Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So (62583 Views)

Soludo Is The First Governor To Use Made In Nigeria Car As Official Vehicle / APC Reacts To Bukola Saraki Drives Into Offa Town In Kwara State (photos) / Bukola Saraki Drives Into Offa Town In Kwara State, Residents Cheer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Fubaracole99(m): 10:56pm On Feb 06, 2019
Ndonu101:
this is life changing for the people of this town

people who only go their village by boat will now go by road
am a true son of OPOBO I tell you we're all happy driving down to our community without passing through water ways... Wike loves OPOBO oooo

11 Likes

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Fubaracole99(m): 10:57pm On Feb 06, 2019
gidgiddy:
Can anyone confirm that the native language of Opobo people is Igbo?
yes partially because we lost our language which is Ibani

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by okrikaboi: 10:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
gidgiddy:
Can anyone confirm that the native language of Opobo people is Igbo?
Its between Ibani and Wakirike which is a subdivision of ijaw

1 Like

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Fubaracole99(m): 10:59pm On Feb 06, 2019
Olanireti:
Wao, this is highly Commendable. I was serving(NYSC) in Opobo when Wike came to do the Flag off. One statement I made then was, 'I hope it would not be abandoned'. I'm really happy for the people of Opobo. Movement to and fro then was a thug of war. You either use bike from Borí to Òpóbo Town then(1hr plus) at the price range from #1000 or you either go to Ikot Abassi in Akwa Ibom state then use speed boat from there to Opobo. I can not forget the experience in a hurry. Thank God for Preservation of life.
Truly you have been in OPOBO, this road is the road that leads to kalaibiama our small community and it's now like an express, you need to visit OPOBO again
Hope to visit the town someday, now that there's good road.

1 Like

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Fubaracole99(m): 11:00pm On Feb 06, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
Is there now a bridge between Ogoni Land and Opobo/Nkoro?

The closest I got towards Opobo is just before Joseph Yobo(footballer's) and Sen. Magnus Abe's villages - Deeyor.
yes ,about 4bridges before you get to OPOBO

7 Likes

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Fubaracole99(m): 11:01pm On Feb 06, 2019
senatordave1:

Apc will take opobo.
go and die, no Apc in my Town... We have buried them all even Dakuku peterside is shy of coming home

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by amaniro: 11:15pm On Feb 06, 2019
Fubaracole99:
read before commenting, Gov Wike is the first governor to drive in into OPOBO kingdom, Amaechi normally come with helicopter or by Boat

isn't that more advantageous of wike side?

1 Like

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by caandi: 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2019
Click on this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///Gs8SEvtqhY2Bu8j9znpqQz
Welcome everyone!
In conjunction with Ella bloom business fashion world,
Aleaze Global Fashion Concept is located at *Lagos island Mandilas*

We deal in wholesales only

HOW DO WE SELL
1) Serious buyers only and we assure to give you nothing but the best.
2) You share pictures with others even outside this group chat.
3) You can dm/pchat me a number to add to the group.
4) For privacy of other members and non disturbance this group chat can be only operated by admin and only admin can send messages.
5)If you have any order to place, send a private message on my whatsapp 08037844157 (Ifeanetu Victor emeka)
6) Delivery nationwide is available.
7) you can share the group chat link to potential customers.
P.s All prices are wholesale prices, so pls negotiate well.
Available are;
✔men's shirt , all stock
✔men's chinos
✔men's Jeans
✔caps
✔wrist watches
✔Men's casual and office foot wear
✔Men's office shirt
✔ Men polo & T-shirt
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by CanineOfJackal: 11:26pm On Feb 06, 2019
senatordave1:

Apc will take opobo.
You always talk like a kid

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by DerrickzB: 12:09am On Feb 07, 2019
senatordave1:

Apc will take opobo.

Hehehe.. who be this one??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by DerrickzB: 12:11am On Feb 07, 2019
Fubaracole99:
go and read about King jaja of OPOBO the great merchant trader and stop asking foolish questions

Hehehe.. bro they are some people that are naturally mad.. u don't have to waste your time on such people please

8 Likes

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by dokyOloye: 1:31am On Feb 07, 2019
DerrickzB:

Hehehe.. who be this one??
He is a programmed robot

3 Likes

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Nobody: 5:37am On Feb 07, 2019
PurplePatch:
So this is an achievement. Smh!
....a BIG ONE
He drove into the city.....meaning BRIDGES were constructed

11 Likes

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by eaglejay13(m): 6:55am On Feb 07, 2019
PurplePatch:

A big one, because there was no road to Opobo kingdom as it is surrounded by water.

15 Likes

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by wanate(m): 7:15am On Feb 07, 2019
I see most ppl making comments without knowing anything abt Rivers State apart from what dy read online. Is driving to Opobo a good thing? The ans is Yes. U knw why because d hazards involved in travelling by water will b no more. B4 once dere is rain, no way to go to opobo, both by water nd air, but nw ppl can drive. Wike has tried in rivers state nd its clear to every1 resident in d state. The only place i'll score him low is employment. Ciao

13 Likes

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by michoim(m): 9:17am On Feb 07, 2019
So Wike has become an Opobo man now...Lol

1 Like

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by nephemmy(m): 9:19am On Feb 07, 2019
rubbish...history kor Biography ni
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Groovenaija360(m): 9:21am On Feb 07, 2019
grin
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by otokx(m): 9:21am On Feb 07, 2019
English comprehension is a big challenge in Nigeria.
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by SouthEastFacts: 9:25am On Feb 07, 2019
Thank you Mr Projects. I almost fainted the last time I went to Opobo using those speed boats

5 Likes

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by obaataaokpaewu: 9:25am On Feb 07, 2019
I would like to visit Opobo one day

5 Likes

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Customer80: 9:27am On Feb 07, 2019
Olanireti:
Wao, this is highly Commendable. I was serving(NYSC) in Opobo when Wike came to do the Flag off. One statement I made then was, 'I hope it would not be abandoned'. I'm really happy for the people of Opobo. Movement to and fro then was a thug of war. You either use bike from Borí to Òpóbo Town then(1hr plus) at the price range from #1000 or you either go to Ikot Abassi in Akwa Ibom state then use speed boat from there to Opobo. I can not forget the experience in a hurry. Thank God for Preservation of life.

Hope to visit the town someday, now that there's good road.
It wasn't wike that started it rather Peter Odili did in 2005, while I served 2006 Feb to 2007 Jan in Opobo kingdom, work was ongoing till I left, they had already connected inyoro to andoni by a constructing a link bridge, I didn't know whether Amechi continued with the work by doing a connecting bridge to kalaibiama to will lead to Opobo town
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Dino98: 9:27am On Feb 07, 2019
amaniro:
So Amaechi didn't go to Opobo kingdom

There was no road before into the town before I think.

Dakuku peterside who is from that area was commisioner of works under Ameachi but did notin.

8 Likes

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by wanate(m): 9:30am On Feb 07, 2019
PurplePatch:
Yes it is, do u know hw hazardous water transportation is? Especially using speed boats? The thing is now opobo has a road connection with od parts of rivers state, development will be fast tracked dia. The plights of most riverine communities in rivers state is d lack of roads connecting dem to d capital.
So yes Wike is to be commended.

9 Likes

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Customer80: 9:31am On Feb 07, 2019
Afam4eva:
Is there now a bridge to Opobo?
yes there are several of them connecting ogoni land to inyoro to onyanda in andoni, to kalaibiama to opobo town. Am happy for opobo kingdom

6 Likes

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by meeketta: 9:34am On Feb 07, 2019
Reminder!! Election Is Around Corner Be Wise!
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Customer80: 9:34am On Feb 07, 2019
Next move now will be connecting minima, epellema and queenstown with bridge, Happy for the great people of opobo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benue Indigenes React To Nnamdi Kanu's "No Biafra Without Rivers & Benue" Talk / Fire razes David Mark’s residence in Benue / Ben-Bruce's Daughter At The Headies Award 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.