Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? (10723 Views)

7 Reasons To Return Home To Nigeria / FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn / Nigerians Abroad Must Return Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by WAVixen: 1:32am On Aug 20, 2010
Hello future respondents to this thread, when you go through the posts on threads all over the internet mostly concerning Nigerians living abroad all one reads are moanings of how bad it is in the 'greener' pastures that were being sort.

Advice to those wanting to come over is that of refusals and the honest truth about how things really are abroad ( Which in all honesty is true). But what is the underlining reason that makes so many stay back? Even when some have houses built in Nigeria and will be able to cope? Is it the comfort zone of having the basics? The kids? The fear of not meeting up to the pretentious standards set by folks back home? Money? Social status? Academic standing?
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by iice(f): 4:04am On Aug 20, 2010
Some basic amenities would be nice
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by OmoAlata(f): 7:34am On Aug 20, 2010
Health care??

Education??

Justice??

Human Right??

Nepa??

God knows grin
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by DisGuy: 7:41am On Aug 20, 2010
Interesting one here

Maybe some people just feel too comfortable where they are
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by chelseabmw(m): 1:27am On Aug 21, 2010
sad
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 21, 2010
It's not hard to return home. For most, it's the transition from 24/hr electricity, security (even for the poor) good roads, water and other things that make life more enjoyable, back to a country where you'd either have to fight to enjoy, or / and pay to receive.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by ikeyman00(m): 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

anyone can believe all the crap written all over the place

but if the truth has to be told the reason alot of naija dey yan like dis bi say na money wahala

MONEY moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

hey inspiredman ur ambition to be a billioniare in NIGERIA is it still in intact?? hahhahha

now forget arm robber, police etc hahhahha na moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ooooooooooooooooooo make crayfish bend

ask why the leave naija in the first place haaaaa
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by ikeyman00(m): 2:10pm On Aug 21, 2010
chillbabe (f)
Netherlands/Amsterdam

Carribeans in nigeria
culture section
« #16 on: Today at 10:45:55 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Because Abuja is save and my ambassy is here. It is not that difficult to adapt but still u miss ure own things. People here pretend allot and always look at us like we are devils and think that foreign girls are easy. Apart from that Nigeria is a beautifull contry and am very happy here. I was born in the Netherlands but i prefer Nigeria. Am married to a Nigerian whom i met in Amsterdam and after some year we dicedit to come and settle here. My inlaws are great people they have never treated me bad. Mostly they take my side when my husband and i are having a mis understanding. And no am not the one with the money it is my husband. So feel free to come. I bet u that u wont leave again. Nigeria is like a drug u easely get hooked on.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by WAVixen: 6:49pm On Aug 21, 2010
Siena:

It's not hard to return home. For most, it's the transition from 24/hr electricity, security (even for the poor) good roads, water and other things that make life more enjoyable, back to a country where you'd either have to fight to enjoy, or / and pay to receive.

Its difficult then, if the transition is hard getting used to. Its not a castigation against anyone over their choice (s). Just to know why one would rather remain abroad and STILL moan about it. Instead of embracing it with all it's complexities and admitting its a personal decesion.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by tpiah: 2:52am On Aug 22, 2010
fear of

1. poverty

2. enemies

3. success [this will bring more enemies]

4. missing out on what others are enjoying eg electricity,running water,good roads, etc

5. juju and suchlike

**note: i'm not saying the fear is baseless or unjustified**
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 22, 2010
WAVixen:

Its difficult then, if the transition is hard getting used to. Its not a castigation against anyone over their choice (s). Just to know why one would rather remain abroad and STILL moan about it. Instead of embracing it with all it's complexities and admitting its a personal decesion.

What about all those that remain in Nigeria (some by choice) yet still moan about Nigeria, and her shortcomings?

Every country has its issues, though weighing up the issues in Nigeria, and let's say the United States, the scales tend to be tipped more favourably to the West.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by omega25red(m): 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2010
beyond all that has been mentioned above electricity etc the problem is that those abroad are caught within an unescapable system. you have all the amenities but the bills never stop you get the good roads but the taxes never go down you get the medical care but the health care costs never go down. So we moan and cry because there are things we miss about being in nigeria at the same time we can't leave because we enjoy all the amenities but paying for it is a b!tch. By the time you get your paycheck and all the bills and taxes you have to pay what you have left for yourself is usually nothing. For those who continue to pretend for those back home that they are something they aren't, the cries and moans is even louder because they have to borrow steal and cheat (most of the time) to keep up the front.

so why is it difficult to return home? well amenities and a very good quality of life a decent govt, people you can hold accountable, medical, police, etc is better than being at home without the things i mentioned above
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by JesusloveU: 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2010
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by WAVixen: 7:13pm On Aug 22, 2010
Siena:

What about all those that remain in Nigeria (some by choice) yet still moan about Nigeria, and her shortcomings?

Every country has its issues, though weighing up the issues in Nigeria, and let's say the United States, the scales tend to be tipped more favourably to the West.

agreed, but most in the west make it sound like they are in bondage.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by JesusloveU: 8:24am On Aug 23, 2010
God help us .
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by omofat: 11:51am On Aug 23, 2010
Another diaspora bashing thread masked as a genuine human interest story sad
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by hackney(m): 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2010
Im ok here in the west abeg.
I earn more than my childhood friend who is a bank manager in lagos.
Coupled with all the amenities and safety here.

Out here, nobody cares about what you have and nobody is really after you for
your wealth like the norm in nigeria.

The west is a leveller where everybody here(no matter what your family is back home) is on almost equal
playing field as against in naija where if you dont know someone, you are literally finished!.
(i know people oo!! but what about all those 1st class guys that dont? ; makes me sick)

Again i dont see what the hype is about returning home (to all that rudeness everywhere;young and old); after all the people yapping about us returning home are not in their villages (you are somewhere else) so whats the point?
Is it about building the nation? let the yeye govt provide electricity that every other country has. (no shame)

Is it the distance? By the time you get to the east from lagos via road (death trap garnished with robbers) which is
over 8hrs, i've already got there from here, had a bath, settled in and had a round of Nkwobi @mbari kitchen or some fish @
item 7.  grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by obi123: 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2010
Godbless you Hackney for your honesty . i feel the same way too,

i have been meaning to go home for ages now but i have now given up.

i like that i can tell when i will arrive at my destination, i like that i can go unto tfl and literally decide whether to drive, tube or bus it
i like that i get home and i have electricity never mind my grumbling when i get my bills at the end of 3mths
i like that i have running water!!
i like that the roads are maintained without fail
i like that i am not wasting my life endlessly stuck in traffic all the time wondering when awon boys will come out
i like that when i dial for an ambulance like i did last week for my flatmate , they were there in 10mins all the time they were on the phone telling me what to do
i like that yes i spent thousands for an education but boy am i reaping the fruits of my dad's labour literally and making him proud, he is also reaping big time
i like that i work 35hrs a week pere!!!
i like that because no one sends you here , you can just be yourself i beg, no pressure at least for me
i like that i can plan my time and resources and direct my efforts accordingly
i like the peaceful , calm life which i have been able to carve out for myself here why in the world would i want to change that

yes there are taxes which i dont mind at all, at least i have an idea of where my tax goes

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by Redman44(m): 1:32pm On Aug 23, 2010
This is the kind of thread I've been waiting for  smiley smiley smiley  As a researcher and someone who loves looking for information online, I've been researching the potentials of different Nigerian States for some months now. There are a lot of factors that are keeping many Nigerians in the diaspora from coming back home. This is not to say some Nigerians have not returned to set up businesses in the country. However, they are in the minority sad sad.  The living conditions in Nigeria are terrible. I travelled out of Nigeria for the first time in early 2007. I was in for a rude awakening as soon as I landed at Gatwick Airport. From the Airport to my destination, all I noticed was an efficient system that was organized. The street lights and road signs from Gatwick to South-East London were functional and well illuminated. The Cab driver who was a Jamaican just asked for the postcode of where I was going and punched it into his TomTom device. As he drove, he started telling me of how he made his living as a Cab driver and other matters about his status in Britain. By the time I disembarked at my lodging, I had already known a lot about Britain. What I'm trying to say is that living among informed people matters a lot. How many Nigerian cab drivers take the time to buy newspapers and know what is happening in the country?

In Europe and America, the worst houses have electricity and water. I have come across houses that are dilapidated in some parts of England, but you'll be shocked to find out that there is running water and power in them. In Nigeria, you have to be a politician, very rich businessman or fraudster to afford 24-7 light and water.  Let's go to the transportation sector. In Nigeria, it is very difficult to set out for work and know the exact time you'll arrive at the office cry cry  You're consistently held in traffic and bogged down by bad roads. And sometimes, you might be unlucky to fall into the hands of unscrupulous traffic officials like the notorious LASTMA in Babatunde Raji Fashola's Lagos.  In Britain [ Let's not talk about the advanced transport system in Germany and Holland ], you can determine the exact time you'll get to work. This is because the train, underground tube system and the bus transport systems have been computerized. You can sit in your house and plan your journey. You can find out when the next train towards West London will be arriving at the station near you. You can even plan your journeys to other parts of Britain through the National Route Planner. We are yet to do these kind of things in Nigeria.

How about job opportunities and the chance to make a living? Many Nigerians are afraid of returning home because of the lack of jobs and sustainable ways of making a living down there. While I don't want to be an armchair critic, I know that there are not many job opportunities in Nigeria as compared to Europe and North America. If you're hardworking, you will find a job in Europe or America. The job might not be a pleasant job, but you will make good money in due course. It is not easy to displace citizens of European countries from getting jobs that are comfy. The problem with Nigerians is that they want to land in Europe today and be working in a top job the next week shocked shocked. Things do not work like that. There are different kinds of jobs that can be done in Europe.  In Nigeria, you have to pray, fast and hustle thoroughly to even get a factory job which pays you peanuts. I have also found out that some cleaning and factory jobs pay more than some executive jobs in Nigeria. It all depends on how we look at. Let me tell you something. I have seen people who are leaflet distributors in Britain and who are paid about £40 daily for distributing 2000 leaflets. These guys are very fast and they set out of their homes by 6.00am in the morning. £40 is about 11,000 Naira in Nigeria. How many companies can pay you that amount per day in Nigeria? These are the kind of situations that Nigerians look at before making up their minds to stay abroad.

How about the opportunities for personal development? There are hardly any places in Nigeria where you can go to develop your sporting abilities anytime. We don't have parks, community sporting centres and discount gyms in our neighbourhoods. There are parks all over Europe and North America, and you don't have to pay to use the facilities there. How well stocked are the libraries in Nigeria? Do Nigerian Libraries promote their activities in the neighbourhoods they are meant to serve? In London, the Libraries are ever ready to help you develop your potentials. And these are just local libraries. I'm not talking about the British Library or University Libraries o. All you need is to get someone to act as a referee for you and a proof of address, and you're given a smart card to access library services. You can browse the net or read and borrow books as you want. There are many charities that can also develop your potentials when you volunteer for them. We don't have that kind of personal development structure in Nigeria. The painful thing is that most Nigerians abroad are not even making full use of the facilities I've mentioned sad sad

I can go and on but I need to stop here. The reasons why Nigerians abroad moan are the taxes and high transport fares they have to pay to survive. It is not Disney World in Europe and America. That is why some Nigerians live in Europe for 15 years without anything to show for it. Some are struggling to pay their mortgage while others have to fraudulently obtain council housing. Bringing up children in Britain is not easy. You've got to feed, clothe and give them some change as pocket money if you don't want them to join gangs and sell drugs. Sincerely, Britain is not an ideal place to bring up your kids. As for returning to Nigeria, I respect those who make that decision. Nigeria is a developing country and there are lot of potentials in the country. There are many business ideas I've noticed that will work in Nigeria.  The best place to enjoy your money is in Nigeria. We need more Nigerians who have lived In Europe, North America and Australia to come and start businesses in Nigeria. I don't see any reason why Nigerians stay back in Europe if they're not really doing well there. Why can't they save up [ Sacrifice clubbing and buying new clothes ] and come home to start something? The hard currency will translate to more cash in Naira and you can take your dreams from there. We might have useless leaders in Nigeria, but the determined ones will make lemon juice out of the lemons that life throws at them. A well thought out business idea with some research on Nigerian areas will yield good money. Let me stop here for now. Will come back later. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by JUO(m): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2010
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by JesusloveU: 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2010
I am going home soon to set up a business in Naija.And i will come back here to testify how easy to live and do business in Naija.I know that am doing well here abroad,but i will like to set up a nice business in my country Naija and see how things goes.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by Golfer: 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2010
Brilliant write up redman44.

The main reasons are for the fear of the UNKNOWN factors; Nigeria is very unpredictable (we never know what will happen next). Then for a profesional to leave the comfort of his job and stable living environment and embark on a journey of uncertainty is difficult for some.  Relocating will at that point have go against logic, because if you have a table and line up the benefits and disadvantages, the logic of  " There is no place like home" might be the winning arguement.

Then the cost of relocation is so high about $40k (£26k) for an average professional.

Below are some costs, just off the top of my head.

Cost of relocation

Relocation of personal effects N750k
Average family house (for a professional in Lagos) to rent = N1.5m per annum
for 2 years = N3m
Generator =N1.5m
Car = N2m
Domestic help = N250k per annum
School fees = Hmmmm!
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by freshera: 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2010
Redman44:

This is the kind of thread I've been waiting for  smiley smiley smiley  As a researcher and someone who loves looking for information online, I've been researching the potentials of different Nigerian States for some months now. There are a lot of factors that are keeping many Nigerians in the diaspora from coming back home. This is not to say some Nigerians have not returned to set up businesses in the country. However, they are in the minority sad sad.  The living conditions in Nigeria are terrible. I travelled out of Nigeria for the first time in early 2007. I was in for a rude awakening as soon as I landed at Gatwick Airport. From the Airport to my destination, all I noticed was an efficient system that was organized. The street lights and road signs from Gatwick to South-East London were functional and well illuminated. The Cab driver who was a Jamaican just asked for the postcode of where I was going and punched it into his TomTom device. As he drove, he started telling me of how he made his living as a Cab driver and other matters about his status in Britain. By the time I disembarked at my lodging, I had already known a lot about Britain. What I'm trying to say is that living among informed people matters a lot. How many Nigerian cab drivers take the time to buy newspapers and know what is happening in the country?

In Europe and America, the worst houses have electricity and water. I have come across houses that are dilapidated in some parts of England, but you'll be shocked to find out that there is running water and power in them. In Nigeria, you have to be a politician, very rich businessman or fraudster to afford 24-7 light and water.  Let's go to the transportation sector. In Nigeria, it is very difficult to set out for work and know the exact time you'll arrive at the office cry cry  You're consistently held in traffic and bogged down by bad roads. And sometimes, you might be unlucky to fall into the hands of unscrupulous traffic officials like the notorious LASTMA in Babatunde Raji Fashola's Lagos.  In Britain [ Let's not talk about the advanced transport system in Germany and Holland ], you can determine the exact time you'll get to work. This is because the train, underground tube system and the bus transport systems have been computerized. You can sit in your house and plan your journey. You can find out when the next train towards West London will be arriving at the station near you. You can even plan your journeys to other parts of Britain through the National Route Planner. We are yet to do these kind of things in Nigeria.

How about job opportunities and the chance to make a living? Many Nigerians are afraid of returning home because of the lack of jobs and sustainable ways of making a living down there. While I don't want to be an armchair critic, I know that there are not many job opportunities in Nigeria as compared to Europe and North America. If you're hardworking, you will find a job in Europe or America. The job might not be a pleasant job, but you will make good money in due course. It is not easy to displace citizens of European countries from getting jobs that are comfy. The problem with Nigerians is that they want to land in Europe today and be working in a top job the next week shocked shocked. Things do not work like that. There are different kinds of jobs that can be done in Europe.  In Nigeria, you have to pray, fast and hustle thoroughly to even get a factory job which pays you peanuts. I have also found out that some cleaning and factory jobs pay more than some executive jobs in Nigeria. It all depends on how we look at. Let me tell you something. I have seen people who are leaflet distributors in Britain and who are paid about £40 daily for distributing 2000 leaflets. These guys are very fast and they set out of their homes by 6.00am in the morning. £40 is about 11,000 Naira in Nigeria. How many companies can pay you that amount per day in Nigeria? These are the kind of situations that Nigerians look at before making up their minds to stay abroad.

How about the opportunities for personal development? There are hardly any places in Nigeria where you can go to develop your sporting abilities anytime. We don't have parks, community sporting centres and discount gyms in our neighbourhoods. There are parks all over Europe and North America, and you don't have to pay to use the facilities there. How well stocked are the libraries in Nigeria? Do Nigerian Libraries promote their activities in the neighbourhoods they are meant to serve? In London, the Libraries are ever ready to help you develop your potentials. And these are just local libraries. I'm not talking about the British Library or University Libraries o. All you need is to get someone to act as a referee for you and a proof of address, and you're given a smart card to access library services. You can browse the net or read and borrow books as you want. There are many charities that can also develop your potentials when you volunteer for them. We don't have that kind of personal development structure in Nigeria. The painful thing is that most Nigerians abroad are not even making full use of the facilities I've mentioned sad sad

I can go and on but I need to stop here. The reasons why Nigerians abroad moan are the taxes and high transport fares they have to pay to survive. It is not Disney World in Europe and America. That is why some Nigerians live in Europe for 15 years without anything to show for it. Some are struggling to pay their mortgage while others have to fraudulently obtain council housing. Bringing up children in Britain is not easy. You've got to feed, clothe and give them some change as pocket money if you don't want them to join gangs and sell drugs. Sincerely, Britain is not an ideal place to bring up your kids. As for returning to Nigeria, I respect those who make that decision. Nigeria is a developing country and there are lot of potentials in the country. There are many business ideas I've noticed that will work in Nigeria.  The best place to enjoy your money is in Nigeria. We need more Nigerians who have lived In Europe, North America and Australia to come and start businesses in Nigeria. I don't see any reason why Nigerians stay back in Europe if they're not really doing well there. Why can't they save up [ Sacrifice clubbing and buying new clothes ] and come home to start something? The hard currency will translate to more cash in Naira and you can take your dreams from there. We might have useless leaders in Nigeria, but the determined ones will make lemon juice out of the lemons that life throws at them. A well thought out business idea with some research on Nigerian areas will yield good money. Let me stop here for now. Will come back later. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com

FANTASTICA!!!

hackney:

Im ok here in the west abeg.
I earn more than my childhood friend who is a bank manager in lagos.
Coupled with all the amenities and safety here.

Out here, nobody cares about what you have and nobody is really after you for
your wealth like the norm in nigeria.

The west is a leveller where everybody here(no matter what your family is back home) is on almost equal
playing field as against in naija where if you dont know someone, you are literally finished!.
(i know people oo!! but what about all those 1st class guys that dont? ; makes me sick)

Again i dont see what the hype is about returning home (to all that rudeness everywhere;young and old); after all the people yapping about us returning home are not in their villages (you are somewhere else) so whats the point?
Is it about building the nation? let the yeye govt provide electricity that every other country has. (no shame)

Is it the distance? By the time you get to the east from lagos via road (death trap garnished with robbers) which is
over 8hrs, i've already got there from here, had a bath, settled in and had a round of Nkwobi @mbari kitchen or some fish @
item 7. grin grin

FANTASTICACA!!! grin
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by kokoye(m): 2:23pm On Aug 23, 2010
The sad thing is why you open a thread about returning to Nigeria, you'd be surprised at home many people will scream at you saying 'you think you want to come and take your fake 'fone' and useless foreign degree to take over our jobs' !!

Can you comprehend that?

But then they are continually bashing people who choose to stay abroad.

what do we really want??
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by freshera: 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2010
All the good things we see in the West are the products of some people's sweat, tears and blood not just black slaves but white visionaries.

I heard there was a time when they used to kill witches by jungle justice and they also had their own corruption days.

If they did not make the necessary sacrifices then, we would not be thinking of emigrating today. Nigerians abroad need to come back home, change others' mentality (in different areas) and fight for a better life for the next generation.

The ancestors of the present Westerners fought and worked for what they have today through several wars and pestilences of old. Even as at today, they are still working on how to make their society better. We should not give up on Nigeria.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by kokoye(m): 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2010
It is hard to have a decent conversation with people who think every Nigerian in the west is doing a menial job.

Some cannot understand that there are millions of Nigerians abroad who are actually very comforable wherever they choose to be.

Say whatever you like, but I have been treated way better here in the states: foreigner or not, they will treat you with respect.

I have been slapped by a policeman in Nigeria because I asked a very simple question: 'why'. I had a green light but he wanted me to stop so a 'white man' (lebanese) could pass.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by kokoye(m): 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2010
freshera:

All the good things we see in the West are the products of some people's sweat, tears and blood not just balck slaves but white visionaries.

I heard there was a time when they used to kill witches by jungle justice and they also had their own corruption days.

If they did not make the necessary sacrifices then, we would not be thinking of emigrating today. Nigerians abroad need to come back home, change others' mentality (in different areas) and fight for a better life for the next generation.

The 'white visionaries you talk about were appreciated for it. Not in Nigeria - you will be made a laughing stock.

How many people have lost their lives in Nigeria . . and what has come out of it?

The fact that people are very hungry in the midst of plenty will make them do anything for money. . . talk about kidnapping . . you think it will stop?

Even siblings kidapping each other, people getting themselves kidnapped for peanuts.

If you do not have good money if Nigeria, you will be oppressed. Simple

Except you choose to retire to your village and be a farmer.

This is why there is so much fraud / kidnappings going around.

Let's get real.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by Golfer: 2:47pm On Aug 23, 2010
I agree completely  because professionals in diaspora are the ones to bridge the gap between the haves and the haves not by creating mid scale businesses with a difference.  

However, it is not easy and before you know it a returnee throws away all (good) that he/she has learnt for the same bad things that we complain about everyday in the name of survival.  

There are several who actually want to relocate but find it really difficult in terms of relocation cost and finding work.  
There are also several that have relocated and run back 1 year later because they were not prepared.

freshera:

All the good things we see in the West are the products of some people's sweat, tears and blood not just black slaves but white visionaries.

The ancestors of the present Westerners fought and worked for what they have today through several wars and pestilences of old. Even as at today, they are still working on how to make their society better. We should not give up on Nigeria.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by yinka85: 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2010
kokoye:

It is hard to have a decent conversation with people who think every Nigerian in the west is doing a menial job.

Some cannot understand that there are millions of Nigerians abroad who are actually very comforable wherever they choose to be.

Say whatever you like, but I have been treated way better here in the states: foreigner or not, they will treat you with respect.

I have been slapped by a policeman in Nigeria because I asked a very simple question: 'why'. I had a green light but he wanted me to stop so a 'white man' (lebanese) could pass.

Makes me wonder as well.

The hospital I had my first child overseas has 18 Nigerian Doctors and Nurses on their payroll.

¨Everyone is doing menial jobs overseas and hence do not have the resources to relocate home¨.END OF STORY
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by uyakachi(m): 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2010
IS SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU FIND A BETTER HOME ABROAD .THAT'S WHY

BUT STILL NO BETTER PLACE LIKE YOUR ORIGINAL HOME NO MATTER WHAT!!
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by suedoh2006(m): 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2010
I choose to live in USA and i love it. Develop Nigeria with my money when if there's is riot, your property will be target. Well i'm living good, i have cars, good job and freedom to carry my gun for my personal defence and plus the cop here are ready to sacrifice their live for you not like NPF so what else can i ask for?
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Return Home? by kokoye(m): 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2010
uyakachi:

IS SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU FIND A BETTER HOME ABROAD .THAT'S WHY

BUT STILL NO BETTER PLACE LIKE YOUR ORIGINAL HOME NO MATTER WHAT!!

Stop fooling yourself.

Define 'Home'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Approves Upgrade Of Benin Airport To Int’l Standard With Cargo Terminal / Coronavirus: India Suspends Tourist Visas / What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.