Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,276 members, 7,833,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi (60415 Views)

"I Inherited All The Assets And Liabilities Of Buhari" - Tinubu (video) / THROWBACK; I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents - Peter Obi / APC Lie: Peter Obi Never Said He Inherited $170 million From His Parents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Indispensable85(m): 9:31am On Feb 01, 2019
This Obi is a bloody liar!

3 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by zoghys: 9:32am On Feb 01, 2019
How stupid do you think we are??. And to think, these are the sets of people talking about liberating us in laughable. Na dem dem, taking us back another 16 years.

3 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by franchasng: 9:34am On Feb 01, 2019
lecowas:

Okay. But personally I believe 70% of my struggle is because of my kids.
In as much, don't let the wealth you will make in future or now destroy the future of your kids by spoiling them with money and turning them to lazy rich kids who can't maintain their father's wealth after he is gone, that is why wise rich people ensure their kids are not exposed to easy money they didn't labor for, but rather teach them the need to work hard/smart to make their own money, that way, they will be prepared of future challenges even when you are gone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by franchasng: 9:40am On Feb 01, 2019
michealewela:

Former governor of one of the richest states in South East trying to hide his wealth from who??
Nigerians.....
Peter Obi is not your Nigerian-governor kind of sudden stolen rich, he is rich in an international measure....if not for politics and his secret/frugal way of life, he should be named along side people like Dangote, Adenuga, not some corrupt filthy Nigerian politicians like Rochas, Thiefnnubu, El Rufai, Ohakim, Oshiomhole, etc who became rich by swallowing state allocation, that's what I mean, and that's why most Nigerian politicians fear and respect Peter Obi, they know he is rich from birth and then worked extra hard to even acquire his own personal wealth aside the wealth of his parents, get that angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by emerged01(m): 9:42am On Feb 01, 2019
franchasng:
His family own Fidelity bank, and the bank has been in existence before he became Anambra governor.

His parents were so rich yet frugal, reason Peter Obi too lives a frugal life despite their wealth.

He is born with diamond spoon, no doubt about that, you can make research.

His family should be among the richest families in Nigeria if a clear financial info of all so called Nigerian billionaires are published, Peter Obi should be among.

Atiku knew why he chose him against the wish of PDP governors
I'm not doubting his family's wealth. If there is no ulterior motive,he won't invest state money in family business? The reason he said he did was because he want Anambra people to benefit. As a matter fact,Anambra may benefit but not up to what he benefitted. Believe me!

Obi won't say it,the reason obi moved to PDP is best known between GEJ and Obi. My reason,"Federal fund in Fidelity". Now if Buhari want pull out federal fund in Fidelity,there won't be anything like Fidelity. Make your research.

Truly,If Buhari fights corruption as he supposes to,Nigeria would have collapsed. The foundation of Nigeria is laid on corruption.

3 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by feelings1: 9:50am On Feb 01, 2019
AmarachiNnoli:
Peter Obi after claiming that he made his own money has revealed that he inherited about $170 million US dollars from his parents and that the money has grown to about $561 million dollars. Peter Obi said this in response to a question on “The candidate”, an Nta presidential program. Peter Obi was asked why he invested $30million of Anambra State funds in a company owned by him. In response peter claimed the company belonged to his parents and that because he knows the future of this company, he had to invest 15% of the company’s shares at $30million for anambra people and 85% remained with his family. He also explained that there has been a 3.3% growth that has seen anambra state’s 15% share value hit $100 million dollars whereas that of his parents gone up to $561 million dollars.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/30/peter-obi-questioned-why-he-invested-30m-state-funds-company-where-his-family-owns-shares

Fake news. He didn't say that. The full video is in public domain. Liesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss from APC.

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Brightest04(m): 9:55am On Feb 01, 2019
...And who are his parents? I think we ought to know them to check on their financial worth if actually they worth that much.
...I can see another crudely fabricated lie.

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by bluecircle470: 10:01am On Feb 01, 2019
TEDHorsePower:
Its true, Peter Obi's father was a very rich man in the 60s, 70s and 80s. He has so many properties in choice areas of Onitsha and Lagos.

Linus Property manager!
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by franchasng: 10:02am On Feb 01, 2019
emerged01:

I'm not doubting his family's wealth. If there is no ulterior motive,he won't invest state money in family business? The reason he said he did was because he want Anambra people to benefit. As a matter fact,Anambra may benefit but not up to what he benefitted. Believe me!

Obi won't say it,the reason obi moved to PDP is best known between GEJ and Obi. My reason,"Federal fund in Fidelity". Now if Buhari want pull out federal fund in Fidelity,there won't be anything like Fidelity. Make your research.

Truly,If Buhari fights corruption as he supposes to,Nigeria would have collapsed. The foundation of Nigeria is laid on corruption.
Not true sir, Fidelity bank is Nigeria's Number 1 SME and industry bank that houses and finances 90% of private companies, corporations and businesses in Nigeria....so if FG decides to pull out their fund in Fidelity bank, private organizations fund make majority of Fidelity bank's business, so it won't shake them....it is banks like Wema Bank that such decision will affect not Fidelity bank or even GTBank undecided

As for investing state money in the Brewery company his family owns a major share, there is nothing bad in it so long as they didn't run into loss and the state assembly as at then approved it....he didn't loot the money like most Nigerian governors and presidents do....he rather invested the state money wisely in a thriving business he saw good future in....which is commendable....

Would it had been better he invested Anambra state money in USA or Canada or Dubai or used it to buy houses abroad

Remember, the brewery have plant in Anambra and also employ Anambra people....providing many direct and indirect jobs for them and also yielding them profit.

See bro, if Nigerians have sense at and love Nigeria's future, they should vote for Atiku-Obi to help clean up the economy mess Buhari brought upon Nigeria if not, Nigeria's future looks so bleak like that of Venezuela with Buhari in power for another 4 years, bookmark this page cry

3 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by gudugudumeje: 10:04am On Feb 01, 2019
This is unbelievable. Are his parents drug barons and, or world top-class lottery winners...
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by jaszplus12(m): 10:08am On Feb 01, 2019
Kaiiiiiiiiiii...I'd never thought I will read this...Obi had always had my respect...I actually believed he was truthful and honest and felt he had been attached to a crook and dishonest Atiku...but recently he's shown me he's not as I thought him to be...
For God's sake how on Earth did he inherit this kind of amount of money? How much does his father's bank account contain? What kind of business have his family been running over the last 40 years for instance? How many children are involved in the sharing of inheritance? How much did each get?
Please Obi do not get involved with politics and destroy the belief people have in you...
But I guess it's too late...
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by vioment: 10:10am On Feb 01, 2019
This is why i will vote sowore. I cannot vote for stark incompetence or mega planned thievery.

Nigeria must grow.

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by bluefilm: 10:17am On Feb 01, 2019
Hmm... so Obi na money man sef?

Me, I know no before.

Abeg who know weda the man get any fine daughter sef?

Make I go try my luck na. wink

Meanwhile... make una no go tell am say me I talk say nothing on earth go ever make me vote for am.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 01, 2019
yasolan:
So much for a man that his kids don't have a car
Does it add up?

Check Obi's convoy, he is always using a Prado Jeep. Is it because he cannot afford Rolls Royce or Bentley Bentayga ?No. It's called Prudential spending.

There are multi millionaires who won't buy cars for their kids. They jump Keke every morning to attend lectures in universities. I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 01, 2019

2 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by infinix(m): 10:39am On Feb 01, 2019
Imortal001:
The combo of Atiku and obiliar will be a disaster to nigerian, so we are using our head so as not to fall on pdp trap. Obiliar u inherit $170m from ur parent after or before u put in $30m of anambra state money in that business? i dont believe this ur cock and bull story.
after watching the candidate, nigeria has decide to stick with PMB..

YOU ARE HIGH ON LOUD...
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Cyberleets: 10:42am On Feb 01, 2019
15ssDRIVE:

Boss,
To give 1 of your child 170M$,you must be a billionaire in $.

Abeg tell us about Peter Obi’s Parent..... we are craving for some good knowledge.

Please !!!
170m $ was not in cash sir..but in investment.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by maimalari: 10:51am On Feb 01, 2019
Naughtysite:

Travel to Enugu, you will see people living in mansions in Independence layout who don't buy cars for their kids. Their kids actually know how to drive but they fly Keke napep to ESUT and IMT.

Some of you never see money before.
You're talking about students. Obi's children have long done youth service.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by emerged01(m): 10:55am On Feb 01, 2019
franchasng:
Not true sir, Fidelity bank is Nigeria's Number 1 SME and industry bank that houses and finances 90% of private companies, corporations and businesses in Nigeria....so if FG decides to pull out their fund in Fidelity bank, private organizations fund make majority of Fidelity bank's business, so it won't shake them....it is banks like Wema Bank that such decision will affect not Fidelity bank or even GTBank undecided

As for investing state money in the Brewery company his family owns a major share, there is nothing bad in it so long as they didn't run into loss and the state assembly as at then approved it....he didn't loot the money like most Nigerian governors and presidents do....he rather invested the state money wisely in a thriving business he saw good future in....which is commendable....

Would it had been better he invested Anambra state money in USA or Canada or Dubai or used it to buy houses abroad

Remember, the brewery have plant in Anambra and also employ Anambra people....providing many direct and indirect jobs for them and also yielding them profit.

See bro, if Nigerians have sense at and love Nigeria's future, they should vote for Atiku-Obi to help clean up the economy mess Buhari brought upon Nigeria if not, Nigeria's future looks so bleak like that of Venezuela with Buhari in power for another 4 years, bookmark this page cry
I like your response but still this is Nigeria.
Well,Atiku and Buhari are two bad choices. What we need is new blood in the system.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by naijapips02: 11:03am On Feb 01, 2019
Peter obi never said these things.

Nairaland will have to be sued for tarnishing an innocent man's image.

https://www.nairaland.com/4996104/apc-lie-peter-obi-never
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by chiangwar: 11:15am On Feb 01, 2019
Peter Obi is not like Buhari that has 150 cows years after years those cows are unproductive
So what nonsense are you talking about? Nigerian has made up their mind on voting out Buhari
#BNWA

Imortal001:
The combo of Atiku and obiliar will be a disaster to nigerian, so we are using our head so as not to fall on pdp trap. Obiliar u inherit $170m from ur parent after or before u put in $30m of anambra state money in that business? i dont believe this ur cock and bull story.
after watching the candidate, nigeria has decide to stick with PMB..

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by 15ssDRIVE(m): 11:16am On Feb 01, 2019
Cyberleets:

170m $ was not in cash sir..but in investment.

Ok Sir,
Cashable
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by franchasng: 11:23am On Feb 01, 2019
emerged01:

I like your response but still this is Nigeria.
Well,Atiku and Buhari are two bad choices. What we need is new blood in the system.
Agreed, but Atiku is far far better than Buhari.

Buhari is not in charge, his cousins and diabolical relatives have taken over the government and making things worst and taking decisions for 180million+ Nigerians while presenting Buhari as a figure head.

They have caged him with Marabouts (jazzmen), that's why Aisha Buhari's wife has been screaming but Nigerians don't want to listen to the wife of President that knows better...what other signs do Nigerians want to see and know Buhari is a failure

Atiku is still hail hearty and isn't answerable to any godfather or cabals....you can see how Atiku shocked all PDP thief-thief governors and appointed a VP by himself without waiting for anybody to nominate one for him.

Atiku is far far better than Buhari and we need to try him and see, if he messes up like Buhari, we try another person....until we get it right, we can't take because of fear of unknown and unproven armed robbery attack and remain with known robbers robbing us already, Buhari has failed, he should go.

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by michealewela: 11:35am On Feb 01, 2019
franchasng:
Peter Obi is not your Nigerian-governor kind of sudden stolen rich, he is rich in an internal measure....if not for politics and his secret/frugal way of life, he should be named along side people like Dangote, Adenuga, not some corrupt filthy Nigerian politicians like Rochas, Thiefnnubu, El Rufai, Ohakim, Shiomhole, etc who became rich by swallowing state allocation, that's what I mean, and that's why most Nigerian politicians fear and respect Peter Obi, they know he is rich from birth and then worked extra hard to even acquire his own personal wealth aside the wealth of his parents, get that angry
Yeah, like lucky Igbinedion and James Onanefe Ibori right?
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 01, 2019
emerged01:

Please expansiate this federal fund. I always knew Obi agreed for selfish reasons.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Mayor0001(m): 11:57am On Feb 01, 2019
post=75310376:
Hahahaha cheesy wink cheesy.
Anambra people, hope you guys are collecting your shares o?!
Chai. This OBITUARY guy na confirm Liar sha!! cheesy
Sitting on billions of billions and his 2 graduate sons have no cars, but walk barefoooted, and he has been using the same wrist watch for 17 years!
Only the wailing zombies will believe that as usual!

The Vice Captain of CORRUPTION FC!
Haba My Guy Are You Sure Because We Want To Cry To The Spirit Of His Father
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by nonsobaba: 12:04pm On Feb 01, 2019
Some people are still getting to know Peter Obi cheesy Thanks to this misfortune of a vice-candidacy, other Nigerians will get to know the chronic liar better cheesy Anambra suffered 8 years of excessive lying by one of the most notorious conmen to have ruled Anambra state. We are still recovering from his joke of a governance cheesy
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by kollinpowel(m): 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2019
Obi lie kill u there

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by MENTORCH(m): 12:36pm On Feb 01, 2019
EngrKem:

Be smart now, fidelity bank has been in existence long before Obi became a Governor.
Obi's family are owners of the bank

Shut up I worked in Fidelity bank for years, his family doesnt own Fidelity bank. The bank doesn’t belong to one person. He was the former chairman and youngest chairman ever, he has one of the highest shares in the bank, but not the owner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Praktikals(m): 12:46pm On Feb 01, 2019
kekakuz:
my calculator don knock
Just say 170x 363= #61b
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Praktikals(m): 12:48pm On Feb 01, 2019
Estellie:
.... No you are not using your head, Sir...

Most of you lots are just being tribalistic and religiously sentimental...... Supporting a lifeless unintelligent dictator just because he's from a particular tribe or religion...
You are wrong and your doubt will clear come feb 16-8. Jesus is lord.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abba Kyari: I Was Hushpuppi's Debt Collector - DCP Denies N8 Million Bribe / Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP / Little Niger-Delta Boy Walks Alone On A Tiny Locally-Made Bridge (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.