Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,405 members, 7,830,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim (5115 Views)

Atiku Vs Buhari: INEC Must Produce Presidential Election Server - Peter Obi / Give Best Caption To This Olawepo Hashim's Image and Win / Olawepo-hashim: I Was A Lonely Child Who Cheated Death 4 Times While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by sammieyion: 5:08pm On Feb 18, 2019
Gbenga Olawepo- Hashim is the Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Trust (PT), the party endorsed by a coalition of civil society organisations also known as the Third Force. In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he bares his mind on the postponement of the 2019 general elections by the Indepndent National Electoral Commission (INEC). Excerpts:

As one of the presidential candidates contesting in the 2019 general elections, how do you feel when INEC announced the postponement of the exercise?

Ordinarily, it will be disappointing because of the logistics problems and the stress it places on everyone; the electorates, stakeholders and so on. My appeal now is that INEC should get the next postponed date, which is February 23rd right. I wonder why they are in a haste to announce a new date. I thought they should have discussed with the stakeholders that will participate in the elections before they quickly fix another date. The election is not just for INEC. It’s for the voters; it’s for the parties who are nominating agents, who will be mobilising their members. Some of them may have to repeat the cost and the logistics that they have deployed already. So, INEC cannot arbitrarily postpone the election without consulting with the other stakeholders. What is important is that we should have a credible election and at the end of the day, our country is better for it.

Related Post
Fashola hasn’t invested enough on education –Agbaje
By Akinwunmi King Snr. Reporter, Lagos The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Lagos…

Safe Motherhood: Seplat Charges Women On Child Spacing
John Dugbe Ughelli - Seplat Petroleum Development Company/NDPC Thursday at Sapele, Delta State, organised a…

Some are accusing the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and President Muhammadu Buhari of being behind the postponement. Do you also share this view?

This is not the first time we are seeing this. We saw it under former President Olusegun Obasanjo. We saw it under Goodluck Jonathan. Even the election that produced President Buhari in 2015 was postponed by six weeks but Jonathan did not benefit from that postponement. I did not see how the postponement will benefit the incumbent President. But what is important is that INEC must not do things hastily. If they postpone for six weeks under Jonathan, why should it be one week now? Are they saying they would have gotten everything right by next week? So, whatever they have not done right now, can they to do it in one week? They need to do things properly so that we can have a credible election. So, I don’t believe President Buhari has anything to do with this. My belief is that INEC leadership should not put itself under unnecessary pressure. They should do their job properly and let’s have a credible election.

https://www.independent.ng/inec-must-not-put-itself-under-unnecessary-pressure-olawepo-hashim/amp/

1 Like

Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:02am On Feb 19, 2019
True that!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by B1ak3: 5:03am On Feb 19, 2019
I concur jare. Everybody were frustrated by the postponement but it was widely understood except for the ballot box stuffers (PDP) who took it to another level and were accusing every living thing that begins with A for the postponement. Simply because it rendered all their already stuffed ballot boxes useless.

5 Likes

Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by Ayoswit(f): 5:04am On Feb 19, 2019
Good point there.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by okpaire(m): 5:04am On Feb 19, 2019
so true. nice one from the man

4 Likes

Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by martowskin1(m): 5:07am On Feb 19, 2019
is annoying seeing this people compare 2015 postponement with this trash they did ..... why is sense far from this people

GOODLUCK DID POSTPONE ELECTION 4HRS TO COMMENCEMENT
Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by artofseduction: 5:12am On Feb 19, 2019
Laws re Laws without them, we re savages.

Dey re testing d waters.
It started wit Dasuki nd elzazaky nd dey got away with it.
Dey went further to install an illegal CJN nd is still ongoing.

In d face of imminent defeat, dey want to set d country on fire.
Today, it's #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk
Tomorrow ut may b #ProtestAtYourOwnRisk
Or msy b #OppositionAtYourOwnRisk

D Zombies re cheering dem on but, even Abacha had nd still hv supporters.

If only he was proactive like towards herdsmen, bandatory nd Bokoharam.
It would've been a thing of d past.

If only he signed d electoral bills into law.

Snatching boxes would a waste of time.
BUT he didn't, Cos his handlers priority is about retaining power nd not leadership.

Posterity will judge us all.

5 Likes

Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by zeromeridian: 5:22am On Feb 19, 2019
Winner of this Poll wins Saturdays Election. Mark my word

Like for Atiku Share for Buhari

23 Likes 13 Shares

Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by ExAngel007(f): 5:23am On Feb 19, 2019
l like this man. he gives details on why he wants something done.

Not those who do nothing but insult and blame each other

6 Likes

Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by dukeprince50: 5:28am On Feb 19, 2019
the guy has a point, I know Buhari is not planning on rigging the election as he said in his speech "let the masses decide who they want, do not steal their will"
we call him tyrant, dullard etc but he is a guy you can trust wit ur money

5 Likes

Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by Chinashopping84: 5:33am On Feb 19, 2019
They are not under pressure.They are just playing the script given to them by APC and PDP.Haven't heard where a WAEC or GCE or JAMB being postponed.We are really in a big mess in this country.God please help us..

check my siggy
Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by yinkus6750(m): 5:36am On Feb 19, 2019
Which pressure?
Playing politics with election they had all the time to plan for, and rescheduling few hours to voting.
Let's be serious.
Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by ayufun: 5:37am On Feb 19, 2019
Nigerians will decide, either pressure dey or not

1 Share

Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by shakamarh: 5:37am On Feb 19, 2019
Although there's great truth in this, but all I know is that it would produce Atiku as our new president.
Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by chiefolododo(m): 5:37am On Feb 19, 2019
No matter what, Atiku will still win
Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by kekakuz(m): 5:43am On Feb 19, 2019
BUHARI IS OBVIOUSLY DOING A GOOD JOB
Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by babablogger: 5:43am On Feb 19, 2019
martowskin1:
is annoying seeing this people compare 2015 postponement with this trash they did ..... why is sense far from this people

GOODLUCK DID POSTPONE ELECTION 4HRS TO COMMENCEMENT

Goodluck never had the power to postpone anyways,
The difference with this is Inec postponed it not the president
Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by ArmaniUhuru: 5:43am On Feb 19, 2019
INEC should just contact Gov. Okowa to help them with the template he used to conduct the PDP National Convention.

Buhari’s final trip to Daura is inevitable.
Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by votusep: 5:48am On Feb 19, 2019
sammieyion:
Gbenga Olawepo- Hashim is the Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Trust (PT), the party endorsed by a coalition of civil society organisations also known as the Third Force. In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he bares his mind on the postponement of the 2019 general elections by the Indepndent National Electoral Commission (INEC). Excerpts:

As one of the presidential candidates contesting in the 2019 general elections, how do you feel when INEC announced the postponement of the exercise?

Ordinarily, it will be disappointing because of the logistics problems and the stress it places on everyone; the electorates, stakeholders and so on. My appeal now is that INEC should get the next postponed date, which is February 23rd right. I wonder why they are in a haste to announce a new date. I thought they should have discussed with the stakeholders that will participate in the elections before they quickly fix another date. The election is not just for INEC. It’s for the voters; it’s for the parties who are nominating agents, who will be mobilising their members. Some of them may have to repeat the cost and the logistics that they have deployed already. So, INEC cannot arbitrarily postpone the election without consulting with the other stakeholders. What is important is that we should have a credible election and at the end of the day, our country is better for it.

Related Post
Fashola hasn’t invested enough on education –Agbaje
By Akinwunmi King Snr. Reporter, Lagos The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Lagos…

Safe Motherhood: Seplat Charges Women On Child Spacing
John Dugbe Ughelli - Seplat Petroleum Development Company/NDPC Thursday at Sapele, Delta State, organised a…

Some are accusing the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and President Muhammadu Buhari of being behind the postponement. Do you also share this view?

This is not the first time we are seeing this. We saw it under former President Olusegun Obasanjo. We saw it under Goodluck Jonathan. Even the election that produced President Buhari in 2015 was postponed by six weeks but Jonathan did not benefit from that postponement. I did not see how the postponement will benefit the incumbent President. But what is important is that INEC must not do things hastily. If they postpone for six weeks under Jonathan, why should it be one week now? Are they saying they would have gotten everything right by next week? So, whatever they have not done right now, can they to do it in one week? They need to do things properly so that we can have a credible election. So, I don’t believe President Buhari has anything to do with this. My belief is that INEC leadership should not put itself under unnecessary pressure. They should do their job properly and let’s have a credible election.

https://www.independent.ng/inec-must-not-put-itself-under-unnecessary-pressure-olawepo-hashim/amp/

M C D A V E F U N D S . C O M gives you the opportunity to receive a stable profit from their various portfolio. they have all it takes.The investment packages they provide offer the combination of high returns balanced with expert risk management which allows a safe and sustainable operation. they provide professional account management with top-notch support and customer service.
Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by jericco1(m): 5:53am On Feb 19, 2019
everybody with their own thoughts and interpretation.
Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by 4ckTOTO: 5:58am On Feb 19, 2019
So Mr eazi haff proposed to otedola daughter and una dey disturb me with inec. Who inec ep. May not Thunda fire una yansh dia
Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 6:01am On Feb 19, 2019
Just-like-Timaya ''OMO-I-CONCUR''
Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by donnie(m): 6:07am On Feb 19, 2019
grin
Re: INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim by Tofax: 6:15am On Feb 19, 2019
Snatching of ballot boxes is not the only form of rigging. There is a political party (APC) that are used to the weather-beaten methods of rigging and vote buying, hijack of result sheets, scarcity of materials in opposition party stronghold, and using the security apparatus to intimidate, threaten and harass voters against their will and wish. It seems this Osun method failed when INEC refuse to stagger the election. The reason for their anger and attack on Inec.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Rolls Out New BRT Buses / Enugu LG Elections: Ugwuanyi Votes, Praises Peaceful Conduct / Boko Haram's Protest Is For Social Injustice - Yuguda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.