Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,500 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Madam Tinubu, The vilest among Women - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Madam Tinubu, The vilest among Women (4015 Views)

Madam Tinubu Was A Slave Trader; FFK was right! / Time to tear down Madam Tinubu's statue / FFK: Pull Down The Statue Of Tinubu, The Slave Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Madam Tinubu, The vilest among Women by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
The fear of Tinubu is the beginning of wisdom grin

1 Like

Re: Madam Tinubu, The vilest among Women by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 12, 2020
OK2NVME:

Yaribanzas are a mutt breed of Awusa, Nupe and Yaribanza slaves.

I am Yoruba ,but my grandmother is Hausa, so I am quarter Hausa.
Re: Madam Tinubu, The vilest among Women by Nobody: 2:11am On Jun 12, 2020
It's a pity that some people on nairaland are wired to fight over nothing meaningful. How come this Yoruba/Igbo fight grew worse these days?
These faceless struggling citizens have become dice on the ludo board of politicians.
Another election is on its way and we can as well vote for those who will keep us jobless and later most will come here to fight themselves.
OUR LEADERS HAVE FAILED US!
Re: Madam Tinubu, The vilest among Women by Nobody: 2:44am On Jun 12, 2020
happybrother:
It's a pity that some people on nairaland are wired to fight over nothing meaningful. How come this Yoruba/Igbo fight grew worse these days?
These faceless struggling citizens have become dice on the ludo board of politicians.
Another election is on its way and we can as well vote for those who will keep us jobless and later most will come here to fight themselves.
OUR LEADERS HAVE FAILED US!

Blame the igbos (mainly Kanu and his gullible cohorts), they’ve spread lies about us calling us betrayers, and all sorts of names. There is this weird diabolic movement to vilify and demonise Yorubas, which includes spreading of false information and use of propaganda all in the name of achieving Biafra, like we’re the ones in the way.

We Yorubas are merely defending ourselves, enough with smiling in our faces, to then go online to spew hatred on us, enough of the cyber bullying because unlike the Northerners, we won’t keep quiet, we respond in kind.

2 Likes

Re: Madam Tinubu, The vilest among Women by Ekwutox: 4:12am On Jun 12, 2020
Na wa oo. Op thank you for this, I really learnt a lot.

This is one of the reasons why history was banned from school. Look at how this Afonja woman used her people to gather wealth.

Yoruba people will avoid this thread like a plague.

1 Like

Re: Madam Tinubu, The vilest among Women by OK2NVME: 8:38am On Jun 12, 2020
[s]
DuwaRepublic:

Blame the igbos (mainly Kanu and his gullible cohorts), they’ve spread lies about us calling us betrayers, and all sorts of names. There is this weird diabolic movement to vilify and demonise Yorubas, which includes spreading of false information and use of propaganda all in the name of achieving Biafra, like we’re the ones in the way.

We Yorubas are merely defending ourselves, enough with smiling in our faces, to then go online to spew hatred on us, enough of the cyber bullying because unlike the Northerners, we won’t keep quiet, we respond in kind.
[/s]
Re: Madam Tinubu, The vilest among Women by OK2NVME: 8:40am On Jun 12, 2020
[s]
MuchAdo:
I can see a pigidiottt loitering all over the thread ranting nonsense.

I don't take prisoners!
[/s]

Address the issue.

I presented to you one of your slave masters and you are ranting about Igbos
Re: Madam Tinubu, The vilest among Women by OK2NVME: 8:53am On Jun 12, 2020
The Black Widow Slaver & Arms Dealer

Efunroye had several marriages and few children, and a few of her husbands are known to have mysteriously died.

According to traditional stories, Madam Efunroye used her charms to seduce men of power to climb up the social ladder because she was not physically attractive. After her first husband died leaving her with two sons (who also later died of malaria), Madam Efunroye remarried the exiled Oba Adele Ajosun in 1833 who, while visiting Abeokuta, was allegedly charmed by Tinubu.

Efunroye moved with the exiled Oba to Badagry, which was traditionally the place of refuge for Lagos monarchs.

Madam Tinubu arrived in Badagry at a time when the then illegal Atlantic slave trade was peaking on the eastern Slave Coast. She used two slaves, allegedly a gift from her father, to trade between Abeokuta and the coast in slaves and other commodities. Never again blessed with children, she invested her growing income from trade in slaves and other retainers, beginning the process of amassing personal followers and expanding her commercial operations.

In 1835, her husband the exiled Oba Adele Ajosun was invited by the chief kingmaker to become Oba (king) again after Oba Idewu, died and Tinubu accompanied him as a royal wife.

Madam Efunroye continued in local slave trading and extended her prowess into tobacco and salt. Following her husband’s death two years later, she reportedly used her influence to install her stepson Oluwole as the Oba of Lagos over that of Kosoko’s ensuring her continued access to the commercial and other advantages associated with royal patronage.

Shortly after, she married her dead husband’s military advisor, Yesefu Bada.

Madam Efunroye continued to extend her trade and ventured into the palm wine business. Through her marriage to the military advisor, she established contact and trading partnership with the Brazilian, Portuguese and other European traders.

Madam Tinubu created a monopoly in the palm oil business and in slave trade as-well.

The ammunition she got from selling slaves were used in the Yoruba wars of 1840s and 1850s.
Re: Madam Tinubu, The vilest among Women by OK2NVME: 8:58am On Jun 12, 2020
Tear down this witch's statue

Re: Madam Tinubu, The vilest among Women by MuchAdo: 1:02pm On Jun 12, 2020
OK2NVME:
[s][/s]

Address the issue.

I presented to you one of your slave masters and you are ranting about Igbos

Where is the issue
Re: Madam Tinubu, The vilest among Women by MagicBishop: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2020
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo Charges Govt Agencies To Reduce Regulation Bottleneck For Exporters / After Leaking Incident, Tinubu Rushed To A Toilet In New Video As Aides Panic / “I Want To Have Sex With Tinubu” – Nigerian Woman Cries Out (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.