Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo (5418 Views)

Should She Report Her Father To EFCC. / Warning To All Nigerians On Insults On PMB - Cramjones / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by Imeobong(m): 8:31pm On Jun 06, 2011
Source: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5710841-146/obasanjo_amosun_worship_together__.csp

By Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji

June 6, 2011 12:23AM

It was a reunion of sorts for Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State and the former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday at the St. Peter Cathedral Church, Ake, Abeokuta.

The meeting of the two former political soul mates, as Mr Amosun was a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) before crossing over to the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and later the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), was at a thanksgiving service held in honour of the governor.

Mr Obasanjo promised to give any assistance the governor might request from him. He told journalists after the worship service that as a former president, he is “a father to all Nigerians”.

“My fatherly role is that anybody, any Nigerian in whatever position and in any walk of life that ask me for advice, I will give him, the best I can afford to give. Having been a Head of state and President, all Nigerians are my sons and all Nigerians are my daughters,” Mr Obasanjo said. “But this Governor (Amosun), is my son just like all other Nigerians are my sons.”

Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by Kobojunkie: 6:41am On Jun 07, 2011
Imeobong:

Mr Obasanjo promised to give any assistance the governor might request from him. He told journalists after the worship service that as a former president, he is “a father to all Nigerians”.

“My fatherly role is that anybody, any Nigerian in whatever position and in any walk of life that ask me for advice, I will give him, the best I can afford to give. Having been a Head of state and President, all Nigerians are my sons and all Nigerians are my daughters,” Mr Obasanjo said. “But this Governor (Amosun), is my son just like all other Nigerians are my sons.”

Olorun o ni je!!! Tufiakwa!! lol  Father oriburuku wo ni yen? sad sad sad
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by houvest: 7:55am On Jun 07, 2011
Chai. What a wasted potential. I weep when I imagine how OBJ would have been immortal in Nigeria's Pantheon if he had not turned to the dark side. A man given such an opportunity Twice and even Thrice to put Nigeria on the right path and he kept fluffing it big time.
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 07, 2011
Mtchew!!! Father awon wo? Agbaya jaku jaku seeking relevance
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by dustydee: 9:05am On Jun 07, 2011
Yes! Daddy OBJ.
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by 1025: 9:25am On Jun 07, 2011
it is such a big shame that a man who could not father his own biological son because of the dog spirit in him will turn out to be the father of nigeria. obasanjo for all i know is the father of all nigerian looters.
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by oderemo(m): 9:32am On Jun 07, 2011
NO , YOU ARE NOT.
SIMPLE. STOP DREAMING.
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 07, 2011
Obasanjo, whom Daily Sun learnt was not invited officially for the event, said he came to rejoice with the governor. Justifying his presence, Obasanjo said: “As a father to all Nigerians and being the former head of state and president of Nigeria, and as an Owu, Abeokuta man, it is my responsibility to grace the occasion.

“Having been Nigeria head of state and president, all Nigerians are my sons and all Nigerians are my daughters but this Governor, (Senator Amosun) having been by accident of birth to have been born where I was born, so in a way he is my son just like all other Nigerians are my sons,” he stated. Obasanjo, whose entry into the church caused a stir among the congregation later fielded questions from journalists after the service and tasked Amosun on good governance.

He gate crashed the event. That's so fatherly
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by 2ndThought(m): 9:56am On Jun 07, 2011
Delusions of the grandeur is the obvious affliction here.
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by anointedf(m): 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2011
Baba awon wo. I entirely distance myself from a do-or-die political godfather.
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2011
The man has become senile angry
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by Skii(m): 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2011
houvest:

Chai. What a wasted potential. I weep when I imagine how OBJ would have been imortal in Nigeria's Pantheon if he had not turned to the dark side. A man given such an opportunity Twice and even Thrice to put Nigeria on the right part and he kept fluffing it big time.

Don't mind him, he became a Sith Lord, now He is trying to woo Young Amosun to the Dark Side, Just like the Chancellor (Darth Sidius) did Young Anakin

Amosun May the force be with you
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by shagaman: 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2011
Yes! Daddy OBJ.

LWKMD
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by babaowo: 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2011
baba awon mallams ,cos obj understand hausa pass yoruba
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by playboy19(m): 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2011
All of you wey dey yabb obj, you better look your side and make sure sey hausa man no dey your side when you dey type, na their baba o. Yoruba and Igbo fit no like ham, those almanjiri like ham die.
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by omo9ja1(m): 1:16pm On Jun 07, 2011
baba Oniyabo tun de, this man na wa for am, well tbh he said it well the father of VIP in Nigeria ask Fela no be me talk am 0o0o0o0o
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by buzugee(m): 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2011
GenBuhari:

The man has become senile angry
grin
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2011
Obasanjo no be my papa.i rebuke am in jesus name cheesy
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by buzugee(m): 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2011
dustydee:

Yes! Daddy OBJ.
grin
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by Anaegboka(m): 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2011
I know who my biological father is and I know the kind of person I'll chose if I'm to adopt another man as a father, it certainly will not be a disgrace like Obasanjo.
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by Lordrama: 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2011
[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]YOU NO BE MY FATHER (DAN ISKA MUTUM)[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by Reference(m): 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2011
Skii:

Don't mind him, he became a Sith Lord, now He is trying to woo Young Amosun to the Dark Side, Just like the Chancellor (Darth Sidius) did Young Anakin

Amosun May the force be with you

grin grin grin grin Good one.
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by playboy19(m): 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2011
I can only agree to be "HIS" son if he is ready to Will part of the Loots to me, why not? I will become his son but without that, make he forget ham.
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by Thirst4Lif: 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2011
Since he's everyone's Father maybe someone should ask him to help with their tuition.
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by playboy19(m): 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2011
Thirst4Lif:

Since he's everyone's Father maybe someone should ask him to help with their tuition.

Don't waste your time. I know his most possible answer. He'll just say, "come and work in ota farm"
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by kasiem(m): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2011
A man that doesn't know his father is coming to father people who can tell history of their fathers? So, father dey sweet this idiot? See the kind of person Yoruba born.
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by Mynd44: 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2011
Okay so that must mean that his balls work overtime
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2011
Mynd_44:

Okay so that must mean that his balls work overtime
Too much overtime fit make engine knock cheesy
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by anishe(m): 2:30pm On Jun 07, 2011
i reject that. you know who you father and if not, i am not one of them.
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by tellwisdom: 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2011
Like he was seeing your posts and abuses, You guy wasting your strength hitting the keyboard , Wehter u like am or not, He has spoken and he is heard morethan anyof you here typing abuses cheesy cheesy grin

Baba, i no like u and i no hate u, bt i like ur crazy ways
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by Roland17(m): 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2011
I don't know of any other persons view, but Baba has single handedly determined where Nigeria is now, we are reeling in gutters of poverty, unemployment, bad leadership because of this man. Baba u have made your mark, please when are u going?
Re: I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo by playboy19(m): 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2011
Roland17:

I don't know of any other persons view, but Baba has single handedly determined where Nigeria is now, we are reeling in gutters of poverty, unemployment, bad leadership because of this man. Baba u have made your mark, please when are u going?
grin grin grin grin going to?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Election Results: Cumulative Results So Far From Prowlingeagles Observers / Crowd At Eleme Ogoniland River State As They Stand Up For Biafra / See The Reasons Why PDP Gave Jimi Agbaje Governorship Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.