Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,185 members, 7,860,258 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:25 AM

Why Today's Relationships Don't Last - Final Part - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Today's Relationships Don't Last - Final Part (361 Views)

My Relationships Don't Last / Why Today's Relationships Don't Last / Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Today's Relationships Don't Last - Final Part by LoveCapsule(m): 10:46am On Feb 07, 2019
Now, from our previous part, the major problem that’s responsible for the breakdown in relationships today is insincerity whereby, some individuals will pretend to be in love in order to achieve their own selfish desires. And the reason why your love life isn’t working or hasn’t been working is because you may have fallen victim to the deceit and schemes of these set of individuals who enjoy toying with people’s emotions.

And also, because of the heartbreaks you may have experienced in the past due to this problem of insincerity, you might have decided to give up on love because to you, people are all the same. But I want to let you know that they are still good people out there and the reason why you keep falling for the bad ones is because of your inability to differentiate between the good and bad.

Or your own case might be that you discovered the deceit very late and you may feel like the damage has already been done. But I want to let you know that its better late than never. Thank God you were even able to discover the truth at all. Lots of people are still trapped in the lies and deceit without even realizing that they were and are still being deceived by their partners and by the time they may get to discover the truth, it might already be too late then.

Imagine if Elizabeth had not discovered the truth like she did, am sure you will agree with me that in addition to losing her pregnancy, she might have also lost her life. What about James, imagine what would have happened if he had not realized that he was deceived, he would have continued with the marriage not knowing that his wife was cheating on him with several men. So, like I said before, its better late than never.

Now, if you fall into any of the above categories, I will like to welcome you to a new dawn, because, once a problem is revealed, it can be countered, corrected and even reversed. But if you fall into the category of those who have not encountered these set of deceitful individuals before, then I will also like to welcome you because, what you are about to learn will help you avoid heartbreaks later on. After all, prevention is better than cure.

So, how can you differentiate between the good and bad, the sincere and insincere, true love and deceitful love? It is by adopting a set of guidelines and principles that will help you see through the deceits and lies before they even begin. Below are some of some of those guidelines:

1. Study before engaging: Learn to study people from afar and pay close attention to their character and behaviors before coming close to them or engaging them in a conversation. And if possible, it’s even better to study them before they become aware of your presence. This way, you get to know a little about their true character and behaviors before they notice you.

After you must have studied them from a distance and concluded that you are comfortable with their behaviors, then by all means, make them aware of your presence or even engage them in a conversation.

2. Learn to ask questions: During your conversation with them, try and ask intelligent questions that will help reveal more about their character. And when I say you should ask questions, am not implying that you should turn the conversation into an interrogation, instead, try and be subtle in your approach. As a matter of fact, make it a habit to be genuinely interested in knowing more about the people you interact with, because, that will enable you understand who they really are and not who they want you to see.

If after the conversation you are still comfortable with their character and would like to meet them again, then you can go ahead and exchange contacts in order to stay in touch. This way, you have some level of understanding about them before taking the interaction any further.

3. Don’t be greedy: If during the point of study or interaction, you discover that you are not comfortable with their character or behaviors, it better you don’t even engage them at all. But if you are already interacting with them, then try and find a way to end the conversation as soon as possible, in a respectful manner of course.

Don’t continue with the interaction because of what you think you may stand to gain by getting close to them. This is the foundation of greed and selfishness that is causing problems in relationships and marriages today. And rather that combating the problem, you will end up becoming part of it. So don’t be greedy!

4. Make your intentions clear: If after interacting and knowing more about them for some time, you discover that they are the type of person you would like to be in a relationship with, then it’s better to make your intentions known. And the best way of doing this is with your actions, not just your words. Remember, action speaks louder than words and I think it’s even better to make your intentions known with your actions before saying anything. This way, you would be able to tell if your intentions are well received before uttering any words.

5. Learn to be patient: After you must have made your intentions known either through your words or actions, pay close attention to see if the other person needs more time to be sure that they also want to be with you. It’s better to be patient by giving them some time to also find out more about you. But at this point, you must be careful not fake any attitude or behavior with the hopes of convincing them to accept you. This is a very bad foundation to start any relationship on, one that is doomed to fail. And also, don’t try to entice them with money or sex in order to win their love and affection because it will backfire.

6. Know when to walk away: Now, if after giving them some time to know more about you and to see if they would want the same thing you want, you discover that their feelings for you aren’t mutual and it doesn’t look like there’re ever going to be, then, I will advise you to walk away without looking back. This way, you save yourself the pain and heartbreaks that might come up later.

In conclusion, by following the above guidelines, you get to avoid the problem before it even emerges because, you would already know how to differentiate between the good and bad, those who are sincere and those who are not, true love and deceitful love. Thereby avoiding the pains and sorrows that comes with ending up in a bad relationship or marriage.
Re: Why Today's Relationships Don't Last - Final Part by solz007(m): 11:40am On Feb 07, 2019
Thanks For what you've done Really Got A Lot

1 Like

Re: Why Today's Relationships Don't Last - Final Part by Biglittlelois(f): 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2019
Nice!!!

(1) (Reply)

She Stood Me Up: The Story Of Favour And Leo. By SADOZO / ... / How To Exit The 'friend Zone' And Start An Intimate, Romantic Relationship With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.