Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? (1557 Views)

She Got Pregnant Twice For Two Different Men While And He Stood By Her / Finally, I Registered After Many Years. Welcome Me Guys. / Consequences Of Sexual Relationship With Ladies In Same Building As A Bachelor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by Premiumwriter: 4:58pm On Feb 01, 2019
So I opened a new bank account with my phone and deposited some money into it.

Now I can't use the money because my BVN has not been linked to the account number.

I went to the bank and they said they will not link it because the name on the BVN does not tally with the name on my voter's card.

So they told me I must provide an ID that tallies with the name on my BVN. I thought of obtaining a new BVN or national ID.

I went and registered for a new national IDy the day before yesterday. They told me to come next week.

But now my conscience is disturbing me and I'm also a bit scared. Is this right? And is there any consequences for it?

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by Premiumwriter: 5:01pm On Feb 01, 2019
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:20pm On Feb 01, 2019
No consequence!
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 01, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
No consequence!
There is o, he may not be issued the temporary one. They will postpone him and tell him to come another day which won't end.
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by Premiumwriter: 7:11pm On Feb 01, 2019
kingkakaone:

There is o, he may not be issued the temporary one.
They will postpone him and tell him to come another day which won't end .
@bold

I don't understand what you meant by that
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2019
Premiumwriter:
@bold

I don't understand what you meant by that
They will know when they check and compare your biometrics with the last one.
They will post u ehn, just go there after two weeks and they will tell u that the temporary isn't ready.

I may be wrong though, just buzz me when u visit them next.
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by Gaspardd(m): 7:56pm On Feb 01, 2019
kingkakaone:

They will know when they check and compare your biometrics with the last one.
They will post u ehn, just go there after two weeks and they will tell u that the temporary isn't ready.

I may be wrong though, just buzz me when u visit them next.
Same thing happened to me, my details later matched and they threatened to arrest me. Well the later was cuz they needed a bribe.
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by jarvis4: 8:08pm On Feb 01, 2019
I will like to know the outcome because I am having the same bvn name issue and I want to go and register for national ID card again.
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by jarvis4: 8:11pm On Feb 01, 2019
Premiumwriter:
So I opened a new bank account with my phone and deposited some money into it.

Now I can't use the money because my BVN has not been linked to the account number.

I went to the bank and they said they will not link it because the name on the BVN does not tally with the name on my voter's card.

So they told me I must provide an ID that tallies with the name on my BVN. I thought of obtaining a new BVN or national ID.

I went and registered for a new national IDy the day before yesterday. They told me to come next week.

But now my conscience is disturbing me and I'm also a bit scared. Is this right? And is there any consequences for it?
I would like to know the outcome because i am having the same issue and i want to go and register again.
Btw which state?

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 01, 2019
Gaspardd:

Same thing happened to me, my details later matched and they threatened to arrest me. Well the later was cuz they needed a bribe.
Double registration has given a few people I know some stress.
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:28pm On Feb 01, 2019
It's a crime and there are grievous consequences, one of which, you'll be arrested if found guilty. Your biometrics has been registered already, you don't want to know its outcome. It won't be funny. You should tell them first, and know what to do next with whatever reply(ies) you're given.
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by Premiumwriter: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2019
kingkakaone:

Double registration has given a few people I know some stress.
can you elaborate a little?
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 01, 2019
Premiumwriter:
can you elaborate a little?
The issue is that when u get there for the temporary green, they will tell u to come back that it isn't ready.
That's what they did to some people I know.
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by 1F30M4(f): 12:19am On Feb 02, 2019
When did you do the first registration? My mum did hers in 2013 or so then she thought it didn't pull through then she went last year with me when I wanted to register for mine but she was told that her details was already in their database, she was asked if she had registered before and that was all
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by Premiumwriter: 12:31am On Feb 02, 2019
i did the first one in 2015
1F30M4:
When did you do the first registration? My mum did hers in 2013 or so then she thought it didn't pull through then she went last year with me when I wanted to register for mine but she was told that her details was already in their database, she was asked if she had registered before and that was all
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by sukerefakere(m): 12:34am On Feb 02, 2019
One for biafla and the other for Nigeria
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by 1F30M4(f): 12:44am On Feb 02, 2019
Premiumwriter:
i did the first one in 2015

Oh okay and you want to do another this year? Were you given anything?
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by oluwakayode25(m): 12:53am On Feb 02, 2019
Somebody I know said he was threatened with arrest, he registered twice, I think it is a crime o. Be sure to Google it, I know you'd find something reasonable making random searches
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by Premiumwriter: 1:26am On Feb 02, 2019
1F30M4:

Oh okay and you want to do another this year? Were you given anything?

I have to do another one. I have money in my account but I can't use it because of the bvn issue.

they gave me a slip of paper with a tracking ID. Said I should come back thus Thursday.

I
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by 1F30M4(f): 8:11am On Feb 02, 2019
Premiumwriter:

I have to do another one. I have money in my account but I can't use it because of the bvn issue.

they gave me a slip of paper with a tracking ID. Said I should come back thus Thursday.

I

Okay but you weren't told that your details was already in their database?
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by Winters22: 8:25am On Feb 02, 2019
I think you should get an affidavit... that confirms you are one and the same person as the name on your ID and account name / BVN.
Had a similar experience ,was advised by the bank to do so
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by Premiumwriter: 9:45am On Feb 02, 2019
1F30M4:

Okay but you weren't told that your details was already in their database?
no
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID.. Any Consequences? by Premiumwriter: 9:46am On Feb 02, 2019
sukerefakere:
One for biafla and the other for Nigeria
our 'husband' has gone mad again.

*shakes head

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Narrates The Weirdest Things They Experienced During Sex / 100 Jokes For Adults That Are Nothing But Hilarious / Dating My Girl, What Are Your Take On This Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.