Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,639 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku (10747 Views)

Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws / We Won't Obey Your Satanic Anti-Grazing Laws - Miyetti Allah / Herders Crisis: Ooni Replies Sunday Igboho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by Blue3k2: 1:57am On Jan 31, 2019
Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, said on Wednesday that anti-open grazing laws in some states would be reviewed for compatibility with the Nigerian Constitution.

The former vice president said at a town hall Wednesday night that the Nigerian Constitution guarantees free movement of citizens, and suggested that herders should not be an exception.

Mr Abubakar said if the governments through extension services could educate herders, the income the latter would generate from beef and milk would be higher.

Mr Abubakar’s proposal could conflict with the position of Benue, Taraba and Ekiti states, where strict anti-open grazing routes have been in enforcement since 2016.

The states have said they would not back down on the law, despite repeated warnings by President Muhammadu Buhari that the law was antagonistic towards the predominantly Fulani herders.

Mr Abubakar, a Fulani, is also widely believed to own large investment in livestock.

The governors in Taraba and Benue States are of the same Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as Mr Abubakar, but it is unclear how they would react to Mr Abubakar’s position, which they had countered when Mr Buhari suggested it.

Ekiti State’s anti-open grazing law was implemented by Ayodele Fayose of the PDP while governor, but the state is now being run by Kayode Fayemi of the All Progressives Congress who was elected governor last July.

Still, Mr Abubakar said, if elected, he would implement policies geared towards establishing reserves for nomadic herdsmen.

Even though he acknowledged that open grazing is a way of life for the Fulani herders, the nomadic education would help reduce the culture while increasing interest in grazing reserves for modern rearing of livestock, he said.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/308979-herders-crisis-grazing-laws-in-benue-taraba-ekiti-to-be-reviewed-atiku.html
Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 31, 2019
LOL i wonder how samuel ortom will react to this. because he has been telling benue people that atiku is not going to handle the case like buhari. now atiku is saying right to movement is in the constitution... that is fulani can move about with them cow. What is the difference between what buhari promised and what atiku said? If atiku wins election will this orientation of herdsmen he is talking about change them suddenly? Moreover a local hearder cant afford processed feed and a ranch. What will they do about it.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by Fedayeen02: 3:30am On Jan 31, 2019
Atiku marshalled his answers creditably well on the debate that he has my full respect

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by rottennaija(m): 6:46am On Jan 31, 2019
Atiku is supporting grazing reserves. But in this age, what is practiced world over is cattle ranching

4 Likes

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by morikee: 10:53am On Jan 31, 2019
Fuckery

2 Likes

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by morikee: 10:53am On Jan 31, 2019
Bleep ery
Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by abc115: 10:54am On Jan 31, 2019
What do you expect. He is a member and financier of Maiyetti Allah.He has been telling the followers that he is more Fulani than PMB. He boasted in Jigawa that the President cannot speak Fulfudi. He boasted that he owns more cattle than the President. So, you expect him not to protect his Investment? Benue People and Ortom Over to you

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by FirstSamurai: 10:55am On Jan 31, 2019
Everything will be addressed in the incoming government smiley

1 Like

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by afroniger: 10:55am On Jan 31, 2019
Atiku don disappoint a lot of his zombie fans with this comment of his on grazing law. A Fulani will always be a Fulani.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 31, 2019
Ofcourse, when grazing lots and ranches are established, there will be no need to restrict someone else's movement. The only reason those states enacted those laws under duress was because the herders killed so many of their farmers during Buhari tenure and Buhari did nothing. "Desperate times require desperate measures". But with a proactive Atiku who believes in prevention, those desperate laws will no longer be necessary. He, Atiku will start by disarming the herdsmen and educating them on need for ranching. A full prevention circle, will make the problems go away. Hope you all got it now? You are welcome!

10 Likes

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by SalamRushdie: 10:56am On Jan 31, 2019
Till killer herdsmen are documented and completely disarmed anti grazing bills are going no where . You can't just walk into any state with an AK47 slung across your dry chest in the name of grazing

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by ntyce(m): 10:56am On Jan 31, 2019
Ok
Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by tempest69: 10:56am On Jan 31, 2019
He also told us no big deal in investing Anambra state funds in a company he has interest. Atiku also said selling $3.5 billion ALSCON for $250 million dollars was a mistake. He also said Obasanjo ate his words against him in his book. These are thieves!

11 Likes

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by superlanny(m): 10:57am On Jan 31, 2019
Those people against Buhari will be amazed at the support he is getting against all odds, they have called us zombie and we will gladly be zombies, because our patriotic and moral compass is working excellently, they said Buhari died, but God had other plans, they said he is a clone(jubril), but we know they are just acting normal(stupid), what this wailers and ipob pigs don't realise is that they are making Buhari larger than life, by the constant hatred and lies they level against him, I realize corruption can never be eradicated in Nigeria, as it cannot in other parts of the world too, but it can be minimal, while growing up I saw corruption as a norm, the few were feeding of the wealth of many and leaving the scraps for a good number of others, we didn't know we were eating up our future, yes I will blame PDP, because what we are passing through today is as a result of the massive corruption and embezzlement of the nation's resources that collapsed the economy, brought about poverty and unemployment, critical infrastructure was abandoned midway, etc. And yet a certain Atiku.....omg ATIKU wants to be President, if I start listing all of his misgivings illl be writing a book, but we all know how yahoo boys are learners where Atiku dey. This is the man PDP and ipob pigs want as their leader, I cannot help but to address them as idiotic and lacking common sense.Watching the candidates yesterday was a reminder of who Atiku really is and the interviewer was only asking questions millions of Nigerians want him to answer, abeg did she lie against him, everything was true and he didn't deny a thing. Nigerians wake up, we cannot go back when we have come this far, people are afraid to steal our money now as at before, Buhari is no magician that can reverse all the wrongs that put us in a downward spiral, we gave PDP 16years and they efficiently enriched themselves and their families, don't you want a future for you children, I may and may not make it to dream Nigeria, but I want a leader I can trust who will make stealing a crime and future generations know, Buhari will go down in history as a Hero. Let me end this by saying that all of you that want to cause violence this coming election should use their brains, I can bet you that 99% of the children and families of this politicians are abroad, but you they will give 5k to kill yourselves and cause violence, Nigerians be wise.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by Jorussia(m): 10:58am On Jan 31, 2019
The truth is PMB is still the best for Nigeria at this present time despite all his short falls.I have been following Atiku Abubakar since he became the Presidential candidate of PDP,and i must confess that he has not impressed me one bit.His restructuring agenda is nebulous,economic agenda is not practicable in the present Nigeria economic condition of low oil revenue.The eloquent economic rhetorics of Peter obi,lacks substance when critically and unbiasedly analysed.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by respectk(f): 10:59am On Jan 31, 2019
aboki na aboki

3 Likes

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by theoldpretender(m): 10:59am On Jan 31, 2019
Hmmm

Eventually, we are going to do two things in this country...and by extension the whole of Africa because there are countries with two or three tribes that like ehrding cattle (Infact part of South Sudan's problems are due to cattle related problems)

1.Massive grazing ranches...to be run as cooperatives,set up in the far North...with the aim of supplying an agro allied industry and dairy industry. Each and every of these ranches would be linked to the railway network for easy transport of export related products.

2.Additonally, we have to fix the railways.

The era of roaming around with cow is at an end.Our populaiton is now 200million. Back in 1963 we were 55 million,and our railways were already trasporting cow realted products to the South. Too bad mismanagement in the 1970's led to the problems we have today.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by Kagawa10: 10:59am On Jan 31, 2019
Not a surprise. Atiku's cows still roam about and he's in support as shown by his previous statement regarding to how the farmers caused the clash because they erased old grazing route. I won't be surprised if he's the one enabling the herdsmen to disrupt this admnistration while knowing that Buhari would be sympathetic to his kinsmen. Atiku is that desperate.

No way would we allow two unorganised dullards get into a position 1 and 2 in this country. We already had that with Jonathan and Sambo.

Pdp, neva again. Yeye dey smell.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 31, 2019
Oya wailers over to una grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by STANSTILL: 11:00am On Jan 31, 2019
Ray97:
LOL i wonder how samuel ortom will react to this. because he has been telling benue people that atiku is not going to handle the case like buhari. now atiku is saying right to movement is in the constitution... that is fulani can move about with them cow
he is using his mouth 2 campaign 4 pmb we can not vote 4 him pmb we know

3 Likes

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by magzey: 11:00am On Jan 31, 2019
This ATIKU will take Nigeria backward. The guy strategy is Empty. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by abc115: 11:01am On Jan 31, 2019
superlanny:
Those people against Buhari will be amazed at the support he is getting against all odds, they have called us zombie and we will gladly be zombies, because our patriotic and moral compass is working excellently, they said Buhari died, but God had other plans, they said he is a clone(jubril), but we know they are just acting normal(stupid), what this wailers and ipob pigs don't realise is that they are making Buhari larger than life, by the constant hatred and lies they level against him, I realize corruption can never be eradicated in Nigeria, as it cannot in other parts of the world too, but it can be minimal, while growing up I saw corruption as a norm, the few were feeding of the wealth of many and leaving the scraps for a good number of others, we didn't know we were eating up our future, yes I will blame PDP, because what we are passing through today is as a result of the massive corruption and embezzlement of the nation's resources that collapsed the economy, brought about poverty and unemployment, critical infrastructure was abandoned midway, etc. And yet a certain Atiku.....omg ATIKU wants to be President, if I start listing all of his misgivings illl be writing a book, but we all know how yahoo boys are learners where Atiku dey. This is the man PDP and ipob pigs want as their leader, I cannot help but to address them as idiotic and lacking common sense.Watching the candidates yesterday was a reminder of who Atiku really is and the interviewer was only asking questions millions of Nigerians want him to answer, abeg did she lie against him, everything was true and he didn't deny a thing. Nigerians wake up, we cannot go back when we have come this far, people are afraid to steal our money now as at before, Buhari is no magician that can reverse all the wrongs that put us in a downward spiral, we gave PDP 16years and they efficiently enriched themselves and their families, don't you want a future for you children, I may and may not make it to dream Nigeria, but I want a leader I can trust who will make stealing a crime and future generations know, Buhari will go down in history as a Hero. Let me end this by saying that all of you that want to cause violence this coming election should use their brains, I can bet you that 99% of the children and families of this politicians are abroad, but you they will give 5k to kill yourselves and cause violence, Nigerians be wise.

I will use this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by sureheaven(m): 11:01am On Jan 31, 2019
Should Atiku wins this election, many will be roasted alive for sale.

I've said it, Atiku is the worst perfect definition of buhari. In fact he can't be as disciplined as buhari, he can't take or accepts criticisms the way buhari has been accepting them.

Herdsmen crises, Boko Haram, Igbos, cultism and wosrt ritualism would happen under him.

3 Likes

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by Pavore9: 11:02am On Jan 31, 2019
Hmm....What will Fayose and Ortom say to this? cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by abc115: 11:03am On Jan 31, 2019
[[s]quote author=SalamRushdie post=75285698]Till killer herdsmen are documented and completely disarmed anti grazing bills are going no where . You can't just walk into any state with an AK47 slung across your dry chest in the name of grazing [/quote][/s]
You are hypocritical. ..No principle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku by Omeokachie: 11:04am On Jan 31, 2019
States will legislate laws according to how they want to be governed.
No going back on antigrazing laws in those states.

However, there is ample grazing lands in Epe and Ikorodu for cattle grazing.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Lawal Shuaibu To APC NWC: You Lack Powers To Investigate, Punish Me / Governor El-rufai Receives Chieftaincy Title In Southern Kaduna / Umahi Says SE Governors, Ohanaeze, Senators To Meet President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.