Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,708 members, 7,831,215 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' (45179 Views)

Leaked Tapes: Return To PDP, Atiku Tells Amaechi / Atiku Reacts To Amaechi's Leaked Tapes 'Insulting Buhari' / Full Transcript Of Amaechi's Leaked Tapes "Insulting Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by kirajustice: 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
@POLITICSNGR

Another tape has emerged of the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu calling Igbo people 'Awon Okoros'.

He proceeded to hail them by shouting 'Igbo Kwenu'. 

In Part 1 of the tapes released earlier today, Tinubu was heard promising to give massive amounts of money to members of the party if President Buhari emerges victorious in the 2019 General Elections. 

Listen to the tape HERE

https://politicsngr.com/another-leaked-tape-tinubu-refers-igbos-awon-okoros-listen/

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by baliyubla: 3:39pm On Feb 17, 2019
Awon Ole.

APC a party of bigots and ethnic supremacist.

Shame on anyone associated with the likes of Tinubu and APC.

Spits.

P.S The poster below should try to understand context. When Igbos call Hausa’s Aboki, the don’t necessarily mean friend, same thing applies to Tinubu here.

Coming from a supposed elder statesman is unforgivable.

252 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by bkool7(m): 3:42pm On Feb 17, 2019
Trash

Since when does OKORO became an insult or hate speech?

Awon Okoro simply means The Okoros

Where is the insult in that, or igbos don't bear the name again?

So if I'm called Awon Akande I'll feel offended?

Reno simply doesn't know the meaning or just want to continue oiling the gullibility of Atiku's supporters

However, if Okoro Means something derogatory in Igbo you ppl should enlighten us

290 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Famousbabe(f): 3:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
Nawa o
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Richdad50(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
There are clear and evident signs to demean. It is no secret that there is genuine hatred on both sides but a handshake of the East and West will lead Nigeria into unprecedented prosperity.

#Richdad

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by PMBuhariGCFR: 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
Awon Okoro. Awon 5%. grin grin

Aisha, lets go to za oza room maza maza.

33 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by MartinCorridon: 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
Bow down to someone greater than you.

Asiwaju is the nightmare of Okoros everywhere.

100% fact! tongue

129 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Manson1(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hmm

Are you about to build? then see my signature
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by biosilicon: 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
Lol. so that's all they can make out from the tape grin. both PDP an APC politicians are one and the same group of people, a bunch of selfish bastards. Doing whatever it takes to be in control of the country. Now they have played the Age-long tribal card, na that one dem they use hold Nigerians for work.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by tunjijones(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
And so what? What if he called them Okoro.

Are they not okoro?

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by lonelydora: 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
Tinubu, the mad man

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Escalze(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
TRIBALISM and RELIGION our major problems in this country. Take these away and watch how this country would flourish

86 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by smile11s(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
No be small thing o
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by PennywysCares(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
Can tell me the meaning
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Chipink(f): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
Yesterday it was Hausa imam today it was TINUBU the drug pusher.
This is exactly why APC postponed the election
Because they realised Atiku is gaining more fans in YORUBA(afonja/conehead) and hausa land despite picking Peter obi and could win the election.
They forgot to play tribal politics and now they are trying to do what they didnt do in their campaigns.
They know changing the mind of an average Hausa almajiri and YORUBA(afonja) Moslem is very easy with tribalism, because they lack exposure and sound education.
But no matter what God pass them, ATIKU MUST WIN.
Obama and Clinton did more than this and still lost.

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Albert0011(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
Thank God he didn't insult the Igbo's...Nairaland for dey boil now, before u quote and insult me,mind u that am from Delta north,i speak small Igbo and understand it.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by KillTheZombies: 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
I dey come first
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by flexyrule(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
Trying hard to heat up the polity.
I've never picked offence before when Omo Yorubas and Nyamiris/Okoros call me Aboki.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by raumdeuter: 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
Well said Jagaban

Arthur Eze and Peter Obi actually called Yoruba amala and ewedu people

Ocheorome Nnana called Yorubas sophisticated morrrons

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hahahahahahaa

My neighbors from the East side abi some of you are shouting Sai baba?

These guys don't respect you one bit in APC

Vote for atiku

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by gungab(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
But it's an indigenous name

Check my Signature for quick data at cheap rate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by holicalpha(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
See Tinubu Head like Okro

11 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Ayoswit(f): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by bettercreature(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
bkool7:
Trash

Dont mind them,that is what we call them here there is nothing special or wrong about it

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by seunogunmolu1: 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
Buhari will still win the election

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by davillian(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
Buhari has infected this one with tribalism

9 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Chipink(f): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
B
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by fruqy(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
bkool7:
Trash

Been wondering since time began

42 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of Tinubu As A Young Man / Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons / Shettima: Senate President, Speaker Can’t Be Of Same Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.