Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ (3054 Views)

Multiple Bomb Blast Shows Buhari Is Incompitent In Totality. A Call To Resign / Olusegun Obasanjo (OBJ) Declares He Is Now ‘ABJ’ - Anything But Jonathan / PDP: OBJ Declares War Over Uba’s Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Beaf: 10:30pm On Aug 23, 2010
High_Chief:

Jonathan if rigged into the presidency will surely be a failure, the guy is so corrupt and has served under so many corrupt govts(Alams and Yaradua). He is very weak and deceitful(Nigeria needs somone with radical mind and vision driven force). His romance with the former failed politicians is only an insight that he will never do better, we keep going in circles and not moving any forward. I dnt know when provision of steady fuel qualifies someone as the best candidate. OBJ failed as a president, but he did so many things while in office, but there are so much that come with democracy, until we have a government that is accountable to Nigerians the trend will never end.

Funny. Other govts spent years trying to sort the very same fuel problem and failed.
Uncle Joe has done it in just 3+ months as President, because he attacked the problem from the root. Get rid of corrupt NNPC officials, make the place accountable and fuel will flow. Its a simple formula that has worked wonders.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2010
I love OBJ and still do, but Project Jonathan

We shall see.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by HighChief4(m): 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2010
Beaf:

Funny. Other govts spent years trying to sort the very same fuel problem and failed.
Uncle Joe has done it in just 3+ months as President, because he attacked the problem from the root. Get rid of corrupt NNPC officials, make the place accountable and fuel will flow. Its a simple formula that has worked wonders.
So why dont we say OBJ is the best president or supported his 3rd term cos he solved the problem of Tele communication that previous govts b4 him could not achieve, I think d problem with nigeria from the look of things is not Leadership but Followership.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Beaf: 11:05pm On Aug 23, 2010
High_Chief:

So why dont we say OBJ is the best president or supported his 3rd term cos he solved the problem of Tele communication that previous govts b4 him could not achieve, I think d problem with nigeria from the look of things is not Leadership but Followership.

Cos it is against the constitution, which gives a maximum of two terms.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by HighChief4(m): 12:19am On Aug 24, 2010
^^^^^And you rate his government as a success? one thing you have to know is that Jonathan has not done anything, yes nothing to get the support of nigerians, talking about the fuel crisis is like treating the symptons and not the disease, hw do you expect him to achieve a lasting solution to the seemingly intractable fuel scarcity problem when our refineries are not working? Does that sound ideal to you that we depend on the products imported to the country when we can set up our own refineries that will provide enough fuel to the nation. That guy knows the solution to all these, but obviously wants to profer temporal solution just to win votes, we will know when he is serious.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Solomon227(m): 12:42am On Aug 24, 2010
I dont like OBJ, GEJ has never inspired me  but there is 1 thing I cant live wit: A Demon on the throne of my fatherland again. I will fight him and claw him if I can get close to him make sure I I fill the gap in his tooth with alradite, who knows may be he will stop sucking blood?
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Beaf: 12:45am On Aug 24, 2010
Solomon227:

I dont like OBJ, GEJ has never inspired me but there is 1 thing I cant live wit: A Demon on the throne of my fatherland again. I will fight him and claw him if I can get close to him make sure I I fill the gap in his tooth with alradite, who knows may be he will stop sucking blood?

You de crase e! grin grin grin
Kai! NL peeps go kill pesin wit laf!

High_Chief:

^^^^^And you rate his government as a success? one thing you have to know is that Jonathan has not done anything, yes nothing to get the support of nigerians, talking about the fuel crisis is like treating the symptons and not the disease, hw do you expect him to achieve a lasting solution to the seemingly intractable fuel scarcity problem when our refineries are not working? Does that sound ideal to you that we depend on the products imported to the country when we can set up our own refineries that will provide enough fuel to the nation. That guy knows the solution to all these, but obviously wants to profer temporal solution just to win votes, we will know when he is serious.

Last I heard, 3 new refineries are being built and the current ones are being devested from the corrupt grip of NNPC and privatised.
NNPC itself is being thoroughly reorganised (that is why there is suddenly an abundance of fuel). For the first time in its history, its books have been audited (something that was impossible in the past), every loophole through which private pockets were diverting our national oil wealth. That is why you find a lot of people so angry, its because their corrupt bucks have come to a sudden end.

NNPC is Nigeria's backbone, so that alongside power, has been Jonathans first focus and it has been a hell of a success so far. NNPC is a very big beast indeed. Other things will follow in due course.

Bids are already out for the electricity super grid and the privatisation of the various sections of PHCN. Jonathans actions in the energy sector will energise the economy with the release of several billions of dollars worth of offshore and onshore investments. It is for every Nigerian to study the electricity situation, cos there's a killing to be made. Jonathan is going to enrich everyday Nigerians with ideas in ways no other govt has; electricity is one of these ways, it will be several times bigger than the telecoms market.

The best minds have been harnessed in the financial sector, as well as other fields. Dude, big things are happening.

The man is quiet, otherwise what he has achieved in 3+ months is staggering. The story just hasn't been told, but I guess we will hear it when he starts campaigning.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by HighChief4(m): 1:50am On Aug 24, 2010
^^^Good to know all that you explained, but I dont believe he will achieve any positive result in any of those endeavor without reducing corruption to zero level, IMO the major problem militating against the progress of that country is corruption, this has taken us downhill for a long time and Jonathan has not done anything in that regards. First, he cannot surround himself with looters and expect to get a good result. How far have they gone with the harliburton scandal? How many former governors and public office holders have been probed? Has aondoaka been probed yet? This guy could not stand on his feet to claim what rightfully and constitutionally belonged to him when Yaradua was sick and we all saw how a shameless woman(Turai) tossed him around, is this the kind of man you think that will steer nigeria to the promise land? Do I need to remind you that he is very extravagant also, wasting our resources over irrelevant things.

For the NNPC, have they persecuted any of the NNPC officials? dont you think he might just want to install his own cronnies there which we normally see anytime there is a change of leadership. What about the case of his wife laudering money to Isreal. Nigeria is a country that is so blessed in so many ways, cant we use the proceeds from our oil to establish other resources like Agriculture, the highest palm produce exporting country in the world today took their first seedlings from nigeria and today where are we. My broda we need someone with a sound mind to deliver our country, our problem does not need any magic to be solved. Anyways, am one of those few nigerians that cannot be fooled and will definitely know a genuine candidate who is ready to revert the situation of that country.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Beaf: 2:26am On Aug 24, 2010
^
One wise proverb says, "small, small catch monkey."

It is only a few months since the country was tittering on the brink of disaster and wanton bloodshed and Jonathans first duty was to stabilise the country. . . Peace and security first, tackling corruption will come at the right time, in fact (grapevine) a few silent moves toward blocking money laundering should commence soon.
In order to keep the country from falling into a spiral of bloodshed from the Yar Adua imbroglio, Jonathan had to inherit and work with Yar Adua's cabinet (75% of his ministers) and other power brokers from across the spectrum, all from different backgrounds and moralities, some with shaky loyalties. A fair price to avoid unnecessary bloodshed.

After he gains his own mandate in 2011; without baggage from Yar Adua's time, the true man will emerge.
He will sit firmly in position and choose every single one of his people; unlike now, nobody will will inherited. To fight our deep rooted corruption in Nigeria, you need loyalty across the board.

It would be impossible for anybody to uproot corruption in just 3 months and in an election year, it has to be a very deliberate and thorough project.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by HighChief4(m): 9:14pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^^Jonathan should just make you his campaign Chairman grin
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by Beaf: 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2010
High_Chief:

^^^Jonathan should just make you his campaign Chairman grin

Tnx for the wish. wink
I genuinely believe there is a lot of value in Jonathan, the full story is not being told, because we live in unusual times and he is a very quiet gentleman. As his campaign unfolds, we should begin to see many more positives.
Re: 2011: Obj Declares For Jonathan - Says, It’s ‘operation Totality’ by XueRengui: 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2014
Clean sweep

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GEJ Was Never On EFFC's List Of Corrupt Governors - Reuben Abati / Governor Lamido Berates Jonathan Administration / Exclusive Photos: See How Inside Of Apc's Campaign Private Jet Looks Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.