Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,301 members, 7,860,735 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:16 PM

Is Her Love For Sale - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Her Love For Sale (1445 Views)

Ha!!! She Confessed Her Love And It Was Like Ha!!!! / My Love For Small Girls: Is It Normal? / Can I Set My Girlfriend Up To Test Her Love For Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Her Love For Sale by 49cents(m): 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2010
met her in my office, she told me of how she is working to sponsor herself through school i felt i should give her a  try cos i like hard working girls who dare to dream and realize it without resorting to illicit means; i ask her out and she thinks i came 4 intimacy (for she says she wants a God-fearing man) but i made it clear that's not my goal and i meant it from the depths of my heart cos am thinkin long term even life time with her  then i seek her response she says wants to observe me too and that we shud take it slow,

I concur, then she began mentioning  her unpaid school/hostel fees as if by the way in our conversations, she points at the black skirt suit, shoes and bags in every boutique we pass by in our very first stroll when i went visiting (i can easily afford it,  but bought her provisions cos she look looked too lean and she told me she was feeling dizzy), i  feign deaf,  until she asks for money for making her hair,  now i reason aloud to myself "you said we should not rush love yet you are rushing my spending on you!" I gave an excuse of distance and my sweetheart went sour each time i call her on the phone until i get pissed and asked her whats up,

I know she aint having much cash (she just gave her first salary in a new job she just got as first offering, i find it quite amusing and chide for it she says it her a Divine investment i let it rest) with all she is saying now the proof of a guys love, among other things like commitment, must be in his taking care of her needs, assume i grant this what now is the proof of her love towards me since s.ex is neither involved nor the goal in our nascent relationship? I dont want her to love me becos i foot her bills or is my model of what love should built on to idealistic and unrealistic?

your thots guys!
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by 5p1naz(m): 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2010
haha welcome to the women's world. . . haha
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by 1105(f): 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2010
This topic reminds me of 1 earlier issue discussed here on nairaland.
The Topic was,

Do virgins expect their Boyfriends to give them money~ grin grin grin

In as much as u guyz have not started dating,Not to talk of sex, why should she want to tamper with your account balance

That gurl is a thief that may have escaped from mexico, look her up on the FBI or CIA website,her pics might be there~
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by 49cents(m): 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2010
5p1naz:

haha welcome to the women's world. . . haha

hey you are funny bro, women's world of what exactly?
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by Spyker: 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2010
Guy, read in between the lines, if the demand is unneccessary, quit.
I know many women use the slogan "no money, no honey" as their foundation for love but not all women.
I suggest you stop spending on her and focus on only what you think she needs. Don't grant her every want.
If you cannot continue and you think the love is fake, quit.
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by 5p1naz(m): 7:08pm On Aug 19, 2010
49cents:

hey you are funny bro, women's world of what exactly?

"women's world of dependence" this is a part of em where some of them depend on their "partners"
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by 49cents(m): 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2010
Spyker:

Guy, read in between the lines, if the demand is unneccessary, quit.
I know many women use the slogan "no money, no honey" as their foundation for love but not all women.
I suggest you stop spending on her and focus on only what you think she needs. Don't grant her every want.
If you cannot continue and you think the love is fake, quit.

Cant Nigerian girls at this time and age of gender equality and opportunity find pride in achieving financial independence honestly the way their male contemporaries are trying too; cos the fact is that with this gurl we are even agemates but still she cant help to think i must do the spending, while she does , i dont even know?

5p1naz:

"women's world of dependence" this is a part of em where some of them depend on their "partners"
aight
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by double08(m): 8:07pm On Aug 19, 2010
Me I will run from these type of girls,ask yourself what do you intend to gain from them because they do not have money to offer and they will not give up their kpekus,my advise guy is run
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by luap: 10:07pm On Aug 19, 2010
Come on dude. She is a poor woman. If your in a serious relationship, why don't you want to help her?

Nothing more intimate than helping someone you love. Key word is love, make sure she love you also.

then help eachother get ahead in this world. It is tough out there.
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by Moralistli(m): 10:20pm On Aug 19, 2010
according to Mr. corks' episode; (97.5% of Nigerian girls are roaming our streets/highways singin songs of luv just 2 meet their various daily needs, NTA '92). Little brats.,,,,One of dem accidentally told ma friend dat she was going for Thanksgiving cos she's met a comfortable guy, but ma friendly was sharp enuf to quickly sound it clearly to her dat she shudn't expect him to shoulder her father's responsibility. she catch trap!
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 20, 2010
So u knw she needs moni to make her hair and yet you refuse to give,tomorrow you will post"my gal embarrassed me with her hairstyle" some weeks later you will be wondering why she has become distant,.years later you will say she is too arrogant and not submissive when she is the one doing everything for her self.You will begin to miss the days of our forefathers when women were seen but not heard and the men totally took care of them.Tomorrow you will say Nigerian gals are copying American gals by becoming too independent all the while not realizing you and only you pushed her to it.YOU can decide areas where you choose to give financial assisstance to her without making yourself into a sugar daddy so if you give her money to make her hair now she will only love you for your money?

You also mentioned that she asked too take things slow and you also are tinking futuristic so why comparing that to like she wants to take it slow but rush u to spend money,how much money?successful life is give and give and give as against give and take esp in a futuristic r/ship and really intimacy with you what does that prove?

oversharpness kills r/ships in alot of cases,Be the Man in charge and stop wondering if she is using your head,Afterall the worst scenario would be that you have helped someone accomplish something worthwhile in life which eventually will only make you a better person esp you have established that she is a poor person and needs your generosity.
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by Omolola1(f): 11:14am On Aug 20, 2010
its obvious she does not av ego. if u av enough to help her, do so! but then demands 4rm her are too much nd unnecesary~
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by Ladyjide(f): 1:05pm On Aug 20, 2010
Run and don't look back. You are simply trying to date her and not be her father! How has she been managing before meeting you?
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by no1madman(m): 1:27pm On Aug 20, 2010
Don't let her play u ojoro. . . .no sex,no money.
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by 1105(f): 1:28pm On Aug 20, 2010
Ladyjide:

[size=15pt]Run and don't look back.[/size] You are simply trying to date her and not be her father! How has she been managing before meeting you?

Leave him,if he looks back he would turn 2 a pillar of salt~

no1madman:

Don't let her play u ojoro. . . .no sex,no money.
Gbam thats my motto
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by 49cents(m): 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2010
Thanks folks about your replies, all i wanted was a lady that wants moi not need me, that for surely does not mean i wont shoulder responsibilities as the r/ship progresses into an advanced stage, but does it mean that nigerian gurls who think a guy they just met must bankroll their upkeep to proof commitment to a r/ship? does it mean they have nothing to offer outside s.ex (which is mutual in the frist place)
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by 49cents(m): 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2010
andromida:

So u knw she needs moni to make her hair and yet you refuse to give,tomorrow you will post"my gal embarrassed me with her hairstyle" some weeks later you will be wondering why she has become distant,.years later you will say she is too arrogant and not submissive when she is the one doing everything for her self.You will begin to miss the days of our forefathers when women were seen but not heard and the men totally took care of them.Tomorrow you will say Nigerian gals are copying American gals by becoming too independent all the while not realizing you and only you pushed her to it.YOU can decide areas where you choose to give financial assisstance to her without making yourself into a sugar daddy so if you give her money to make her hair now she will only love you for your money?

You also mentioned that she asked too take things slow and you also are tinking futuristic so why comparing that to like she wants to take it slow but rush u to spend money,how much money?successful life is give and give and give as against give and take esp in a futuristic r/ship and really intimacy with you what does that prove?

oversharpness kills r/ships in alot of cases,Be the Man in charge and stop wondering if she is using your head,Afterall the worst scenario would be that you have helped someone accomplish something worthwhile in life which eventually will only make you a better person esp you have established that she is a poor person and needs your generosity.
I have no probs with gurls being even too financially independent cos times have changed gurls have equal opportuinities like guys so why depend on the guy as to the make im feel inadeute as a man, when we become man and wife all i have will be hers and all she has mine, i can help like a friend in need
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by bruffy: 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2010
man that;s the way it goes nowadays girls and money i wonder what is the real meaning of love in naija

MONEY +MONEY=LOVE guess i like it though cos u can get any chick u want lol!!!
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by googles: 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2010
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

whoever said a woman needs a man to fix her hair ??

if she does not have money to fix her hair she should crop it all off den  angry

why wait on a man to pay for yur hair   undecided
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by philip0906(m): 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2010
googles:

if she does not have money to fix her hair she should crop it all off den  angry

why wait on a man to pay for yur hair   undecided
hehehe. . .Googles is vexing grin grin grin
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by 49cents(m): 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2010
googles:

if she does not have money to fix her hair she should crop it all off den angry

why wait on a man to pay for yur hair undecided
very sad love is in coma in 9ja then!
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by googles: 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2010
philip0906:

hehehe. . .Googles is vexing grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i just hate it wen some girls talk like dat later they will say man no respect them

wen you are always begging for peanuts how will he respect yuh ? undecided

dress the way yuh want to be addressed. . . if you act like a peasant you will be treated as one

if i nor get money for my hair i ll use wig nah. . . some girls are just overly materialistic and dependent angry
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by 49cents(m): 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2010
googles:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i just hate it wen some girls talk like dat later they will say man no respect them

wen you are always begging for peanuts how will he respect yuh ? undecided

dress the way yuh want to be addressed. . . if you act like a peasant you will be treated as one

if i nor get money for my hair i ll use wig nah. . . some girls are just overly materialistic and dependent angry
i am nt a woman hater but 9ja girls keep pushing me too hard, i think it is time 9ja bro start splitting bills on a dtae like they do in wesstern societies, that way we can instantly know you whether you really dig us or u r just hungry for Chicken republik
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by googles: 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2010
49cents:

i am nt a woman hater but 9ja girls keep pushing me too hard, i think it is time 9ja bro start splitting bills on a dtae like they do in wesstern societies, that way we can instantly know you whether you really dig us or u r just hungry for Chicken republik

Watever rocks yur boat mehn. . . if you like split, if you like pay the whole thing

i sha do not like overly dependent pple {men inclusive}
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 20, 2010
49cents:

met her in my office, she told me of how she is working to sponsor herself through school i felt i should give her a try cos i like hard working girls who dare to dream and realize it without resorting to illicit means; i ask her out and she thinks i came 4 intimacy (for she says she wants a God-fearing man) but i made it clear that's not my goal and i meant it from the depths of my heart cos am thinkin long term even life time with her then i seek her response she says wants to observe me too and that we shud take it slow,

I concur, then she began mentioning her unpaid school/hostel fees as if by the way in our conversations, she points at the black skirt suit, shoes and bags in every boutique we pass by in our very first stroll when i went visiting (i can easily afford it, but bought her provisions cos she look looked too lean and she told me she was feeling dizzy), i feign deaf, until she asks for money for making her hair, now i reason aloud to myself "you said we should not rush love yet you are rushing my spending on you!" I gave an excuse of distance and my sweetheart went sour each time i call her on the phone until i get pissed and asked her whats up,

I know she aint having much cash (she just gave her first salary in a new job she just got as first offering, i find it quite amusing and chide for it she says it her a Divine investment i let it rest) with all she is saying now the proof of a guys love, among other things like commitment, must be in his taking care of her needs, assume i grant this what now is the proof of her love towards me since s.ex is neither involved nor the goal in our nascent relationship? I dont want her to love me becos i foot her bills or is my model of what love should built on to idealistic and unrealistic?

your thots guys!

Just another broke guy crying foul! I'd suggest you put in more effort into making money so you can buy your GF those precious things she wants and let peace reign again! undecided
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by luap: 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2010
Dude, be a man with some authority(testicles)  take charge of the relationship.  She is a starving student. She is a winner!!!! better than most women. She has ambition and dreams. She is a bad azz woman because she is putting her self through school. 

I hear you, I hate women telling me all the material things they want.  You can invalidate her by simply telling her, after she finishes school, she can get a job and get those things for herself.  Stick to that response.

Don't be the rescuer, Be there to help her, but be careful, your not her saviour. if you do rescue her you will get resentment from her, because you are not empowering her.  Remember to always empower ambitious people to live their potential or they will hate those that hold them back.

Worry about yourself and you own needs.  Stop being her best shopping friend and be a man and get some of the pssy.  Isn't that what men really want?  Unless your a Gay Boy!!! 

Figure a way out to let her know your intentions.  You have what she wants, and that is stability in her unstable life.  Don't give it away for free.  NOW go get some pssy and stop being a Gay Boy!!!
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by 49cents(m): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2010
Ujujoan:

Just another broke guy crying foul! I'd suggest you put in more effort into making money so you can buy your GF those precious things she wants and let peace reign again! undecided
thanks was waiting for this (assuming am one broke guy like you assume) what can she put in more effort in?
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2010
49cents:

thanks was waiting for this (assuming am one broke guy like you assume) what can she put in more effort in?

Why dont you stop bothering yourself about what is right, what she wants and what you should do.

I bet you are a full grown man with a mind of your own. Do what feels right and let it be. If she likes she can stick around, if she likes, she can walk.

But quit whinning, you sound lame! undecided
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by 49cents(m): 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2010
Ujujoan:

Why dont you stop bothering yourself about what is right, what she wants and what you should do.

I bet you are a full grown man with a mind of your own. Do what feels right and let it be. If she likes she can stick around, if she likes, she can walk.

But quit whinning, you sound lame! undecided

what can she put in more effort in? No answer! i expected it. I don't wanna believe all Nigerian chicks r like this anyway, its time the female folks woke up to the the reality that they don't have to need a man financial cos its so second millennium
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by TewMuch: 5:41pm On Aug 20, 2010
That is why you are in a relationship.To help each other, financially and growth wise.With a focus on achieving great things in future as a couple.You are obviously still a child.I don't think any woman will want a man that never gives her gifts or helps her when she knows he can.I don't mean go out of your way to steal, if you can afford it and you love her, why not? This person is struggling to be productive and is not prostituting herself to get there.The best you can do is help her with what matters, the school fees or books.If you don't drop the money when she knows u can afford it, forget getting pussy. She will put u in the "just useless" friends category.So be help your GF, even if you don't end up together and she becomes something in future, you have a lot to be proud of.
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by 49cents(m): 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2010
TewMuch:

That is why you are in a relationship.To help each other, financially and growth wise.With a focus on achieving great things in future as a couple.You are obviously still a child.I don't think any woman will want a man that never gives her gifts or helps her when she knows he can.I don't mean go out of your way to steal, if you can afford it and you love her, why not? This person is struggling to be productive and is not prostituting herself to get there.The best you can do is help her with what matters, the school fees or books.If you don't drop the money when she knows u can afford it, forget getting kitty. She will put u in the "just useless" friends category.So be help your GF, even if you don't end up together and she becomes something in future, you have a lot to be proud of.
What i really feel like doin is opting out of the r/ship and creditin her account now and then for stuff only as someone helpin someone else; this way maybe she can love the next guy not for money for better reasons, am that altruistic as i hav done this with a girl i knew and today she is happily married to a banker and a baby girl,

all i really wanted was to earn not by paying for it.
Re: Is Her Love For Sale by TewMuch: 6:23pm On Aug 20, 2010
^Understand that you are not paying for anything.You are investing in someone that is worth it.You do your best for her without expecting something back and all should fall in place.In this world, anywhere you go women expect something from you.So if you leave her, your next girlfriend will expect something from you as well.Sit her down and tell her that you see a future with her and are willing to help her get there.However you will both have to work hard towards that future.Make her understand that you can't afford everything she needs.But you believe if she has patience the both of you can get there.Trust me, the grass is never greener on the other side.Why will she bother to give you pussy when she feels like you don't care about her needs(school?).She may be studying you and how you respond.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Black Men So: ? feel free to give your opinion / I Am In Love: / Yes Or No.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.