Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,349 members, 7,846,511 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? (39183 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by nothingspoil70: 9:34am On Feb 01, 2019
When 150 SANS ( professional liars) are helping you with your case, you will surely have enough alibi to exonerate yourself

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by ZinoFasisi: 9:34am On Feb 01, 2019
Men am feeling this thread ooo. See all of dem be acting like lawyers. I hate that profession en, cos all of dem be feeling smart when in fact dem all be liars, dem go first dey systematically dodge question, when dem no fit dodge again dem twist twist answer tantamount to lying, if that no work: NO CASE SUBMITTION

Lawyers = Smart Grand Masters or LIERS

I know say this man steal 7Billion cos he tell me
I go cult (cos no reasonable Court 4 Naija) try to prove say na lie e no steal am
Dem bring evidence, I twist case
Dem dey prove evidence I say: No case submittion
Dem prove beyond reasonable doubt, I ask for option of Fine for a GRAND thief

Me I canno do it ooo, Ordinary Yahoo of 1$, my conscience will not let me sleep, if i do dis 1 I will just die of Guilt

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by bluecircle470: 9:35am On Feb 01, 2019
CityNGR:
THAT IS NOT HIS ACCOUNT BALANCE!!

The relevant section of CCB act states that if a public servant forgets to include any of his assets at the time of filling his form, he could be reminded later. When he admits, the right thing to do is to update the record. However, if he denied ownership, the fellow is then charged to CCT.
More importantly, is it the 2* $10,000 that have turned to millions of dollars? Where is N900 million in that statement?
People who can kill human beings because of cows can do anything to anybody

You dey craze

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by pryme(m): 9:37am On Feb 01, 2019
neyobills:

From a reliable source the meeting was postponed indefinitely on the 15th of Jan(if thats what u meant by "date the NJC was suspended )and the CCT doesn't have the jurisdiction to serve Onnoghen notice which make it null and void so why care about the date?

Pls don't forget the CCT was formed directly from the constitution strictly to handle matters like this (which means its also in the same constitution you are using).

And pls be well aware that the CJN saga started on the 9th of January, and the NJC was postponed indefinitely on the 15th of January, so are you saying the NJC was postponed before the CJN saga started?

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by hustler2828: 9:37am On Feb 01, 2019
I sorry for una well well Onoghen, Buhari, and all other rogues called politicians are busy enjoying their lives with their families. And you are all here quoting stupid laws, and arguing nonsense with your cheap phones and 2mb subscriptions.
Do these people give a bleep about your esxistence? Nigeria politicians are not worth arguing for. They are all thieves. Non is without sin down from the highest office in the country to the lowest, they are criminals.

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by ratcockoduduwa: 9:38am On Feb 01, 2019
weownthewest:
I will say it again for people to hear buhri's level of understanding can be likened to that of a cow. Same applies to every follower of the lifeless one.
Cow ke? Even cows are more intelligent than the lifeless one. He should be placed amongst the goats category.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by peacettw: 9:39am On Feb 01, 2019
nothingspoil70:
When 150 SANS ( professional liars) are helping you with your case, you will surely have enough alibi to exonerate yourself

I was just about to say something of a similar note. You will be shocked at how every dollar will now be accounted for and to boot, lots of evidences. I guess the soft landing is not working out so well.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by ruffDiamond: 9:40am On Feb 01, 2019
OLE! the GUILTY will ALWAYS BE AFRAID!!!-James hardly chase

justice for sale!!!! see face,,those SS and SE are something else I swear..no iota of SCRUPLE AND CONSCIENCE at all!!!! anything for the filthy LUCRE!!!worthless POS!
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by 9jaRealist: 9:40am On Feb 01, 2019
The matter is now before the CCT (as provided by Schedules 3 and 5 to the Constitution), so why are Internet Lawyers killing themselves?

Meanwhile, without prejudice to Onnoghen’s case, if it is indeed correct that the penalty for NOT declaring any of your assets is simply to “correct” your false declaration (in effect, falsity by omission rather by commission) when you are caught and/or charged, then the law is a toothless one and little wonder that it does little or nothing to deter corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by olajide8(m): 9:41am On Feb 01, 2019
omonaijiria:

Did you read at all.

He refilled another form which is the normal thing to do. Stating everything.

What is the crime there.

Zombies please stop misleading the public

I don't think you understand the import of the action and the fallacy of the response - every 4yrs a public servant is supposed to refill or submit his asset declaration - underline 4yrs ample time to do the necessary - he was at a certain time during the said period 2nd or 3rd in line to the office of the cjn which falls within that time frame, do you know how many T.A's and P.A's they have that tend to all their basic needs? They don't go to the bank they don't need it, sometimes they don't know when their cars are fueled, maintained etc that apart, do you think any armed robber caught for any offense doesn't have a tangible reason why they did what they did? - if you don't know, go and observe any court trial or ruling and you would marvel at reason they adduce to reason behind offenses, from hunger, to need for money to pay hospital bills because their wife gave birth and they need money to pay for the bills for an operation, to revenge cases, or the main one the devil-

Just in case you don't know - it was discovered that some of these justices are actually, involved in money laundering, how do you prosecute or even think about the face of what is right "the Law himself" having stints and stains - I advise you to think

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by TB27: 9:43am On Feb 01, 2019
Orpe7:

And u believe him
Why the moves of a guilty person after he was caught

Caught doing what precisely if I may ask. He never denied the accounts, he owned up to them far back as 2016 now he’s been put on trial for no reason apparently & you say he shld just quietly walk to the slaughtering house.

It’s his name he’s fighting for here. And yea I believe him

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by gabbasin(m): 9:45am On Feb 01, 2019
An after thought response
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by anonymous1759(m): 9:45am On Feb 01, 2019
Even if Onoghen admits that's he's guilty without the CCT judge saying a word some people will still depends him. I don't have time to for this onoghen's Case again it's making me feel jobless let me concentrate on my life.
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by ITbomb(m): 9:46am On Feb 01, 2019
Hmm

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by senatordave1(m): 9:47am On Feb 01, 2019
With this,he has partially indicted himself.plus,the njc are also investigating him and tanko behind the scenes and will compare and contrast
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by neyobills: 9:49am On Feb 01, 2019
pryme:

Pls don't forget the CCT was formed directly from the constitution strictly to handle matters like this (which means its also in the same constitution you are using).

And pls be well aware that the CJN saga started on the 9th of January, and the NJC was postponed indefinitely on the 15th of January, so are you saying the NJC was postponed before the CJN saga started?

Pls don't forget the CCT is not the supreme court which is the apex court in Nigeria and every court or tribunal has their jurisdictions,let's assume the CCT was right which there are not in this case,a supreme court order could upturn their judgement.

And pls be well aware the NJC meeting is not your village square meeting or beer parlour meeting,they would have been duly served notice on the agenda of the meeting way before the date of the meeting so therefore if they do not duly petition the NJC in writing there is absolutely nothing to talk about,grow up dude,this is not a "my daddy so wipe" meeting.

Whatever date the saga started is inconsequential until the NJC has a formal notice.

Have u ever been privileged to attend a REAL meeting,not omo onile meeting oo

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 01, 2019
QuotaSystem:

I'm glad you can now see that Onnoghen is FAR from innocent and is indeed a TYRANT for trying to frustrate his case by indefinitely postponing NJC sittings when they were supposed to look into the allegations against him, thereby ABUSING the constitutionally required process.

Your thread is dead on arrival.

Save your energy for Suspect Onnoghens trial.

Bye.

Onnoghen is not a suspect, he's worse than that. He's an Accused person.

Accused ni Onnoghen

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Boyooosa(m): 9:55am On Feb 01, 2019
CityNGR:
THAT IS NOT HIS ACCOUNT BALANCE!!

The relevant section of CCB act states that if a public servant forgets to include any of his assets at the time of filling his form, he could be reminded later. When he admits, the right thing to do is to update the record. However, if he denied ownership, the fellow is then charged to CCT.
More importantly, is it the 2* $10,000 that have turned to millions of dollars? Where is N900 million in that statement?
People who can kill human beings because of cows can do anything to anybody
My brother, be intelligent.
You don't expect someone that is that exposed to the weaknesses of Nigerian law and lapses of her constitution to play guilt just like that
Note: that was his first statement after allegation (I don't think ull be that jonz to believe that he will make a straight confessional statement)
U should also find out that after that statatement, he has been further charged on 6 counts. (MW, no response has bn availed online yet). Let us avoid these people playing us around like ball all in the name of 'learned colleagues' they address themselves.
Politics is different from integrity and politicians are different from Justice; one is a voluntary career and the latter is a profession of divination.
Check out the date of the first deposit in that account after declaration (28/6/11), it coincides with exactly one month after the political aspirants that won elections that year were sworn in. Another in same scheming came in exactly after a month also (27/7/11). And he did not state it anywhere that such funds have been coming in or came in at any point in time since 1989 he stopped private practise. Lies can never be perfect.
Findings later revealed that he also owns estates that were not declared, he allegedly owns cash balance in other various accounts running to millions of naira. All these are facts of concern to any reasonable person and most esp a responsible govt. All these are to be clarified before the embattled fmr CJN ought to be vindicated
Now, going by norm, and even law, an accused can't be a judge in his own case, the more reason he was relieved of that position to allow thorough investigation without tamper.
In the absence of specified or stated process of CJN's suspension in the constitution, logic plays a role. More so, the CCT as established by the Nigerian constitution, has the right to issue exparte order to the executive for them to function effectively (since its a case that has to do with public office holder as scheduled in the constitution). The executive left with little or no option executed the order for progressive result.
Me, I dont personally blame the timing for that but rather, the laxity from the CJN, either with ulterior motive or intended foul; he ought to be scolded for that adequately!

5 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 01, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

The appeal court is not the highest court in Nigeria you know? Am sure the case is already at the supreme court as we speak

i notice people on nairaland are always living in a world void of reality ... any sane mind by now should av knwn onnoghen cannt be reinstated ... must we argue that.. nigerians have moved on again !

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by ashjay001(m): 10:00am On Feb 01, 2019
CityNGR:

GUILTY FOR?

I bet you, up to 90% of those accusing CJN online and on TV sets have not read the details of this response, neither have they read section 3 of the CCB Act.
The only thing they borrowed from FG is that the man said he forgot to declare his asset, when? They don’t know. They believe he never declared it, and that he operates foreign account, while the man has only domicilary account, not a foreign bank account.
They even believe that the man has 100 million dollars in his account...
I tell you these people have been so brainwashed and programmed to shout corruption, whenever you are not aligned with Buhari; on the other hand they ask for proof, if Buhari’s allies are accused; when you bring the proof, they tell you it is doctored

So, a chief justice of a federation, is allowed to leave some assets undeclared? He forgot to declare accounts which he had to lodge in $10000, every few hours, to avoid being reported to d efcc?

U're allowed to be naive sha, but preaching ur naivety and hope for followers ehn, na dat one go hard

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Bestbeelieve: 10:06am On Feb 01, 2019
Truth is most people have a substance called a brain but its amazingly of a low IQ compared to animals!!smh!
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by michoim(m): 10:06am On Feb 01, 2019
He started cooking lies abi...
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by omonaijiria: 10:11am On Feb 01, 2019
olajide8:

I don't think you understand the import of the action and the fallacy of the response - every 4yrs a public servant is supposed to refill or submit his asset declaration - underline 4yrs ample time to do the necessary - he was at a certain time during the said period 2nd or 3rd in line to the office of the cjn which falls within that time frame, do you know how many T.A's and P.A's they have that tend to all their basic needs? They don't go to the bank they don't need it, sometimes they don't know when their cars are fueled, maintained etc that apart, do you think any armed robber caught for any offense doesn't have a tangible reason why they did what they did? - if you don't know, go and observe any court trial or ruling and you would marvel at reason they adduce to reason behind offenses, from hunger, to need for money to pay hospital bills because their wife gave birth and they need money to pay for the bills for an operation, to revenge cases, or the main one the devil-

Just in case you don't know - it was discovered that some of these justices are actually, involved in money laundering, how do you prosecute or even think about the face of what is right "the Law himself" having stints and stains - I advise you to think

And where was it stated that he did not fill the form when his attention was pointed to it.

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by omonaijiria: 10:12am On Feb 01, 2019
ashjay001:

So, a chief justice of a federation, is allowed to leave some assets undeclared? He forgot to declare accounts which he had to lodge in $10000, every few hours, to avoid being reported to d efcc?

U're allowed to be naive sha, but preaching ur naivety and hope for followers ehn, na dat one go hard

Did he fill them in the new declaration or not and did he not refill the account in the old form .
Get out of here jare

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Numlock: 10:13am On Feb 01, 2019
Caseless:

This man no get shame. Foreign currencies gotten from where?

I know say one person go just come from no where come display the ogapatapata of mumu aka zombie.

4 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by omonaijiria: 10:17am On Feb 01, 2019
neyobills:

Pls don't forget the CCT is not the supreme court which is the apex court in Nigeria and every court or tribunal has their jurisdictions,let's assume the CCT was right which there are not in this case,a supreme court order could upturn their judgement.

And pls be well aware the NJC meeting is not your village square meeting or beer parlour meeting,they would have been duly served notice on the agenda of the meeting way before the date of the meeting so therefore if they do not duly petition the NJC in writing there is absolutely nothing to talk about,grow up dude,this is not a "my daddy so wipe" meeting.

Whatever date the saga started is inconsequential until the NJC has a formal notice.

TILL NOW NJC had not even been served with the said CCT initial NGO letter.

Its new letter from another new NGO from Kano that was served to NJC on Monday ahead of their Tuesday meeting

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by neyobills: 10:18am On Feb 01, 2019
ashjay001:

So because a CJN forgot to declare his assets which he has however updated in his most recent declaration of assets we should take him to the electric chair when the law clearly gives no penalty?

Its a civil case and not a criminal case in the first instance and last time I checked there is no crime in lodging $10k in your account every min as long as the funds are not proceeds of crime,however if u feel otherwise then bring on proof.

You are naive unfortunately feeling like a smart Alec,if we found out tomorrow that Onnoghen was the one that killed both Abacha and Bola Ige in afraid we would still have to go the same way of having to petition the NJC,you have a problem with that call for an amendment of the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by omonaijiria: 10:18am On Feb 01, 2019
Caseless:

This man no get shame. Foreign currencies gotten from where?

No wonder they call you people zombies.

Zombies cannot read and understand on their own.

It is what there master dictate to them that they do

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

36 States Governors Meet President Bola Tinubu In Aso Rock / Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com / Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.