Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) - Culture (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (131624 Views)

Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / Does Culture Define The Way Nigerian Men Act In Relationships To A Large Extent? / Colonial Alaigbo (Igboland) in Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2011
@andrew
i presume you have secured the shop.
ha makate??
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 8:25pm On Apr 22, 2011
iwonbaoko:

@andrew
i presume you have secured the shop.
ha makate??
So, do you know who your people are, or don't you?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 22, 2011
you this chinenye guy you funny well well
first you say where i from then
you say who be my people
are you custom or immigration
or just busybody
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 9:39pm On Apr 22, 2011
Well, I guess it's a crime to ask questions, then. . don't get what the difficulty is in answering though, but okay. You don't want to let us in on who your people are. I guess that's okay, but you could have just simply told us straight-forward that you don't want to say. No harm in that, instead of all the dodging you're doing; rather suspect, if you ask me.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by AndreUweh(m): 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2011
It is difficult concluding the true extent of Ala-Igbo but this map is the most acceptable. It might not have included the micro Igbo communities in Edo, Akwa Ibom and Benue states, but that is the best we can offer.
Happy Easter, Igbo bu Igbo, Oden'igbo, and ogbakoIgbo.

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2011
i no ask u naa.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by AndreUweh(m): 10:11pm On Apr 22, 2011
iwonbaoko:

i no ask u naa.
Lil fry, this thread is about the true extent of AlaIgbo, thou shall not derail.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 22, 2011
that is plus alaba naa
eze ndi igbo lagos
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 22, 2011
nna ennnnnnnnnnn
that ya map
no reach lagos naa?
na ona get lagos naa??
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 10:52pm On Apr 22, 2011
Andre, be smart and don't waste your posts. Iwanbaoko evidently didn't come here serious-minded. Even being dodgy about who his own people are. *shrug* So don't spend too much time on him, like you tend to do with most other non-serious-minded people.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 22, 2011
chinenye
the fact that i do not want to share personal information with a stranger does not make me dodgy.apologise for that
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 11:33pm On Apr 22, 2011
iwonbaoko:

chinenye
the fact that i do not want to share personal information with a stranger does not make me dodgy.apologise for  that
See, you could have just told me straight-forward, "no, I'd rather not", and we wouldn't even be having this discussion. By the way, how exactly is it such 'personal information' who your people are? Abi you don forget na Naijirianz/Afrikanz we be? grin Na customary to ask such, and na customary to ansa. But if na di tin dey so very pesonal to you, then alright. To each his own, I guess.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 22, 2011
it is not for you to tell me how to conduct myself. the word dodgy is an insult. do you stand by it?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 12:18am On Apr 23, 2011
Man, all this just because I am curious about who your people are? Is it that serious for you to not tell me? Geez. Well, sorry then. Don't wind yourself up over this. I really don't believe it has to be this serious.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ektbear: 2:26am On Apr 23, 2011
Which LGAs in Benue are primarily Igbo?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ezeagu(m): 2:31am On Apr 23, 2011
It's hard to say because the Idoma are mixed with the Igbo.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ektbear: 2:34am On Apr 23, 2011
What do you mean, "mixed with Igbo"?

Many Idoma are of Igbo descent. . . ? Intermarriage? What?

Are there any LGAs in Benue where Igbo is the primary language, for example?

LGAs in Benue, FWIW:
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Chyz2: 3:21am On Apr 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Which LGAs in Benue are primarily Igbo?

There are indigenous Igbo communities in Ado LGA. As far as other LGAs, there may be but i have to do more research.

ekt_bear:

Idomas are very related to Igbo. This is not by intermarriage primarily but, according  to stories I read, our mixing with them have been going on for ages. There are even claims that we were one ethnic group at a time. You can definitely find lots of info about Igbo/Idoma relations through internet sources. On another note, but relative, you can't look at David Mark and tell me that you would think twice about him being an Igbo man if you saw him in person,even if you didn't already know he's not Igbo,lol. He's an Idoma man.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ektbear: 3:33am On Apr 23, 2011
^-- Yeah, the red hat thing he wears made me wonder if there is a connection.

Hrm, interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idoma_people

Some of the southern Idoma, seems like a connection.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ezeagu(m): 4:10am On Apr 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Yes, many member of the Northern Igbo communities are intermarried with the Idoma, and some Idoma are of Igbo descent, also the same for the Igala who share even gods (alusi) with the Igbo.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 23, 2011
keep it up .by the time you finish accra will be igboland
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2011
hmm. . looks like someone seems a bit threatened by a simple discussion of ancestry and kinship. Or, maybe it would be better if I just asked: what exactly is your problem? Why are you being so cynical over this simple discussion of ancestry and kinship? Do you think people are out to annex you or something? Na simple question o, no vex.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche2(m): 10:19pm On May 11, 2011
ChinenyeN:

hmm. . looks like someone seems a bit threatened by a simple discussion of ancestry and kinship. Or, maybe it would be better if I just asked: what exactly is your problem? Why are you being so cynical over this simple discussion of ancestry and kinship? Do you think people are out to annex you or something? Na simple question o, no vex.

If you talk more like this, then I will not have a problem with you.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Ngodigha: 10:28pm On May 11, 2011
Nice thread.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 3:46am On May 12, 2011
EzeUche_:

If you talk more like this, then I will not have a problem with you.
How is that any different from how I typically talk?

By the way, seeing as to how someone has bumped up this topic, I guess now is as good a time as any to say that I'm writing a complete rebuttal to Ijo-Bonny origins, because it is challenge-able, and besides, someone has to.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by fadhill: 4:32pm On May 12, 2011
Why do you people take this issue as if Ibo is an Nation. There has never been a time when you have stopped beign a Tribe. Kindly read books as the best treasure of this world is found in books. Kindly read before you pride up to say South Africa was Ibo land next day.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 5:53pm On May 12, 2011
Wetin dey worri yu sef? The extent 'Igboland' has long since been established, and as such, it is no longer a discussion topic. Instead this is now just a simple discussion of kinship and ancestry. So wetin dey worri yu?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ezeagu(m): 10:23pm On May 13, 2011
What about Benue? What local governments have people identifying as Igbo in them?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ezeagu(m): 12:26am On May 14, 2011
I found an interesting website, has anybody registered on it?

http://www.igbomatch.com/phpBB2/index.php

Maybe this discussion should be moved there.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by aljharem3: 7:08am On May 14, 2011
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by AndreUweh(m): 12:43pm On May 14, 2011
^^^
Uche, Port Harcourt is just at the Southern borders of that bolded line. 75% of Port Harcourt falls under Igboland.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by odumchi: 10:19pm On May 15, 2011
[url]http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images&source=mog&hl=en&gl=us&client=safari&q=Igbo%20land%20map#i=12[/url]

That's a rough map of Igboland. Why? Because Igbos were transports and they moved around. The Aros have spread themselves all throughout Southern Nigeria creating Igbo settlements in Bini-land, Ijawland, Calabarland and etc. This map shows the area of land directly influenced by Igbo culture, language, etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (70) (Reply)

18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. / Do You Consider Somalis As Black? / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.