Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,419 members, 7,850,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:47 PM

I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. (2513 Views)

I Told My NIGERIAN Family I'm GAY / I Just Confirmed I'm Gay / If A Lady Is Looking You Dead Straight In The Eye During Sex, She Wants Ur Baby! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 04, 2019
no thank you to me after I complimented you undecided
MissRaine69:

I had to ask someone to translate the Igbo my talents have limits but I am working on it.
Thank you .......and you are welcome
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by LyfeJennings(m): 12:54am On Feb 05, 2019
Deicide:
This Guy doesn't know what he is saying grin

I swear
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by greencard: 1:19am On Feb 05, 2019
OdikwaRisky:
donno people now beg for "thank you"

#SMH
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by greencard: 1:25am On Feb 05, 2019
Durentt:
yeah. I'm actually really far from being homophobic, I've embraced the gay man and try to think the same way he does, and understand the incentives behind his action (especially in design and flashy stuff). They may not be degenerates and depraved entites after all considering their immense contributions to the world, from Karl Lagerfeld's Chanel, Michael Kors, Yves Laurent, Jean paul Gaultier, Marc Jacobs, Thierry Mugler, Alexandra McQueen.
Queerness is high fashion and vice versa.
Au contraire, women should in fact be less homophobic because literally everything they dress in is queer owned. Except a few like Tommy Hilfiger
where is @Reily when u need him

nigga u sound all gay
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by MissRaine69(f): 11:33am On Feb 05, 2019
OdikwaRisky:
An oversight on my part, my sincere apologies.
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Ranavalona: 7:05am On Mar 23, 2020
Ma'am, you made quite a lot of sense but I just want to point out one teeny tiny detail you got wrong: Elie Saab is not gay. He's very happily married to a woman - Claudine. He has a son with her, I believe.
MissRaine69:

This is how I look at it
The Arts especially where Fashion is concerned , Music and Theater/Silverscreen were historically the only places were gay men could flourish without discrimination from mainstream society. Gianni was never openly gay very few designers are . They live notoriously private lives. The world of Art in its many forms has always been liberal and fluid when it comes to sexuality look at the The Renaissance period from an art perspective, art shifted from being about saints and heavenly beings to reflect nudity, erotic themes and there was less restriction when it came to subject matters being painted. Artists had more artistic licence. Fashion and music are like that. You are free and accepted.

Male Actors historically used to play both male and females roles, women did not act. It was considered uncouth. Why there are more male gay designers though? It’s not a testosterone driven field, it’s about finesse, delicateness and expression of the sublime. robably, because their sex drive doesn’t stand in the way as it would in an all male heterosexual world were competition is based on who has the biggest d**k rather than who can articulate a described vision onto fabric. They legitimely care about “style” and “grace” and “elegance”, and they know the rules of the intra-sexual competition among females. They understand why it is such a defeat to wear the wrong handbag, the wrong skirt. These things matter to women believe me.
Now I am not saying straight men don’t make the best designers but all my favourite designers are gay.
Ellie Saab
Valentino
McQueen (late)
Oscar de la Renta (late)
Byredo ( perfume) &
Tom Ford

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Tacha, Tbillz's Next Baby Mama. / . / I Hit Jackpot, I Am Sending A Lucky Guy Here 25k...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.