Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore (35890 Views)

Retired Justice Ahmad Olanrewaju Belgore Is Dead / Alfa Belgore & P&ID: Who Is Salihu Modibbo Alfa Belgore? / Buhari’s Award Of GCFR To M.K.O Abiola Illegal — Ex-cjn Belgore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by LocalChamp: 3:47pm On Feb 12, 2019
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKFEB 11, 2019

Dele Belgore, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), has debunked the allegation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that he laundered the sum of N450million in 2015.

The EFCC is prosecuting him before the Federal High Court in Lagos for allegedly benefiting N450million from the sum of $115.01million, which Diezani Alison-Madueke, a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, allegedly doled out to influence the 2015 elections.

The EFCC said Belgore, alongside a former Minister of National Planning, Professor Abubakar Sulaiman, went to a branch of Fidelity Bank in Ilorin on March 26, 2015, to sign for and collect the N450million cash.

However, while testifying in his defence on Monday, Belgore admitted being invited by the bank manager on March 26, 2015, to take delivery of the N450million cash, but said he left the bank without the money.

The SAN, who said he was the Kwara State Coordinator of then President Goodluck Jonathan reelection campaign, said he did not collect the N450million because on getting to the bank, he realised that the money was too huge for his Toyota Prado jeep.

Belgore said: “I indicated to PW1 (bank manager) that I could not collect the money and I gave two reasons. First, I said this money was coming two days before the election; all the stakeholders and party members were aware of the arrival of the money and therefore, I did not consider it safe to move such a huge amount of money out of the bank in the middle of the night.

“The second reason was that I did not come prepared to receive and take away such a large amount of money, as I came only in my vehicle, a Toyota Prado jeep.

“As I said earlier, the heap of cash that I saw in the bank’s loading bay was at least three to four feet high. So, I told PW1 that if it took a bullion van to transport the cash from the Central Bank of Nigeria to Fidelity Bank, there was no way I would be able to evacuate those funds with my Toyota Prado.”

Belgore said following a long argument between him, Suleiman and the bank manager, the bank manager told them to sign for the money and agreed to keep the money in the bank’s vault.

“After signing the document, I left the bank without the money. I did not take a penny out of the bank; I left the bank empty-handed,” he said.

Justice Rilwan Aikawa adjourned further proceedings till February 28, 2019, at the instance of Ebun Shofunde (SAN), Belgore’s lawyer, who said he needed time to preview the CCTV footage of the events that took place within the banking hall on March 26, 2015, when Belgore and Suleiman visited.

In the charges against them, the EFCC insisted that Belgore and Suleiman received N450million from Diezani and laundered same.

The anti-graft agency said they ought to have “reasonably known” that the N450million was part of proceeds of unlawful activities, adding that they handled the money without going through any financial institution, contrary to the provisions of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act.

The duo pleaded not guilty to the charges.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/11/i-couldnt-take-diezanis-n450m-because-it-was-too-huge-my-jeep-says-belgore#disqus_thread

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by diadem10: 3:50pm On Feb 12, 2019
One of our yam thieves under the lord of thieves himself Jonathan.

Despite Buhari administration earning 60% less yet he's come up with plenty projects such as

Our railways at itakpewarri, Lagos-ibadan, kaduna-abuja etc,

The production of low cost fertilizers,

Zik maoseleum

Baro inland port,

Rice mills,

Foreign reserve increase from #26b to #43b,

Construction of our express highways such as enuguonitsha, Lagos-ibadan etc.

Social policy schemes such as tradermoni, npower etc

And most especially, stabilizing us through this recession which happened because jonathan failed to save despite earning 60% more than Buhari coupled with the fall in the price of crude oil from #110 per barrel in 5 years under Jonathan to a paltry #50 per barrel under Buhari administration yet Buhari was able to keep us afloat while having many projects to his name thereby surprising Ngozi Iweala and Charles Soludo who predicted recession because jonathan failed to save during the time of plentiful.

Sai Baba. PDP, Neva again

148 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by freemanbubble: 3:50pm On Feb 12, 2019
Okay
Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by naijapips04: 3:51pm On Feb 12, 2019
See this APC goat.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Blinkers: 3:51pm On Feb 12, 2019
cool

It was looting galore for the previous PDP government!

Imagine what the money would have done for social infrastructure, education and economic empowerment.

Sadly, the present government may not be different. Theirs, will also be exposed when they are out of power.

Forget it, Nigeria is gone!!!

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by PraiseClef(m): 3:51pm On Feb 12, 2019
Our mumu don do for this country
God teleport me go Shanghai

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 12, 2019
And people still want to vote pdp in shocked 450m

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Jason007: 3:52pm On Feb 12, 2019
keep lying to yourself

2 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by rookidmart: 3:52pm On Feb 12, 2019
This is funny grin

3 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 12, 2019
When the mentions mullion and I check my account balance. To cry dey always hungry me.

11 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by uzhofficial: 3:52pm On Feb 12, 2019
In patience's voice.

This thing will end today

1 Like

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by AngelicBeing: 3:53pm On Feb 12, 2019
angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Baawaa(m): 3:54pm On Feb 12, 2019
Where are the atikulooting crew,you will not see them on the post that has to do with corruption
Never again PDP in this Nation grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by papparatzzi2013: 3:54pm On Feb 12, 2019
Pigidiotic Looterattis will be silent over this.

The same way they will be silenced on Saturday

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by fokusmind: 3:54pm On Feb 12, 2019
The way Jonathan wasted the country future savings, only God can forgive him.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Maxmavis(m): 3:55pm On Feb 12, 2019
Shame on u. End time thief.

Curse be unto you n your family

2 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by AhlexOfficial(m): 3:55pm On Feb 12, 2019
Who is Deceiving Who

1 Like

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by chidi2pus(m): 3:56pm On Feb 12, 2019
even though I'm pro pdp, let justice prevail regardless of party politics
It doesn't matter what party or candidate we stand for.
Let's be two money launderers down as a nation.

5 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by helinues: 3:56pm On Feb 12, 2019
Simply poverty of mind.
Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 12, 2019
our money eh.

2 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by nutexumidi: 3:56pm On Feb 12, 2019
lie l.ie lies
Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by funmilade4real(m): 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2019
PDP.

2 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by udemzyudex(m): 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2019
How much did they pay for this idiot to come out and say trash.

You couldn't take #450m cos it was too heavy for your jeep, say that to the gods.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by olapluto(m): 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2019
450 million naira JUST LIKE THAT!!!!
And people want to take us back to that PDP? No wonder there is so much complaints. If that 450 Million had been shared, there would have been a false believe that everything was OK. Its like a Blitzkrieg of false economic prospects we have always had in Nigeria.

24 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by AhlexOfficial(m): 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
Is it not the same Diezani that was spotted walking freely in the UK few days back... Mtcheew

9 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Larryfest(m): 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
The last government really wasted money a lot but then that doesn't give this clueless present administration to put the country into this big mess we are right now, i mean they were looting all those cash and it wasn't as bad as this so now that looting has allegedly be put to death why is the country so bad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Boko Haram Is Funded – United Nations / Buhari’s Certificate: Defence Minister Flays Minimah Over Scandal / Onitsha Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.