Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,636 members, 7,840,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike (7644 Views)

NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / Ogun Workers Commence Three-day Strike / FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by waledonbac: 6:20am On Aug 26, 2010
Y re u pple abusin d phcn workas. Dont u kno dat my father is phcn worker. They ve nt been given u light b4, is it there fault
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by wales(m): 6:39am On Aug 26, 2010
Men this guy's means business the whole of abuja no light angry angry angry angry
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by nigerbobo(m): 7:47am On Aug 26, 2010
You guys should free PHCN abeg,  the Government should live up to its responsibility and pay them their arrears. have any of you heard of our senators or house or reps members going on strike? No! because they get paid their arrears three months up front! f.u.ck this government Abeg! f.u.ck them politicians playing politics with our future! Tired of this poo!
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by oyebanji(m): 8:02am On Aug 26, 2010
While I do not doubt the genuineness of their demands, I think this is the more reason NEPA/PHCN should be unbundled.

This will give room for a business approach to power generation and distribution , with the market forces of demand and supply at play.

And in the new arrangement, Industrial crises will not put the whole country into darkness, and also we will be assured of regular supply of power since irregular supply will automatically lead to loss of revenue, lawsuits etc.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by DoubleN(m): 8:06am On Aug 26, 2010
In my own Opinion,PHCN stopped working over 50 years ago. Each state should be responsible for generating its own power,SIMPLE! i doubt this will ever happen though due to the insatiable greed of our ruling politicians. Giant of Africa my foot!
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by hakunajay(m): 8:25am On Aug 26, 2010
Let's all imagine that we have different companies producing/selling power like we have in the communication sector where we have mtn, glo, visafone etc. I believe there will be regular power supply if this happens! NEPA/PHCN can be compared to MTEL and i believe they wont stand d fierce competition if private organizations or individuals are allowed to venture into the power sector! May the Almighty God never allow them to call off the strike as this might push the govt to encourage private organizations to come in into the sector!
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by wamby(m): 8:31am On Aug 26, 2010
Pls nairalanders residing in fct abuja is thr blackout thr also cos dats wia i knw thr is a beat steady power.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by amehameh1: 8:35am On Aug 26, 2010
funny enough , they put off the areas that use to at least get a flash of light, before they went on strike. poor sector.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by kolaoloye(m): 8:40am On Aug 26, 2010
wamby:

Pls nairalanders residing in fct abuja is thr blackout thr also cos dats wia i knw thr is a beat steady power.
Abuja is still part of the nation,so there is no light anywhere.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by ifkunlethe: 8:44am On Aug 26, 2010
Oh LORD,  I love this thread. i reserve my comment though besides, i just dey pass. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by madprof(m): 8:54am On Aug 26, 2010
usbcable,
E be like say you dey work for NEPA grin grin
I personally don't give a flyin' f--- whether they go on strike or not; on the average I get power in my area (even in the state) for less than 10 hours in a whole week, these days it's much worse. They should go on strike and die there. Then maybe the gevernment will restrategize and revamp the power sector once and for all. As for the strikers I have no sympathy for the f--kers. They have been receiving salaries for a job not done. Where I come from that's plain thievery. mscheww! angry
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by desgiezd(m): 9:03am On Aug 26, 2010
Let everyone go and service his generator for a long and persistent duty.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by Ayowumie(m): 9:17am On Aug 26, 2010
As if it makes a difference. We hardly have light for up to 10 hours a day. And in the last 2 weeks, it has been worse. if they like make dem go on strike, if dem like make dem no go.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by toluxa1(m): 9:23am On Aug 26, 2010
Formerly, it was a source of National Embarrassment & Public Annoyance (NEPA) but now that the Problem Has Changed Name (PHCN); I strongly believe there is need for summit on this menace.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by kolaoloye(m): 9:25am On Aug 26, 2010
desgiezd:

Let everyone go and service his generator for a long and persistent duty.
once you take off,don't look back grin grin grin
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by Djswaggz(m): 9:26am On Aug 26, 2010
Omo dem mean business o!!!!
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by nadico(m): 9:32am On Aug 26, 2010
Good riddance to bad rubbish. But wait o,doesitmeanthat there is no PHCN staff who is a member of nairaland. At least he might try in his own littleway to defend them.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by jokingmary(m): 9:37am On Aug 26, 2010
They are on strike but remembered to switch of the lights undecided
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by iyatrustee(f): 9:45am On Aug 26, 2010
udobim:

Time to steal cables since no current for now. HAHAHA

as if you know. but look out for those civil defence guys otherwise na only u go fit talk wetin your eye go see lipsrsealed
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by marcus1234: 9:48am On Aug 26, 2010
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by babylishus: 9:49am On Aug 26, 2010
STRIKE??!! Seriously?? grin I mean, with the way they 'work' you wouldn't even know PHCN HAS any workers!!! And, as jokingmary so aptly put it, they even switched off the lights! They are a bunch of extortionists when it comes to the Nigerian public and the most hated public service provider in the nation so not many people feel too sorry for them but,

Jokes apart- if the government has N21 billion to spend on planes and N50 billion to spend on 50th Anniversary Owambe than surely the PHCN staff can be paid? (I am not a fan of PHCN but I hate the idea of people not being paid what they are owed).

Consequently, after the govt sells off PHCN to private companies maybe then we can get PROPER workers- especially with the millions of unemployed graduates out there. Then maybe our power sector might be less of an embarassment.

S it is most Nigerians not only pay PHCN bills but spend alot of money maintaining generators too. PHCN staff have very little pity and empathy from the Nigerian public, with good reason. After the government pays them what they are owed, they should all be FIRED and replaced by more competent people (and we have PLENTY of those around!!!)
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by cripnip(m): 9:53am On Aug 26, 2010
light has been quite constant since jonathan
(at least for me in makurdi, north central nigeria)
as no gas pipelines bursting and river kainji still full
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by googles: 9:56am On Aug 26, 2010
waledonbac:

Y re u pple abusin d phcn workas. Dont u kno dat my father is phcn worker. They ve nt been given u light b4, is it there fault

hehehe see this one  grin

@post

stoopid pple. . . .no power supply since yesterday  angry angry
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by surugede(m): 10:00am On Aug 26, 2010
when doctors go on strike we beg them, wen teacher go we beg them, now NAPA wan go and we they say free them. Please dont foret that we do not have constant power supply is not the fault of NEPA staff, it is governments wahala so make una free nepa jo, after all they have families to feed just like any doctor or teacher.

wen we all buy diesel foe 2 weeks in a row, maybe then we will begin to appreciate the little wey dem be they give us before
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by surugede(m): 10:05am On Aug 26, 2010
babylishus:

STRIKE??!! Seriously?? grin I mean, with the way they 'work' you wouldn't even know PHCN HAS any workers!!! And, as jokingmary so aptly put it, they even switched off the lights! They are a bunch of extortionists when it comes to the Nigerian public and the most hated public service provider in the nation so not many people feel too sorry for them but,

Jokes apart- if the government has N21 billion to spend on planes and N50 billion to spend on 50th Anniversary Owambe than surely the PHCN staff can be paid? (I am not a fan of PHCN but I hate the idea of people not being paid what they are owed).

Consequently, after the govt sells off PHCN to private companies maybe then we can get PROPER workers- especially with the millions of unemployed graduates out there. Then maybe our power sector might be less of an embarassment.

S it is most Nigerians not only pay PHCN bills but spend alot of money maintaining generators too. PHCN staff have very little pity and empathy from the Nigerian public, with good reason. After the government pays them what they are owed, they should all be FIRED and replaced by more competent people (and we have PLENTY of those around!!!)

our problem is not NEPA staff, our problem is the government, u dont give what u dont have, wen a man is given a razor blade to go and cut down an iroko tree, what do u expect. How much has govt pumped into power generation, how much have they put in to power generation. can nepa staff give power more that what they generate, guy make una free nepa jo, them even try
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by googles: 10:11am On Aug 26, 2010
surugede:

when doctors go on strike we beg them, wen teacher go we beg them,

the difference btwn Doctors ,teachers and them NEPA pple is the former gives you your money's worth

the Doctor treats you, you pay the bills, but NEPA wit or without power supply you get served with over-estimated bills at the end of each month

the power supply is crap,until this morning i did not know they were on strike. if they were prolly functioning well i would av known since yesterday
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by neonet(m): 10:20am On Aug 26, 2010
what difference does it make? make dem go on strike na! wetin concern me.After all we never get light for our Area for 3months.MUMU PHCN
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by UyiIredia(m): 10:20am On Aug 26, 2010
googles:

the difference btwn Doctors ,teachers and them NEPA pple is the former gives you your money's worth

the Doctor treats you, you pay the bills, but NEPA wit or without power supply you get served with over-estimated bills at the end of each month

the power supply is crap,until this morning i did not know they were on strike. if they were prolly functioning well i would av known since yesterday

no >>> i don't agree >>> i've witnessed cases whereby doctors ask for money b4 treatment >>> in an emergency situation >>> leading to complications or death >>> besides, the bad state of general health care in this nation is well-known >>> partly due to NEPA or PHCN (Problem Has Changed Name)
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by Iranoladun(f): 10:27am On Aug 26, 2010
NEPA or is it PHCN now should REMAIN ON STRIKE FOREVER!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

If not for newspaper and Nairaland I wouldn't know they are on strike.

We do not know the difference between when they are 'working' and when they are not
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by Meldrick(m): 10:28am On Aug 26, 2010
Those rogues are going on strike. A very corrupt institution. The most corrupt after the police. How many of them leave on their salaries? That's why I like Obasanjo. Why didn't they go on strike during Obasanjo's tenure?
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by Okukk(m): 10:30am On Aug 26, 2010
tongue cool grin grin grin grin
up nepa
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by UyiIredia(m): 10:32am On Aug 26, 2010
@ Meldrick >>> i can't recall now if they went during Obasanjo's time >>> but they were just as bad >>> my point >>> please don't cloak a devil as a saint >>>> b'cos of one good deed

God SOS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Some History On Lagos And Yoruba Migration - Nigerpeople / Onitsha,aba_or Owerri / Number Of Federal Civil Servants State By State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.