Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP (60396 Views)

Uche Nwosu Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP / Tambuwal Addressing His Supporters While Dumping APC For PDP / Saraki Opens Up On Dumping APC, Says "Don’t Push Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by TITOPE(m): 7:53am On Jul 30, 2019
http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/07/ambode-speaks-on-dumping-apc-for-pdp.html

Former governor of Lagos, Akinwunmi Ambode has spoken on his rumoured planned defection from the All Progressive Congress, APC, to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

There have been speculations in some quarters that Ambode was disappointed he did not make the ministerial list President Muhammadu Buhari submitted to the Nigerian Senate.

Many had thought the nation’s leader would compensate Ambode for losing his return ticket to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Buhari picked two nominees from Lagos and Ambode lost out.

Those picked were ex Lagos Governor and immediate past Minister of Works, Power and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, and the Managing Director of Nigeria Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), Sen. Olorunnimbe Mamora.

But Habib Aruna, Ambode’s spokesman, in a terse statement Monday night, said any information of his principal leaving the ruling party was “totally untrue”.

While debunking the news as an attempt to malign former Lagos helmsman, Aruna appealed to the public to disregard mischievous persons and their sponsors.

He said: “We enjoin the general public, particularly Lagosians to disregard the planted news by some faceless and mischievous individuals in some unknown blogs, who are hell bent on creating acrimonious situation, spreading fake news that the immediate past governor of Lagos State, HE. Akinwunmi Ambode has dumped the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) for the PDP.

“The news is fake. The former governor is firmly a member of APC, working in his own capacity to see that the progressive ideas and the next level agenda of President Buhari succeed”.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by sexiestharam(f): 8:03am On Jul 30, 2019
Ambode isn't going anywhere. He doesn't have the liver. Someone who could not leave when the handwritings were on the wall that his party wouldn't return him? PDP would be silly to even accept it. Of what political value is he today?

229 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by teekrackz(m): 8:03am On Jul 30, 2019
Defect at your own risk.... Politics in Nigeria is all about personal gain.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by sparog(m): 8:03am On Jul 30, 2019
If he decamps at the moment then it means he's not smart after all

Cos I don't see any gain for him in leaving the party at the moment, he should just stay put and enjoy next level

grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by thesicilian: 8:03am On Jul 30, 2019
Ambode should move on to something bigger internationally and forget about APC and PDP.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by nurex01(m): 8:04am On Jul 30, 2019
Ambode even knows that if he leaves, nothing for him now. Because as we all know that Tinubu is using his term. Igba lo nigba nlo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 30, 2019
who needs cowards in PDP? if it was obaseki now, I will be happy that a man is coming to PDP.
ambode have no political value. he will just be unnecessary burden

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by Flier: 8:04am On Jul 30, 2019
People won’t forgive this man

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by Libkid(m): 8:04am On Jul 30, 2019
I pity this man
only if he had pulled an "Obaseki" by now who knows
He might still be the Governor
now he gats nothing
deceived with a ministerial nomination

9 Likes

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by Automatic3444(m): 8:04am On Jul 30, 2019
Medicine after death grin

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by gaby(m): 8:04am On Jul 30, 2019
Akpu

Make e go learn work from Obaseki.

If he had works for the people of Lagos to have rooted for him, Tinubu wouldn't have had an easy run on him. Kpata kpata the state falls in the hands of the opposition and everybody go rest.

E go dey hold a not so well thought through world press conference dey yarn opata

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by omoadeleye(m): 8:05am On Jul 30, 2019
Long due ..

1 Like

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by Lamasta(m): 8:05am On Jul 30, 2019
Low key mood activated Tinubu is very wicked grin

1 Like

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by Boscojugunu(m): 8:05am On Jul 30, 2019
Lol. Ambolo

1 Like

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by Binidefender: 8:05am On Jul 30, 2019
grin
U don't mean it

1 Like

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by MountainView: 8:05am On Jul 30, 2019
Okay
Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by slapacha: 8:06am On Jul 30, 2019
F
Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by Homiesjinxbank: 8:06am On Jul 30, 2019
Tinubu is a fuckup nigga, poor ambode

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by osuofia2(m): 8:06am On Jul 30, 2019
Politicians never accept anything . bunch of liars .

1 Like

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by rekeson: 8:06am On Jul 30, 2019
Since his own party is treating him like an enemy, it will be a nice move to officially align with d opposition.

He did a lot of projects as Lagos governor and 4 years under Sanwolu won't easily erase his legacies.

7 Likes

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by Sirpaul(m): 8:06am On Jul 30, 2019
Tinubu is just too GREEDY

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by tydi(m): 8:06am On Jul 30, 2019
grin

I have started the business of selling my likes.
If I like your post I will contact you with my account details.. Its cheap and affordable.. I sell 1 like for just 200 naira.
So patronize me, by making sensible comments so my business can move forward.. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by ecclize: 8:06am On Jul 30, 2019
If he leave weting go happen abeg?
Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by Glink2018(m): 8:06am On Jul 30, 2019
Ambode will be custom boss

1 Like

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by AntiWailer: 8:06am On Jul 30, 2019
go no where.
Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by Flier: 8:06am On Jul 30, 2019
sexiestharam:
Ambode isn't going anywhere. He doesn't have the liver. Someone who could not leave when the handwritings were on the wall that his party wouldn't return him? PDP would be silly to even accept it. Of what political value is he today?
He would have been impeached and lost his entitlements if he actually defected during the primary and so on.He didn’t have support of the house of assembly or his vice
The worse is, the whole Lagos was against him
His policies was meant to affect even unborn children

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by chinavs9ja(m): 8:07am On Jul 30, 2019
You can kindly get your website today, I will help you design one...Check my signature
Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by Bizibi(m): 8:08am On Jul 30, 2019
In the future maybe but it is better for him to sit down and enjoy for the moment in APC....
Re: Ambode Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP by pyro62(m): 8:08am On Jul 30, 2019
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tension In Niger-Delta As Tompolo Resuscitates MEND / Atiku Abubakar & Jonathan Attend Yusuf Buhari's Wedding (Photos) / Kajuru 66 Massacre, Killings: El-Rufai Visits Fulani Communities. Graphic Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.