Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,930 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

How Do We Educate The Uneducated Masses Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do We Educate The Uneducated Masses Of Nigeria? (490 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Sings Asake Organize To Educate The Audience At National Theatre / VIDEO-NNAMDI KANU ORDERS WAR IN IGBO LAND IN 14 DAYS: SAYS MASSES OF IPOB TO DIE / Nnamdi Kanu Set To Educate The World Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Educate The Uneducated Masses Of Nigeria? by Delivar(m): 8:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
From my observation the problem Nigeria is having seems to be as a result of lack of education. This education is not really about going to school and acquiring degrees. This education is about the mindset of the citizens. In my opinion the mindset of the average Nigerian isn't really advanced. This underdeveloped mindset is the root cause and responsible for the loads of issues we face in this nation. It perfectly explains why Nigeria keeps churning out bad leaders because there is no way you can get good leaders from citizens with a bad mindset. If we really want this country to change I think we should be asking ourselves how we can educate the uneducated masses and not just blaming bad leaders which is not even the real cause of the problems we face. If the masses are modernized in thought and action Nigeria will surely get modernized.

To educate the uneducated masses, those of us who are modernized in mindset must have to teach and upgrade those who are not modernized. Here on Nairaland and other online social venues we do witness the modernized and enlightened posters make attempt to school the uneducated ones. But unfortunately only a small fraction of Nigerians socialize online. The bulk of the very uneducated Nigerians like those in the north are actually not on online so the preachings from the educated ones doesn't really reach far and wide to make any impact beyond Nairaland. That's why online polls will always read different from polls taken in the streets. We need a more efficient and wider means to reach out to the millions of uneducated Nigerians to modernize their mindset.

Religion is very popular in Nigeria. Churches and mosques pull a very large audience. I think this should be a good avenue to teach the uneducated Nigerians the modern ethics that are vital to the progress of the country and also the seed to generate good leaders and responsible citizens. Unfortunately this channel is not being utilized at all. I don't really understand the usefulness of religious institutions in Nigeria because it hasn't translated to producing educated citizens. Religion in Nigeria promises better life instead of explaining practicable means of achieving this better life. I think pastors and imams need to dedicate a large chunk of time to preach about things that can upgrade the mindset of the large pool of uneducated citizens out there. It's only when the masses are educated that this country starts to develop. Trying any other thing is just a waste of time.

What innovative ways can be adopted to educate Nigerians? This is the issue we should take more seriously and not wasting time on APC and PDP who are just the same politicians.

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Educate The Uneducated Masses Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 05, 2019
Wow, I don't even have to read to jump on this. Anyway, I read it sha o.

I developed two strategies and both still had one thing in common- a sound flexible but firm educational policy. Otherwise, all effort will always go back to square one.

Education shouldn't be seen as a privilege but an entitlement. To educate the woman in the market, you must ensure that nothing affects her goods while she is learning.

Unfortunately in our own society, you are expected to throw 'your life' away to gain education after which you start searching for a life again...shiooor (sorry for that).

With a sound, flexible and encompassing policy, I can assure you that within 2years, there will have been a remarkable impact in this regard.

Note: I intentionally avoided writing about the strategies but perhaps as comments role in, I will be oppurtuned to explain bera
Re: How Do We Educate The Uneducated Masses Of Nigeria? by onubijoe(m): 9:31pm On Feb 05, 2019
You cannot offer what you do not have.

The only way to tackle the educational problems in Nigeria is to choose who is cable and able and the person must be educated unlike the APC led administration that most of the leaders are uneducated
Re: How Do We Educate The Uneducated Masses Of Nigeria? by Delivar(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2019
onubijoe:
You cannot offer what you do not have.

The only way to tackle the educational problems in Nigeria is to choose who is cable and able and the person must be educated unlike the APC led administration that most of the leaders are uneducated
But how do you expect uneducated people to be able to choose educated leaders? And how we expect educated leaders to emerge from the uneducated masses?

1 Like

Re: How Do We Educate The Uneducated Masses Of Nigeria? by onubijoe(m): 10:53am On Feb 06, 2019
Its high time for the elite to stands upright and leave political sentiment, religion and tribalism to elect the better persons.

We knew the desperate once are not fully educated but some of the have passion for it

Take for example , over three months now Strike every where because the person there did not understand what education is all about and some fools still wants to re-elect the same people killing our destinies.

This same man has insulted Nigerians youth be lazy why there is no job opportunity but his son granduated 2017 but controlling billions of Naira

Its obvious that politicians are almost the same but there are better ones compared to what we are seeing

Delivar:

But how do you expect uneducated people to be able to choose educated leaders? And how we expect educated leaders to emerge from the uneducated masses?
Re: How Do We Educate The Uneducated Masses Of Nigeria? by sutsef134: 11:54am On Feb 06, 2019
wooo smiley
Re: How Do We Educate The Uneducated Masses Of Nigeria? by Delivar(m): 5:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
onubijoe:
Its high time for the elite to stands upright and leave political sentiment, religion and tribalism to elect the better persons.

We knew the desperate once are not fully educated but some of the have passion for it

Take for example , over three months now Strike every where because the person there did not understand what education is all about and some fools still wants to re-elect the same people killing our destinies.

This same man has insulted Nigerians youth be lazy why there is no job opportunity but his son granduated 2017 but controlling billions of Naira

Its obvious that politicians are almost the same but there are better ones compared to what we are seeing

When you say "elites" it means the upper class in Nigeria having higher intellect and social economic status. This category of Nigerians are just about 2% or less. The numbers isn't sufficient to influence the election and elect "good" leaders. That's if there are any good leaders available from the pool of the uneducated political class who emerged from uneducated masses.

Education comes first in importance of this country is ever going to move forward.

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Google Use Pictures Of Thieves As Official Picture Of Benue State? / Vote And Go Home, Don't Defend Any Vote. / Buhari's Minister Introduces 4+4 Dance Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.