Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ (3055 Views)

Multiple Bomb Blast Shows Buhari Is Incompitent In Totality. A Call To Resign / Olusegun Obasanjo (OBJ) Declares He Is Now ‘ABJ’ - Anything But Jonathan / PDP: OBJ Declares War Over Uba’s Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Gbawe: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2010
Beaf:

shocked

Bigoted, because I called Jonathan cool? Surely that sounds really funny to you too! Abi na frustration?

Jonathan is cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool!!!!
How much of a bigot does the above make me in your books?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seems as if I always need to educate you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigotry

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, irrationality, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs

Who will say the above is not a description of you ?

Who , on Nairaland, does not know that you think the sun shines out of Jonathan's posterior while events on the ground paint a picture of a poor, compromised and corruption-friendly leader ? My man , you are a bigot . Pure and simple.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Beaf: 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2010
oyb:

more desperate lies

it was in obj's second term that he destroyed whatever good will he had previously earned.

the best achievements of his administration that directly impacted the lives of nigerians - telecoms deregulation - was in his first term

frightening, going by the fact that johnny is a wimp without any sort of backbone, what will he need, five terms? is that the agenda?

and what is new about jonathan's governmnt, pray tell, was he not part of yardua's administration? or are you implying that he was just a siddon look vp ?

If someone you call a wimp has been able to give us the following in 3+ months, then you need to redefine your understanding of the word.

Fuel yanfun yanfun!
Light is constantly improving!
Super grid has been signed and immediately kicked off! Mutallab and the terror blacklist have been forgotten!
NNPC has seen quantum changes in productivity!
There are now several positive political realignments all over the country and attempts to heal long running ethnic grievances.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nobody has countered any of the above. You know why? Its cos you guy's can't.

[size=14pt]Up Jonathan the action man!!![/size]
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Beaf: 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2010
Gbawe:

Seems as if I always need to educate you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigotry

Who will say the above is not a description of you ?

Who , on Nairaland, does not know that you think the sun shines out of Jonathan's posterior while events on the ground paint a picture of a poor, compromised and corruption-friendly leader ? My man , you are a bigot . Pure and simple.

Charlie, you need to look in the mirror!
Go through just this thread, read your responses and decide who has been intolerant.

[size=14pt]Up Jona the action man!
Fuel yanfun yanfun!!
Electricity, highly improved!!![/size]
grin
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by debosky(m): 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2010
So Beaf is in support of OBJ's declaration?

I guess all is fair in politics - achieving the goal by all possible meanss has always been the rule in Nigerian elections.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by yiboboy: 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2010
Beaf:

[size=14pt]Fuel brekete!
Up Jonathan in Totality!!![/size]

ROTFLMAO!!! See how corridors of power don begin change the perception of an erstwhile activist (so I thought). . . wahahala dey!!! grin grin grin
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by redsun(m): 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2010
Beaf:

Every new govt needs time to settle down. Even Obj that is seen as the most forceful and influential politician on the landscape today needed a full term to be able to stamp his will on the country. Everything about Obj comes from his second term.
A democracy is different from a dictatorship, especially in a country as diverse as Nigeria.

Irresponsibilities like you have in nigerian government is not democracy,it is anarchy and as long as the issues of irresponsibilities are not addressed,nothing can make sense,we will keep jumping from one rogue wagon to another.

Jonathan so far has shown that he is a part and parcel of pdp criminal empire headed by the kingpin,obasanjo,hence his indifference to high profile and glaring corruptions in nigeria that should have been dealt with by now under normal circumstances.

Same rogue(obasanjo) that should be in the cooler by now is backing him for presidency with his consent and approval.What does that say to your sane mind?
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Beaf: 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2010
debosky:

I guess all is fair in politics - achieving the goal by all possible meanss has always been the rule in Nigerian elections.

There is nothing wrong with Obj's statement, he is simply mobilising his party.
I support Jonathan to go for at least another term, nothing wrong with that also.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2010
this is the same person that was calling out obj on odi

anyway, you know what they say  paraquote - in politics there are no permanent enemies, only permanent interests.

if ibb were to do an about turn these johnny zombies would start singing ibbs praises
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Gbawe: 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2010
debosky:

Indeed. Jonathan's action of fraternising with the most ruinous hands in Nigeria shows that he is "more of the same" . The likes of Beaf do not stop to think of why it is only crooks and mercenaries , who have profited from the misery of Nigeria, that are mainly behind Jonathan. That is of no concern to them so far as their man remains President next Year. In their mind they can 'somehow' manage to rationalise the closeness of Jonathan to a mentor who masterminded "one of the worst elections seen in the history of man" .

They also fail to speak about how one of Jonathan and Nigeria's biggest enemy , only yesterday, is now in Jonathan's campaign team today i.e Aondoakaa. Sensible and principled folks know that you cannot associate yourself wth so many felons if you are not a felon yourself. This is why progressive and upright Nigerians who previously protested in the Streets for Jonathan subsequently went on to shun him and have now eventually begun to speak openly against him.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Beaf: 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2010
yiboboy:

ROTFLMAO!!! See how corridors of power don begin change the perception of an erstwhile activist (so I thought). . . wahahala dey!!! grin grin grin

I see something deeper in a Jonathan victory. The present political alliances need to be broken if the country is to ever progress.
We can't continue to expect a different result while doing things the same old way. We need fresh thinking and a fresh approach.

The only way forward for Nigeria is to begin make up a time table for the attainment of true federalism; there are cries for true federalism from the Middle Belt, South West (Fashola is the most vocal here), South East and South South.
The only aspirant with the backing of his region for such a programme is Jonathan.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by sjeezy8: 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2010
oyb:

this is the same person that was calling out obj on odi

anyway, you know what they say  paraquote - in politics there are no permanent enemies, only permanent interests.

if ibb were to do an about turn these johnny zombies would start singing ibbs praises

LOL
Im in support OBJ and Jonathan because I know if Jonathan doesnt become president in 2011- Southern Nigeria well namely SS and SE will wait another 30 years for presidency oppurtunity to come about again- If Nigeria doesnt split.

For a fact- After all the yaradua shenanigans and such- The north WILL dump Zoning after there Term is IS OVER. and no one in the SE or SS can convince northerners to vote for them, the SW doesnt even care about Zoning. The North DEF doesnt give two shitz about Zoning - they are just mad because its suppose to be their "turn" but after their "turn" is over- THEY WILL DUMP IT. Like the SW- because everyone saw how Northerners didnt vote for Obj in 2003- despite the fact they said it was zoned to the SW for 8 years

Northerners Only vote for Northerners - They dont give to shits about Zoning when Buhari ran for president he got 30% of all votes which came from  north, so that just shows that Northerners dont care whether there is a southern president or Not.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Beaf: 3:53pm On Aug 23, 2010
Gbawe:

Indeed. Jonathan's action of fraternising with the most ruinous hands in Nigeria shows that he is "more of the same" . The likes of Beaf do not stop to think of why it is only crooks and mercenaries , who have profited from the misery of Nigeria, that are mainly behind Jonathan. That is of no concern to them so far as their man remains President next Year. In their mind they can 'somehow' manage to rationalise the closeness of Jonathan to a mentor who masterminded "one of the worst elections seen in the history of man" .

They also fail to speak about how one of Jonathan and Nigeria's biggest enemy , only yesterday, is now in Jonathan's campaign team today i.e Aondoakaa. Sensible and principled folks know that you cannot associate yourself wth so many felons if you are not a felon yourself. This is why progressive and upright Nigerians who previously protested in the Streets for Jonathan subsequently went on to shun him and have now eventually begun to speak openly against him.

Jonathan hasn't even declared, but you claim Aondoakaa is on his campaign team? Damn! grin
You are just making all this stuff up as you go along sha.

Aondoakaa is a Middle Belter and his people haven't rejected him. You should go to Benue state to advice them to dump Aondoakaa, instead. grin
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2010
faust
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by bawomolo(m): 3:57pm On Aug 23, 2010
debosky:

abi o, the role of obj as kingsmaker is cherished now that our kinsman is coming into power.

smh
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by sjeezy8: 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2010
DONT BELIEVE ZONING- IT IS A LIE!

In 2003 northerners voted for Buhari. If they said PDP zoned it to the SW why did Northerners vote for Buhari when election time came up?

Northerners will never rig election in the north to favor a southern candidate.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Gbawe: 4:00pm On Aug 23, 2010
oyb:

faust

Precisely but I would not expect Jonathan's rabid fans to see your analogy at all.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Beaf: 4:02pm On Aug 23, 2010
I just feel like repeating these things, because it seems nobody can argue about any of them.

God bless Jonathan in "Totality!"
No to charlatans, yes to the cool, quiet achiever!

Fuel yanfun yanfun!
Super grid has been signed and immediately kicked off! Mutallab and the terror blacklist have been forgotten!
There are now several positive political realignments all over the country and attempts to heal long running ethnic grievances.

[size=14pt]All in 3 short months, up Joe![/size]
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by UyiIredia(m): 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2010
all hail Uncle Sege >>> old soldier never die >>> the guy still get im part for the drama  grin grin grin >>> gengen !!!
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by seanet02: 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

DONT BELIEVE ZONING- IT IS A LIE!

In 2003 northerners voted for Buhari. If they said PDP zoned it to the SW why did Northerners vote for Buhari when election time came up?

Northerners will never rig election in the north to favor a southern candidate.

OTO ORO KORO
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Gbawe: 4:16pm On Aug 23, 2010
Beaf:

I just feel like repeating these things, because it seems nobody can argue about any of them.

Why would anyone argue with the deluded and , frankly,  propagadist conclusions of a diasporan Nigerian? You should worry more about why Jonathan , despite his 'achievements' , is failing to win the backing of those who have always shown that they want what is best for Nigeria.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Akanbiedu(m): 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2010
Beaf:

If someone you call a wimp has been able to give us the following in 3+ months, then you need to redefine your understanding of the word.

Fuel yanfun yanfun!

Well we all understand the politics here. Dr. Jonathan simply allowed subsidy to continue. He is simply mortgaging Nigerians' future here. Yar'adua didn't have to play to masses' politics here because a second term was sure for him. To be fair to Jonathan I would have done the same- its not possible to go against the masses at this time.

This is a big lie. By the time the raining season ends, we shall see.

As if billions of dollars were spent recently on the same power. Why are you counting signing as a measure of success? why don't you wait till we see results? Over N350billions was spent on federal roads between 1999 and 2007. what was the result?

General statements from sycophants. In what way please. Babalola had to be moved from this ministry for declaring NNPC broke! I sense somebody is trying to hide something here.

Wind go blow, we go see fowl yansh. 2011. We  shall see about this!

Nobody has countered any of the above. You know why? Its cos you guy's can't.

[size=14pt]Up Jonathan the action man!!![/size]
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Beaf: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2010
Gbawe:

Why would anyone argue with the deluded and , frankly, propagadist conclusions of a diasporan Nigerian? You should worry more about why Jonathan , despite his 'achievements' , is failing to win the backing of those who have always shown that they want what is best for Nigeria.

Chineke! shocked shocked shocked
What wouldn't one experience in this vast World! So apart from being a bigot to you, simply from supporting Jonathan, I am now also a "diasporan Nigerian?" All because you cannot argue against the clearly visible points I have raised.

Na wa o! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Beaf: 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

This is a big lie. By the time the raining season ends, we shall see.

The increased power is coming from gas powered plants that aren't affected by rain. In fact power supply will increase even further in the dry season.

Akanbi_edu:

As if billions of dollars were spent recently on the same power. Why are you counting signing as a measure of success? why don't you wait till we see results? Over N350billions was spent on federal roads between 1999 and 2007. what was the result?

Of course, Mutallab and the terror blacklist are now dim memories! That is one huge success!
As for the billions you are talking about that were spent on power; for some reason Yar Adua's govt abandoned 2000+ containers in the ports to the extent that they accrued demurrage of 4 billion Naira and were being auctioned. Tax payers money! Jonathan's govt released the 2000+ containers with immediate effect. Talk about action and value!

Bids for the immediate construction of the super grid have already been recieved. Its construction is an immediate thing.

Akanbi_edu:

General statements from sycophants. In what way please. Babalola had to be moved from this ministry for declaring NNPC broke! I sense somebody is trying to hide something here.

Nigeria's only source of money is oil and in the previous regime, the money was going straight into personal pockets. Jonathan has brought accountability into the NNPC for the very first time in its history. In fact Babalola's statement was based on the auditing of NNPC's books. That place is no longer a dark alley for accountants; NNPC is meant to serve Nigeria, not private pockets and for the first time in its history, it is functioning correctly. Fuel yanfun yanfun! grin
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Gbawe: 4:50pm On Aug 23, 2010
Beaf:

Chineke! shocked shocked shocked
What wouldn't one experience in this vast World! So apart from being a bigot to you, simply from supporting Jonathan, I am now also a "diasporan Nigerian?" All because you cannot argue against the clearly visible points I have raised.

Na wa o! grin grin grin grin grin

Very reasonable and logical conclusion. It is mainly diasproran Nigerians and kinsmen of Jonathan who will support a man who has totally abandoned the running or Nigeria for the sake of parochial pursuit.

Why would I , as a Nigerian on the ground , wan't to argue with propaganda? What improving electricity are you talking about? You childishly gloat about a "super grid" as if this is the first time signature has been appended to paper fo a laudable project with eventual zero end product !!! Did the NIPP scheme not sound good also back then at point of inauguration? Your remaining points are non-starters that do not even merit a response. NNPC is moribund yet Jonathan feels silencing the voice of truth is the way forward. His sycophants  ,like you , then want to continue the deception by talking of "quantum changes in productvity" .  grin grin

Sycophants are aligning , because they smell desperation , behind a President they know will make them rich because of how he has to buy their support as per his intrinsic incapacity to appeal to Nigerians on merit . It is only you that will interprete the coming together of mercenaries  to mean that "there are now several positive political realignments all over the country and attempts to heal long running ethnic grievances.".

You are simply a lost cause.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by naso2(m): 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gbawe, how market? wink
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Gbawe: 4:57pm On Aug 23, 2010
na_so:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gbawe, how market? wink

Market dey "kampe". How "operation totality" dey go ?
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by naso2(m): 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2010
^^^^^^
yea we are watching the political space. Nothing is set in stone yet.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Beaf: 5:04pm On Aug 23, 2010
Gbawe:

Very reasonable and logical conclusion. It is mainly diasproran Nigerians and kinsmen of Jonathan who will support a man who has totally abandoned the running or Nigeria for the sake of parochial pursuit.

. . .

You are simply a lost cause.

Thank you. Can you now rationally counter these points or give (because, clearly, so far you no get points grin)?

God bless Jonathan in "Totality!"
No to charlatans, yes to the cool, quiet achiever!

Fuel yanfun yanfun!

[size=14pt]All in 3 short months, up Joe![/size]
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by tkb417(m): 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2010
ill rather go with OBJs declarion and his pact with GEJ than pray for the return of IBB

i concur with operation totality or fckever its called

IBB/Atiku should go and rest
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by PapaBrowne(m): 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2010
[size=16pt]Operation totality!!![/size]It is a fight to finish!! The game has begun!!! Nigeria must change!!

Infact I'm going to print out 50 really cool [size=16pt]Operation Totality[/size] tees to dole out to free of charge!!!

@Gbawe
Jonathan might not be cool to you,but he has 170,000 fans on facebook that think he is really cool!!
Everyday, between 1000 & 2000 of them post gleeful praises on his page. And you know what, they belong to all tribes,with Yorubas being by far the highest number!!
For many of them Jonathan is a cultlike figure. To those that can't live with this fact, there is a whole lot of electric poles around which you could give a bear hug!!

[size=16pt]Operation Totality!!![/size]
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2010
tkb417:

ill rather go with OBJs declarion and his pact with GEJ than pray for the return of IBB

i concur with operation totality or fckever its called

IBB/Atiku should go and rest
I guess at the end of the whole shiot,we would settle for the lesser of two evil.na wao
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by HighChief4(m): 10:24pm On Aug 23, 2010
Jonathan if rigged into the presidency will surely be a failure, the guy is so corrupt and has served under so many corrupt govts(Alams and Yaradua). He is very weak and deceitful(Nigeria needs somone with radical mind and vision driven force). His romance with the former failed politicians is only an insight that he will never do better, we keep going in circles and not moving any forward. I dnt know when provision of steady fuel qualifies someone as the best candidate. OBJ failed as a president, but he did so many things while in office, but there are so much that come with democracy, until we have a government that is accountable to Nigerians the trend will never end.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! / Edmund Obilo Speaking @ Civic Centre Ibadan, Today @ 2pm. Join Us! / PPPRA: Nigeria Has Saved N671billion In Subsidy Claims In 10months!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.