Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is (1011 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Popular Picture Of Jesus ?? / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by abulbanaat(m): 9:26am On Aug 22, 2010
Please Christians, kindly give us the proofs that the picture of Jesus being peddled about is actually the picture of 'son of man'.

We await your responses.
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 22, 2010
Go to sleep
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by Jenwitemi(m): 10:57am On Aug 22, 2010
Lol! They can never prove it because nobody actually knows how he really looked like. How can they prove that when they can't even convincingly prove his historical verisimilitude.
abulbanaat:

Please Christians, kindly give us the proofs that the picture of Jesus being peddled about is actually the picture of 'son of man'.

We await your responses.
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by abulbanaat(m): 7:31pm On Aug 22, 2010
babaearly:

Go to sleep

Actually i went to sleep and when I woke hope up I still found out you have not been unable to give us the proofs. Lol.
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by aletheia(m): 7:34pm On Aug 22, 2010
^^^Another silly "Muslim" thread! Oh its Ramadan, you just remembered that you are a Muslim. As a Christian, let me tell you: those pictures in no way represent the Son of God.
Repent or perish.
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by abulbanaat(m): 6:46am On Aug 23, 2010
aletheia:

^^^Another silly "Muslim" thread! Oh its Ramadan, you just remembered that you are a Muslim. As a Christian, let me tell you: those pictures in no way represent the Son of God.
Repent or perish.

Oh!You say a silly thread, silly indeed! So as a Christian you believe that picture (or those pictures) are not Jesus's. Wait a minute, are you making this conclusion for all the Christians or it is just own making?

Reason, many of you Christians still venerate these pictures; the Catholics still bow to them, you still watch Jesus film, e.g. the Passion of Christ, and shed 'passoinate tears'. Why, why do you then deceive the world with those pictures if it is not Jesus Christ's picture. Perhaps that picture is Satan's or an old idolized Greek (or Roman) figure.

You, aletheia, have just confirmed the belief that you Christians are fools. The Jews are wiser than you are.

It is all of you Christians that should rather go and sleep, and never wake up if you like.
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by abulbanaat(m): 7:02am On Aug 23, 2010
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by vedaxcool(m): 11:43am On Aug 23, 2010
abulbanaat:

Oh!You say a silly thread, silly indeed! So as a Christian you believe that picture (or those pictures) are not Jesus's. Wait a minute, are you making this conclusion for all the Christians or it is just own making?

Reason, many of you Christians still venerate these pictures; the Catholics still bow to them, you still watch Jesus film, e.g. the Passion of Christ, and shed 'passoinate tears'. Why, why do you then deceive the world with those pictures if it is not Jesus Christ's picture. Perhaps that picture is Satan's or an old idolized Greek (or Roman) figure.

You, aletheia, have just confirmed the belief that you Christians are fools. The Jews are wiser than you are.

It is all of you Christians that should rather go and sleep, and never wake up if you like.

LOL!! grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by jcross19: 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2010
look mr suicide bombers , those pictures were got by the archeologist if you don't know anything about discoveries okay . go on check dating in chemistry a little of it were discuss and stop blapping jagons and seacrc for the shraud of turin, pictures of edesa that will give you more about the pictures of christ .
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by aletheia(m): 2:27pm On Aug 23, 2010
abulbanaat:

^OK. It is the picture of Muhammad your prophet. grin

^This above doesn't look much different from this below:
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by nopuqeater: 8:22pm On Aug 24, 2010
@Aletheia; you know that there is no picture of Muhammad [as]. you and your enemy of islam clique drum that up. People see Muhammad in truth in dreams.

But Shaitan can take the form of any of your persons, gods that you care to remember.

camera wa not developed in the lifetime of the prophet [as]. it was after him. and to have you guys carry some image of jesus who was many centuries earlier is a sign of major issue that you need to see and feel. No wonder God had to be a man, and man God.

Aletheia, am praying that you do not perish. Go read Surah Maida, An Am, Araf and see what your disbeliever condition is.
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by jcross19: 9:54pm On Aug 24, 2010
why can't you reason withing yourself why mohammad doubted his soul when he was dying that was a big sign of a doom. and am very happy to be what i am and not a slaves of one gods
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by aletheia(m): 10:20pm On Aug 24, 2010
nopuqeater:

@Aletheia; you know that there is no picture of Muhammad [as]. you and your enemy of islam clique drum that up. People see Muhammad in truth in dreams.

But Shaitan can take the form of any of your persons, gods that you care to remember.

camera wa not developed in the lifetime of the prophet [as]. it was after him. and to have you guys carry some image of jesus who was many centuries earlier is a sign of major issue that you need to see and feel. No wonder God had to be a man, and man God.

Aletheia, am praying that you do not perish. Go read Surah Maida, An Am, Araf and see what your disbeliever condition is.
^Because it is you nopuqeater who is more polite and reasonable than most of your fellow Muslims who post, I will respond.
The OP's intent was to ridicule Christianity because misguided people venerate some pictures which they claim are pictures of Jesus. The early church did not venerate pictures of Jesus just as several millions of Christians today do not venerate pictures of Jesus or accept that such pictures represent Jesus. A position I made clear to the OP.

I know that in Islam, pictures of your prophet are not permitted (though not forbidden in the Qur'an) nonetheless there exists pictures of him that even some Muslims have in their possession. I posted the picture in order to demonstrate the foolishness of the OP's assertion - pictures of Muhammad exist. It is an example of the universal human tendency towards iconolatry.

Regards.
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by vedaxcool(m): 9:34am On Aug 26, 2010
jcross19:

why can't you reason withing yourself why mohammad doubted his soul when he was dying that was a big sign of a doom. and am very happy to be what i am and not a slaves of one gods

Are you quoting from the bible or from your heart?
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by TeskyMan(m): 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2010
Our youth are so full of anger that they are incapable of any association with non-Muslims and even some of their Muslim brethren.  They’re so confused about how to be Muslims and still live in a modern world. Notwithstanding the fact that they can borrow from examples of Muslim countries (especially) of South East Asia who are able to practice Islam and still live peacefully in a multi racial world.  Rather, the focus of our youth have always been “you’re not Muslim enough” even though Islam as practiced in northern Nigeria is pretty much intense as it is and more comprehensive than what is practiced in some Arab countries.  With such overzealous attitude, our youth unwittingly make Islam difficult for themselves and less attractive to anyone that may be interested in it.

An example will make this point clear.  In 628 CE, fourteen hundred Muslims led by Prophet Muhammad (SAW) left their base in Medina to perform Hajj in Mecca.  Mecca was then controlled by the non-Muslims and they denied the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and his followers access to it. This dismayed the Muslims and they wanted to fight, since Muslims had a superior army but the Prophet Muhammad’s interests were to avoid bloodshed, perform the Islamic rites and visit the city of his birth.

Thus he opted to reach a diplomatic agreement with the non-Muslims of Mecca. In the ensuing treaty, Suhail bin Amir, the envoy of the Meccans objected to the reference “Muhammad the messenger of Allah” in the document and wanted it removed, because as far as they were concerned, Muhammad wasn’t a messenger of God.  Ali, Prophet Muhammad’s nephew and secretary, didn’t want to remove it, because he believed doing so would be wrong.

But instead of taking a position and insisting that he was a messenger and causing an impasse, the holy Prophet (P) asked Ali to show him (since he was unlettered) where the word “ messenger” was, and personally rubbed it out.  The document finally read “Muhammad the son of Abdullah…”

He was that flexible. The only thing Prophet Muhammad wasn’t flexible about is the worship of one God, Allah.  Every other thing - including fasting and prayers - he practiced as far as the context and the situation permitted.  In line with this accommodating attitude, he once lodged a Christian delegate who visited him in the mosque.

However, if a single Christian steps into a mosque in northern Nigeria, those who invited him are likely to be declared infidels by our youths and a building or two are likely go up in flames.

In our society a scholar who does not preach harshly and label people unbelievers by the minute does not ‘sell’.  Additionally, the youth do not shout “Allahu Akbar” when a preacher talks about being good to a neighbor, or being honest in trade but immediately he labels someone an unbeliever or sentences him to hell, you’ll hear a thunderous “Allahu Akbar”.

This attitude is completely against the example the Prophet set.  He was so accommodating to the extent that even his enemies knew that they were safe in his presence.  And he had stayed the hands of many a companion who wanted to strike to protect his honour.  The earlier Muslims who came after the prophet, followed his accommodating personality. This is attested to by Dr Tilde in his epoch-making article: We are Boko Haram.

“I wish we Muslims in this part of the country will adopt the attitudes of the first generation of Muslims, the sahabah and those that followed them in righteousness (may God be pleased with them all) who, in pursuit of the teaching of the Holy Prophet (SAW) opened their hearts to various forms of knowledge and technology and from all sources: Chinese, Indian, Persian, Roman, European, African, etc. They revived the writings of Aristotle and bequeathed them to medieval Europe. They partook in technological development just as any other society, leaving behind a legacy of discoveries that were ironically the foundations of the very boko we ignorantly reject. They freely associated with everyone and were so liberal that their domains served as sanctuaries even to Jews when they were twice expelled from Europe. Many of them had partnered with them [non-Muslims] in trade and war and married Christian wives. I wish we will liberate our minds and give scholarship its due regard because with ignorance as our anchor we will have little to achieve and everything to lose.”

[size=16pt]This is a reasonable muslim, who for the first time in my life makes me to reason critically with his religion. If all muslim can be like the poster, i think the world will be a better place to leave. Weather, you believe it or not JESUS is coming Very Very Very soon.

Shallom.
[/size]

I know nairalanders would ask for source of this information. This i have provided below before you rain abuses on me.
Source,
http://www.saharareporters.com/article/angry-muslim-youth-part-1
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by abulbanaat(m): 11:07pm On Aug 26, 2010
The question once again is what is the proof that those pictures are those of Jesus's?

Please I need a simple answer do not derail.
Re: What Is The Evidence That The Popular Picture Of Jesus Being Circulated About Is by jcross19: 11:46pm On Aug 26, 2010
mr abul banana why, can't you read the precious posts that wil answer your question

(1) (Reply)

Be A Good Samaritan / Standing Tall And Strong Through Prayer / The One Way And The Only Way: Proves!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.