Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,921 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Nigeria Village Square Hacked! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Village Square Hacked! (2992 Views)

Nigeria Village Square Website Hacked! / Nigerian Village Square Inducts Bishop Oyedepo Into The Hall Of Shame / Nairaland Is Nigeria's Village Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by suleyaha: 9:40am On Aug 20, 2010
The influential Nigerian web site and discussion forum Nigeria Village Square has been hacked by an unknown person or persons going by the name DJ Z3R0. I have long had a fear that as the 2011 elections approach, online media outlets which cannot be bought may simply be hacked to prevent them spreading negative publicity. While I am not certain that this has anything to do with the 2011 elections, I still have my doubts. Next - SaharaReporters?
Re: Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by desgiezd(m): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2010
Sahara Reporters, Pointblank News, Elendu Reports, The Times of Nigeria, Nairaland and others have to take precautions immediately. One can not trust our desperate politicians.
Re: Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by Ibime(m): 10:03am On Aug 20, 2010
Odikwa serious. . . I did not know that they have started kidnapping websites in Nigeria as well as people. . . Nigeria village square ransom fee has been set at N10m. grin grin grin

www.nigeriavillagesquare.com
Re: Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by snowdrops(m): 1:32pm On Aug 20, 2010
Nairaland may be next.
Re: Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by desgiezd(m): 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2010
Nigeria Village Square is back!
Re: Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2010
Noted
snowdrops:

Nairaland may be next.
Re: Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 20, 2010
All the techies on Nairaland should help save Nairaland ooo. Make dem no kidnap nairaland o!!
Re: Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by RichyBlacK(m): 2:37pm On Aug 20, 2010
Interesting.

desgiezd:

Nigeria Village Square is back!

Not true as at 1:35 PM GMT August 20th, 2010.
Re: Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by philip0906(m): 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2010
snowdrops:

Nairaland may be next.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by desgiezd(m): 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2010
As at the time I said "Nigeria Village Square is back" I opened that site and read an article titled "The Day The PDP Died" by Levi Obijiofor. I have just re-opened the site now and it opened.
Re: Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by tpiah: 3:02pm On Aug 20, 2010
it's still down.

isnt this the same fellow who said he hacked the nigerian reps website.

then came to nl to boast about it.

and what's with the symbol?
Re: Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by Beaf: 4:05pm On Aug 20, 2010
[size=14pt]PHP websites are the most insecure areas of the internet![/size]
Imagine a single technology accounting for "43% in 2006, 36% in 2007, 35% in 2008, and 30% in 2009" of ALL vulnerabilities Worldwide.

The National Vulnerability Database stores all vulnerabilities found in computer software. The overall proportion of PHP-related vulnerabilities on the database amounted to: 20% in 2004, 28% in 2005, 43% in 2006, 36% in 2007, 35% in 2008, and 30% in 2009.[43] Most of these PHP-related vulnerabilities can be exploited remotely: they allow crackers to steal or destroy data from data sources linked to the webserver (such as an SQL database), send spam or contribute to DoS attacks using malware, which itself can be installed on the vulnerable servers.

These vulnerabilities are caused mostly by not following best practice programming rules: technical security flaws of the language itself or of its core libraries are not frequent (23 in 2008, about 1% of the total). [44][45] Recognizing that programmers cannot be trusted, some languages include taint checking to detect automatically the lack of input validation which induces many issues. Such a feature is being developed for PHP,[46] but its inclusion in a release has been rejected several times in the past.[47][48]

Hosting PHP applications on a server requires a careful and constant attention to deal with these security risks.[49] There are advanced protection patches such as Suhosin and Hardening-Patch, especially designed for web hosting environments.[50]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP#Security
Re: Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2010
Abajo,
I was trying visiting NVS some hours ago and I couldn't
Re: Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by DeepThough: 11:43pm On Aug 20, 2010
Looks like it was briefly restored and then went offline again. I also briefly accessed the site for a short while and can't do so again
Re: Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by DisGuy: 12:01am On Aug 21, 2010
Aigbofa:

All the techies on Nairaland should help save Nairaland ooo. Make dem no kidnap nairaland o!!

you'd be surprised, most of the techies on nairaland are certificate waving techies with the big egos
Re: Nigeria Village Square Hacked! by Kobojunkie: 2:55am On Aug 21, 2010
Dis Guy:

you'd be surprised, most of the techies on nairaland are certificate waving techies with the big egos

Well, the techies did not make the choice to go with the technology that was chosen for the site.

(1) (Reply)

Gej Didn't Sack Ifueko Omoigui-okauru / Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records / Buhari Takes Selfie with young nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.