Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,093 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? (5416 Views)

Poll: Which presidential candidate did you actually vote for?

Umaru Yar' Adua: 26% (38 votes)
Atiku Abubakar: 4% (6 votes)
Muhammadu Buhari: 5% (8 votes)
Orji Uzor Kalu: 3% (5 votes)
Pat Utomi: 5% (8 votes)
Chris Okotie: 4% (6 votes)
Sorry, but I did not vote: 50% (72 votes)
This poll has ended

What's Your Area And Which Presidential Candidate Is Leading? / Sahara Reporters Wants Your Opinion: Which Presidential Aspirant Spoke Best / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by software(m): 10:36pm On Apr 23, 2007
I couldnt vote during the presidential Election.

At the polling station, while we were waiting for Voting materials, Some guys came in a bus, and started to beat people with cutlas and other dangerous weapon with them, No body told me oo when i took to my heels chap chap. (lol) While i was running i looked far ahead and behold it was the Police on Guard i saw in front, trying to safe his own life,

God help Naija
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by otokx(m): 10:45pm On Apr 23, 2007
Where I registered was far from my house so there was no way I could vote.
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by 9ja4eva: 11:15pm On Apr 23, 2007
software:

I couldnt vote during the presidential Election.

At the polling station, while we were waiting for Voting materials, Some guys came in a bus, and started to beat people with cutlas and other dangerous weapon with them, No body told me oo when i took to my heels chap chap. (lol) While i was running i looked far ahead and behold it was the Police on Guard i saw in front, trying to safe his own life,

God help Naija

LOL.Escape injury by beating.roflmao.Kai u funny oh.I can imagine
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by Seun(m): 11:52pm On Apr 23, 2007
Did anybody vote for Atiku at all? After all he supposedly won the polls in Lagos?
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by debosky(m): 1:43am On Apr 24, 2007
it was vote allocation, give Atiku Lagos and Kano and make him lose woefully in most other locales,

but if the results of your poll are to be believed, Yar'Adua did win the elections
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by outlaws(m): 4:55am On Apr 24, 2007
cool
I voted for no one. There is no place to vote here any ways. The current president of Nigeria didn't seem to want people in my state to vote, if he wanted that, he could have made arrangements so that Nigerians here can vote. If that was done, I am likely not going to vote.

NIgeria is a sad place. No offense but think about it. All the things that are going on and each election time, these selfish and corrupt politicians will claim to do things that they will not do.

If I had a chance to vote. I would have voted for a president that will require all white people in Nigeria to have a Nigerian degree before getting hired in any professional job. That way it will be illegal for a white person to work in Nigeria without his/her papers. Sound imposible? Maybe because you have weak politicians rulling that strong nation. I am looking forward to this happening soon, and who ever becomes the new Nigerian president should make this issue one of his top priorities.

Nigeria need to work on major issues like health awareness, tax, 24hrs. electricity/water, security[not criminals acting like police], etc. If the new president put more time in building more mansions in his home village, selling Nigerians natural resources carelessly to foereigners, Nigeria will still remain a sad place for a long time.

Don't you ever vote for some one because they are of your own tribe or culture. You should have expectations and vote for those that meet them.
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by westSide(m): 10:01am On Apr 24, 2007
True Talk
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by mekoyo(m): 11:59am On Apr 24, 2007
I voted for Umaru Yar' adua
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by 9ja4eva: 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2007
So u happy he won den.
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by salehm(m): 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2007
We did not vote in our Area ooooooooooooo embarassed
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by RiffRaff: 6:52pm On Apr 24, 2007
i saw 1 party with a corn logo. i kinda like the corn so i voted for the party. grin

and who told u, your vote counts, umaru has been selected as your leader.

this is selection not election. angry
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by software(m): 11:31pm On Apr 24, 2007
Riff-Raff:

this is selection not election. angry

true talk
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by thecolonel: 5:36am On Apr 25, 2007
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by smile4kenn(m): 5:54am On Apr 25, 2007
its like tehre is rigging on the who did u vote for grin grin
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by agnesoseka: 8:56am On Apr 25, 2007
I didnt register.I played all thru d election day,
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by fashfisher(m): 2:36pm On Apr 25, 2007
i did not vote but to those who voted yar'dua, u'all voted a man who will just store you money in the bank and wait 4 the .2% intrest that the bank will give instead of invest the money wisely to improve the country's economy
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by Seun(m): 5:42pm On Apr 25, 2007
I'd rather vote for such a man than vote for a thief.
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by Whitelady1(f): 12:47am On Apr 26, 2007
I dont know why Nigerians are such bad losers. That PDP's Yar'Adua won doesn't necessarily mean that the election was rigged. Lets say, for instance, this thread is a ballot box. count the votes in here and you will know who the true winner is. At least, our votes on this thread cannot be rigged.

I didn't vote but if i had voted it would have been in favour of Umaru Musa yar'Adua. infact in my house of eight, Yar'Adua got six votes. I still find it hard to believe that peole actually voted for the likes of Buhari, the known tyrant and Atiku, the self acclaimed theif!

I used to wonder why suiside bombers do what they do. But believe me, if Abubakar Atiku had won the presidential election, I would have had no choice but to be a suicide bomber!!!
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by Rogo: 11:00am On Apr 26, 2007
I voted Rev Chris Okotie
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by Mariory(m): 11:50am On Apr 26, 2007
Atiku = 4 votes so far. Even less than Okotie. And this is the thief that claims he speaks for Nigerians.
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by smile4kenn(m): 12:02pm On Apr 26, 2007
White lady:

I don't know why Nigerians are such bad losers. That PDP's Yar'Adua won doesn't necessarily mean that the election was rigged. Lets say, for instance, this thread is a ballot box. count the votes in here and you will know who the true winner is. At least, our votes on this thread cannot be rigged.

I didn't vote but if i had voted it would have been in favour of Umaru Musa yar'Adua. infact in my house of eight, Yar'Adua got six votes. I still find it hard to believe that peole actually voted for the likes of Buhari, the known tyrant and Atiku, the self acclaimed theif!

I used to wonder why suiside bombers do what they do. But believe me, if Abubakar Atiku had won the presidential election, I would have had no choice but to be a suicide bomber!!!

The vote here is been rigged too grin grin grin
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by Bankole01(m): 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2007
White lady:

I don't know why Nigerians are such bad losers. That PDP's Yar'Adua won doesn't necessarily mean that the election was rigged. Lets say, for instance, this thread is a ballot box. count the votes in here and you will know who the true winner is. At least, our votes on this thread cannot be rigged.

This not aboout being sore losers, but being disenfranchised. Nigeria is not your household and is nop way representative of your family.

Atiku is a known thief, so is Obasanjo and a host of his friends who were selected and hand picked to be in elective offices.

The elctions which started on the 14th April, were a travesty, a debacle and mockery of the democratic process!
Votes were outright stolen, appointioned with impunity or non existent. People were beaten, coerced and intimidated for voting for persons other than their wishes. Ballot boxes were stolen or just simply thumb printed and stuffed. It was so primitive tha even Mugabe of Zimbabwe could not have done any worse.

The result of the elections is what Nigerians expected even though they were optimistic of a change in democratic process, there was apathy and depressioned when their fears were vindicated by INEC and the very corrupt Obasanjo.
That yar'Adua won is not the issue but that Obasanjo had consolidated his grip on the country and the investments and acceptance he so mush seek from the West will elude him and Nigeria.

Nigeria was further made a laughing stock in the World, whose press hadly made any mention of the elections but widely reported the elections in France.
Now tell me whitelady, what is not to be sore about? or is this just another racist steretype of Africas (Nigerians)
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by dominobaby(f): 3:03am On Apr 28, 2007
I would have voted Pat UTomi, But unfortunately, i wasn't where i registered.
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by bamidele(m): 7:57am On Apr 28, 2007
Sorry but i did vote should have won the election
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by 9ja4eva: 8:10am On Apr 28, 2007
lol

u funny oh
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by awoof(m): 8:58am On Apr 28, 2007
could not vote because i forgot my "egbe" in Naija
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by 9ja4eva: 11:08am On Apr 29, 2007
lmao
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by Nella(f): 12:05pm On Apr 29, 2007
non of them is worth being a president! lipsrsealed
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by 9ja4eva: 5:37pm On Apr 30, 2007
lmao

Wat of Pat Utomi?
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by OroGojigo(f): 11:05pm On May 01, 2007
I no vote. I no too like am as I no vote. Sha, weda dem worth am abi dem no woth am, result don show face before voing and all of us now must play by Yar'dua's rules; hopefully he'll be fair.
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by feyikay: 1:13pm On May 02, 2007
Good day,

what is the purpose of this vote, i knew  that yar dua is the  president.
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Did You Vote For? by nikynike(f): 2:03pm On May 02, 2007
l did not vote for any of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NLC Calls Off Strike / I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo / APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.