Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,573 members, 7,770,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:12 AM

Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria (17573 Views)

Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by sajayi: 11:26am On Aug 25, 2010
So who is best ISP in Nigeria. Who is crappy, who is a thief, and who is the best servant of the people. Share your views and experience please.

Also checkout my list of all the popular service providers in Nigeria with pricing, validity, data cap etc. and add a comment with your favorite ISPs plans review.

http://solaajayi./2010/08/24/internet-service-plans-in-nigeria-with-pricing-validity-data-cap-and-activation-codes/
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by Tamipepple: 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2010
Hi

Guy hilight me this stuf i've lookin for it abeg. let me Know which one is very good now.

tanks

Tammy
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by sajayi: 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2010
Depends mostly on where you are and your browsing lifestyle. I'm currently an MTN fan cos they are consistent and fast. Each provider has their own issues. And the major issue is coverage. U can try the 3G ISPs in your location by subscribing to their daily package and figure out who's best for you.

One good thing about MTN & Zain is that you can easily try out their service by using your 3G phone (without buying their modem). Glo insists you have to buy their 3G modem but it is possible to use Glo on your 3G phone once you know what to do.
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by Tamipepple: 1:51pm On Aug 25, 2010
tanks man Sajayi,
currently am using multilinks network and am paying so much. A wk N6K 4 my destop. I dont just knw. Am also wantin 2 configure my phone but MTN does nt hav my Phone settings.

plz.
tprymes@yahoo.co.uk +2348083611681

10x,
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by mikkyphp(m): 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2010
www.kkontech.com

now present in lagos,abuja,OH,Ibadan,
da best!
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by sajayi: 8:10am On Aug 27, 2010
So you'd u like to post Kkon's subcription plans so we can check em out?
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by CNOD: 8:27am On Aug 27, 2010
pls sajayi do u hv any idea d best internet connection 4 abuja.
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by sajayi: 9:20am On Aug 27, 2010
Sorry man, dunno wassup with Abuja ISPs.
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by rkcool36: 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2010
do u know you can be paying lessthan 15,000 naira for internet subcriptions monthly
and connect 15 or more systems with unlimited bandwidth and super speed.
for offices, schools and Cybercafes. call 07038946138 or 07041889714 for more info::
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by sajayi: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2010
So what's the ISP's name?
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by theagent: 10:50pm On Aug 27, 2010
Try www.nigerianwebhosts.com they are very good.
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by sajayi: 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2010
Hey, MTN is working great in Abuja. Getting 3.5G and good speed (100KB/s). Be sure to do your research (confirm coverage in your location) before getting it cos I've heard complaints of signal coverage.
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by skbello: 6:33pm On Sep 20, 2010
hey guy, plz i want to know which of this internet provider will be ok for me to do small cafe for like 8 to 10 systems in ado ekiti
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by COMPAQ(m): 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2010
100kbs na speed!!!!?
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by sajayi: 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2011
100KB/s -> 1Mbps which very good for mobile internet.
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by Joe50(m): 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2011
u can setup a cafe with more than 10 computers and pay N7,000 monthly service feel.

to get this manuel and instructions, email me write2josh@yahoo.com

or check our upcoming wap site www.omcheatzone.wapego.com
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by OjWick(m): 6:56pm On Jan 06, 2011
I use starcomms izap and i can recommend them. Flexible plan - 100hours @ N6500
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by COMPAQ(m): 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2011
depends on where you are and the kind of signal strength you get, but by and large MTN is the best. Fast and consistent. Airtel is the worst. Glo is also bad. Glo is inconsistent and not fast enough. With my MTN i watch you tube and film previews on yahoo movies with no bufferring. because the quality on you tube varies between 240 and 360p the size is small and i can watch 15 20 videos there with no buffering. But on yahoo movies the trailers are of 720p quality and i can watch like 3-4 with no buffering. The 5th might buffer briefly and then others may not bugffer. My Glo doesn't evben play youtube without buffering.
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 09, 2011
I've pretty much used everything and mtn by miles gives you the best bang for buck. Glo is crap, multilinks is no where near mtn in terms of speed.

Considering the sheer amount of traffic mtn has to deal with, they get my vote in terms of consistency of network strength. My only problem is their download cap
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by infomillionaire: 4:28am On Jan 10, 2011
Hemmmm, what is the best internet connection to use? that is quite a difficult question to answer.

One cannot categorically say that one internet service provider or the other is the best out of the several ones we have in Nigeria because they all have their limitation and the government of our country are not interested in protecting its citizenry.

In considering the internet connection to use, one has to consider quite a number of factors which will be able to guide one on which connection to use.

These factors ranges from the cost of acquiring the modem, cost of paying for the internet service, availability of 3g service close to the individual, the speed of the internet service etc.

Cost of Modem, formally the cost of modems in Nigeria was so expensive but thanks to competition among the sector, at least the cost of 3g modems have now being reduced a little to between N8500 to about N13500, but the challenge is most of the internet service providers restricts their modems to their networks along and so whenever there is a network problem you get stuck. The only way to overcome this challenge is to UNLOCK THE MODEM AND MAKE IT ACCEPT ALL NETWORK. To unlock your modem and make it universal to accept all networks call me on 08034897371, then you will provide me with the imei no and model of your modem, after unlocking i will send you the unlocking code to your mobile phone. what you now need to do is to put another network sim in your modem, connect it to your pc and it will request for the unlock code, which i have already sent to you. after inputting it and clicking on ok the modem will become open for all networks.

Cost of Subscription, this is where a lot of Nigerians has the challenge. it is one problem to get money and acquire the modem but it is a more challenging issue to constantly pay for the subscription so you could always access the internet whenever you want. The subscription cost for most of the internet service providers ranges from N5000 to N15,000 monthly which is not easy for one to constantly pay. In this respect means have being device to assist people to surf the net for either free or to surf the net with N500 for straight six months. You can call me 08034897371 for details on this.

3g service, for you to enjoy internet service you will need a 3g access. We have two types of access, the edge and the 3g. The edge works like a phone but the 3g has a very high speed.

Most of our service providers modem has 3g modems with a browsing speed of 3.6Mbps but you can get a universal modem with a browsing speed of 7.2Mbps from me at a very reduced rate and it has the following features

3.5G/3G HSDPA Universal USB Modem
*7.2Mbps maximum downlink
*Works with MTN, Zain, Glo & Etisalat
*MicroSD Slot (Can be used as flash drive)
*SMS Capable
*Phonebook functionality
*Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7
*Plug & Play (No CD Driver required)

With this it takes care of the lapses the normal 3g modem by our service providers has.

It is also very important you find out if there is a 3g service where you stay or which of the internet service providers has a 3g service where you stay. This is necessarily because if you have a 3g modem and stays where there is no 3g service, you cant enjoy a 3g speed but an edge speed which is about 236kbps.

Speed of the internet service providers, this is important but most times we cannot determine this easily but the most important thing is if it is a 3g modem it helps to enhance the browsing speed.

Therefore in all, I advice if you have not bought a modem yet that you should go for a universal modem which i can provide for you and if you already have a modem from any of our network service providers it is advisable you unlock it to accept all networks to remove the barrier of limitation. I also unlock modems so you can call for that also.

After acquiring the modem then you can contact me for browsing for free with your 3g modem on zain and mtn network or browsing for straight six months with a zain 500 recharge card.

In all you will enjoy unlimited internet access and do what ever you want to do.

Once again for your universal modem with the specification above and for unlimited surfing of the internet for almost free, call me on 08034897371 or 08023525720.

For those in Lagos you can come to my office for configuring your laptop while those outside lagos we do send down our modem and an installation cd to guide you through.

thanks and stay cool
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by maingate2: 9:58am On Nov 19, 2011
it depend on ur location but one very important thing is that you have to make sure u are not paying a kobo for it. Go for free browsing on pc using mtn or swift 4g or multilinks or etisalat. The choice is yours to make

Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by Neossos(m): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2011
I have used several providers in the past few months but must say that I’m impressed with Starcomms and their plans. Just got their newest modem and a 250hr plan. No significant daytime lag in connection speed and no timeouts, pages are "click & open"; hard to believe but that’s what I enjoy EVERYDAY… It’s ideal for online courses and such.

If you are in Abuja Holla at Faith on 07028121338, 07028392184

faitha@starcomms.com

faithaikhetuamen@yahoo.com

I'm sure you'll thank me
Re: Best Internet Service Provider In Nigeria by Maleeq(m): 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2011
Similar thread exists here

(1)

Best Laptop For Engineering Software. / How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? / Post Your India Web Proxy problems Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.