nigeria and Nigerians have heard nwiii from hausa/fulani moslems.
Can you imagine that a cartoon drawn in faraway Denmark led to killings in the zoo.
Buhari lost elections in 2011,his followers killed more than 1k ppl.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by nwanyionitsha: 11:36pm On Jan 29, 2019
Surprisingly most of them aren't travelling to vote even here in Abuja. Maybe they have a plan.
I spoke to some of those northerners i buy things from. I told them that if buhari wins, they have lost a customer, that was when one of them said be isn't voting this year cause he registered in Yobe and isn't travelling but i now believe there is more to it. Although he asked me to give him tshirts and voters'card that he will vote whoever i ask him to. The newspaper man says he will vote but for the highest bidder, i advised him not to sell his vote.
I am talking to them one after the other. Tomorrow is my suya man.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by Optional09: 11:48pm On Jan 29, 2019
They are terrorist they keep migrating into other peoples space but every year in the north they kill innocent southerners in their space. Na Yoruba people I pity because they have been overran already

18 Likes

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by Gossiplover: 8:07am On Jan 30, 2019
I think say na one Nigeria things. This is all shades of wrong.

lalasticlala and mynd44 make una come see
Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by PapaBaby: 9:19am On Jan 30, 2019
Buhari wants to do tribalism, bring it on.
Esan is PDP and PDP is Esan...

I trust my people.

23 Likes

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by Austema(m): 9:19am On Jan 30, 2019
''One Nigeria'' is a scam.

16 Likes

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 30, 2019
Optional09:
They are terrorist they keep migrating into other peoples space but every year in the north the kill innocent southerners in their space. Na Yoruba people I pity because they have been overran already

Good! The Northerners too should quickly return the favour so that every tribe can stay & do their tradings & businesses in their enclaves.

We will see the biggest losers in just 6 months! grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by InaNla(f): 9:20am On Jan 30, 2019
All thanks to the nepotism and parochial nature of the person of Buari

8 Likes

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by abrojunior94(m): 9:20am On Jan 30, 2019
Nice
Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by chiedu7: 9:20am On Jan 30, 2019
One Nigeria is a myth.

We all know who the common enemy is.

Listen to an Edo man explain how Fulani Herdsmen have been harassing him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiwTfPXs0fY

5 Likes

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by Afflalo(m): 9:21am On Jan 30, 2019
Why are they chasing them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by martineverest(m): 9:21am On Jan 30, 2019
my Edo brothers no get joy o

7 Likes

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by Firebomber: 9:23am On Jan 30, 2019
Watching in 3D
Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by mimee9(f): 9:24am On Jan 30, 2019
good move

7 Likes

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by Afflalo(m): 9:24am On Jan 30, 2019
Nigeria Is one and United

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by Tiffbuxas: 9:25am On Jan 30, 2019
They have taken all they juicy positions in almost all parastal... Even the small ones our people will manage such as Okada keke and the rest they'll still comman drag it with dem.... Is dat not just pure Evil? Carrying Okada from. Sokoto to ekpoma winch people!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by martineverest(m): 9:27am On Jan 30, 2019
chinjo:
oyeee!
Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by calyto: 9:29am On Jan 30, 2019
Please let's not do this.

If I were the admin, I will bring this post down.

The Northerners have kept quiet since 2014. They have been called all manners of names all because people didn't like Buhari.

Their lineage and religion has been insulted but they have remained mute.

One thing they may not take is this kind of news. Seeing your people being chased away for crime they did not commit.

Let's trade with caution in order not to create tension which may lead to upheaval

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by Dami12345: 9:33am On Jan 30, 2019
Optional09:
They are terrorist they keep migrating into other peoples space but every year in the north the kill innocent southerners in their space. Na Yoruba people I pity because they have been overran already

You are right oh.I try to tell my Yoruba brothers to stop selling each other out but them no dey hear.

Thank God say you see wetin I dey see.

7 Likes

Re: Northern Traders Chased Away By Residents In Ekpoma, Edo State. Photos by lazborn(m): 9:34am On Jan 30, 2019
chinjo:
wat is even there in the Ekpoma and esan entirely, remove AAU from ekpoma u will see how useless and quite d place will b

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Campaigns With Transformer In Cross River State / On The Alleged CNN Ireport About Buhari's Probe Of Harlibuton Scandal / LASEMA, Police Discover Well Filled With Diesel In Lagos (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.