Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now (14272 Views)

FaZe Censor & Yanet Garcia Break Up So He Could Focus More On Video Games / Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time / Video Games That Killed People In Real Life (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by vasaratti: 9:26am On Feb 08, 2019
With the whole ten year challenge craze that has been going on for quite sometime now, let's take a quick look at how far/how good video games have become since the last decade. *Spoilers* You'll be astonished.

From the time video games were only played on black and white TVs to the days when arcade games were the popular and having a 2d graphic video game was considered the most "visually stunning" Here 15 Then Vs.Now Picture that depicts how far video games have evolutionized in the last decade.

1 Like

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by vasaratti: 9:32am On Feb 08, 2019
#10: Pro Evolution Soccer (PES)

This was a game that was in the console of almost every Nigerian that owned a PS2, Pro Evolution Soccer known as PES in and formerly known as Winning Eleven is a football video game that has been around for quite some time now, while not as old as most games in this but the video game no doubt deserve a mention considering the major advancement the game has had so far both graphically and gameplay wise.

Then:

Now:

18 Likes

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:46am On Feb 08, 2019
Space occupied, carry on. cool
Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by vasaratti: 10:01am On Feb 08, 2019
Final Fantasy

The Final Fantasy might be one of the most obscure video games in the series but it deserve a mention due to the consistency the Franchise has kept for close to 32 years now, not many video games have achieved such feat.

From 1987 till date the Final Fantasy has maintained a good level of consistency till now, which is very surprising since the first installment in the series which was released 32 years ago was meant to be a wrap up for Square Enix as video game developer but tides turned and the series and the Franchise has so far seen huge improvement.

Then

Now:

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by vasaratti: 10:26am On Feb 08, 2019
Legend Of Zelda
The first entry of the Legend of Zelda Franchise began with you controlling a pixelated elf dude named Link trying to save a princess Zelda and ever since 33 years ago with close 20 installments in the series, Link hasnt still saved Zelda undecided

Then:

Now:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by purplekayc(m): 10:30am On Feb 08, 2019
vasaratti:
Legend Of Zelda
The first entry of the Legend of Zelda Franchise began with you controlling a pixelated elf dude named Link trying to save a princess Zelda and ever since 33 years ago with close 20 installments in the series, Link hasnt still saved Zelda undecided

Then:

Now:

keep posting please.

3 Likes

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by vasaratti: 10:38am On Feb 08, 2019
Grand Theft Auto
At initial nrelease, GTA was largely a driving video game but with time the franchise evolutionized into the open world game which it's popular for.

There has has been huge development in the video games both graphically, gameplay wise and financially of course

Then:

Now:

19 Likes

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by hopefulLandlord: 11:32am On Feb 08, 2019
winning eleven on ps1. the memories wink

Shibata! goal!! irientogol!!!

Shatanscorner!

Shuta!

Those days when Roberto Carlos is always put in striking or wing position. one two with Ronaldo (both at Madrid and Brazil) and its a goal. Carlos should be the highest goal scorer by a huge margin if there's a way to collate the data of all the goals scored in ps1. The commentators call him something like "Doberento Carlos"

I even got so used to Carlos as striker on ps1 that when I moved to ps2 I still put him as striker until I realised he's not as good there as he was in ps1. it was a "culture shock" cheesy

Also on ps1 master league you can sign a Carlos from Madrid and another Carlos from Brazil. I remember having a Carlos on both wings. Ronaldo Delima as striker then another Delima on the bench in case one of the three starters get injured or suspended

I also remember the Ronaldinho free kick trick in which all you need do is go twice to the left or right (depending on where the wall is) then press the box/carpet button till the gauge gets to the "d" in Ronaldinho. if you happen to make a mistake during free kick all you need do before the player kicks it is to pause and change kicker in the formation menu. your freekick would be reset

Also about when you have red cards and there's a hole in the wall during freekicks the sent off player should've been.

Nostalgia wan kill me for here

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by vasaratti1: 11:41am On Feb 09, 2019
A classic example here, virtually everybody refers to the first Lara croft once talking concerning visual advancements in gaming

The 2000 tomb Raider game featured a rather angular Lara Croft…

The evolution of technology has allowed designers and developers to be more inventive and realistic with their games, and we’re getting to see more of these ‘cinematic’ video games released within the future.

Then:

[img]https://gamingheartscollection.files./2018/02/img_0289.jpg[/img]

Now:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by vasaratti1: 12:13pm On Feb 09, 2019
Super Mario

One of the most iconic video game in history with figure familiar to both gamers and non gamers alike, Super Mario made its entry on the list was no doubt a worthy mention on the list considering the amount of years the video game has remained consistent.

Super Mario is getting that made the childhood of most gamers and the video game is also doing a great in shaping the childhood of young gamers.

Then:

Now:

[img]https://boygeniusreport.files./2017/05/super-mario-odyssey-e3-2017.jpg[/img]

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by vasaratti1: 12:43pm On Feb 09, 2019
WWE

The original "WWF Smackdown!," later renamed "WWE Smackdown!" once the name was claimed by the world wildlife Federation, allowed players to control skilled wrestlers and claim the title belt.

The overall gameplay haven't really improved but graphically, the game has improved drastically.

Then:

Now:

11 Likes

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by vasaratti: 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2019
Mortal Kombat

Mortal Kombat was an instant success with the first entry in the series and ever since the video game has become a traditio to many gamers till date

Then:

Now:

Lalasticlala Cao

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by teewhydope(m): 6:35am On Feb 12, 2019
vasaratti:
Mortal Kombat /customimages/091618.jpg[/img]

Lalasticlala Cao

mortal kombat & pes cheesy
Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by hopefulLandlord: 7:04am On Feb 12, 2019
vasaratti1:

LOVE YOUR CURVES

AND ALL YOUR EDGES

60 Likes

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by Tokziby: 10:32am On Feb 12, 2019
Op, kindly include resident evil 1 on Ps1 and the RE 7 biohazard on PS4.

Its a 7up for sure, the difference is almost a 20year challenge grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 12, 2019
Reporting
Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by balastic121: 10:34am On Feb 12, 2019
technology have really advanced and changed a lota things especially video games
Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by Hakeem12(m): 10:35am On Feb 12, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

LOVE YOUR CURVES

AND ALL YOUR EDGES
she's your end and your beginning.

4 Likes

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by Cybertext(m): 10:35am On Feb 12, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
winning eleven on ps1. the memories wink

Shibata! goal!! irientogol!!!

Shatanscorner!

Shuta!

Those days when Roberto Carlos is always put in striking or wing position. one two with Ronaldo (both at Madrid and Brazil) and its a goal. Carlos should be the highest goal scorer by a huge margin if there's a way to collate the data of all the goals scored in ps1. The commentators call him something like "Doberento Carlos"

I even got so used to Carlos as striker on ps1 that when I moved to ps2 I still put him as striker until I realised he's not as good there as he was in ps1. it was a "culture shock" cheesy

Also on ps1 master league you can sign a Carlos from Madrid and another Carlos from Brazil. I remember having a Carlos on both wings. Ronaldo Delima as striker then another Delima on the bench in case one of the three starters get injured or suspended

I also remember the Ronaldinho free kick trick in which all you need do is go twice to the left or right (depending on where the wall is) then press the box/carpet button till the gauge gets to the "d" in Ronaldinho. if you happen to make a mistake during free kick all you need do before the player kicks it is to pause and change kicker in the formation menu. your freekick would be reset

Also about when you have red cards and there's a hole in the wall during freekicks the sent off player should've been.

Nostalgia wan kill me for here

Lol... I can relate.

Keeper fumbleee... Kokode sliding good grin

4 Likes

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by SyberKate(f): 10:35am On Feb 12, 2019
I miss playing video games cry

1 Like

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by Larryfest(m): 10:40am On Feb 12, 2019
PES on PS2 is still interesting any day any time to me...

4 Likes

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by Gidah: 10:40am On Feb 12, 2019
Busting my brain so many cheat codes, Mario kart was a hit too
Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 12, 2019
Super Mario. Missing em all.

1 Like

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by Gidah: 10:42am On Feb 12, 2019
Bucting my head if you don't have a book you write your mk brutalities and combos maybe u are a novice. Mario kart was a hit also

6 Likes

Re: Video Games Graphics Evolution: Then And Now by Dshocker(m): 10:43am On Feb 12, 2019
jerrysurewin03:
see details below

Can you please keep your fvcking arranged games to yourself,or better still,make yourself a multi millionaire from your sure game

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gaming Online Using Your Phone As A Hotspot. / Nigeria Gaming News And Competitions / How Can You Put Games On Ps Vita Without Catridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.