Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Pressure To Marry Early - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pressure To Marry Early (3695 Views)

The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Pressure To Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2019
Hello guys,

I'm going to be brief,

Im starting to receive pressure from family to get married, mind you im just 27 and i have a job, payment is average if compared to the nigeria economy monthly basis if i work pretty hard 200k upward. It's not really abt the money but my family feels I'm all prepared to be married as at now. Thou I have the intention of traveling to the west and starting a life, what I'm gonna do there I don't know yet, thus I'm still keeping a low profile on that not letting family know.

I just need candid advise from matured minds.

Is it not too early to marry?

Can 200k sustain a family pretty well?

. I don't want my family lacking, atleast my wife and my kids should be able to get thier demands averagely met.

I need experience people to guide me out here. Thanks
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Emmafe(m): 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2019
It depends on the standard of living you want for your family.

Check my siggy if you need iPhone xr
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Grupo(m): 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2019
Erums:
Hello guys,

I'm going to be brief,

Im starting to receive pressure from family to get married, mind you im just 27 and i have a job, payment is average if compared to the nigeria economy monthly basis if i work pretty hard 200k upward. It's not really abt the money but my family feels I'm all prepared to be married as at now. Thou I have the intention of traveling to the west and starting a life, what I'm gonna do there I don't know yet, thus I'm still keeping a low profile on that not letting family know.

. I don't want my family lacking, atleast my wife and my kids should be able to get thier demands averagely met.

For how long have you been earning the 200k?

If you should lose your job today, how many months or years will you be able to sustain yourself without another job?

2 Likes

Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2019
Grupo:

For how long have you been earning the 200k?

If you should lose your job today, how many months or years will you be able to sustain yourself without another job?

Few months ago... Ive just been trying to grow salary... Its been like 100k+ for sometime

That I can't tell... Its gonna depend on my savings.. But i dnt think it's dats grab.. Cos i cnt boast of 4 million as savings money
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 6:31pm On Feb 03, 2019
Emmafe:
It depends on the standard of living you want for your family.

Check my siggy if you need iPhone xr

As I explained earlier.. I dnt feel I need a family now.. Family pressures bro... So at least an average family lifestyle that gets all she needs
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by HMPD: 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2019
If you have the intention of travelling out to the west then don't get married. I will advice you focus your attention on your travelling out plans considering your age.

200k monthly income with other reliable source of income should be able to sustain any marriage

I will suggest you focus on your travelling out plans, career development and establishing more source of income for now because Marriage and work is pretty much demanding and leave no or little room for self growth

Erums:
Hello guys,

I'm going to be brief,

Re: Pressure To Marry Early by ogawisdom(m): 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2019
What's your location

With 200k monthly u can live as a king in some locations.

27 is quite young for a man u need more maturity say by 30 yrs max u can get married

200k is enough to start a family with a productive wife

Very few 40 yrs old men earn up to 200k but almost all 40 yrs old men are married except the foolish ones that are fools at 40

3 Likes

Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 7:16pm On Feb 03, 2019
HMPD:
If you have the intention of travelling out to the west then don't get married. I will advice you focus your attention on your travelling out plans considering your age.

200k monthly income with other reliable source of income should be able to sustain any marriage

I will suggest you focus on your travelling out plans, career development and establishing more source of income for now because Marriage and work is pretty much demanding and leave no or little room for self growth

Oh thnks.. I pretty much talk to them abt career growth and how marriage might limit that..... But my unkle keeps saying he continued his career after he got married... And look how successful his become...
They keep insisting that early marriage wud lead to a early and a stable future especially with the kids

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pressure To Marry Early by bukatyne(f): 8:08pm On Feb 03, 2019
Erums:
Hello guys,

I'm going to be brief,

You are not ready to be married hence the questions.

When you are ready, you will know.

7 Likes

Re: Pressure To Marry Early by dingbang(m): 8:30pm On Feb 03, 2019
You can marry with a 200k salary..

1 Like

Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Rosarie(f): 8:36pm On Feb 03, 2019
U can marry with 100 k Nn still make something out of it.depends on ur wife ND u.how u both can plan.if u know you are not mentally ready then don't.if I am ur mom.I will pressurize u to marry.......

1 Like

Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Rosarie(f): 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2019
Erums:

Oh thnks.. I pretty much talk to them abt career growth and how marriage might limit that..... But my unkle keeps saying he continued his career after he got married... And look how successful his become...
They keep insisting that early marriage wud lead to a early and a stable future especially with the kids
true talk .some people die early.....nothing like settling down early

2 Likes

Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 9:13pm On Feb 03, 2019
bukatyne:

You are not ready to be married hence the questions.

When you are ready, you will know.

As I earlier said... I needed guide to make a decision, if you ain't providing the, you could calmly pass pretending you didn't see the post.. As I said, matured people only...

2 Likes

Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2019
Rosarie:
true talk .some people die early.....nothing like settling down early

Hello, wht do you mean.. I cant comprehend
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 9:16pm On Feb 03, 2019
Rosarie:
U can marry with 100 k Nn still make something out of it.depends on ur wife ND u.how u both can plan.if u know you are not mentally ready then don't.if I am ur mom.I will pressurize u to marry.......

Seriously, dnt make me laff here... Unfortunately I dnt have a mum to do that... So the pressure is frm dad and unkle, his wife and others.... Mentally, I can't really tell... If feels exciting, but reality I've always gotten frm alot of stories shared here
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Raalsalghul: 9:16pm On Feb 03, 2019
HMPD:

Op please I beg you listen to this advice. I will suggest you concentrate on your travelling plans because once you get hitched, the wife and kids responsibilities will bog you down. In addition, I'm sure you don't wanna start breeding into this shit hole call Naija. 200 k/per month is okay as a seed money for you to use and build your life. Please do that. No let konji/fine ladies flocking around to deceive you. Be warned!

1 Like

Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2019
dingbang:
You can marry with a 200k salary..
Ok gotten, but do u think dat wouldn't hinder me getting a new life in the west
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Raalsalghul: 9:19pm On Feb 03, 2019
ogawisdom:
What's your location

27 is quite young for a man u need more maturity say by 30 yrs max u can get married

Very few 40 yrs old men earn up to 200k but almost all 40 yrs old men are married except the foolish ones that are fools at 40
So in your own opinion, any man not married at 40 is a fool? undecided
The way people reason at times. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Mizwisdom(f): 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2019
Many people are married with under N100K salaries, some even marry without a means of livelihood. N200K is good, plan your family, 2 kids max, you will live like a King. The more kids you have, the more expenses you will need to cater for
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Raalsalghul: 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2019
Erums:

Ok gotten, but do u think dat wouldn't hinder me getting a new life in the west
So many factors involved here.
We are talking about location, a working/dependent wife, do you plan to have kids immediately.
I will advise you keep that marriage thing on hold.
Leave this country as quickly as you can. Your leaders don't care about your unborn kids.
If na konji dey worry you, I suggest the beer parlor thread. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 9:26pm On Feb 03, 2019
ogawisdom:
What's your location

Currently in ota, exactly I feel 27 is young but they make me feel I'm so old.

Whats your meaning of a productive wife?
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 9:29pm On Feb 03, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Op please I beg you listen to this advice. I will suggest you concentrate on your travelling plans because once you get hitched, the wife and kids responsibilities will bog you down. In addition, I'm sure you don't wanna start breeding into this shit hole call Naija. 200 k/per month is okay as a seed money for you to use and build your life. Please do that. No let konji/fine ladies flocking around to deceive you. Be warned!

Thanks pal... I see sense here too.. But at what age do u think it's right to get married,?
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 9:29pm On Feb 03, 2019
Raalsalghul:
So in your own opinion, any man not married at 40 is a fool? undecided The way people reason at times. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Are you 40 and not married?

2 Likes

Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Many people are married with under N100K salaries, some even marry without a means of livelihood. N200K is good, plan your family, 2 kids max, you will live like a King. The more kids you have, the more expenses you will need to cater for

Are you saying i should get married, not considering my tots of starting a life in the west.. You didn't even say a word considering that.... Thanks tho
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Raalsalghul: 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2019
Erums:

Thanks pal... I see sense here too.. But at what age do u think it's right to get married,?
As regards the right age to marry....there is non. It's up to you pal, but 5 years from now at age 32 wouldn't be bad. Just my opinion though. Imagine what you would have achieved by then all things being equal. wink
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by pocohantas(f): 9:33pm On Feb 03, 2019
Your income isn't the problem, the problem is you are not ready. Marry when you are psychologically ready for it. No be your parents go help you face the challenges.

Are you an only son?

4 Likes

Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2019
Raalsalghul:

So many factors involved here.
We are talking about location, a working/dependent wife, do you plan to have kids immediately.
I will advise you keep that marriage thing on hold.
Leave this country as quickly as you can. Your leaders don't care about your unborn kids.
If na konji dey worry you, I suggest the beer parlor thread. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Hahahaha.. Were the beer palour thread dey.. But on a serious note.. Its never conji... Its pressure, I just need good advice to counter them or soccumb if they telling truth for my benefit
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Rosarie(f): 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2019
Erums:

Hello, wht do you mean.. I cant comprehend
life throw challenges at us.we need to be prepared at all times is what I mean.anything can happen tomorrow.shikenabl
Time waits for no one
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Raalsalghul: 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2019
Erums:

Are you 40 and not married?
Nah. You should be older than me by a few months, but I've never been the optimistic type towards marriage. Hence, my folks don't even mention the "M" word to me.
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 9:36pm On Feb 03, 2019
Raalsalghul:
As regards the right age to marry....there is non. It's up to you pal, but 5 years from now at age 32 wouldn't be bad. Just my opinion though. Imagine what you would have achieved by then all things being equal. wink

Hmmm.. 32... Damn... Is dat not too late?... Hehehe.. U dnt know my people
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 9:38pm On Feb 03, 2019
pocohantas:
Your income isn't the problem, the problem is you are not ready. Marry when you are psychologically ready for it. No be your parents go help you face the challenges.

Are you an only son?

You might be right tho...

Im. Not the only son, but first son, second born.. My half broda is the last born after 4 generations
Re: Pressure To Marry Early by Erums(m): 9:39pm On Feb 03, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Nah. You should be older than me by a few months, but I've never been the optimistic type towards marriage. Hence, my folks don't even mention the "M" word to me.

Oh I see.. Dats a good one.. U don't know what you enjoying... Less headache..

Im not optimistic... They just keep screaming it in my head... I had to start thinking abt it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do Women Feel When Fingered And How They Expect It / Which Housework Do You Love/hate Most / Married Men,please And Please Learn How To Control Your Third Legs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.