Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (131600 Views)

Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / Does Culture Define The Way Nigerian Men Act In Relationships To A Large Extent? / Colonial Alaigbo (Igboland) in Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by chyz(m): 6:45pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Chyz, that song was not in Ngwa.

Well then it only proves the diversity in Ngwa too.maybe they dont speak ur own.  grin
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Onlytruth(m): 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

Yes, it is MY Aro people. The most mixed of any Igbo group yet we claim Igbo. Our own lect includes many Ibibio words.

And just because you cannot understand the Igbanke and Ukwuani dialect does not mean any other Igbo groups can't. I am pretty sure people from Anamabra would understand what is being said.

Thank you again.
Chinenye is funny.

I can even understand Imo and Abia because I grew up in Onitsha where every Igbo lives. So I can understand all Igbo dialects.  cool
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

Yes, it is MY Aro people. The most mixed of any Igbo group yet we claim Igbo. Our own lect includes many Ibibio words.
That's fine, if that's how your people feel about it, but that only concerns YOUR people. You cannot speak for others.

EzeUche22:

And just because you cannot understand the Igbanke and Ukwuani dialect does not mean any other Igbo groups can't. I am pretty sure people from Anamabra would understand what is being said.
I don't believe I stated (or implied) that other groups couldn't. . . if I did, please show me.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Dawgpound: 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2010
hhmm interesting stuff. I can see Igbo people are very diverse. My own people just got 5 clans and thats it. lol

Chyz, how are u able to upload music like that on NL? I can't do that.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by seanet02: 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

seanet 02,

Who is claiming Itsekiri? grin grin

We Igbos are not claiming them nor do we want to.

My map is an accurate portrayal of Igboland and it doesn't include Warri. This is not about the Itsekiri. Nor are any Igbo on this thread claiming Warri. To be honest, I thought Warri was part of Urhobo land?
how come the map indicates that warri is not in itshekiri land, this is another fake product by igbos
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by excanny: 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2010
Onlytruth:

I was shocked by the clarity of Igbanke! shocked
Ikwerre even shocked me more! shocked
I wasn't shocked by Ukwuani.  cool

Like I said, someone did a job on Ndigbo.

I think it is left for us to undo that job.

Whoever took part in the deliberate balkanizing of Igboland shall know no peace in their lives and will not even rest in it when they die.

1 Like

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2010
chyz:

Well then it only proves the diversity in Ngwa too.maybe they dont speak your own.  grin
That song wasn't done in Ngwa.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by chyz(m): 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

That song wasn't done in Ngwa.

How's this

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLpqquEiIR0[/flash] This definitely is Ngwa (Igboland)
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2010
Much Better.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Onlytruth(m): 6:53pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Much Better.

But I can understand this one as well. How do you explain that?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ezeuche10: 6:56pm On Aug 20, 2010
@seanet02, every body knows that warri is itshekiri, so stop making noise.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2010
^^what happened again? shocked
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by chyz(m): 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2010
Dawgpound:

hhmm interesting stuff. I can see Igbo people are very diverse. My own people just got 5 clans and thats it. lol

Chyz, how are u able to upload music like that on NL? I can't do that.

Insert the link in the  reply then take out the "watch?" then take out the "=" and replace the '=" with a "/" then highlight the link and click insert flash. You should be good to go from there. cool

1 Like

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 7:08pm On Aug 20, 2010
Onlytruth, I don't believe I stated anywhere that no one could understand it. . . Instead was only letting Chyz know that what was posted previously was not authentic.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Dawgpound: 7:10pm On Aug 20, 2010
Cool bro!!!!
Meka!!! Bari Bless You!! grin
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Onlytruth(m): 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Onlytruth, I don't believe I stated anywhere that no one could understand it. . . Instead was only letting Chyz know that what was posted previously was not authentic.

And of course you are the ONLY authority on Ngwa dialects.  grin grin

Bros Chinenye!  shocked lmao!  grin
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 7:14pm On Aug 20, 2010
@ Ezeuche
Leave that useless aigbofa who thinks he can bully ndigbo with insults.

@senet you are an empty head, you know that? Digging out Itshekiri constitution in an Igbo post.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2010
ezeuche10:

@seanet02, every body knows that warri is itshekiri, so stop making noise.

Who are you? Do not take my identity. angry
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 7:18pm On Aug 20, 2010
I probably speak Ngwa better than that yankee raised ChinenyeN with his Americana accent. grin
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 7:20pm On Aug 20, 2010
You two knuckle heads had better stop your various collective insults against Ndigbo or things could get nasty in here.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 7:22pm On Aug 20, 2010
I mean all this in complete seriousness.

Onlytruth, it is rather funny and stupid for you to try and be sarcastic like that. If you want to tell me that you doubt my familiarity with Ngwa, then simply be straightforward and state as such. Unless, of course, trying to be funny helps you convey your point.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2010
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 7:27pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche, now that statement of yours is genuinely funny (I mean this). At least to me it is. Hehh. . my yankee/americana accent. .
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ikenwan: 7:29pm On Aug 20, 2010
I haven't heard enough of what I like to call "deep Igbo" (Igbo spoken by very old people without any English words) to understand all the words in these songs. I think if they were speaking rather than singing, it would be easier to figure it out of course LOL. The disadvantages of a living language that exists as a dialect continuum. :/

Also, @EzeUche22 @THE_AMAKA @ChinenyeN @OnlyTruth: there's no reason to fight amongst yourselves and no reason to respond to barking dogs. If you fall into a titfortat, the original spirit of the thread dies -- [url]http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Don't_feed_the_Troll[/url]
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Onlytruth(m): 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I mean all this in complete seriousness.

[b]Onlytruth, it is rather funny and silly for you to try and be sarcastic [/b]like that. If you want to tell me that you doubt my familiarity with Ngwa, then simply be straightforward and state as such. [b]Unless, of course, trying to be funny [/b]helps you convey your point.

I don't know how small Ngwaland is. If it is anything as big as my town Nnewi, then it is simplistic to claim one "authentic dialect". I know for instance that our "intra-Nnewi" dialects mimic those of surrounding towns. I dare not tell a guy from a different border village of Nnewi that his dialect is not the authentic one. undecided

Same thing applies to Igbo nation.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2010
ikenwan:

I haven't heard enough of what I like to call "deep Igbo" (Igbo spoken by very old people without any English words) to understand all the words in these songs. I think if they were speaking rather than singing, it would be easier to figure it out of course LOL. The disadvantages of a living language that exists as a dialect continuum. :/

Deep Igbo is very hard to find in Alaigbo unless you go into the villages where our elders are. My grandmother would always speak Igbo and would not even speak English. I don't even think she spoke English. And she would tell us to only speak Igbo to her.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2010
No one is fighting, Ikenwan.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by paddylo1(m): 7:36pm On Aug 20, 2010
The Igbo experience in fishery does not extend beyond importing okporoko from the Norwegians. Ezeuche may be right, Alaigbo isnt landlocked. . . . . its land padlocked!     grin grin grin
shocked shocked shocked. . .Ibime. .God punish u.  .  .na my ppl u dey yab like that ehn. . .lol. . that was funny though

on the real though. .whether we are landlocked or not doesnt matter. .what matters is that igbos are rich enough to buy whatever land we want. .wherever we want in Nigeria. . . cool
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 7:36pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN,

You seem to be Igbos weakest link on NL. You always go against the majority of the Igbos on NL concerning a united Igboland. You try to divide us and act like your small clan is its own group. And other groups use your words to attack us.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ezeagu(m): 7:40pm On Aug 20, 2010
Onlytruth:

I don't know how small Ngwaland is. If it is anything as big as my town Nnewi

Well, that's insulting, Ngwa could probably fit 20 Nnewi's into it with space left. The land size is quite big, big enough to be a state.

Map is here:

http://books.google.com/books?id=2ITAF9_hlIQC&pg=PA18
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 7:40pm On Aug 20, 2010
Onlytruth, I also never stated that there was one authentic Ngwa. Stop insinuating.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by abadaba(m): 7:40pm On Aug 20, 2010
@Aigbofa and Seanet: Why not go and cover your faces with bucket of shitt. Your attempts to impress and sound smart has not helped your ignorance but has made you to land in the fat sack of monkey shitt. Go and screw your grandma's because Ndi Igbo are found in 7 states. Despite some proportions in Benue, Edo and Akwa Ibom. Fuckheads.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply)

18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. / Do You Consider Somalis As Black? / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.